PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento gun shops

1badman
08-12-2012, 9:21 AM
Going to Sacramento. Any good shops with good prices. Or deals in the area. Or even good shop to check out.

boamedt
08-12-2012, 9:30 AM
Sac black rifle

rromeo
08-12-2012, 9:32 AM
River City Gun Exchange is my favorite. They probably have the most diverse selection, including C&Rs.

keenkeen
08-12-2012, 10:22 AM
River City Gun Exchange is my favorite. They probably have the most diverse selection, including C&Rs.

This...Nice people, good inventory and service IMO.

If you are into beer handles and 80s neon as well as guns you should checkout Wild Bills also.

Felix168
08-12-2012, 10:34 AM
Up in Sacramento, my favorite shop is River City. Go in, if possible, on Wednesday and/or Thursday between 1p.m. and 3p.m. if you need a lot of attention. Some of the guys there might have some dry personalities, but they will answer your questions and provide suggestions and pros/cons analysis.

I have bought 3 pistols from them, and have gone in numerous of times to get educated on long guns that I plan on purchasing in the future. I'd just tell them upfront that I wasn't ready to purchase on that particular day but would like to ask questions about a certain firearms and they didn't seem to mind to help out. Just don't go waste their time when you see that they're busy. Great shop.

Pricing on firearms is average and in most way competitive. Don't bother to negotiate because it's not going to happen (at least for me).

roushstage2
08-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Never been to RCGE, but I've heard plenty of good things about them. I always go to Sac Black Rifle and Sportsmans Warehouse. I've recently started going to TDS Guns as well and they are GTG in my opinion.

Synergy
08-12-2012, 12:43 PM
There are a few new stores I have not checked out. Shooters Warehouse in Antelope off I-80/Antelope Rd and I saw a sign for a store in Penryn of Penryn Rd and I-80

Anyone been there yet?

I always like Sportsmans, SBR, TDS recently has had poor stock.

roushstage2
08-12-2012, 1:17 PM
I haven't been to Shooters Warehouse, but I know several people who love the place.

terdog
08-12-2012, 2:39 PM
Im a fan of Cordova Shooting Center. They also have an outdoor shooting and Skeet range. The best prices on Glocks too.

Synergy
08-12-2012, 2:49 PM
Im a fan of Cordova Shooting Center. They also have an outdoor shooting and Skeet range. The best prices on Glocks too.

The best price on Glock is Blue Label! :p

No Good
08-12-2012, 2:59 PM
Shooters Warehouse has got some good prices! One of the best places for reload info and supplies! The owner is a really nice guy! ( can't recall his name) Picked up a eotech 512 ( they had it the cheapest in town), and a bunch of magpul stuff! Great hole in the wall shop!

chrometip78
08-12-2012, 3:43 PM
Another for RCGE, I get my loading supplies from Shooter's Warehouse.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

tiechshlime
08-12-2012, 3:44 PM
Lincoln gun exchange

JDeere
08-12-2012, 7:29 PM
I am a big fan of River City. Definitely do not like Rancho Cardova Guns and their attitude. Wild Bills is a fun store. Always new used inventory to look at and prices don't scare you half to death. My two favorite stores of all time are out of business. Gun Country in Modesto and Kim's gunshop in Salinas were those type of stores that always had old, hard to find, vintage collectable Winchester, Colts, Lugers, Remingtons Hepburns, Sharps, Savage, on and on. Gary and Kim were walking books of knowledge on vintage firearms. I surely miss those guys and their stores and most of all the rare firearms they seemed to find and offer for sale at such reasonable prices. Oh, the good old days.

cdtx2001
08-12-2012, 7:30 PM
Head to Roseville and check out Discount Shooter's Supply.

XVIga_Rob
08-12-2012, 7:39 PM
A good place for supplies would also be Discount Shooters Supply in Roseville (just off I80 & Riverside).

If you're interested in used guns. I'd highly recommend Discount Shooters Supply and J&G Gunsmith. J&G is located on Barton Rd. in Granite Bay.

Newshooter
08-12-2012, 7:40 PM
Check out Wild Sports. Best pricing around. A lot of people have issues with them but their customer service has gotten much better in recent years.

MrExel17
08-12-2012, 7:56 PM
+1 for River City Guns!

YORCHI117
08-12-2012, 11:03 PM
I'm a big fan of Shooter's Warehouse. It's where I got my first handgun, my Glock 19. They were very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. I've gone back a few times now to pick up more range ammo and some useful things to get started with. They have a store off of Antelope on the 80 that's next to a clothing store that my wife loves so while she's out there spending my money I spend the time at SW looking at everything.

They have a huge selection of guns and it's where I'm going to buy my AR from once I get the cash ready. They've also just opened a bigger store off of Bradshaw on the 50. One of the managers there, Dylan, is a Marine Corps vet who served with a buddy of mine and deployed to Iraq. He's a stand up guy and will give you a great deal. I'm a big fan of supporting local shops and I have no problems giving them my business.

rromeo
08-13-2012, 4:47 PM
Definitely do not like Rancho Cardova Guns and their attitude.
I think that was the place where I got into an argument about AWs and featureless guns, and the guy was using the flow chart and Sac PD memo to tell me there was no way to have an AR with a standard mag release.

big red
08-13-2012, 7:01 PM
I use City Arms as an excuse to visit the coast. I have a definite dislike for certain shops in Sacramento that show obvious favoritism towards certain groups so enough said. It is one thing to do it in the back room but not where anyone with an IQ over 70 can see it. Everyone might tell you this is the greatest shop in Sacramento but if they do not know you and suspect they might not see you again then why deal with you? Your just another sucker to be taken because they don't expect to see you again. Check out the stores and make up your own mind.

hammerhands32
08-14-2012, 8:09 AM
Check out Wild Sports. Best pricing around. A lot of people have issues with them but their customer service has gotten much better in recent years.

Lol, I saw some of the old crew over at Sac Black Rifle (but SBR had better customer service). Wild sports has gotten better recently. I just go in looking for Gary.

Ryououki
08-15-2012, 11:38 AM
Well, it's already been said several times, but I wanted throw in my +1 for River City Gun Exchange. Seriously great staff, customer services, and really good prices.

Wild Bills is another good place. A huge selection of guns! The prices are not the greatest, but they are still reasonable. The owner was really nice and we BSed about guns for a good 30 minutes. Ammo prices were really good here also.

I visited Sacramento Black Rifle and while the store was nice, the customer service was fairly weak. Pricing was good on some and way too high on others.

Don't waste your time with The Gun Room's retail side. Weak selection and horribly overpriced. The indoor range is decent though.

johnny_boy02
08-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Lincoln gun exchange

This. The owner is a super nice guy.

tbhracing
08-15-2012, 11:16 PM
River City Guns as the owner is a Cal Gunner here. Their staff is very nice and friendly except "that one guy" we all know about.

If you go on Friday's, ask for Wayne.