PDA

View Full Version : Just started wait for stripped lower.. NEED HELP!

deadlift350
08-11-2012, 2:24 PM
Had heart set on spikes tatical, spider, all black no color-fill..... they had spikes tatical but the selector was color filled... got the S&W lower instead just to secure that i get a lower. the s&w is cool and i had originally had wanted an M&P complete when i first looked into AR, but now that i'm building its not what I wanted.

i'm over thinking this for sure, but this is my first and probably only ar build so i want it exactly how i want it. I know that the stripped lowers are pretty much all from only 3-4 different manufacturers.

what are my options if I come across the stripped lower I wanted? Can I sell the unused stripped lower to a shop?

or stop being a ***** and use the S&W?

Chaos47
08-11-2012, 2:45 PM
The lower is a firearm.
If you decide to swap out the lower for a differnt one at a later time, then yes you could sell it to a shop that sells used guns, or post it in the WTS section and sell it PPT to someone.

deadlift350
08-11-2012, 2:54 PM
do they give u a fair shake when buying a gun?

Chaos47
08-11-2012, 3:02 PM
Depends on the shop. Selling it PPT will probably be more profitable

deadlift350
08-11-2012, 3:04 PM
ok cool... what is your opinion on the matter? would you stick with what you bought?

Chaos47
08-11-2012, 3:16 PM
It doesn't matter what I think, it's what you want.
But.. personally I have the lower that I wanted the most and I would never get a S&W M&P (yes, I'm a hater lol)

SwPx4
08-11-2012, 3:45 PM
Why are you dual posting?

Also, just buy another lower when you find it.

2nab
08-11-2012, 4:04 PM
Smith M&P 15 is a good lower and you will not get any performance gain, improved tolerances, etc. out of the Spikes, or any other forged lower in that price range. You would be swapping lowers for name brand preference or appearance only. You will likely lose some money on the deal by selling your lower.

If you really want to build on a different lower than wrap up your M&P lower and stash it in the safe, you may change your mind years down the road and be glad you have it. In the meantime go buy the lower you want.

Chaos47
08-11-2012, 4:07 PM
Selling it or cancelling the dros will probably be a bigger loss then it is worth when you add DROS cost to it. Just keep it and get the lower you really want when you find one

Akers
08-11-2012, 4:13 PM
A lower is a lower, but YOU have to live with the logo on it.

If you don't like the S&W someone else, probably on the WTS section will and you should have no problem getting your money out of it.

IMHO, i'd keep it, build on it and then when you find a spikes, get it and build another. I love all my children the same. I was dead set on a Noveske when I started..never got one, but love my PSA like there is no other.

frankm
08-11-2012, 6:35 PM
Had heart set on spikes tatical, spider, all black no color-fill..... they had spikes tatical but the selector was color filled...
what are my options if I come across the stripped lower I wanted? Can I sell the unused stripped lower to a shop?
or stop being a ***** and use the S&W?

I was just at Parallax Tactical. Looked like they had one on the shelf. Give them a call and have the guy look in the lowers counter and see if it's still there.

SocomM4
08-11-2012, 7:02 PM
I read S&W was making the lowers in house now.

Anyway yeah, just put the better one in the safe and get
the spikes. They are only like 100 bucks man.

Bartin
08-11-2012, 7:07 PM
just keep it. A lower is a lower is a lower

biglou
08-11-2012, 7:14 PM
Get the one you want and build it. Save the first one, because when you get the bit by the bug you will want to build another one :thumbsup:

Arkangel
08-11-2012, 9:44 PM
I agree with the rest, stash the S&W for later and get the Spike's lower you want.

Agent 0range
08-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Sure a lower is a lower, but I do love my Spikes!

Ron-Solo
08-11-2012, 11:57 PM
IMO, S&W > Spikes, but there is nothing wrong with Spikes. They are good. You need one of each anyway, why do you need us.

There is no cure for Black Rifle Disease.

:D

morfeeis
08-12-2012, 2:44 AM
Find the lower you want and buy that one. In the end it wont matter what lower you get so get the one that makes you happy.