PDA

View Full Version : roadtrip to washington state. any suggestions?

badduggy
08-12-2012, 10:20 AM
in the next couple of weeks, ill be taking a roadtrip from cali to washington state (olympia area). are there any great gun/ knife/ outdoorshops on the way? any real good places to buy reloading components, ammo, mags, optics, knives, at competitive prices? pm me the info if you want to keep your favorite spots under the radar;)

jimsu
08-12-2012, 1:55 PM
There is a cabelas in Lacey, just north of Olympia on I-5. They have almost everything you could need.

Give yourself a couple of hours to wander around. When you get hungry, there is a restaurant on the second floor. The elk brats are good.

jimsu
08-12-2012, 2:06 PM
There is also a cabelas in Springfield Oregon. They don't charge sales tax!

badduggy
08-12-2012, 2:29 PM
Thx keepem comin

CamW
08-12-2012, 2:43 PM
If you're into web gear, there's Tactical Tailor in Lakewood, just south of Tacoma.Great quality American made gear, big retail store.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/

Dingotech
08-12-2012, 3:32 PM
If yer going through Portland, check out the websites of the various knife makers in that area. I remember going to a Gerber parking lot sale and heard that some of the others host these as well. Maybe they have outlets that sell at discounted prices. Danner Boots has an outlet store that's not bad, look them up if you're into that kind of kinky stuff. They're in NE Portland...somewhere.

Batman
08-13-2012, 9:13 PM
http://wesknodelgunshows.com/pages/EXPO.html

September 8th & 9th, Rose City Gun Show in Portland

Remus
08-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Sportco is a larger version of sportsmens wharehouse (Tacoma/Fife). Recommended only because it is in the I-5 Corridor and about 20 miles from Olympia. Maybe hit up gunbroker auctions with Washington State as the ID for smaller sized shops in the Olympia area? I have never noticed a significant change in pricing for quality new goods from major outlets between Ca and Wa. Certainly though the used firearm market the pricing is far better in WA than the Bay Area.

fremont lapua
08-13-2012, 11:48 PM
I love this thread I will be going to northern Oregon in a few weeks for a few days but am going to be driving to Canada and Washington state as well. Just going to go to the different Cabelas and also see the area.

robertstone9
08-14-2012, 2:31 PM
http://thebaronsden.com/ located at 86321 College View Rd in Eugene, OR. Look for the BIG American flag and you can't miss it.

right off the I5 and you can rent FULL AUTO must do if you have never shot full auto

ouch1
08-14-2012, 3:05 PM
If yer going through Portland, check out the websites of the various knife makers in that area. I remember going to a Gerber parking lot sale and heard that some of the others host these as well. Maybe they have outlets that sell at discounted prices.

Gerber is located at 14200 SW 72nd Avenue Portland, OR (really in Tigard, Or but the lines are blurry there)
CRKT is located at 18348 SW 126th Place Tualatin, OR (about 5 miles WSW of Gerber)
Benchmade is located at 300 Beavercreek Rd. Oregon City, OR (about 17.5 miles East of Gerber off I-205)

There is also a Columbia Sportswear outlet in Lake Oswego, OR

Leupold & Stevens (a.k.a. Leupold scopes) is located at 14400 NW Greenbrier Parkway Beaverton, OR (12 miles North of Gerber off of Highway 26)

Also check out Aloha Surplus in Aloha, OR. 7 years ago I was buying 7.62Nato ammo from them for $50 for 200Rnds.

-ouch1

mkane
08-14-2012, 4:28 PM
Gerbers are Made in China. Theres an indoor range on the North end of town in Eureka.

fremont lapua
08-15-2012, 12:56 PM
I will definitely go to the barons den to rent the full auto, never shot full auto will they teach you. Also does leupold offer factory tours and do they seel scopes there for a lesser price then online. More interested in touring leupold.

ouch1
08-15-2012, 1:30 PM
For Leupold I say give them a call to see if they do a factory tour. Here is the number: 1-800-LEUPOLD

-ouch1

fremont lapua
08-15-2012, 2:30 PM
Ian calling them now, will post what I find out, thanks.

Bangzoom
08-15-2012, 2:32 PM
maybe Cabellas will be near your route?

ouch1
08-15-2012, 2:46 PM
Gerbers are Made in China.

Funny you say that... I used to work as a field tech for the company that supported the computers they use at Gerber. And have been there many times. And watched many knives being made there. The only ones they make in China are the really cheap ones that I would never buy.

-ouch1

fremont lapua
08-15-2012, 2:53 PM
Just got off the phone with Leupold and they no longer offer tours, because too many of the products they now make there are for military. They also do not sell their products and do not have a gift shop. Had to wait 20 minutes to get that answer if you want to call, just FYI.

badduggy
08-15-2012, 3:53 PM
Stopped at the cabelas in Springfield Oregon. The bass pro in Ontario is better

chrisf
08-15-2012, 4:14 PM
Its a nice drive. Enjoy!! Im planning to get back up to the seattle area to visit the in-laws sometime this year.

robertstone9
08-16-2012, 1:46 PM
I will definitely go to the barons den to rent the full auto, never shot full auto will they teach you. Also does leupold offer factory tours and do they seel scopes there for a lesser price then online. More interested in touring leupold.

more of a supervised shoot they wont let you take off on your own with the full autos very laid back fun guys to bs with and lots of other guns to look @ fondle and yes the will show & tell everything you need to know

fremont lapua
08-16-2012, 10:41 PM
The video on their website of the tommy gun is great to watch. After doing some rapit fire just for fun at BLM land today I noticed that with super rapid fire it is mostly spray and pray. If I slow down to a fast pace though I can keep a pretty tight group.

badduggy
08-16-2012, 11:27 PM
stopped by tactical tailor today. it is an outstanding store! if you like web gear and all american made molle, do your self a favor and visit if youre in the area.

10mm
08-17-2012, 1:48 AM
It's a long *** drive. Good luck! Although it's nice to see other areas of our great country.

badduggy
08-17-2012, 5:35 PM
I was able to return to Lakewood wa where the tactical tailor store is located. Behind them Is a gunshop called surplus ammo and arms. Their great selection of guns and ammo brought a tear to my eyes. Up the street a short distance is a quantico tactical. You can check their website and see the items in their shop. These three have been the best of the shops so far.

update, checked the walmart in tumwater, about 30 miles south of olympia. needless to say, fully stocked ammo cabinet:rolleyes:
Shelton Walmart has a stocked rifle case. They have a colt at for about $1100.