PDA

View Full Version : ria tactical with rail

ummmmmm456
08-13-2012, 2:09 AM
i was wondering is the rail really worth the extra money and having to go through sse? are there any other extra's like sights or parts that the other models don't have.

in short, should i just get a regular tactical model or the tactical with rail? thanks in advance.

Dont_Shoot_im_Chinese
08-13-2012, 3:03 AM
Depends if you actually plan yo use that rail. This may just be a personal opinion but most railed handguns don't look right to me

ummmmmm456
08-13-2012, 7:06 AM
only reason i was wondering about the railed version, i was wondering if it shoots better than the other versions cause its one of the newer models.

Akers
08-13-2012, 7:16 AM
May have gotten better, but I've heard the rail is slightly oversized and when fitting a flashlight to it usually yield more effort than intended.

ummmmmm456
08-13-2012, 7:18 AM
yeah..... you guys might be right.... i'll look down the line later at one with a rail. i might just end up getting a normal tactical model.

ShootinXs
08-13-2012, 7:58 AM
Unless you have the need for the rail I would go with the regular Tac. I like the looks of the railed version but I cant help but think it will be slightly heavier and shootability is gonna be the same in the 5 in. Good luck and have fun with your new Rock .

skyscraper
08-13-2012, 8:12 AM
Rails dont make guns shoot better. They allow for the mounting of lights and lasers....and they also lesson the recoil due to the weight.

ummmmmm456
08-13-2012, 8:17 AM
thanks guys. i wasn't going to use the rail really for a light, i was going to buy a rail mount attachment to collect brass. shooting 45 is going to be expensive if i use factory loads. was planning on saving up all my ammo after shooting.

Synergy
08-13-2012, 8:17 AM
Rails dont make guns shoot better. They allow for the mounting of lights and lasers....and they also lesson the recoil due to the weight.

I was told "tactical" makes everything shoot better! :p

ummmmmm456
08-13-2012, 8:28 AM
not that the rail itself is going to make me shoot better. i just heard that the ria's with the rails are newer models, and i heard that they are made a little better than the older models. i was wondering if the one with a rail comes with better sights so i can get more bang for my buck. nothing about being tactical making me shoot better. also, with a rail i wanted to buy that brass collector so i can start reloading 45.

basically, i was wondering if anyone had any experience with the railed version and if it does indeed shoot better or have better out of the box stuff with it.

KandyRedCoi
08-13-2012, 9:13 AM
if you want a railed version, get the railed version RIA's are good to go which ever route you pick