PDA

View Full Version : Rocojosa shot his first 22RF silhouette rifle match today

6mmintl
08-11-2012, 2:30 PM
Brought Rocojosa to his first 22RF silhouette rifle match today after mounting a loaner 18X scope on his CZ 22. He was optomistic as this was his first 22 match after having shot two centerfire silhouette rifle matches very well.

After sight in with govnt surplus Winchester T22 ammo he was placed into an "Unclassified shooter" class.

First bank for him was Pigs at 60 meters (three 5 shot strings of 2.5 min each) and he scored 7 out of 15, he was elated.

Next was Turkeys (toughest target) at 77 meters (three 5 shot strings of 2.5 min each) and he shot 6 out of 15, he was now estactic.

Feelling confident (on fire?) he headed into Rams at 100 meters (three 5 shot strings of 2.5 min each), the wind picked up and was a bit erractic and then the wheels fell off the cart for a 1 out of 15.

Final event was Chickens at 40 meters (little ones, three 5 shot strings of 2.5 min each) and disaster struck again, throughly shaken/tired/and emotionally/physically drained he shot 2 out of 15 to finish up 16 out of 60.

Match director ended up combining "Unclassifed and B class" and his score was good enough for a second place "B" class win.

The last I saw of him he was riding off into the sunset with a bottle of Sparkling Apple Cider talking about cutting?/washing? it down with vodka.

One Happy Cowboy.

kendog4570
08-11-2012, 2:53 PM
Well now....
The honeymoon is OVER for that sandbagger! ;)

pennys dad
08-11-2012, 3:49 PM
Sounds like a blast! I gotta find one of these matches

rojocorsa
08-11-2012, 8:50 PM
Nah, I screwed the pooch with the chickens and hit two rams.

At least now I know how to use a scope; I've been roughing it with iron sights for the past two years since I picked up a weapon.

Next time, I'll know to "zoom out" to avoid too much wobble on the closer chickens.

Thanks again 6mmintl.

phish
08-11-2012, 9:29 PM
was this at USI in Concord? Another thread here caught my interest. I started looking at CZ 455s, but my high maintenance sensibilities has me looking at the Sako Quad, lol.

looks like a fun thing to try

rojocorsa
08-11-2012, 9:45 PM
Sunnyvale.

Tons of fun.

CZs are good to go.