PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Identifying my old Winchester..Winchester collectors please help....

stillwater562
08-11-2012, 10:56 PM
I just got this old Winchester and I can't find out anything about it, so what better place to ask then here. I need to know what model it is, its marked 22l & its missing the hammer and flash pan so I need to find replacements. It looks alot like the highwalls but its alot smaller than any I have seen, the woods in pretty good condition, the end of the barrel has a little surface rust but treatable, and also what would be the estimate value on something like this in this condition? and is it worth trying to find the parts? the last patent date was DEC 6, 1892. Please Help, any info is greatly appreciated -thanks Stillwater562

GMG
08-12-2012, 12:17 PM
Trapp55 can probably help you out !

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=410211&highlight=winchester+questions

TRAP55
08-12-2012, 2:48 PM
stillwater, PM sent.
The only thing I can see that is Winchester on that is the barrel, maybe the buttstock.
Re-read your post after I PM'ed, and now I see where it looks like someone tried to make a muzzle loader .22?:confused:

stillwater562
08-12-2012, 4:16 PM
it sure seems like its all put together by winchester, somebody did a great job if its not original, does anybody at least recognize the reciever if its not a winchester?