PDA

View Full Version : 2A Textin'

CBlacksheep
08-13-2012, 1:43 PM
I had a rather entertaining conversation about the consequences of SB 249 earlier today, and just to bring my fury to its absolute apex, I thought I'd have a chat with an acquaintance of mine from school. He's a staffer for a State Senator. We'll call him Barnabus.

DasBoost, I hope you'll be reading this.

Barnabus: What's new?

C: Convince your boss to vote againt SB 249. I really don't want the hard earned money of myself and my friends to be confiscated.

Barnabus: I actually talked some with her about it this weekend. She will most likely be voting for it.

But if you are concerned call your state senator and assembly member and voice your opinion.

C: Of course, lol.

Sent letters to each.

Barnabus: Haha. I didn't expect anything less. We have had all our gun nuts calling.

C: Its not so much gun nuts. You know the bullet button is completely legal and actually was supported by the state atty gen right?

Barnabus: I think that is the best way to get through. Because letters can and frequently do get lost.

C: They were faxed

Barnaby: I think we should promote the use of non-lethal weapons. I also think that lethal weapons should have greater and greater control and regulation.

C: But it means more money spent by the taxpayer and the state. Money's that not there.

Regulation and registration doesn't keep violent crime from happening. The Canadians have been considering scrapping registration regs because it's done nothing to prevent armed crime.

Barnabus: Every situation is different. All I do know is that with three major shooting events in the last few weeks we need something to further regulate them.

And today's happened in Texas in one of the most gun friendly states in the country.

Arguments in favor of deregulating guns are proving to be less and less valid.

C: People die every year in car accidents, from medical malpractice, and from bad eating habits. Do we blame the DMV or the car? The scalpel? The spoon?

Restricting access to firearms doesn't prevent those who want to use them for destructive purposes from getting them.

Plus most of the weapons that the anti-gun lobby would like to restrict represent a small percentage of those used in criminal activity.

Barnabus: Yes we actually do. We sue McDonalds for making people fat. CalTrans has to pay for stupid drivers which gets passed down to you in the form of vehicle reg fees and there have been cases that have been tried and won blaming defective medical devices.

There is no need to carry around massive amounts of ammunition or have the ability to fire off 100s of rounds in a matter of seconds.

C: That's not malpractice, and you and I both know suing McDonalds for having a good business model is stupid

10-30 rounds is not massive, and access to automatic weapons is highly restricted.

Yet curiously, gangs still manage to get their hands on these weapons. Amazing.

So, instead of combating the issue of illegal arms trade, let's go after the law abiding citizen!

Barnabus: I just think that they are unnecessary, so regulate the crap out of them. And if the state can make money from it then why not.

At this point, I wanted to break something.

C: What about people who would become criminals as a result? Fine them? Send them to prison?

The state would make money at first, sure. But business would shut down and move. People would lose employment. Companies quit producing or operating in this state.

More innocent people, by the way, are killed by police in accidental cases annually than those who legally own weapons.

Barnabus: Yes chicken little...

And the sky will fall as well.

It became obvious at this point that he had absolutely no point to stand on, thus resulting in throwing petty insults my way. Saul Alinsky would be proud.

C: Lol, so you're completely dismissing the notion that this will run more business out of CA?

Barnabus: Hence is also the reason I believe that cops should not have lethal weapons. Taser guns can achieve the same effect (immobilizing the offender) without taking a life.

At this point, I told him he was being unrealistic and expressed my best wishes for his day. I'm glad our tax dollars pay for him to be stupid on a professional level.

DasBoost
08-13-2012, 1:49 PM
I'm pissed... :mad::mad: Well, I honestly shouldn't have expected much from a staffer for Noreen Evans, both she and her staff are beyond ignorant and logic is nonexistent, very evident when speaking with them... :rolleyes: Ignorance must be bliss...

Also, Barnabus is hilarious in that he preaches economic and social equality, while having college and everything else paid for by his "stupid and ignorant Republican" (his words) parents who built their multi-million dollar business from the ground up. As someone that has never worked a day in his life, I think it is hilarious how he's so eager to throw everyone else's money around...

Arisaka
08-13-2012, 2:42 PM
GRRRRRR.... DoucheBags are among us. Everywhere. Makes you wanna slap a fool.

ouch1
08-13-2012, 2:51 PM
Barnabus: Hence is also the reason I believe that cops should not have lethal weapons. Taser guns can achieve the same effect (immobilizing the offender) without taking a life.

Sounds like Barnabus comes from a silver spoon background, and had everything he ever wanted given to him.

He should try spouting that line to my BIL. He is San Jose PD, and has tazed more than a few people. He says that it works about 50% of the time, and that is because both probes don't always hit the target or actually get through clothing. Plus for some weird reason sometimes it just does not effect someone (less than 5% of the time) even though everything looks good. He would rather have his asp and his 1911 than a tazer. He says that if the asp does not drop them then a .45ACP is authorized if he feels he or his fellow officers are in danger.

-ouch1

DasBoost
08-13-2012, 2:56 PM
GRRRRRR.... DoucheBags are among us. Everywhere. Makes you wanna slap a fool.

He's a smarmy little ginger that thinks as long as he's doing the controlling, everything is fine, but the second his life is inconvenienced he turns into a Constitution-lover... He's a piece of s***, plain and simple; he is the next generation of the current scum that is ruining this state.

CBlacksheep
08-13-2012, 3:02 PM
Sounds like Barnabus comes from a silver spoon background, and had everything he ever wanted given to him.

Oh, completely. His father is a successful cherry farmer and biologist. He had all six years of his undergrad paid for, which he's yet to complete. On top of it all, he has made proud admissions of his reasons for being politically liberal being almost entirely motivated by 'rebellion against his parents', who have given him absolutely everything.

DasBoost
08-13-2012, 4:00 PM
Blacksheep,

Let's not forget his "No one needs guns, that's why we have police and I will just lock my door to keep the burglar away from me" line, even after being in Vallejo with us. It's like he's a troll, but he's really just a moron.

Arisaka
08-13-2012, 5:23 PM
I'm sorry that OP is aquainted with this Delta Bravo.

Nyanman
08-13-2012, 5:50 PM
OP wins the worst anti discussion. All I had was someone say that all gun owners are mentally unstable because they own guns and they need to take their meds so they don't go on a shoot I g spree.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Cali-Shooter
08-13-2012, 5:56 PM
An acquaintance? Wait til the zombies gobble him up... He'd make a delicious sheeple dinner for the post/during-WROL predators.

DasBoost
08-13-2012, 5:58 PM
OP wins the worst anti discussion. All I had was someone say that all gun owners are mentally unstable because they own guns and they need to take their meds so they don't go on a shoot I g spree.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

He and I have 4 years of stories. :D:rolleyes: It's pretty funny to hear what he says and how he will even openly contradict himself and sees nothing wrong with it. As such, he is a perfect fit for the Evans office, unfortunately shes my State Senator. :(

Californio
08-14-2012, 9:56 AM
The BORG, resistance is Futile.