PDA

View Full Version : Draco and SB249?

ZachT951
08-11-2012, 9:12 PM
So I was just thinking about this and how it would affect all the ak pistols that are mag locked, so pretty much this law would make draco's illegal then right? seeing how the law would make maglocked weapons illegal. So basically if you got a draco and this law pass's these guns will have to be shipped out of state, seeing how also they are registered as handguns and have maglocks on them. Am i correct here? I totally forgot about the draco's cant be featureless, and i just read the current version of the law and it states

" For the purposes of this section, “detachable magazine” means any ammunition feeding device that can be readily removed from the firearm without disassembly of the firearm action. “Detachable magazine” includes a magazine that may be detached from the firearm by merely depressing a button on the firearm either with the finger or by use of a tool or a bullet".

Im assuming that all AR pistols would be affected by this as well. Would another option be to turn the dracos in an ak rifle? I read somewhere that you can turn a pistol into a rifle as long as it meets all the criteria such as barrel length, overall length etc...

mossy
08-11-2012, 9:17 PM
they don't have a featureless form in CA so i think they would have to be sold,shipped out of state or surrendered . if (and that's a big if) the law passes i will be interested in seeing what people do with S12's and AR/AK pistols.

CSACANNONEER
08-11-2012, 9:31 PM
A new way to fix the mag is all that's needed. Or, one could easily make it a straight pull bolt action and have no mag lock what so ever.

ZachT951
08-12-2012, 11:21 AM
so pretty much anyone who has a draco/ar pistol is screwed unless they ship it out of state, im pretty sure no one in this state would surrender their ak/ar pistol. The thing that sucks is that they are registered to so they know who has them. Only ar pistol i could think that would be legal would be the bushmaster carbon because thats the only top loading AR that i can think of off the top of my head, ill bet if this law pass's a whole lot of companies will start making their own copy of that rifle into a pistol config

REDdawn6
08-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Nothing has happened yet! If it passes it will have an injunction ( temp hold ) and be fought in court .

ZachT951
08-12-2012, 12:32 PM
^ i know im just talking about the worse case scenario, this is CA after all, you never know what will pass

Sniper3142
08-12-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm not shipping my AR Pistol out of state or disassembling it.

Nor will I be welding or expoxying it.

They want it, they can come and try to take it.

bohoki
08-12-2012, 12:57 PM
i got an ide actually from way back in the days of the fab-10

say you have a fab 10 and you take out the magazine (which is the lips sleeve follower and spring and drop in a 5 round mag that had a spring on the bottom to make up for the difference

if the law changes will simply pushing the pin on the back swinging the upper open meet the definition of disassembling the action

if so no more tool needed for removing the magazine pull the pin swing it up the mag will pop up and you can remove it

maybe they will even make a lower that has a deeper blind well

or make some type of outer clamp on housing (i shall call it the maghouser) with a hole in the bottom to give it a little boost with a finger or even work out a little lever like the old snes consoles that popped out the game

G lock
08-12-2012, 1:21 PM
hmm, screwed, you just gave me an idea, I wonder if a simple screw could be somehow made to affix the mag permanently. They cant ban screws right? or screwdrivers. It might be easier for ARs though than AKs due to the mag release design

so pretty much anyone who has a draco/ar pistol is screwed unless they ship it out of state

ZX-10R
08-12-2012, 1:50 PM
Keep voting democratic CA...You reap what you sow.

My guns will go to WA or OR.

zfields
08-12-2012, 1:51 PM
Keep voting democratic CA...You reap what you sow.

My guns will go to WA or OR.

Ill hold on to em for you ZX :)

Sent from my fingers, to your face.

ZachT951
08-12-2012, 7:48 PM
what if for the AR pistol a company just extends the mag well internally like a mauser but make them in vary size? 308, 6.8, 7.62x39, 5.45. 6.5 etc. still thinking about how it would work for a draco or other ak pistol though. any thought any one?

89 Vision
08-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Dang....I just get this strange feeling I'm going to have a boating accident soon.

JTROKS
08-13-2012, 12:56 AM
"This bill would define "detachable magazine" for this purpose to
mean any ammunition feeding device that can be removed from the
firearm without disassembly of the firearm action, and to include a
magazine that may be detached from the firearm by depressing a button
on the firearm either with the finger or by use of a tool or a
bullet."

This is very vague. We still don't know what they mean by disassembly of firearm action for removal of magazine. If we have bright ideas how to circumvent this and start posting it here they might find out and lead to another amendment. I have a feeling they are watching these forums. Loose lips sink ships,

ZachT951
08-13-2012, 8:45 AM
^ so very true, I guess we should stick to PM's then haha, but like i said this CA so always expect the worse here with anti gun laws. The bushmaster carbon im guessing would be legal in the config its bought in seeing how you have to pop the rear pin to load it so that would be disassembling the action of the firearm, just my .02's