PDA

View Full Version : DHS To Purchase Another 750 Million Rounds Of Ammo

BRANCHER
08-14-2012, 12:02 AM
Seriously they will over a half a billion rounds ordered... HALF A BILLION! Almost 2 bullets for every citizen.

And yet they are "freaked" in the news about the Aurora shooting ordering 6k...

http://www.prisonplanet.com/dhs-to-purchase-another-750-million-rounds-of-ammo.html/print/

Eddy's Shooting Sports
08-14-2012, 12:03 AM
They need that much so they can double tap every one of us....

cdownin
08-14-2012, 12:20 AM
Its for when we get invaded by another country.

fighterpilot562
08-14-2012, 1:06 AM
Buy up all the ammo and leave none for us I guess

Zartan
08-14-2012, 7:44 AM

HAHA!

Skipper
08-14-2012, 8:14 AM
From the link:

"A recently leaked US Army Military Police training manual for “Civil Disturbance Operations” outlines how military assets are to be used domestically to quell riots, confiscate firearms and even kill Americans on U.S. soil during mass civil unrest.

On page 20 of the manual, rules regarding the use of “deadly force” in confronting “dissidents” are made disturbingly clear with the directive that a, “Warning shot will not be fired.”

The manual includes lists of weapons to be used against “rioters” or “demonstrators,” including “antiriot grenades.” It also advises troops to carry their guns in the “safe port arms” stance, a psychological tactic aimed at “making a show of force before rioters.” Non-lethal weapons and water cannons are also included.

The increasing likelihood of a full blown financial collapse in the coming months has also spurred federal agencies and the U.S. Army to hone their preparations for domestic disorder on a scale greater than riots witnessed in Europe over the past two years."

RangerJoe
08-14-2012, 8:17 AM
this order: 750 million
earlier this year order: 450 million
late last year order: 250 million
Total so far: 1.45 BILLION

Population estimate for United States as of 8/14/2012: 314,158,322
source: http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html

=around 4.5 rounds per person currently living in the United States...

BrokerB
08-14-2012, 8:29 AM
Maybe..1,5 million police and military .

100 million plus armed citizens

Tinfoil hat is tight

biglou
08-14-2012, 9:03 AM
Maybe they seen the trailer to Red Dawn.

a1c
08-14-2012, 9:13 AM
I don't know, I easily shoot 500 or 1,000 rounds on some range outings.

Ripon83
08-14-2012, 9:22 AM
I'm not sure this isn't the same original order rehashed and embellished; got to consider the source, but lets again do the math and not discredit our government for saving money buying in bulk:

How many agents / officers use the ammo?
Multiply by monthly training commitments
Multiply by 3 years

My guess is the order is probably just about right.

Ron-Solo
08-14-2012, 9:30 AM
:TFH:

MORE TIN FOIL PEASE

BigBronco
08-14-2012, 9:40 AM
Perhaps the administration is planning to sell it back to us if Obama wins reelection at inflated ammo shortage prices.

keenkeen
08-14-2012, 9:40 AM
I'm not sure this isn't the same original order rehashed and embellished; got to consider the source, but lets again do the math and not discredit our government for saving money buying in bulk:

How many agents / officers use the ammo?
Multiply by monthly training commitments
Multiply by 3 years

My guess is the order is probably just about right.

Good points but please don't try and comfuse the :TFH::TFH::TFH: crowd with logic...what fun is that?

Actually, both proposals are for 5 years and are for "up to" the total amounts listed. Yet witness the great power of the internet where suddenly these are "orders for 1.45 billion rounds of ammo!!!".

Awesome. :D

fremont lapua
08-14-2012, 9:50 AM
Just remember that we as taxpayers are really buying this ammo. I want my share, hand it over... Or else

Felix168
08-14-2012, 9:53 AM
From the link:

"A recently leaked US Army Military Police training manual for “Civil Disturbance Operations” outlines how military assets are to be used domestically to quell riots, confiscate firearms and even kill Americans on U.S. soil during mass civil unrest.

On page 20 of the manual, rules regarding the use of “deadly force” in confronting “dissidents” are made disturbingly clear with the directive that a, “Warning shot will not be fired.”

The manual includes lists of weapons to be used against “rioters” or “demonstrators,” including “antiriot grenades.” It also advises troops to carry their guns in the “safe port arms” stance, a psychological tactic aimed at “making a show of force before rioters.” Non-lethal weapons and water cannons are also included.

The increasing likelihood of a full blown financial collapse in the coming months has also spurred federal agencies and the U.S. Army to hone their preparations for domestic disorder on a scale greater than riots witnessed in Europe over the past two years."

The USA is no different from any other countries including China, Syria, Russia, Iraq, Iran, etc., in this matter. The only exception is all these other countries would always be very upfront with their citizens about not to f**k with their government, unlike the hypocrites over here.

Felix168
08-14-2012, 9:59 AM
The forefathers saw this coming from the beginning, and thus created the U.S. Constitution, the supreme law of this land, and stressed the importance of "check and balance". They warned that one day, the government of this land can become too big, and the branches of the government will no longer be balanced. Thus the 2nd Amendment was created, as an insurance for the U.S. citizens to protect the idea of Liberty and Freedom.

Kodemonkey
08-14-2012, 10:02 AM
:TFH:

MORE TIN FOIL PEASE

Yeah, all I needed to see was the link to prisonplanet. Didn't even bother.

People get all up in arms about CNN and MSNBC being slanted, but this crap is just as bad or worse.

DannyInSoCal
08-14-2012, 10:14 AM
They should double that order -

It would be a shame if during the next revolution -

All the Patriots could find in the armories were weapons without ammo........

Eddy's Shooting Sports
08-14-2012, 10:44 AM
In retrospect,it's not really that much ammo in the big picture. Remember the Eagle Exim "raid" by customs back in the 90's? They had 75 million rounds of just 7.62x39mm in a warehouse in Santa Clara. Dead stacked pallets, you could probably get a billion rounds ion a 100k sq ft warehouse....

elSquid
08-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Yeah, all I needed to see was the link to prisonplanet. Didn't even bother.

Yup.

People get all up in arms about CNN and MSNBC being slanted, but this crap is just as bad or worse.

I'd say worse. It's sensationalist garbage. It'd be great if the conspiracy talk stayed on conspiracy websites, and off of calguns.

-- Michael

a1c
08-14-2012, 11:42 AM
This is the kind of thread that makes us look like a bunch of loopy nuts.

POLICESTATE
08-14-2012, 11:47 AM
It's a new method of gun control. BUY UP ALL THE AMMO, so there isn't enough for the rest of us!

Anchors
08-14-2012, 1:56 PM
Perhaps the administration is planning to sell it back to us if Obama wins reelection at inflated ammo shortage prices.

Ah! So they finally have a plan to fix the debt crisis! ;)

freonr22
08-14-2012, 2:13 PM
Period of Performance: 10/01/2012 to 09/30/2017

5 years 70m rounds a year? or am i reading it wrong?

Also contract rfp attached

acolytes
08-14-2012, 8:00 PM

:rofl:

Falstaff
08-14-2012, 9:09 PM
How is a contract for 1.4 billion rounds of ammo in black and white with a goverment purchase order from a government website "tin foil"???

Is anyone actually arguing that this isn't peculiar?
This is an order of magnitude greater YOY in their annual ammo purchases; anyone with a functioning mind should at least raise an eyebrow, after all it's our money they're spending...

rromeo
08-14-2012, 9:16 PM
Damn, I always miss out on the good group buys.

dustoff31
08-14-2012, 9:50 PM
How is a contract for 1.4 billion rounds of ammo in black and white with a goverment purchase order from a government website "tin foil"???

This is an order of magnitude greater YOY in their annual ammo purchases; anyone with a functioning mind should at least raise an eyebrow, after all it's our money they're spending...

Because it isn't a contract. Nor is it for 1.4 billion rounds. It's a solicitation. That is asking "who wants to bid on this?"

It is significant that the solicitation was issued in April 2012 and no award has been made, if fact they are still issuing amendments. That should tell you how serious they are about it.

Secondly, the amount of ammo in question, (70 m rds) is a maximum over five one year periods. There is no guarentee that the government will order any more than 1000rds per year, or that the contract will be extended beyond the one year base period.

I don't find it very peculiar at all. Probably every federal LEO in the country goes through one of the FLETC facilities for training at one time or another.

This is the same deal as the DHS solicitation a few months back.

“The Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC), Glynco, Georgia anticipates awarding multiple award indefinite delivery and indefinite quantity (IDIQ) firm fixed price (FFP) contracts for commercial leaded training ammunition (CLTA) of various calibers for law enforcement officer firearms training courses at the following FLETC facilities Glynco, GA, Artesia, NM, Cheltenham, MD and Charleston, SC and to other Department of Homeland Security (DHS) agencies. The Government guarantees a minimum of 1,000 rounds per year on each resultant contract. Contracts will be for a base year and four (4) 12 month option periods,” states the synopsis.

guitar-nut
08-14-2012, 10:20 PM
Because it isn't a contract. Nor is it for 1.4 billion rounds. It's a solicitation. That is asking "who wants to bid on this?"

It is significant that the solicitation was issued in April 2012 and no award has been made, if fact they are still issuing amendments. That should tell you how serious they are about it.

Secondly, the amount of ammo in question, (70 m rds) is a maximum over five one year periods. There is no guarentee that the government will order any more than 1000rds per year, or that the contract will be extended beyond the one year base period.

I don't find it very peculiar at all. Probably every federal LEO in the country goes through one of the FLETC facilities for training at one time or another.

This is the same deal as the DHS solicitation a few months back.

No! Not logic and reasoning :TFH:

keenkeen
08-14-2012, 10:58 PM

Wow...you seem to have a lot of good info. How about posting links to what their annual ammo purchases have been for the last 5 years?

I am sure it will help make your point...

FalconLair
08-15-2012, 2:25 AM
I hope they're not ordering them from Jack Ross :)

CDFingers
08-15-2012, 5:12 AM
Surplus ammo bonanza in twenty years!

CDFingers