View Full Version : SunWelding Safes

SoCal Gunner
08-14-2012, 5:49 AM
I have seen a couple postings in safe threads by Sun Welding to check out their comparable USA made safes before buying a safe made in China. I'm all for that, except that no prices are listed.

For the owner: Why dont you list your pricing on your website? When you reply in a thread and say "check out our safe that compares to model X", why don't you list your comparable model and price?

For Consumers: Any reviews or comments on Sun Welding Safes?

08-14-2012, 11:17 PM
They don't list their prices, they use 10 and 12 gauge bodies, it could be sheet rock for the fire protection (fire board?). But there are live operators standing by.

Even if you don't like Sturdy Safe, at least their web page describes their product.

SoCal Gunner
08-16-2012, 8:23 PM
I'm very close to ordering from sturdysafe but am looking to take in as much info as I can. I've learned enough about the sub $800 forty-six gun safes to know that isn't what I'm looking for. I plan on hitting the gun show in Costa Mesa this weekend just to seek out vendors and hands-on experience.

I'm asking Sun Welding to name what they consider comparable and to list their price. Anything less and I consider their responses in all the other threads to be SPAM.

08-17-2012, 7:32 AM
Hello! We don't list our prices because you are buying direct from the manufacture. Our prices change on a weekly basis due to steel price change. On the website we do list all of the specifications on each series and model. We offer from 12 gauge bodies to 3/16" and even custom thicknesses! The fire ratings start at 30 minutes and go up to 2 hours depending on the model.

We list email, phone, and have live chat on our website. Plenty of easy ways to get a quote on which ever model you are looking at. If you are comparing a Sun Welding safe to another manufacture email me with the model and I will tell you exactly which one it compares to. Email: sun_welding@sbcglobal.net

09-18-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm looking for a safe, too. I'm currently looking at Sturdy, Mesa and Patriot. I'm also going to look into Visalia and Sun Welding, but neither of them have a lot of info on their websites. I really like what I see in the Sturdy safes, but the extra cost of their fireproofing is high, and I want one that will hold up to a fire, since that's more likely than a break-in, and I will be keeping important papers in it so i can get rid of my small fire safe.

09-18-2012, 12:52 PM
Sun Welding has many different ways of contact, you can live chat with a representative, call us 805-584-6678, or email us at sun_welding@sbcglobal.net

We do not list our pricing because you are buying direct from the manufacture. due to steel price change the prices will vary weekly. We would love to talk so give us a call!

09-19-2012, 12:41 AM
I have a Sturdy 24x32 safe and like it very much. Its way more function than form so if you want a pretty safe with lots of bells and whistles look at Liberty. The fire protection that Sturdy uses is the same as what is wrapped around your oven so the heat doesn't burn up your kitchen cabinets. Its not gypsum board like what everybody else uses. Its an expensive option on a Sturdy safe but its the best for fire protection. I skipped it because I'm not as afraid of a fire as I am theft. Talk to the people at Sturdy (Made in Fresno) and they can tell you if its worth it for you or not.
IMO Sturdy safes are about the best RSC safes out there in the sub $5000 range. I got mine for around $1500 if I remember right. My safe is the standard 7 gauge steel but 5GA is optional. Way better than the typical 10ga or 12ga on most other gun safes. Good luck.