PDA

View Full Version : Non-Magnetic 30-06 M2 Ball - Yugo Surplus

courteousgavin
06-13-2007, 7:25 PM
I've got some Yugoslavian surplus M2 Ball ammo for sale. I'd feel guilty shooting it since it seems wastefull to shoot non-magnetic ammo around here when the guys in SoCal really need it. :p

The headstamp reads...

NK (with a backwards N) at 12 oclock
1957 at 6 oclock

So this was made by Igman in 1957

- Brass cased
- Boxer primed (yep!)
- Copper Jacket (non-magnetic)
- Lead core (non-magnetic)
- Sealant around case neck and primer (military style)
- Loaded to M2 specs

It is packed 22 rounds per cardboard box

This ammo got good reviews when it was on the market a few years ago. Everybody reported it to be non-corrosive, which seems strange for 1957 surplus, so you might want to research that for yourself. I have 440 rounds total.

10 boxes (220 rounds) $70 plus $14 shipping
all 20 boxes (440 rounds) $140 plus $19 shipping

ALL SOLD!

Will be shipped UPS ground service with Adult Signature Required (so make sure you have it shipped to an address where somebody can sign for it).

US Postal Money Orders only

Thanks for looking.

FluorideInMyWater
06-13-2007, 11:35 PM
eh? so tell us

courteousgavin
06-14-2007, 12:40 AM
eh? so tell us

When AIM Surplus was selling it seven years ago they said it was non-corrosive. Everybody who posted about it on the various gun forums at the time said they found it to be non-corrosive. There is a guy who runs a web site that reviews all kinds of surplus 30-06 and he says that it is non-corrosive. Here's a link to that site, just scroll down to "Yugoslavian".

http://www.100megsfree4.com/airground/ammo/ammo.htm

But I don't have any way to test it to check for sure. There were two batches of 1950's Yugo surplus 30-06 that came it at the same time back then. One batch was from 1956 and had berdan primers while the other batch was from 1957 and had boxer primers. Everybody reported the 1956 to be corrosive and the 1957 to be non-corrosive. All of the stuff I am selling is marked 1957 and has boxer primers.

courteousgavin
06-15-2007, 10:13 PM
Bump, and here are a couple of pics of the ammo

http://home.earthlink.net/~courteousgavin/images/1957YugoM2-1.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~courteousgavin/images/1957YugoM2-2.jpg

savasyn
05-04-2008, 1:19 AM
I'll take all of it!
I'll PM you

cosorio
05-04-2008, 6:23 AM
The last time I went to the Ventura gun show, I was looking for some mil-surp .30-06 ammo. I came across a guy selling these exact same ammo and he did confirm that it was non-magnetic BUT he did say that he was positive that it is corrosive. The reason I remember is that I write down any and all info I gather about mil-surps so that I am well informed next time I come across some ammo in the future either in gun shows or at the net like here on Calguns. Just passing along what I learned in the past. I purchased a few boxes from him and they shoot great, just have to clean your rifle each and every time and immediately after using these.