PDA

View Full Version : Official Perris BLM Land Clean-Up Site // New date SEPT 19, 8AM

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Eat Dirt
08-11-2012, 1:44 PM
Here a Chance for the Cal-Guns Gang to show the BLM people what WE can do !!

MARCH 29 , 2014 /// Saturday /// 8 AM

***SEE page 23, post 889 ***

The Spot :: Take Hwy 74 ( West Of the town of Perris)

I'll bring the stack of heavy rubbermaid trashcans / Heavy rakes / Large flat shovels / Pop-up Suncover and a folding table . So we can have a shaded rest spot

With All the Clean-Ups in Bee Canyon we have made a Great impression with the Forest Service ( We have turned that place around :thumbsup:)
Now we have a chance with the BLM people

And with all the Anti-Gun propaganda what is spreading now
This would be a Perfect chance to show people what a bunch of Cal-Gunners can do !!!!

Let's get a List of people together

Baconator
08-11-2012, 1:53 PM
Man crap, I'd be down but am coaching little girls soccer. Maybe I can come after.

SudoNoob
08-11-2012, 2:03 PM
I will be there and I might be able to get a group of about 5-10 guys out there as well. I can bring some trash bags, a rake, and 1 flat of cold water for the heat.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Eat Dirt
08-11-2012, 2:25 PM
I want to see one of these out there !!!!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/013-2.jpg

chknlyps2
08-11-2012, 2:34 PM
Went there today and turned this
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/chknlyps2/STpeak2.jpg
Into this
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/chknlyps2/STpeak3.jpg

3 full trash bags of just shotgun hulls and that was just in a small area. Was picking up stuff in the ditch between the area you stand and the target area and when you could hear a couple bullets bounce off rocks you could see some dust puff up from the bullets skipping on the ground near us so we stayed out of that area.

I am still waiting on word from BLM about a ranger to be there to keep the range cold on the 25th.

Met Calguns member Rightwinger and his wife and brother, Nice people and they were going to haul some stuff out with them also.

Here is the end result my son and I haulled out
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/chknlyps2/STpeak6.jpg

chknlyps2
08-11-2012, 2:42 PM
I want to see one of these out there !!!!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/013-2.jpg

I am working on that, BLM has been sent all the links to the Bee Canyon clean up, sign and award from USFS. The lady incharge of cleanups is going to present them to the head boss and try to get permission for the signs.

Whoosdat
08-11-2012, 2:57 PM
I will be there on the 25th and will try to bring some help. Will be in a burnt orange Dodge ram short bed.

boltmopar
08-11-2012, 4:00 PM
I'll be there. Not sure if I can bring extra bodies.

Rightwinger
08-11-2012, 6:47 PM
Went there today and turned this
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/chknlyps2/STpeak2.jpg
Into this
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/chknlyps2/STpeak3.jpg

3 full trash bags of just shotgun hulls and that was just in a small area. Was picking up stuff in the ditch between the area you stand and the target area and when you could hear a couple bullets bounce off rocks you could see some dust puff up from the bullets skipping on the ground near us so we stayed out of that area.

I am still waiting on word from BLM about a ranger to be there to keep the range cold on the 25th.

Met Calguns member Rightwinger and his wife and brother, Nice people and they were going to haul some stuff out with them also.

Here is the end result my son and I haulled out
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/chknlyps2/STpeak6.jpg

Hey chknlyps2, It was nice meeting you and your son as well. There were a couple of other people cleaning up out there also. Nice to see people taking this range issue serious.. Info you, That pile I was going to pick-up at lower section is postponed tell mid-week (when I go back) as some other people showed up to shoot there..

KRUSTYTHECLOWN
08-11-2012, 9:34 PM
Oh man! I can't make it on that day. We have a soccer game in Barstow at 11:00 am We could make it out on Sunday though.

EchoFourTango
08-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Ill try and be out there, but ill get the word out to some that i know, mabey there will be more bodies.

speeedracerr
08-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Awesome!!! I should be back in Perris that weekend. I'll wear my CGF shirt if I get to make it out there :) Won't be able to haul lots of stuff since I only have a Corolla and Maxima, but I'll definitely help clean up schedule permitting.

Gunfighter420
08-11-2012, 11:58 PM
Count me in. I have a Frontier w/ a shortbed.

jmac92123
08-12-2012, 12:33 AM
Wold love to help out, just need directions. Wife nd I should be able to make it or a few hours

kingfamous
08-12-2012, 8:54 AM
went there today, it's been about a month since I went out there last. I noticed the BLM sign at the entrance warning that they might close up that area. We need to inforrm the rifraf that go there that it's not a dump site. What you take it you take out!! I will be there to help clean up with a few other fellow gunners. Is there any way to get a big dumpster out there? One of my fellow gunners has a couple of backhoes that would make the clean up that much easier. Also, was that Edison who put the new metal gate up on the backside of the area off of 74hwy?

jmlivingston
08-12-2012, 9:26 AM
Might be able to go, not sure of my schedule for that weekend yet.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

chknlyps2
08-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Is there any way to get a big dumpster out there? One of my fellow gunners has a couple of backhoes that would make the clean up that much easier.

Not sure they will let any equipment there but I will ask when I speak to the BLM person in charge of clean up, she will be back in the office wed the 15th.

She also said she will get some dumpsters out there in October or November for a big clean up if we can get a bunch of people together. LEO will be there then also to keep the range cold.

She has my email and phone # and will contact me in advance of the Oct./Nov. date so I can post the info here.

Also there is a possibility there will be a ranger there to keep the range cold on the 25th, I will post more when I find out.

kingfamous
08-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Are they really trying to keep the spot open, or is the BLM getting it cleaned up to close it down? I hope we can rally up and keep this place open, it WAS a really great spot before it went to DELETED MIND THE WORD FILTER!.

LoneYote
08-12-2012, 10:55 AM
It's a bit of a drive but I would like to meet some of you guys and help clean up.

kingfamous
08-12-2012, 10:59 AM
ok, let me know about the backhoe. It sure would be nice to get those whoops going up the hill knockede down:D

GordonLWilliams
08-12-2012, 11:05 AM
14 Year Grandson and I will be there to assist....will bring rakes, snow shovel, bags and trash cans...We are good to go! GrandpaofTyler@aol.com Weare like that JerseyMaid Cow ad "We do our Best"....

Dan000
08-12-2012, 11:39 AM
I'll be there with whatever tools/bags I can get!

Bigmac1520
08-12-2012, 11:42 AM
I will be there with trash bags and shovel and rake. I have bad knees but will do what I can. I have a Toyota truck to help haul trash out.

Dave

Rightwinger
08-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Count me in.. I'll bring trash can, rake & bags.. And my Dodge Ram Daytona pick-up

NastyNate
08-12-2012, 12:35 PM
I have a truck and a few bodies that are willing to help. I've never been here before but I'd like to help clean up and have a new place to set up my steel target. Someone please post detailed directions or PM me directions and I will be there with help.

esheato
08-12-2012, 1:55 PM
I would love to come. In fact, I saw a Ranger out there today...first time I've ever seen one. He was pretty cool, but remarked about the trash. Checked out my SV and we BS'd for a few min.

Got a short bed P/U but no tools. I can pick up some trash bags. Where we taking trash?

I'll bring a cooler/ice also.

WE NEED THOSE SIGNS OUT THERE....the place will be shut down if someone doesn't take some responsibility...AKA, us.

chknlyps2
08-12-2012, 2:25 PM
Got a short bed P/U but no tools. I can pick up some trash bags. Where we taking trash?

El Sobrante dump is not that far, about 20 minutes. They charge $8 for up to 800 lbs load of regular trash.

I am going to call them tomorrow to see if we can get a reduced fee or even free dumping for cleaning up BLM land. The chance is slim but worth a try.

Eat Dirt has trash cans and tools and so do I but if people could bring big black trash bags that would help a bunch. The loads need to be covered or there is an extra fee at the dump per this Yelp review I read.
Few things to note:
--make sure you cover your load! Use a tarp or a blanket with tie downs or you'll be charged an additional $10
--helps to know the weight of your vehicle. Not mandatory, but helps with the accuracy when weighing/charging you
--if you have a bright orange reflect vest, jacket, or shirt wear that since it will save you the $0.75 fee for the Landfill's vest that you must wear during your visit.
--bring a broom. When you empty your trash just sweep out the truck bed and leave the mess there

I will pay for a couple loads and possibly we can get a little donation going for a couple more loads. I will take my last load home with me, I have a free dump for local residents where I live.

I have a truck and a few bodies that are willing to help. I've never been here before but I'd like to help clean up and have a new place to set up my steel target. Someone please post detailed directions or PM me directions and I will be there with help.
Please see Eat Dirt's first post, directions to follow

Eat Dirt
08-12-2012, 10:54 PM
First .... Let me say a Big Thanks to " Chknlyps2 " for helping out on this new project
Great effort also to go out there all the way from Anza to start the clean-up and do some recon. on the area ...............

He and his son are always out there in Bee Canyon to help

This Clean-Up is going to be a Great Event ..............
This time helping out the BLM . No only cleaning up a shooting area for us to enjoy and keep for future shooters to enjoy
We are opening up another door by helping the BLM ........................
Just as word has spread from Bee Canyon Rangers to other Forestry shooting areas up north about how Cal-Guns members have helped
( I've mailed a few packets of the Clean-Up signs to members up north )
Word of our actions here can spread thru the BLM areas
"" Hey ,,These Cal-Gun people are alright ""

By giving up your Time ..Engery...And Sweat ...........to help clean up a mess that you didn't make

Also .I think this event would be a good time to get some Press time .
With all the negitive news about Guns and Gun rights in the papers these days . This event would be Great time to get something positive in the paper about Gun Owners

Eat Dirt
08-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Clean -Up Roster /// SATURDAY AUGUST 25

Please just add your name to the list and Bump it up

1. Chicknlps2
2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
4. Boltmopar
5. Rightwinger
6. Speeedracerr
7. GunFighter420
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
10. DanOOO
11. BigMac1520
12. Nasty Nate
13. esheato

Bigmac1520
08-13-2012, 8:47 AM

1. Chicknlps2
2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
4. Boltmopar
5. Rightwinger
6. Speeedracerr
7. GunFighter420
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
10. DanOOO
11. BigMac1520
12. Nasty Nate
13. esheato
14 Bigmac and son

chknlyps2
08-13-2012, 8:53 AM
List update, added Bigmac and son

Feel free to cut, paste and add your name as needed in new post

1. Chicknlps2
2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
4. Boltmopar
5. Rightwinger
6. Speeedracerr
7. GunFighter420
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
10. DanOOO
11. BigMac1520
12. Nasty Nate
13. esheato
14. Bigmac and son

snevarez89
08-13-2012, 5:27 PM

Feel free to cut, paste and add your name as needed in new post

1. Chicknlps2
2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
4. Boltmopar
5. Rightwinger
6. Speeedracerr
7. GunFighter420
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
10. DanOOO
11. BigMac1520
12. Nasty Nate
13. esheato
14. Bigmac and son
15. kingfamous plus one
16. snevarez89

EchoFourTango
08-13-2012, 5:31 PM
1. Chicknlps2
2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
4. Boltmopar
5. Rightwinger
6. Speeedracerr
7. GunFighter420
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
10. DanOOO
11. BigMac1520
12. Nasty Nate
13. esheato
14. Bigmac and son
15. Echo Four Tango

Rob42o
08-13-2012, 5:59 PM
1. Chicknlps2
2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
4. Boltmopar
5. Rightwinger
6. Speeedracerr
7. GunFighter420
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
10. DanOOO
11. BigMac1520
12. Nasty Nate
13. esheato
14. Bigmac and son
15. Echo Four Tango
16. Rob42o (unless I get a last minute Fireworks Show/Seminar)

chknlyps2
08-13-2012, 6:09 PM
Got some more good news today, we should have 1 to 2 rangers there Saturday morning the 25th to keep the range cold.

BLM wants us to fill out volunteer forms, they are being sent to me and I will have them there. She said if a person volunteers 500 hours you get a free year pass to state parks.

Looks like there is a good chance we can dump for free. I spoke to the guy in charge of the El Sobrante land fill and he is all for it but, even though Waste Management runs the dump, Riverside County runs the gate and sets the fees. The guy said he needs a truck count and an estimated number of times we will be returning and a call from the BLM person incharge of cleanups (which will be back in office the 15th) before he gets permission from the county.

I need a head count of trucks that are willing to haul trash to the dump, it is about 20 or so minutes one way. I would like to give the head count to Waste Management by the end of the week.

The loads need to be covered per county rules and the Waste Management guy was not sure if being in plastic trash bags was good enough for the county at the gate, we might need to tarp the loads.

The other good news is that BLM is suprised that all of you are stepping up to do this on such short notice. This is more than they expected by putting that sign up and this will really help turn things around regarding the possible closure.

boltmopar
08-13-2012, 6:33 PM
I can bring the el camino but it can't hold that much, because it is not a real truck. I may have some tarps in the garage, but I will let you kn.ow

EchoFourTango
08-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Its good that they are suprised by this.

esheato
08-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Fantastic news! Looking forward to making a difference out there.

Like I said before, I have a crew cab p/u. Short bed, but we can tie some crap into it.

Can't miss me, probably the only veh with Texas plates.

adjuster760
08-14-2012, 12:24 AM
1. Chicknlps2
2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
4. Boltmopar
5. Rightwinger
6. Speeedracerr
7. GunFighter420
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
10. DanOOO
11. BigMac1520
12. Nasty Nate
13. esheato
14. Bigmac and son
15. Echo Four Tango
17. adjuster760

I will drive my old toyota 4x4. I am willing to make as many runs to the dump as need be

adjuster760
08-14-2012, 12:48 AM
Also, I know I am a brand new member but you guys should be aware that the enviro freaks are chomping at the bit to close this area down. I have never been to this area but I have read the land use reports and it looks like almost the exact same area to me. I have a sneaking suspicion that the BLM is going to use well-meaning people like us to clean up areas like this, then sell us out to some NO name anti-human kangaroo grass rat protection fund.

That being said, I would still love to join in the clean up because my nagging eternal optimism forces me to believe that freedom is still a possibility in America.

If you guys want to check out the land use/environmental planning reports that I am talking about check this one out for starters:
http://www.wrc-rca.org/Management/IMERS/GAVILAN_NorthPeak1_IMER.pdf

From the report it looks like chunks of land in the area are already controlled by the "Multi-Species Habitat Conservation Plan." Seems to me these folks don't just frown upon scumbags dumping TV's and old freezers but basically any puplic use whatsoever--target shooting is specifically mentioned as a super bad no-no for protection of the sacred kangaroo grass rat. The enviros DO have a very specific playbook that they go to when shutting areas like this down. And they do work in conjunction with the BLM on land grabbing. Most of the BLM is made up of good people, but many of them do not know that they are pawns in a much larger game. I really hope we can make a good impression with the BLM and keep this are open as I only live about 15 minutes away and I'm eager to check it out.

Dan000
08-14-2012, 12:56 AM
I can borrow my dad's Toyota Tacoma (short bed pickup) for hauling.

Drabnor
08-14-2012, 10:55 AM
I'll be there with my son, trying to get a few friends to come also. Hate to ask and we will be there either way, but will there be range time after the cleanup? Got an XD45 getting out of jail the 24th

1. Chicknlps2
2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
4. Boltmopar
5. Rightwinger
6. Speeedracerr
7. GunFighter420
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
10. DanOOO
11. BigMac1520
12. Nasty Nate
13. esheato
14. Bigmac and son
15. Echo Four Tango
17. adjuster760
18.Drabnor and son

Eat Dirt
08-14-2012, 1:15 PM
will there be range time after the cleanup? Got an XD45 getting out of jail the 24th

Thanks to ALL who are planning to come out

To answer your question about having some range time after the Clean-Up:

We did in Bee Canyon , But the area was still open to shooters
Now,, might be different with Fire Season in full swing !!!
Hopefully by the 25th the weather will be a little Cooler
And when we wrap up the Clean-Up,, it's getting into the Hot part of the day

chknlyps2
08-14-2012, 5:45 PM

1. Chicknlps2___________TRUCK
2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
4. Boltmopar
5. Rightwinger____________TRUCK
6. Speeedracerr
7. GunFighter420__________TRUCK
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
10. DanOOO _____________TRUCK
11. BigMac1520 __________TRUCK
12. Nasty Nate___________TRUCK
13. esheato______________TRUCK
14. Echo Four Tango
15. Rob42o (unless I get a last minute Fireworks Show/Seminar)
16. adjuster760___________TRUCK
17.Drabnor and son

I went through the posts and PM's that have been sent and updated the list with people that are bringing trucks. Please correct it if needed

We need to have a close truck count if they are going to give us the free dumping

Rightwinger and his brother hauled a load today and the dump did not care about trash bags being covered with a tarp so if any of you have a tarp or 2 just for a load of loose things that would be great. He also reminded me about orange vests. They charge 75 cents for one if you do not have one or a bright shirt in some type of safety color.

We also need trash bags, Please bring some if you can.

kingfamous
08-14-2012, 6:20 PM
2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
4. Boltmopar
6. Speeedracerr
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
14. Echo Four Tango
17.Drabnor and son
18. kingfamous____________TRUCK

ElvenSoul
08-14-2012, 6:37 PM
Good Work!

Great to see something done over there. Will PM you guys next time I'm home in Perris to meet up for more clean up. I expect to be busy until Dec. 24th. Trucking has gone crazy with orders. Need to get all the work in I can. Have not had a day off since July 5th.

boltmopar
08-14-2012, 7:11 PM
2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
4. Boltmopar_____________Hybrid - elcamino
6. Speeedracerr
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
14. Echo Four Tango
17.Drabnor and son

***It's a car amd a truck!

Rob42o
08-14-2012, 7:24 PM
I have a sporttrac but my bed cover has broke. I can't take it off. However I can get some trash bags. An might be able to donate some tarps.

adjuster760
08-14-2012, 9:15 PM
I can probably get us another truck. My Dad is usually free on weekends. I will confirm and post tomorrow.

LoneYote
08-15-2012, 5:19 PM
2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
6. Speeedracerr
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
14. Echo Four Tango
17.Drabnor and son

***It's a car amd a truck!

19. LoneYote ____________ Small Truck(Ford Ranger)

torgo
08-15-2012, 9:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
4. Boltmopar
6. Speeedracerr
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
14. Echo Four Tango
17.Drabnor and son
20. snevarez89 (added back on, looks like he was inadvertantly cut and pasted out)
21. torgo _______________TRUCK

Also, with the short bed Tacoma... Trash can, black bags, shovel and rakes.

jmac92123
08-15-2012, 9:25 PM
put me down with a truck

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
4. Boltmopar
6. Speeedracerr
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
14. Echo Four Tango
17.Drabnor and son
20. snevarez89 (added back on, looks like he was inadvertantly cut and pasted out)
22. jmac92123 ___________ TRUCK

chknlyps2
08-15-2012, 9:42 PM
***8:00 AM*** Clean -Up Roster /// SATURDAY AUGUST 25 *** 8:00 AM***

2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
6. Speeedracerr
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
14. Echo Four Tango
17. Drabnor and son

***It's a car and a truck! Mullet, Business in the front, party in the back! :party: :mnl:

8:00 AM is the start time.

More good news, BLM is going to let the Calguns clean up signs be put up.

Because of the response of you guys BLM is going to try to get a roll-off dumpster for the 25th.... still waiting on final word. We can still make use of the trucks, the far end of the shooting area is a little ways from where the dumpster can be rolled off

BLM will provide trash bags

To kingfamous, the back hoe is a no go. To much disturbance to the land, foot traffic and hand tools only but thanks, it was worth a try

BLM said shooting is fine after the clean up, probably up to the on site rangers when that will be.

NastyNate
08-15-2012, 10:45 PM
My truck is having issues at the moment and will probably not be fixed by the meet.

I'll still be there with some friends.

Ricky-Ray
08-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Awesome. Way to step up guys!

NastyNate
08-15-2012, 11:45 PM
I'm bailing out my AK on 8/24, get to break it in after the cleanup!

jmlivingston
08-16-2012, 6:43 AM

2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
6. Speeedracerr
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
14. Echo Four Tango
17. Drabnor and son
23. jmlivingston

I'm planning to be there. No truck or tools to bring along but I can bring trash bags.

Eat Dirt
08-16-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm planning to be there. No truck or tools to bring along but I can bring trash bags.

Not A Problem......
I'll be bringing a stack of Heavy Rubber-Maid trash cans
And a number of hand tools

Nice to see this event is GROWING....................

VintageDUG
08-16-2012, 11:21 AM
I'll try to be there with my son. Waiting to here on another event before I commit. If I do make I can bring my small GMC 2500HD with its real 8 foot bed or my big truck. The deuce is covered and can probably handle everything in one load, but unloading would be a PITA with just two people. I'll try to confirm by Tuesday.

BTW - on another topic, I just found all this missing Jack Ross ammo. It's for sale at Guns and Ammo garage in Vegas. ;)

Drabnor
08-16-2012, 11:33 AM
I'll also have a stack of trash cans. I work for a company who sells recycling containers, these are damaged(we cant sell them as new). I am sure I could have them donated to either the cleanup effort, or to this particular site if it is ok'd by BLM...

Rob7.62
08-16-2012, 7:23 PM

2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
6. Speeedracerr
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
14. Echo Four Tango
17. Drabnor and son
23. Rob7.62________________Small Truck (Chevy Colorado)

Love this place bringing my truck , rake, shovel and bags

Eat Dirt
08-16-2012, 8:07 PM
BTW - on another topic, I just found all this missing Jack Ross ammo. It's for sale at Guns and Ammo garage in Vegas. ;)

Great !!...........Do they have Free Shipping ??:TFH:

Anyway .
It would be Great to have you at this Event

VintageDUG
08-16-2012, 9:03 PM
I'll try my best to be there. Can someone PM me directions?

The ammo was the cheapest I've EVER seen at a range - $170 for 1000 9MM reloads. I didn't price check any of the rest, but they had plenty.

Crosshair-V
08-18-2012, 12:52 PM
New to Calguns but been shooting here for awhile. Nice to see this kind of effort!!!!!! The place really does need some cleaning. We do our part and pickup after ourselves but there are others who treat this place like a dump. Old TVS, Microwaves and all kinds of broken appliances left there. there are a couple of people who come out and pickup empty casing they sell them back to reload. but the shotgun shells along with steel casing just get left there to pile up.
As soon as you get there before making a left on to the dirt road is the first set of trash. its pretty much where alot of shooting is done since you dont need a truck.
After that you need a truck to make it up the first hill. there is about 4-5 different spots to shoot and loads of trash on this spot.
if you continue down the path, it will take you to a couple of small dips and hills and then around the side. there are some trash here but not as much compared to the ones upfront. not too many people make it up this far.

my Buddy and i will be there on the 25th to help out. Bringing my truck , trash bags rakes...shovels..etc.

Im planing on shooting tomorrow as well so i might start cleaning up a bit.

See you all there!

Eat Dirt
08-18-2012, 9:37 PM
This is going to be a Great Event......

I can't belive how the list of names has grown

To those of you that are not certian on how to get there / I'll post complete dirictions during the week

Also going to contact the local Press Enterprise paper about doing a story
About time us shooters get some Good Press !!!

NastyNate
08-19-2012, 12:26 AM
This is going to be a Great Event......

I can't belive how the list of names has grown

To those of you that are not certian on how to get there / I'll post complete dirictions during the week

Also going to contact the local Press Enterprise paper about doing a story
About time us shooters get some Good Press !!!

I understand that BLM is trying to get some dumpsters on site but as far as hauling the rest of the trash out, where is everyone planning on dumping it?

Rob42o
08-19-2012, 2:41 AM
Still looking good for the girlfriend and I to be there. Might be about to get some more people out also.

If things change, Everyone can head over a Fireworks show for the evening.

boltmopar
08-19-2012, 9:08 AM
I understand that BLM is trying to get some dumpsters on site but as far as hauling the rest of the trash out, where is everyone planning on dumping it?

I am pretty sure we are going to convoy to the el sobronte dump site. Some one said we weren't going to get charged to drop off waste.

NastyNate
08-19-2012, 10:34 AM
I am pretty sure we are going to convoy to the el sobronte dump site. Some one said we weren't going to get charged to drop off waste.

Thanks for that. EatDirt, can you confirm that there will be no dumping fees?

chknlyps2
08-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Thanks for that. EatDirt, can you confirm that there will be no dumping fees?

Still working on dumping for free. The dump manager is about 90% sure he can make that happen but needs to talk to BLM first, BLM is waiting to see if they can get a dumpster first, if not they will call him. I will find out more Monday.

GordonLWilliams
08-19-2012, 4:22 PM
The grandson and I went back to Steele Peak this morning....Man! The first 500' from the Road in looks GREAT! Somebody has been cleaning up but after you get to the top OF THE FIRST HILL....things go down hill fast. The grandson took his Henry repeater and S&W pistol and was shooting and Grandpa took the "trash grabber" and picked up a trash can of shotgun hulls while he shot. If any of you guys happen to have the hand grabber{s}...you might want to bring them...sure beats leaning over and picking up the empty boxes, trash, etc.

chknlyps2! Does Jennifer Taylor and the other female staff from BLM know that there aren't BATHROOM FACILITIES out there? I had to laugh because when the grandson and I passed the Maywood Gun Club going to the Steele Peak site, he turned to me and as serious as a heart attack said "Grandpa, if ladies come next Saturday, do they know that there isn't bathrooms".... Whoa! Good ? I told him that somebody better tell them that there aren't "portable potties" there and I did email Ms. Taylor down at BLM Palm Springs that there weren't bathroom facilities a few minutes ago.

We were there a little after 830 AM and there were shooters already leaving the site...

We are bringing a "dolly" and a wheelbarrow Saturday and rakes too. See you all Saturday morning....stay cool.....

Rightwinger
08-19-2012, 6:02 PM
New to Calguns but been shooting here for awhile. Nice to see this kind of effort!!!!!! The place really does need some cleaning. We do our part and pickup after ourselves but there are others who treat this place like a dump. Old TVS, Microwaves and all kinds of broken appliances left there. there are a couple of people who come out and pickup empty casing they sell them back to reload. but the shotgun shells along with steel casing just get left there to pile up.
As soon as you get there before making a left on to the dirt road is the first set of trash. its pretty much where alot of shooting is done since you dont need a truck.
After that you need a truck to make it up the first hill. there is about 4-5 different spots to shoot and loads of trash on this spot.
if you continue down the path, it will take you to a couple of small dips and hills and then around the side. there are some trash here but not as much compared to the ones upfront. not too many people make it up this far.

my Buddy and i will be there on the 25th to help out. Bringing my truck , trash bags rakes...shovels..etc.

Im planing on shooting tomorrow as well so i might start cleaning up a bit.

See you all there!

Hey crosshair-V, First welcome to calcuns. Thanks for your current up-date on the site, it looks like Sat. 25th is going to be an awesome opportunity to show the county and BLM that we're taking this range clean-up seriously and not for granted. See you & everybody there Saturday!!

chknlyps2
08-19-2012, 6:06 PM
Gordon, I would think they know, it is their land LOL. I am not sure if she is going to be there though. Did she send you some forms for the Scouts parents to sign if they come? When I talked to her thursday she said she was going to email you about them.

esheato
08-19-2012, 6:44 PM
I was out there this morning at 0620 to do some long range. People freaking everywhere. Didn't even fire a round. Turned around and drove back home. Also, a couple locations have been raked up. Good to see someone taking some initiative.

We should have posted a sign this weekend notifying everyone that we are going to be out next weekend. Might be an easy way to round up some help.

Crosshair-V
08-19-2012, 8:51 PM
Hey crosshair-V, First welcome to calcuns. Thanks for your current up-date on the site, it looks like Sat. 25th is going to be an awesome opportunity to show the county and BLM that we're taking this range clean-up seriously and not for granted. See you & everybody there Saturday!!

Thanks rightwinger. By the way went there today around 8 and stayed for just a couple of hours. Place was very busy. Found a nice spot on the back side. Ground was still a little wet from the rain. made the drive up them hills nice and easy!! Hit some cool mud puddles on the route. truck was a muddy mess hahaha! We were very surprised and pleased on how much cleaner the place is already. Someone for sure has been doing some cleaning. The area where we were was pretty clean already except for some Shotgun shells someone left behind. Picked those up and trashed bagged them before we took off. Talked to the dude picking up brass in the burgundy Jeep. told him about the 25th. He said he heard about something like this to be happening. I said its happening FOR SURE!. See you on the 25th!

Drabnor
08-20-2012, 2:09 PM
here is the form to be filled out for the cleanup:

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ca/pdf/caso/volunteer_.Par.14244.File.dat/1114-4-rev%20Indv%20agree.pdf

SudoNoob
08-20-2012, 2:16 PM
here is the form to be filled out for the cleanup:

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ca/pdf/caso/volunteer_.Par.14244.File.dat/1114-4-rev%20Indv%20agree.pdf

Do you know if this is required to do the cleanup?

retired
08-20-2012, 3:27 PM
[QUOTE=chknlyps2;9139890]***8:00 AM*** Clean -Up Roster /// SATURDAY AUGUST 25 *** 8:00 AM***

2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
6. Speeedracerr
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
14. Echo Four Tango
17. Drabnor and son
23. retired _______________TRUCK

chknlyps2
08-20-2012, 8:01 PM
Talked to BLM today and they said one way or another a dumpster will be there so no need to take the trash to the land fill.

BLM also said they will bring trash bags.

We can still use a couple trucks to get trash bags to the dumster, I am sure it will be left right near the pavement.

Do you know if this is required to do the cleanup?

Not sure if it is manditory for adults but BLM said minors will have to have this form filled out by a parent but you will need to change the date. http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ca/pdf/palmsprings/volunteer.Par.78891.File.dat/VolServAgree4NatResourceAgenciesSteelePeakMarch201 2.pdf

Eat Dirt
08-20-2012, 9:11 PM
Talked to BLM today and they said one way or another a dumpster will be there so no need to take the trash to the land fill.

]

Great !! That will make things a whole lot easier!

I called the Press Enterprise ( local Number ) and left a long winded message about the event / Have not heard back yet

NastyNate
08-20-2012, 9:15 PM
Great !! That will make things a whole lot easier!

I called the Press Enterprise ( local Number ) and left a long winded message about the event / Have not heard back yet

That's good news about the dumpsters and bags. Hopefully we can get some good press coverage on the event. Every little bit helps our cause.

boltmopar
08-20-2012, 9:35 PM
That's good news about the dumpsters and bags. Hopefully we can get some good press coverage on the event. Every little bit helps our cause.

Yes I'll be sure to not wear my "nuke the middle east and take their oil" shirt

;)

Contact Rep BLM PS
08-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Palm Springs Bureau of Land Management, would like to thank the Cal Guns Clean-Up Crew, for their time and effort to clean up our Steel Peak shooting area on the 25th of August. It has been tough to keep this spot clean, it seems we clean it and a few days later itís full again. So, know that we here at the BLM thank you all very much, for helping maintain this piece of public lands for the recreational use of target shooting.

With the greatest of Respect to all,

Donna

SudoNoob
08-21-2012, 12:27 PM
Palm Springs Bureau of Land Management, would like to thank the Cal Guns Clean-Up Crew, for their time and effort to clean up our Steel Peak shooting area on the 25th of August. It has been tough to keep this spot clean, it seems we clean it and a few days later itís full again. So, know that we here at the BLM thank you all very much, for helping maintain this piece of public lands for the recreational use of target shooting.

Donna

Thank you for recognizing our effort! We don't want to see this place become a dump and/or a place to not shoot at. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Eat Dirt
08-21-2012, 12:59 PM

Donna

First let me say Thank-You for coming on Cal-Guns and posting here .

You'll find this a very diverse group , From Lawers ,teachers , retired and current LOE, military. White and blue collar alike...............
And that these people are not afraid to roll up thier sleves and Help when asked .
When ever I have posted about a Clean-Up out on the forest land of Bee Canyon .I always get a full roster of volunteers to come out . And not always the same people . I've had people as far away as Riverside and San Bernadino drive all the way out to Hemet just to Help
A lot of our members belive that this is very important to"Help" to keep shooting areas like these open for future generations to enjoy

As my Grandfather brought me out to the Canyons to shoot ....Nothing makes me happier that to see a Family out for the day enjoying the area . A Dad or even a Grandpa showing the Grandkids how to shoot .Memories that will last forever................

Hopefully this will only be the First of many Clean-Up we can help the BLM with

boltmopar
08-21-2012, 1:08 PM
First let me say Thank-You for coming on Cal-Guns and posting here .

You'll find this a very diverse group , From Lawers ,teachers , retired and current LOE, military. White and blue collar alike...............
And that these people are not afraid to roll up thier sleves and Help when asked .
When ever I have posted about a Clean-Up out on the forest land of Bee Canyon .I always get a full roster of volunteers to come out . And not always the same people . I've had people as far away as Riverside and San Bernadino drive all the way out to Hemet just to Help
A lot of our members belive that this is very important to"Help" to keep shooting areas like these open for future generations to enjoy

As my Grandfather brought me out to the Canyons to shoot ....Nothing makes me happier that to see a Family out for the day enjoying the area . A Dad or even a Grandpa showing the Grandkids how to shoot .Memories that will last forever................

Hopefully this will only be the First of many Clean-Up we can help the BLM with

That sums it up pretty nicely. To make sure we can always have a place to shoot, we will always need volunteers. We will probably do many more, because there will always be individuals that can never clean up after themselves.

Rightwinger
08-21-2012, 1:49 PM
I'll try my best to be there. Can someone PM me directions?

If your able to still make it Sat. You can follow me out there, were pretty close to each other. I'm closer to the 215 side.

BLM also said they will bring trash bags.

We can still use a couple trucks to get trash bags to the dumster, I am sure it will be left right near the pavement.

That is some AWESOME news... Thanks again for stepping up to the plate chknlyps2.:clap:

chknlyps2
08-21-2012, 4:40 PM
Are they really trying to keep the spot open, or is the BLM getting it cleaned up to close it down? I hope we can rally up and keep this place open, it WAS a really great spot before it went to sh*t.

Also, I know I am a brand new member but you guys should be aware that the enviro freaks are chomping at the bit to close this area down. I have never been to this area but I have read the land use reports and it looks like almost the exact same area to me. I have a sneaking suspicion that the BLM is going to use well-meaning people like us to clean up areas like this, then sell us out to some NO name anti-human kangaroo grass rat protection fund.

That being said, I would still love to join in the clean up because my nagging eternal optimism forces me to believe that freedom is still a possibility in America.

If you guys want to check out the land use/environmental planning reports that I am talking about check this one out for starters:
http://www.wrc-rca.org/Management/IM...Peak1_IMER.pdf

From the report it looks like chunks of land in the area are already controlled by the "Multi-Species Habitat Conservation Plan." Seems to me these folks don't just frown upon scumbags dumping TV's and old freezers but basically any puplic use whatsoever--target shooting is specifically mentioned as a super bad no-no for protection of the sacred kangaroo grass rat. The enviros DO have a very specific playbook that they go to when shutting areas like this down. And they do work in conjunction with the BLM on land grabbing. Most of the BLM is made up of good people, but many of them do not know that they are pawns in a much larger game. I really hope we can make a good impression with the BLM and keep this are open as I only live about 15 minutes away and I'm eager to check it out.

I have had a couple PM's about this so I called BLM and asked. There is nothing in the works that the Palm Springs office knows about and the BLM person I spoke with said they would not use us to clean up knowing there was a closure, they would be up front about it if it were happening.

If any of you have any questions about this I was told you are welcome to call BLM at 760-833-7100 and ask for the BLM contact Rep.

Whoosdat
08-21-2012, 8:45 PM
Unfortunately I am going to have to work this weekend so I will have to take a rain check. We did haul away a truck load of garbage last weekend but it is still a mess.

Zerorye351w
08-21-2012, 9:01 PM
Count me in on this one.

chknlyps2
08-21-2012, 9:14 PM

2. Sudonoob
3. Boltmopar_____________Hybrid - elcamino
4. Rightwinger____________TRUCK
5. Speeedracerr
6. GunFighter420__________TRUCK
7. Jmac92123
8. GordonLWilliams
9. DanOOO _____________TRUCK
10. BigMac1520 __________TRUCK
11. Nasty Nate___________TRUCK
12. esheato______________TRUCK
13. Echo Four Tango
14. Rob42o (unless I get a last minute Fireworks Show/Seminar)
15. adjuster760___________TRUCK
16. Drabnor and son
17. kingfamous____________TRUCK
18. LoneYote ____________ Small Truck(Ford Ranger)
19. snevarez89 (added back on, looks like he was inadvertantly cut and pasted out)
20. torgo _______________TRUCK
21. jmac92123 ___________ TRUCK
22. retired _______________TRUCK
23. Zerorye351w

stilly
08-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Ahhhhh.

I hope I can be included in the future for Steel Peak. I have been there twice in the past week and it is a dump in need of cleaning. I just wonder how old/new that sign is that is posted at the entrance that says the place is going to be closed perm if people don't straighten their **** out...

This is actually closer to me then Bee Canyon and NOW that my truck has been fixed, I will be at the AK Build Party that day... :\

Well, have fun there. You certainly have your work cut out for you depending on how far back you go. If you make it over to the oasis there is a little bit of EVERYTHING there, tvs, trophies, a TON of shotshells and wow, that is a dump. If you go over to bird **** rock then please leave that bowling pin that someone has placed towards the top of the peak about 200+ yards away. It is fun to shoot at that.

Have fun.

six1nina
08-22-2012, 12:41 AM
Im down! how far is this place from San Diego? Will I need a lifted vehicle to get to the location?

jmlivingston
08-22-2012, 6:47 AM
Looks like BLM put our cleanup on their website.

http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/palmsprings/palmspringsvolunteer/steelpeakcleanup.html

Volunteer Opportunity - Steele Peak - Stephen's Kangaroo Rat Reserve Cleanup

The Palm Springs-South Coast Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Office will be hosting a volunteer event on Saturday, August 25, 2012 from 8:00 AM to noon at the Steele Peak SKR Reserve located approximately 4 miles west of Perris, CA. (Township 5 South, Range 4 West, Section 9).
The project site falls within the Steele Peak SKR Reserve, an area set aside for the protection and management of the federally endangered Stephen’s Kangaroo Rat (Dipodomys stephensi). Illegal dumping and misuse of the area has resulted in an accumulation of garbage including household refuse, broken target boards, spent shotgun shells, and other items littering the ground. Removal of the garbage will return the area back to its natural setting, thus enhancing the habitat for SKR. Using a variety of hand tools such as rakes and garbage pickers, volunteers will assist BLM staff in performing a general cleanup of the area. Gloves and some tools will be provided, but quantities are limited, so volunteers are encouraged to bring their own supplies as well. These should include personal safety supplies such as sunscreen, hat, gloves, closed-toed shoes, lunch, etc. Light snacks and drinks will be provided.
Volunteers are to meet at one of the following locations to carpool to the project site:

Meet at the Palm Springs-South Coast BLM Office located at 1201 Bird Center Drive in Palm Springs at 6:15 AM on Saturday, August 25th. We will leave promptly at 6:30 AM.
Meet in the parking lot just west of Popeye’s Chicken located at 498 E 4th St in Perris, CA at 7:30 AM. From I-215, take the 4th St / Hwy 74 West exit. Head west on 4th street approximately ľ mile. Popeye’s will be on the right-hand side just past Jack in the Box.

Please bring with you Page 1 of the Individual Volunteer Services Agreement (http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ca/pdf/palmsprings/volunteer.Par.78891.File.dat/VolServAgree4NatResourceAgenciesSteelePeakMarch201 2.pdf) (Volunteers under 18 years of age will need the signature of their parent or guardian on the form).

Interested parties should RSVP to Jennifer Taylor, BLM Volunteer Coordinator, at (760) 833-7117 or by email at j5taylor@blm.gov
For more information on BLM volunteer events, visit our web site - http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/fo/palmsprings/palmspringsvolunteer.html

EchoFourTango
08-22-2012, 8:40 AM
Looks like we might have some anti's that need an education in firearm safety after the clean up. :D

NastyNate
08-22-2012, 8:52 AM
Im down! how far is this place from San Diego? Will I need a lifted vehicle to get to the location?

It's not too far from SD. Dependent upon which part, maybe about 1.5 hrs.

Directions are posted in here somewhere. Way to step up!

chknlyps2
08-22-2012, 11:09 AM

See how far you are from Lake Elsinore and then add 15 or 20 minutes.

There is a place to park right off the pavement and BLM said they will have some type of transportation to get volunteers back to the rough area. people with stock 2wd trucks make it for about the first 1000 feet then I was told it gets rough but I have not been back there that far.

EchoFourTango
08-22-2012, 11:33 AM
It does get rough rather quick for the 2wd trucks. 4x4 jeeps and trucks will be able to make it easily.

NastyNate
08-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Can someone PM me directions to the spot?

Dan000
08-23-2012, 1:35 PM
If there's gonna be any shooting after the cleanup, does anyone mind helping me zero in my newly assembled AR? I've shot it and zeroed it in as much as I could myself with internet guides, but I'd like an experienced shooter to make sure it's shooting well and accurate.

Rightwinger
08-23-2012, 2:45 PM

PM Sent

NastyNate
08-23-2012, 2:49 PM
PM's received. Thanks for the directions guys. See you all there.

Dan, I'm gonna be zeroing my AK at 25 yds. I can help you with yours. Print a couple of these targets out. They are for an EOtech but will work the same with or without one.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eotech-inc.com%2Fdocuments%2FM16A4-M4MWS_EOTech_Live_Fire_Target.pdf&ei=IqU2UKjjFKeniQKikYGYCA&usg=AFQjCNG_jbFSMj39hVfUXwv56-5bZNr-Pg&sig2=54POOc42KnH-nYxBercXGA&cad=rja

VintageDUG
08-23-2012, 11:35 PM
It looks like I'll be there with my son and my buddy. I might not be much help since I'm nursing a possible blown disc in my back, but I'll have tools and plenty of cold water. My son and buddy are good hard workers.

jmlivingston
08-24-2012, 6:48 AM
I'll need directions too, or I'll end up going to the meetup places with the BLM people.

NastyNate
08-24-2012, 8:07 AM
I'll need directions too, or I'll end up going to the meetup places with the BLM people.

PM Sent.

Akers
08-24-2012, 8:32 AM
Please PM directions. If I can find a babysitter I will be there.

SudoNoob
08-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Sorry guys but I don't think I'll be able to make it. I already have a bad back but I ended up tweaking it really bad so I'll be on bed rest the next couple of days but I know a few of the guys I told about this event are going. Maybe next time...

Rob42o
08-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Do we have to fill out the volunteer form? What is it for? Just curious?

SudoNoob
08-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Do we have to fill out the volunteer form? What is it for? Just curious?

I called the blm and they said it's not mandatory unless you're under 18 but the point in the form is to cover you medically (kinda like workers comp), if you get injured while cleaning out there.

Rightwinger
08-24-2012, 12:16 PM
So I got a phone call from my Mother this morning who lives in San Jacinto to tell me that as she was reading her News paper that there's an article about the Perris volunteer clean-up group. So I found the article on-line and thought I'd share it.. http://www.pe.com/local-news/riverside-county/perris/perris-headlines-index/20120823-perris-gun-group-to-clean-up-wilderness.ece
Cool to see Calguns is mentioned and getting some positive attention. Good job Ron :punk:

retired
08-24-2012, 2:00 PM
So I got a phone call from my Mother this morning who lives in San Jacinto to tell me that as she was reading her News paper that there's an article about the Perris volunteer clean-up group. So I found the article on-line and thought I'd share it.. http://www.pe.com/local-news/riverside-county/perris/perris-headlines-index/20120823-perris-gun-group-to-clean-up-wilderness.ece
Cool to see Calguns is mentioned and getting some positive attention. Good job Ron :punk:

I read the article in the Press Enterprise also and noted the reporter who Eat Dirt spoke with inadvertently wrote the meeting time was 7:30 PM. I called ED to advise him a little while ago and he said he had already received some calls about it.

The time is still 7:30AM. Due to ED being busy at work, I called the reporter and left a msg. on his voice mail requesting a correction. I explained this will confuse a lot of people who were told it was in the morning and might keep others away thinking it is at night. The paper prints correction notices all the time, so I'm hoping they will do so in this case.

Due to a family matter that unexpectedly came up, I may not be able to come to this event. We'll see.

Eat Dirt
08-24-2012, 4:29 PM
I was really suprised to find such a big article in the paper this morning /// http://www.pe.com/local-news/riverside-county/perris/perris-headlines-index/20120823-perris-gun-group-to-clean-up-wilderness.ece

The paper's version is lot bigger that the one on the link
I've had calls going all day , from friends and even other people that the reporter gave my number to that want to help out

When I did the " Phone interview " I was on the phone answering questions for about an hour !! A lot of things I wanted to get into the story didn't
But overall I think it get's the point across

This should be a great event tomorrow / Even the weather is helping out by dropping a few degrees

JSolie
08-24-2012, 4:47 PM
Someone be sure to take a camera and get before and after photos!

striker777
08-24-2012, 5:17 PM
complete directions needed

six1nina
08-24-2012, 6:11 PM

x2 please:D

retired
08-24-2012, 6:12 PM
You can print that pic of the group or cut it out of the paper and I will autograph my pic when we get to the location if I can make it. I'm the spry looking older guy third from the right by the canopy. There will be a small charge of course.:D

Good job ED in contacting the paper and doing the interview. Good press will certainly help our cause.

VintageDUG
08-24-2012, 6:14 PM
I got the M35A2 dusted off and loaded. I'll meet up at the chicken place in Perris mentioned in the article.

bob7122
08-24-2012, 6:26 PM
anybody going to the cleanup from anaheim area that has room for 1 more?

striker777
08-24-2012, 7:00 PM
cool thanks been there

ptrunion
08-24-2012, 7:26 PM
I will be there and bringing a couple people also.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Sudonoob
3. Boltmopar_____________Hybrid - elcamino
4. Rightwinger____________TRUCK
5. Speeedracerr
6. GunFighter420__________TRUCK
7. Jmac92123
8. GordonLWilliams
9. DanOOO _____________TRUCK
10. BigMac1520 __________TRUCK
11. Nasty Nate___________TRUCK
12. esheato______________TRUCK
13. Echo Four Tango
14. Rob42o (unless I get a last minute Fireworks Show/Seminar)
15. adjuster760___________TRUCK
16. Drabnor and son
17. kingfamous____________TRUCK
18. LoneYote ____________ Small Truck(Ford Ranger)
19. snevarez89 (added back on, looks like he was inadvertantly cut and pasted out)
20. torgo _______________TRUCK
21. jmac92123 ___________ TRUCK
22. retired _______________TRUCK
23. Zerorye351w
24. Six1nina
25. Jmlivingston
26. Striker
27. JoeM

JoeM
08-24-2012, 8:25 PM
[QUOTE=chknlyps2;9139890]***8:00 AM*** Clean -Up Roster /// SATURDAY AUGUST 25 *** 8:00 AM***

2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
6. Speeedracerr
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
14. Echo Four Tango
17. Drabnor and son
24. JoeM

VintageDUG
08-24-2012, 9:12 PM
2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
6. Speeedracerr
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
14. Echo Four Tango
17. Drabnor and son
24. JoeM
25. VintageDUG & son + friend M35A2 Truck and another 4 x 4 just in case

Gunfighter420
08-24-2012, 9:16 PM
Sorry fella's, duty calls. Spot 7 is vacant.

2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
6. Speeedracerr
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
14. Echo Four Tango
17. Drabnor and son
24. JoeM

EchoFourTango
08-24-2012, 9:42 PM
LOL gona bring my rifle as well for the after shoot

Rightwinger
08-24-2012, 9:47 PM
LOL gona bring my rifle as well for the after shoot

Me too... 3 pistols - .22, 9mm & .45acp. Bang bang :D

Rob7.62
08-24-2012, 10:11 PM
2. Sudonoob
3. Whoosdat
6. Speeedracerr
7. Rob7.62_____________TRUCK (small)
8. Jmac92123
9. GordonLWilliams
14. Echo Four Tango
17. Drabnor and son
24. JoeM

I'll take spot number 7. How long does a range cleanup normally take? See you guys in the AM

LoneYote
08-24-2012, 10:26 PM
I've never been anywhere near this location but I printed out the directions.... I have a horrible habit of getting lost.... so if you don't see me that's why.....

Gonna be lots of bodies though..... w00t!

Rob42o
08-24-2012, 10:54 PM
See you all in the morning, The lady an I are coming from the Corona/Riverside Area, so we will be heading straight to the location. We will have our .22's to shoot afterwards. Need to get 2 scopes sighted in at 50 yards.

those still needing directions Add your starting address. Location is the dirt U where the B icon is

https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=Maywood+Club+Rd&hl=en&ll=33.760097,-117.309093&spn=0.006021,0.013078&sll=33.760133,-117.310252&sspn=0.019873,0.037079&geocode=FYgjAwIdWPwB-Q&t=h&mra=ls&z=17

Edit this out, if its not allowed.

PatchesMom
08-25-2012, 11:05 AM
My husband and son just got home from helping with the clean up ~ Sounds like it was a HUGE success!! :o

Keep up the good work of being a positive influence in the gun community and Southern California!!

esheato
08-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Yup! Looks a ton better! Thanks everyone!

Dan000
08-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Wow people where kicking *** out there today. Dude in the white Chevy Colorado was busting his *** hauling loads to the dumpster!

noseyparker2u
08-25-2012, 12:42 PM
How did the fire get started?

Dan000
08-25-2012, 12:45 PM
How did the fire get started?

Last I heard (rumors) a guy in a black pickup ignored the no shooting was shooting further in and started it, rangers got him fleeing the scene.

Rob7.62
08-25-2012, 1:48 PM
Wow people where kicking *** out there today. Dude in the white Chevy Colorado was busting his *** hauling loads to the dumpster!

Lol thanks yeah we got a lot done everyone was bustin it out made a lot of progress in a short time should make this a regular thing. Can't believe how fast the dumpster filled up, had a lot of fun

Rob42o
08-25-2012, 1:57 PM
Photos: http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii590/PyroTekRob/CalGuns%20Aug%2025th%202012/. Good work everyone, had a lot of fun. Place looks a lot better, hope it stays that way. Retired and Eat Dirt was nice meeting you guys and talking with you. Everyone else we talked to, that I didn't get names, Nice meeting you as well. Hope to see some of you out there again soon.

Robert & Wendy

(If there are any photos of any one who does not want to be posted, or would like edited out. PM me an I will take care of it for you)

jmlivingston
08-25-2012, 2:23 PM
Last I heard (rumors) a guy in a black pickup ignored the no shooting was shooting further in and started it, rangers got him fleeing the scene.

According to the Ranger I spoke with, that is essentially correct. He apparently was not arrested but they have all his info. Expect him to be paying for the cost of the fire response for a looonnngggg time!

chknlyps2
08-25-2012, 3:36 PM
What a difference a day makes, it looks so much better there. I will post up some of my pictures in the next day or so.

Thanks to all the Calguns members that came

Thanks to BLM for all their help and getting the dumpster there

Thanks to the BLM volunteers

Thanks to the people that were there shooting and new nothing about it and stayed to help

Thanks to the people that heard about it in the paper and came to help

BLM wants to do this again in a couple months, in about 4 or 5 weeks we will get a date set and details will be posted up.

The rangers had an ear to ear grin and could not believe the amount of people that were there, and how fast that area was transformed. You guys all did a fantastic job and all deserve a pat on the back!

One of the rangers even keeps a Calguns flow chart with him to help him make sure he properly checks guns with evil features, I thought that was pretty cool.

Zerorye351w
08-25-2012, 3:44 PM
What a difference a day makes, it looks so much better there. I will post up some of my pictures in the next day or so.

Thanks to the people that were there shooting and new nothing about it and stayed to help

BLM wants to do this again in a couple months, in about 4 or 5 weeks we will get a date set and details will be posted up.

The rangers had an ear to ear grin and could not believe the amount of people that were there, and how fast that area was transformed. You guys all did a fantastic job and all deserve a pat on the back!

One of the rangers even keeps a Calguns flow chart with him to help him make sure he properly checks guns with evil features, I thought that was pretty cool.

+1, we all did a great job.

JoeM
08-25-2012, 3:45 PM
It was very encouraging to see so many people there! If I had to guess, 75-100?
Got to meet Retired, EatDirt, Torgo, and Lee and his wife. Great people, all of them.

The BLM ladies I talked with expressed appreciation to CalGuns members for the great turnout and all the hard work. Even the Ranger said, "Thanks for the hard work today." <Oscar moment> Wow, they like us. They REALLY like us!

The place looks so clean now you can almost eat off the dirt! Well, maybe not THAT clean but I don't recall ever seeing it this clean when I've been there. Everyone did such an excellent job working together. And had a lunch wagon would have drove up and provided us lunch for free, it would have been a perfect day. I can dream.

Thank you to those who provided Drinks and Snacks too. Much appreciated!

What a great time. See you all at the next one!

ex buff e-dub
08-25-2012, 3:48 PM
Been reading the forum a short while, relatively new shooter, but old 2nd Amendment guy. Shot for the first time at this site a few weeks ago, and pitched in this AM with my 11 y/o son. Joined the forum shortly after returning from cleanup. What a great turnout! Hopefully we can keep after the place. I recommended to the ranger that they put a second sign up in Spanish. Disappointed that the notice the BLM put out was all about the SKR, and returning its habitat...

I'm wary of the enviros, as Adjuster 760 pointed out.

FearKrew
08-25-2012, 3:49 PM
I was there cleaned several bags of trash... It was so nice to see how many people showed up, and the amazing job they did!!!!!

I think an impact was made today, and the rangers saw it!

Now we just need to make sure when we are at the range we encourage all of the users of this range to clean up after themselves.

bob7122
08-25-2012, 3:53 PM

i will definitely go to the next clean up!

VintageDUG
08-25-2012, 3:54 PM
Had a great time! Thanks to whoever set up the Fire Suppression demo and the air show!

Got to expend a few rounds downrange before we left too. The only downer to the day was remembering for the third time that the fuel gauge on the deuce doesn't work. Luckily I had a jerry can with me and my buddy was still there. 25 dollars got me the station and 200 filled it up.

rodburner
08-25-2012, 4:36 PM
i got to make my first clean up today saw that mess and thought man we won't make a dent in this, got busy for a while wen't back to the car for some water and a break and looked out on the area, i could not beleive the change we had made in just an hour that contaner was a god sent we would have filled those pickups in no time what a great turnout if this could happen every 6-8 weeks we could keep up with it

Eat Dirt
08-25-2012, 4:49 PM
Well....The word " Thanks " sometimes just isn't enough

And today is one of those days . I can Not express how much everyones Hard work was appericated......................
The effort that was put forth was totally overwhelming ...
We Really amazed the BLM crowd and in doing so have made new friends in our efforts to keep places like this open

I can't guess on a total number of people there as it was ....One word Awesome !

If was like our " Field Of Dreams " Clean-Up
Post it ...And they will come ............................
The line of cars and trucks coming up the hill when we started Did Not Stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I felt like a Wal-Mart greeter ..Meeting people . Handing out supplies ,showing which area I needed people to go to .

From all the people that showed up from CalGuns
To people that read the article in the paper and just wanted to come out and help
And the shooters that were already there shooting ..We went over and told them about the clean up and they said "" Cool ..We'll help too ! ""
And I think the best ...A Korea War Veteran ...( Decorated Marksman ).A mear 84 years young was there for a couple hours .From the old pictures he showed me from and old worn out wallet ...I bet he could Kick some Cans in his younger days

We had people from . Corona . Norco. Ontario . Temecula And all parts in between

This was one Great Group of Americans that be can proud of a Job Well Done

:patriot:

Eat Dirt
08-25-2012, 5:06 PM
From the sign sheet we had I want to thank all that made this Happen
And especially ""Chknlyps "" Who made the BLM contacts that got the ball rolling on this

The Cast of Characters Include:::

Retired
Vintage Dug
JMLivingston
Boltmopar
EchoFourTango
BigMac1520
Chuckstine
Rob7.62
GordomWillams
KingFamous
PTRUnion
JoeM
Tongo
Shrum909
NastyNate
Adjuster760
StuckyFA
Rodburner
Fearkrew
Rob42
Zerorye351w
exbuffE-dub
Drabnor
Esheato

I hope I got everyone that was there

The Next time we do this :::::
There Will be an American Flag flying High on the Check-In spot !!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even had a showing by the CalGun Air Support :::::

Do We know how to throw a party or what ~!!!!!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/chopper.jpg

Drabnor
08-25-2012, 6:07 PM
^ I didnt see the sign in sheet, but sure had a great day cleaning the area. Amazing what a difference we all made today!

esheato
08-25-2012, 6:26 PM
^ I didnt see the sign in sheet, but sure had a great day cleaning the area. Amazing what a difference we all made today!

Same here.

Rightwinger
08-25-2012, 6:27 PM
Man what a day.. Just awesome seeing all the people out there today helping and working. Looks sooooo mush better.. Wife and I were going to stick around afterwards to do a little shooting ourselves but decided to head home as both of us were pretty whipped.. We're down for the next one. Getrrrr Done!:rockon:

VintageDUG
08-25-2012, 6:39 PM
Same here.

Just guessing, but I'm not sure that this large of a turnout was expected. At the Bee Canyon clean up it was easy to see who was there and make note of it.

Maybe we could designate a sign in place ahead of time and post it before hand?

EchoFourTango
08-25-2012, 6:41 PM
Was a good show

kingfamous
08-25-2012, 8:07 PM
That was a great turnout, what a difference we can make when we all do our part. Im glad that the word got out. Like EatDirt said, ,it's our field of dreams. Let's all do our part to keep it open. Really happy to see the BLM and the Rangers turn out. Thanks goodness for the 4 wheel drive, we spent the day around the back picking up and took out about 3 full loads to the dumpster. Special thanks to CalFire for doing what they do best.

Eat Dirt
08-25-2012, 8:32 PM
MORE PICTURES :::

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/011-3.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/002-6.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/022-1.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/024-1.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/021-2.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/chopper.jpg

Eat Dirt
08-25-2012, 8:34 PM
Korea Veteran ::

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/010-4.jpg

metalstorm999
08-25-2012, 9:35 PM
Awesome!!! the place looks great! Thank you everyone that contributed! Your hard work has really paid off. Wish I could have made it out with the Family, but I was stuck here at the shop doing transfers all day. This surely helped in keeping another great shooting area open! hopefully I'll make it on the next one.

ACO3
08-26-2012, 7:20 AM
Wow you guys did a great job. I have followed this forum for some time and never joined or precipitated. I’m a resident of this area (Less than 5 minutes away from the now called range) and have been shooting out here for over 20 years. I was getting really concerned seeing the amount of trash being left behind when everyone was coming out to this spot after all the talk and directions given on the internet. I thought there goes the neighborhood and one of my last local places to shoot. I did shoot the Rock Pile until Code got to them, and my good friend Bill passed away. What a delight to see you all pull together to get this done. The only thing that upsets me is that I was not there to help. You guys are absolutely incredible. Welcome to the neighborhood. I will forever be a huge fan and support Cal Guns in all its endeavors.

GordonLWilliams
08-26-2012, 9:36 AM
The grandson and I had a blast helping out.....and the 3 guys that helped us when we got our vehicle "hung up" on that mini rock....you are our NEW FRIENDS FOR LIFE...we would still be out there digging the Tacoma out without their help. Thanks....

I don't know how to post my photographs using Photobucket...but I do use Photo Story 3 and can send anyone the photographs....There were approx.
90...we narrowed it down to approximately 65 and if you furnish us a email address...we can "attach" and send the photographs back for viewing/information.

Can you believe those BLM personnel....Whoa! They were busting their buns and even the 2 BLM Rangers when the grandson and I took the first 2 loads down to the container...they put their gloves on and helped us unload.

So many CalGun personnel involved, BLM personnel and others.....that site probably never looked that good {EVER}....

I'm at GrandpaofTyler@aol.com if you wish to have the photographs sent for viewing.

Take care and good shooting {won't mention cleaning up--because the pictures show that we are EXPERTS in that category.

Gordon Williams

VintageDUG
08-26-2012, 9:56 AM
The grandson and I had a blast helping out.....and the 3 guys that helped us when we got our vehicle "hung up" on that mini rock....you are our NEW FRIENDS FOR LIFE...we would still be out there digging the Tacoma out without their help. Thanks....
Gordon Williams

My son Mike ran the Hi Lift and my buddy Matt helped kick the rock loose. I just sorta stood there with my sore back. Glad we could help.

Eat Dirt
08-26-2012, 9:59 AM
My son Mike ran the Hi Lift and my buddy Matt helped kick the rock loose. I just sorta stood there with my sore back. Glad we could help.

Ah Yes ...........Vintage Dug ........
The Man with the tools and equipment for Any Problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eat Dirt
08-26-2012, 10:10 AM
So many CalGun personnel involved, BLM personnel and others.....that site probably never looked that good {EVER}....

I'm at GrandpaofTyler@aol.com if you wish to have the photographs sent for viewing.

Take care and good shooting {won't mention cleaning up--because the pictures show that we are EXPERTS in that category.

Gordon Williams

Gordon ..............
That slideshow you did is Fantastic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It shows SO many people working on the area

I sent the E-Mail you sent me with the link to the slide show to the Press Enterprise reporter.
I talked to him on the phone yesterday evening and told him how Great the event went .And again thanked him for doing the story and that there were people there because they had read the story .
He said he wanted Pictures ...
I sent him a group of pics I had but nothing like yours
I just fowarded the E-Mail you sent me to him
I'm wondering if he will do a follow-up story ??????

Can you post a link here to your slideshow here so All can see?
It's Really something to see

NastyNate
08-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Glad to be a part of this. Yesterday was a good day, I brought my kids out for the clean up and then introduced them to the 9mm a few rifles and the gun community. Whether it be on the political or clean up front, when we pull together we make **** happen.

NastyNate
08-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Good meeting everyone that I did. Big ups to Eat Dirt and Chyckenlips for organizing this effort!

VintageDUG
08-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Videos are here -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30467211@N04/sets/72157631255882298/

retired
08-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Thank you chknlyps and Eat Dirt for organizing this event. Thanks to all of the people who came, whether from reading the article in the Press Enterprise, members of Calguns or shooters who were already there. You all did a fantastic job and you should be proud of yourselves!

It was a pleasure meeting the people from the BLM and as was mentioned, they pitched in and helped cleanup also. I know they were very happy so many people showed up to clean up the mess left by others.

Due to the soft dirt, I wasn't able to get up the hill and see what your hard work accomplished until the bulldozer packed down the dirt. I only regret I was unable to help with the actual clean up due to my back issues.

I saw the guy in the black pick up when he arrived and when he left in a hurry later on. I even commented to the Rangers, "I guess he didn't want to clean up," not knowing what he had done and why he was leaving so fast. Soon after I said that, the Ranger who was emptying his truck of trash, told his partner, "Fire," and they both took off up the hill. I am glad, as I know everyone is, that they caught the guy. As was stated by jlivingston and confirmed by the Ranger, he will be paying off that bill for a long time.:yes:

VintageDUG, thanks for getting a pic of my best side (that was me from the back by the dumpster taling to the Rangers. The cane was holding me up. lol)

VintageDUG
08-26-2012, 1:30 PM
The pics weren't mine. I just uploaded them.

bob7122
08-26-2012, 6:49 PM
was that korean war veteran named adams? if so he was my highschool teacher, looks like him. really nice man and very helpful.

boltmopar
08-26-2012, 6:56 PM
was that korean war veteran named adams? if so he was my highschool teacher, looks like him. really nice man and very helpful.

I didn't catch his name but he was a cool person to talk to. I was actually surprised to see so many people. .I was thinking thirty tops

Eat Dirt
08-26-2012, 7:32 PM
I didn't catch his name but he was a cool person to talk to. I was actually surprised to see so many people. .I was thinking thirty tops

I don't remember his name as he was one of the many that came out from reading the article in the paper / He did say he lives in west Hemet now.

Wjth the amout of people from the CalGuns list and thier family members and friends /// That was Wayyyyyy over 30 people right there ................

Eat Dirt
08-26-2012, 8:42 PM
Anyone else have some pictures to share ??

Rob42o
08-27-2012, 10:32 AM
I added more video to my photobucket album. Mostly of the Cal Fire chopper. Here it is as a Slideshow http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii590/PyroTekRob/CalGuns%20Aug%2025th%202012/?albumview=slideshow

VintageDUG
08-27-2012, 1:15 PM
The only pics I took were of my deuce straddling a valley out of fuel.

Contact Rep BLM PS
08-27-2012, 3:34 PM
CalGuns Clean-Up Crew, you all ROCK! I can't say enough for what you all have accomplished at Steele Peak Clean-up this last weekend. I am so proud and honored to know that there are folks like you who feel the same way I do about our open recreational areas. If we keep them clean, and respect our Public Lands they will be there for future generations to come, and to share this enthusiasm and your spirit with your children and their children, to respect what we have now and in the future, to insure there will always be a place where you can be free to enjoy our outdoor activities.
Please spread the word (Leave No Trace).

Sincerely,

Donna Chirello BLM Palm Springs, CA
:)

Eat Dirt
08-27-2012, 3:49 PM
CalGuns Clean-Up Crew, you all ROCK! I can't say enough for what you all have accomplished at Steele Peak Clean-up this last weekend. I am so proud and honored to know that there are folks like you who feel the same way I do about our open recreational areas. If we keep them clean, and respect our Public Lands they will be there for future generations to come, and to share this enthusiasm and your spirit with your children and their children, to respect what we have now and in the future, to insure there will always be a place where you can be free to enjoy our outdoor activities.

Sincerely,

Great to be appericated............Thanks
These CalGun people know how to roll up thier sleves and help when it is needed

I have already been asked about doing a BLM Clean-Up in the San Deigo area
A BLM area in Dulzura I'm told needs some help

chknlyps2
08-27-2012, 6:42 PM

Sincerely,

Thanks for the kind words Donna, and thank you and your office for all the help!

JoeM
08-30-2012, 9:37 PM
Had a great time! Thanks to whoever set up the Fire Suppression demo and the air show!

LOL!

Hay Vintage, was that your deuce and a half? That was nice to see. I've not driven one of those in ....years! Back when I was only an E4! Thanks for bringing that baby. She looked nice!

VintageDUG
08-30-2012, 9:51 PM
LOL!

Hay Vintage, was that your deuce and a half? That was nice to see. I've not driven one of those in ....years! Back when I was only an E4! Thanks for bringing that baby. She looked nice!

Yes it and it's broken fuel gage are mine.

rodburner
08-31-2012, 11:28 AM
I feel a little slighted here.http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/info/newsbytes/2012/525_extra-steele_peak0.html

NastyNate
08-31-2012, 11:34 AM
I feel a little slighted here.http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/info/newsbytes/2012/525_extra-steele_peak0.html

I wonder where they got 23 from?

jmlivingston
08-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Well, maybe that's how many they had at the March cleanup?

EchoFourTango
08-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Good point, we had way more people for our event. :cool:

NastyNate
08-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Well, maybe that's how many they had at the March cleanup?

Doh! I must have missed that!

Good point, we had way more people for our event. :cool:

yes we did, I dunno the exact figure but I would be willing to bet that it was at least double that.

rodburner
09-03-2012, 9:21 AM
My bad i did not notice the date on that thought it was our cleanup thats bad news that means two roll offs full in less than six months we need a regular shedule for this site i'll start using this site when the weather cools and do a little cleanup as i leave

Rob42o
09-03-2012, 12:16 PM
I am hoping to be able to get out there this coming weekend. Will post update photos and status. Unless someone beats me to it.

chknlyps2
09-03-2012, 3:20 PM
I am hoping to be able to get out there this coming weekend. Will post update photos and status. Unless someone beats me to it.

Great!, Please see if the Calguns signs are still standing.

VintageDUG
09-03-2012, 3:28 PM
I'll check the place out next week. I pick up a S&W M&P 15 ORC and a M&P 15-22 from metalstorm999+ aka Greg aka Counter Strike Firearms Monday at 0921 and plan on heading directly there to shoot. I'll try and take a few pics of the site to share.

Eat Dirt
09-03-2012, 3:29 PM
Great!, Please see if the Calguns signs are still standing.
I have 2 friends that were going there today
I was going to call them and ask them that very question

One sign is on a stuck in the ground stand
The other was nailed in the info sign

M1A_Girl
09-03-2012, 6:05 PM
Was out there Thursday, still pretty clean, and the calguns signs are still up. Hauled a box somebody left behind, hopefully it stays clean.

chknlyps2
09-03-2012, 7:57 PM
Was out there Thursday, still pretty clean, and the calguns signs are still up. Hauled a box somebody left behind, hopefully it stays clean.

Thank You, and welcome to Calguns!

M1A_Girl
09-06-2012, 1:07 PM
Was out there again yesterday, having a little family shoot, and comparing our new scar 17s, to my personal favorite M1A. Have to say both are pretty accurate guns, and defiantly a blast to shoot.
On a more important note, its still pretty clean out there, besides the one box, and parts of a manikin we hauled out. But seriously, people with shot guns, CLEAN UP!!!!!

http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii609/m1a_girl/66a55765.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii609/m1a_girl/1df19d33.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii609/m1a_girl/617671ed.jpg
http://i1262.photobucket.com/albums/ii609/m1a_girl/b851d79a.jpg

chknlyps2
09-06-2012, 3:31 PM
Man, thats a bunch of shotgun hulls already, They do need to pick up after they get done. That sucks.

SudoNoob
09-06-2012, 3:47 PM
Everytime I go, I bring extra trash bags and hand them out to other people there as a nice way to tell them to clean up after themselves. I started taking pictures of license plates in case I see them create trash and not clean it up, so I can send to the BLM officers but everyone I've seen cleans up after themselves.

chknlyps2
09-06-2012, 5:33 PM
Everytime I go, I bring extra trash bags and hand them out to other people there as a nice way to tell them to clean up after themselves. I started taking pictures of license plates in case I see them create trash and not clean it up, so I can send to the BLM officers but everyone I've seen cleans up after themselves.

It sucks that you have to baby sit other people or act like a cop but if these people continue to trash places like this eventually they will disappear.

Bigmac1520
09-06-2012, 8:05 PM
I was there for the cleanup and I was very disappointed at all the shot gun shells out there. Also some left over targets as well. I brought a rake out there and took home a trash bag full but I think if this keeps up there will be a problem. Also I noticed that someone shot the Calguns sign up on top. Some people just don't get it!

M1A_Girl
09-06-2012, 8:28 PM
I don't think its a matter of not getting, its a matter of ignorance and absolutely no respect. Its not that difficult to haul out what you bring, and its pretty sad that purple have to be told to clean up.

Rightwinger
09-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Looking to go out there this Saturday and shoot my new Ruger 30, I sure hope I don't see someone leaving behind there trash. I'll chase them down!!! Those of us that worked on the clean-up and others on different days, worked too hard to keep this range open just to have THUGS make a dump out of it again...Grrrrrr :ban:THEM

kentactic
09-07-2012, 8:08 AM
Looks like this cleanup has passed. Id gladly help on the next one just let me know when.

With that said im hard up for a spot to shoot. I use bee canyon but its closed for dry season. I always take back more trash then i came with. Directions would be much appreciated.

Rob42o
09-08-2012, 12:30 AM
Well my girlfriend and I went out today (Friday afternoon) sighted in the scopes on our .22's, and she shot her .308 a little. Still decently clean, I did not have a rake with me to get some of the shotgun shells, I will take it next weekend, and try to fill a few buckets up. Target trash was not that bad, there were some glass bottles all shot up.

The CalGun's sign on the entrance is still healthy and standing, the sign up the hill was shot up, an had been removed from its stand. I decided to bring it home so I can doctor it up, get it back connected with it's stand, and I will return it to the location next weekend. Shame some people just do not have any respect.

Here is how we found the sign:
http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii590/PyroTekRob/Steele%20Peak%209%207%202012/34b3644c.jpg

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii590/PyroTekRob/Steele%20Peak%209%207%202012/2016eebe.jpg

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii590/PyroTekRob/Steele%20Peak%209%207%202012/dace532a.jpg

And if you want to see some photos of us shooting up there having a good time. here is a link to the album http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii590/PyroTekRob/Steele%20Peak%209%207%202012/ My camera takes burst shots, and I am tired so I just uploaded everything :)

Eat Dirt
09-08-2012, 1:21 AM
Ouch That Hurts ...........
They don't give those things out for free !!

The coins came out of my pocket to have those printed

I found one in Bee Canyon where someone had used The Bear in the sign for target pratice with a .22

Rob42o
09-08-2012, 9:08 AM
I figured since the shooter was a pretty bad shot. None of the lettering is really damaged and the message is still there. Once I get it attached to the stand again, it can be put back out.

Mp5marley
09-08-2012, 9:38 AM
I hate to confront someone if I can catch them in the act... It would be a lose/lose unless I tried very kind words...Even that, I am truly afraid of Ignorant people. I fear those the worst.... *sighhhh*

chknlyps2
09-08-2012, 12:26 PM
That sucks, Eat Dirt and I discussed placement of the sign and he put it there by the bush because we thought people would be less likely to shoot at it twards Maywood. It goes to show you can't second guess idiots

boltmopar
09-09-2012, 11:13 AM
It's still pretty clean I went there yesterday. There was just shotgun hulls on the ground but nothing big. Too bad people cant respect simple things, such as a sign.

Mp5marley
09-09-2012, 12:31 PM
who and what caused the fire? i saw the cool video buy a little confused about a truck and speeding away?

ZachT951
09-09-2012, 2:59 PM
i was there on friday and its still very clean, there were shotshells on the ground when we got there, i forgot to bring a rake and bag to clean up the area we shot but we picked up a bunch of trash that others had left and tossed it in the back of my truck, im deffinately going to bring a rake and trash bags next time, i did also notice that there was a new part that had recently burned, we went pretty far back there to shoot and also the roads are getting kinda bad, maybe we can get some one out there who has a small construction vehicle to help out with the terrain, other than that the area looked pretty good,

jmlivingston
09-09-2012, 3:40 PM
i was there on friday and its still very clean, there were shotshells on the ground when we got there, i forgot to bring a rake and bag to clean up the area we shot but we picked up a bunch of trash that others had left and tossed it in the back of my truck, im deffinately going to bring a rake and trash bags next time, i did also notice that there was a new part that had recently burned, we went pretty far back there to shoot and also the roads are getting kinda bad, maybe we can get some one out there who has a small construction vehicle to help out with the terrain, other than that the area looked pretty good,

That was likely the burn area from the fire that happened the day of the cleanup. A bulldozer from Calfire actually went through with his blade dropped, and was the only reason some of the guys made it up the hill to the shooting spot from the lower parking area.

JoeM
09-09-2012, 5:07 PM
... if these people continue to trash places like this eventually they will disappear.

Um, ..you are talking about the disappearance of the "places" and not the "people", right? Right?

Bueller?

:D

JoeM
09-09-2012, 5:20 PM
A friend told me that he saw people out there yesterday (9-8-12) shooting in that flat area located real close to the road, just as you begin to drive up the dirt road.

Maybe we need a sign reminding people they must not shoot within 150 yards of the road. Is this something BLM Office should provide? I suspect they will reply that shooters are responsible to know the rules (true) and therefore they would see no reason to make and install a sign.

The way I see it, it wouldn't hurt posting signs like "Pick Up Your Trash!", and "No Shooting Within 150 Yards of the Road", and "You Muzzle Me Again and I'll Wrap That North American Arms Pistol Around Your Neck!"

chknlyps2
09-09-2012, 6:18 PM
Um, ..you are talking about the disappearance of the "places" and not the "people", right? Right?

Bueller?

:D

yes Yes :D

Mp5marley
09-09-2012, 7:56 PM
Can anyone please tell me how to get to this site? I PM'd two member and haven't heard back... Dying to go!!! Thanks in advance... PM me directions is fine too.

bigdawg86
09-12-2012, 10:54 AM
A friend told me that he saw people out there yesterday (9-8-12) shooting in that flat area located real close to the road, just as you begin to drive up the dirt road.

Maybe we need a sign reminding people they must not shoot within 150 yards of the road. Is this something BLM Office should provide? I suspect they will reply that shooters are responsible to know the rules (true) and therefore they would see no reason to make and install a sign.

The way I see it, it wouldn't hurt posting signs like "Pick Up Your Trash!", and "No Shooting Within 150 Yards of the Road", and "You Muzzle Me Again and I'll Wrap That North American Arms Pistol Around Your Neck!"

That was probably me and my buddy... Have people got kicked off that area before or is it just too close for comfort for a few people? I don't have a truck so if I even wanted to go shooting that's as far as my gaywad car would make it.

I was a good little calgunner I brought home a few extra abandoned targets and picked up some shotshells left behind.

KRUSTYTHECLOWN
09-13-2012, 8:13 AM
Well my girlfriend and I went out today (Friday afternoon) sighted in the scopes on our .22's, and she shot her .308 a little. Still decently clean, I did not have a rake with me to get some of the shotgun shells, I will take it next weekend, and try to fill a few buckets up. Target trash was not that bad, there were some glass bottles all shot up.

The CalGun's sign on the entrance is still healthy and standing, the sign up the hill was shot up, an had been removed from its stand. I decided to bring it home so I can doctor it up, get it back connected with it's stand, and I will return it to the location next weekend. Shame some people just do not have any respect.

Here is how we found the sign:
http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii590/PyroTekRob/Steele%20Peak%209%207%202012/34b3644c.jpg

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii590/PyroTekRob/Steele%20Peak%209%207%202012/2016eebe.jpg

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii590/PyroTekRob/Steele%20Peak%209%207%202012/dace532a.jpg

And if you want to see some photos of us shooting up there having a good time. here is a link to the album http://s1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii590/PyroTekRob/Steele%20Peak%209%207%202012/ My camera takes burst shots, and I am tired so I just uploaded everything :)

Wow! that's just wrong. I hate people that do s**t like that. :mad:

striker777
09-13-2012, 4:14 PM
I was out there with a buddy today and the place looks great hope it stays that way

Mp5marley
09-13-2012, 4:29 PM
I wanna shooot here so bad! was it hot today?

VintageDUG
09-15-2012, 8:48 AM
Going out there with friends and friends of friends this afternoon. After we clear any zombies I will put the youngsters to work raking up a few bagfuls of shells and trash. My back is still bothering me so I can't do much more than provide transportation, drinks, guns, ammo, tools and trash bags.

VintageDUG
09-15-2012, 6:10 PM
It was pretty clean when we were there today. We had a party of five with a large assortment of things to shoot. After an hour or so with three people on the firing line someone walked up and asked me if he could police our brass. WTF? It's over 100 outside and I didn't feel like stopping and watching him try clean up everything. I also didn't like the idea of someone unknown, who never even tried to introduce himself hanging around. Has anyone ever had this happen before? I just told him I was a reloader and he left.

We filled three bags with trash, mainly leftover from shotguns. As we were leaving we saw a group of guys unloading a dog house and a chrome oil pan. Two groups were right next to the road shooting at an angle away from the road. Looked very dangerous. There seems to be a lot of activity down where we had the dumpster because they can't make it up the hill.

Hopefully it stays clean.

boltmopar
09-15-2012, 9:27 PM
^^^

If it was a guy in a primer or grey dodge Dakota, he is there every day to haul way brass and other metal junk people leave their to recycle. Whe I was there a week ago he hauled away a wheel barrow and what looked like a swamp cooler someone ditched out there.

VintageDUG
09-15-2012, 10:22 PM
The guy was on foot with no vehicle that I could see. I wouldn't mind leaving our brass, but don't ninja up on me and then not even introduce yourself or anything. We have three tables of guns, wallets, keys, an iPod, etc, etc.

An intro, maybe a handshake and we would have left our brass. This dude acted like he wanted to police it while we were shooting.

boltmopar
09-15-2012, 10:26 PM
The guy was on foot with no vehicle that I could see. I wouldn't mind leaving our brass, but don't ninja up on me and then not even introduce yourself or anything. We have three tables of guns, wallets, keys, an iPod, etc, etc.

An intro, maybe a handshake and we would have left our brass. This dude acted like he wanted to police it while we were shooting.

I get what you are saying and could of phrased what I was saying better. I wasn't criticizing you just trying to see if it was the same guy I was talking about. He hangs back and waits till you are packing up. He even helped out at the clean up. I don't mind that guy, but like you said, it would be kind of weird to just have someone come up on you like that.

Eat Dirt
09-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Brass on the Ground !!

And I wasn't There ???

Ohhhhhhhh ....The Humanity !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VintageDUG
09-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Brass on the Ground !!

And I wasn't There ???

There is a chrome oil pan and a dog house waiting though.

VintageDUG
09-15-2012, 10:31 PM
I get what you are saying and could of phrased what I was saying better. I wasn't criticizing you just trying to see if it was the same guy I was talking about. He hangs back and waits till you are packing up. He even helped out at the clean up. I don't mind that guy, but like you said, it would be kind of weird to just have someone come up on you like that.

This guy had some wild white hair and beard. Didn't see his car and he didn't look like he was with any of the other groups.

boltmopar
09-15-2012, 10:32 PM
This guy had some wild white hair and beard. Didn't see his car and he didn't look like he was with any of the other groups.

Thats cool, different guy. Didin't want to come off sounding like a jerk.

boltmopar
09-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Brass on the Ground !!

And I wasn't There ???

Oh sorry. I don't reload .223 so it wasn't a big deal for me. Now the 41 magnum and my .38 brass is a different story.

VintageDUG
09-15-2012, 10:37 PM
We shot 223, 556, 9mm, 380, 45, 40 and some rimfire and shotgun.

boltmopar
09-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Cool, I always try to change it up. After the clean up I fired 7.62 nagant 32 H&r mag, amd 9mm. Last week I fired .357, .38, .41 mag and 223. I own enough guns to change it up. I mostly collect revlovers so I have plenty of 38/357.

EchoFourTango
09-15-2012, 10:45 PM
I have been up there once since the clean up, damn this long distance work.

boltmopar
09-15-2012, 10:47 PM
SUcks man, I am going this weekend.

EchoFourTango
09-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Nice

Sargeant Satan
09-20-2012, 9:58 AM
For all of you that go out and shoot on the BLM land in between Lake Elsinore and Perris(Steel Peak Reserve), the Fed Ranger that patrols the area is one of the major backers for the possibility of closing down the area for shooting. I have talked to him several times out there and he is tired of all the trash and targets being left behind from all the people shooting. If you want to keep it open, pick up your trash. It's pretty darn easy. Oh, and a heads up. He does spy with binoculars and writes down license plates to see what people are bringing out and what people are picking up. He will ticket you for littering. Just a warning. My friend got a $250 littering ticket. He's a grumpy old man, but he's just doing his job and trying to preserve the area. So let's make a good impression with BLM and keep it clean. BLM also has 2 volunteer days there a year for a huge cleanup with trash bins and all. KEEP IT CLEAN OR GO SHOOT OUT IN THE DESERT. DON'T F*CK UP MY LOCAL 1000 YARD PLUS AREA. I'M TIRED OF DRIVING TO THE DESERT.

VintageDUG
09-20-2012, 12:07 PM
Are you talking about the sight in Perris where we just worked with the rangers and loaded up a roll off dumpster full of someone else's trash? If so you're addressing the wrong d@mn crowd. We cleaned it. Did you read any of this CLEAN UP thread before you came in with your caps button all knotted up? This is six pages of posts about CLEANING the site and keeping it clean. The organizers have BLM ranger contacts and we know the current situation.

Do you think this thread is monitored by the people leaving the trash? Seriously - READ before you post.

M1A_Girl
09-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Yea, unfortantly the crowd that is leaving the the waste, wouldn't be here on Calguns looking at this forum. Its the idiots that don't know common safety with guns, and no respect for any land. Everytime we go, we also haul out more than we came with.

Nate
09-20-2012, 4:48 PM
For all of you that go out and shoot on the BLM land in between Lake Elsinore and Perris(Steel Peak Reserve), the Fed Ranger that patrols the area is one of the major backers for the possibility of closing down the area for shooting. I have talked to him several times out there and he is tired of all the trash and targets being left behind from all the people shooting. If you want to keep it open, pick up your trash. It's pretty darn easy. Oh, and a heads up. He does spy with binoculars and writes down license plates to see what people are bringing out and what people are picking up. He will ticket you for littering. Just a warning. My friend got a $250 littering ticket. He's a grumpy old man, but he's just doing his job and trying to preserve the area. So let's make a good impression with BLM and keep it clean. BLM also has 2 volunteer days there a year for a huge cleanup with trash bins and all. KEEP IT CLEAN OR GO SHOOT OUT IN THE DESERT. DON'T F*CK UP MY LOCAL 1000 YARD PLUS AREA. I'M TIRED OF DRIVING TO THE DESERT.

Did you actually read the thread?? :facepalm:

Mp5marley
09-20-2012, 7:24 PM
Hey, sorry to hear about the trash... I will be shooting here for first time very soon and I will document with pictures. I will bring large trash cans and everyone in my group will be raking and leaving the site cleaner than we arrived. I will post pictures... Let's start a neat and tidy clean shooting crew! I think it's a great idea if people see others cleaning, hopefully they will absorb our good habits...

VintageDUG
09-20-2012, 7:46 PM
There shouldn't be very much trash, because as this thread documents, we wroked with BLM rangers to load a roll off dumpster full. It look good last time I was out, though there might be a chrome oil pan and dog house if they guys I saw hauling it in left it.

Now I guess I better go out in the morning and check the place again. Oh and shoot.

VintageDUG
09-21-2012, 4:59 PM
Well it is starting to get dirty again. Sadly the shot up dog house is there and a lot more trash than I expected. It's worst down at the bottom of the hill. Folks with cars who can't make it up the hill pull a few feet off the road and start shooting. The bad part is they have to angle in away from the road and it creates a dangerous situation for those up the hill since they are basically shooting towards you at an angle. Ricochets can can up the hill and be deadly.

We talk to an old time local who was out mining brass and collecting cans (he gladly cleaned up our brass for us). He said it gets very dangerous on weekends and at nights there. I have no way to confirm this since those are the exact times I wouldn't be out there.

SudoNoob
09-22-2012, 1:16 AM
Well it is starting to get dirty again. Sadly the shot up dog house is there and a lot more trash than I expected. It's worst down at the bottom of the hill. Folks with cars who can't make it up the hill pull a few feet off the road and start shooting. The bad part is they have to angle in away from the road and it creates a dangerous situation for those up the hill since they are basically shooting towards you at an angle. Ricochets can can up the hill and be deadly.

We talk to an old time local who was out mining brass and collecting cans (he gladly cleaned up our brass for us). He said it gets very dangerous on weekends and at nights there. I have no way to confirm this since those are the exact times I wouldn't be out there.

Here's a sample pic:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8174/8011119406_3f90197b99.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/30467211@N04/8011119406/)

The rest are here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30467211@N04/sets/72157631592890950/with/8011119406/

Seeing this pisses me off to no end! I wish the BLM Rangers/Officers had more time to hide in the bushes and fine every single one of these bastards to the point they just stop coming cuz it's not worth it to them anymore. Thanks for the update VintageDUG

Mp5marley
09-22-2012, 6:41 AM
Aw. Sad. You guys did a lot of work to see this crap. Looks like dumping?

VintageDUG
09-22-2012, 7:59 AM
That's not dumping. They are former targets.

kruse44
09-22-2012, 11:45 AM
I disagree that looks like a dumped pile. It might have been shot at but that a trash pile.... Catch the dumpers not punish the shooters

VintageDUG
09-22-2012, 11:47 AM
I guess we agree to disagree. I was there (which is how I took the pic). The wind blows the trash into that bush where it collects.

kruse44
09-22-2012, 11:51 AM
I was told the gates from 74 are locked now can anyone confirm this?

NastyNate
09-22-2012, 3:07 PM
I was told the gates from 74 are locked now can anyone confirm this?

I hope this isn't the case. I was planning on heading out there tomorrow to zero some rifles and was gonna ask if anyone wanted to tag along.

Has anyone tried to head out there yesterday or today and can confirm the gates being locked?

10TRD4x4
09-22-2012, 3:13 PM
Went up there today. Brand new gate installed next to a draw. Locked tight.

NastyNate
09-22-2012, 5:06 PM
Went up there today. Brand new gate installed next to a draw. Locked tight.

NOOOO! I wonder what happened. I thought we were good to go after the cleanup?

NastyNate
09-22-2012, 5:10 PM
Was this gate on the road that leads up to the site? Was it after the maywood shooting club?

vtrigger77
09-22-2012, 7:07 PM
so is it closed for good?

Eat Dirt
09-22-2012, 7:12 PM
Now hold on ........
Here's what was posted

I was told the gates from 74 are locked

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now ,,,,,, If you looked at Goggle earth ...It looks like there is another way in from Hwy 74 / dirt roads
I think that is what is being refered to

Also most people come there off Ellis ...Ect to Christmass tree lane
Correct ????

VintageDUG
09-22-2012, 7:36 PM
I didn't know there are multiple ways in.

10TRD4x4
09-22-2012, 8:47 PM
I came in off the 74 this morning. There is a brand new gate erected by a draw or ditch before the first electrical tower.

NastyNate
09-22-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm gonna go in the other way, 74/Ellis?Christmas Tree Ln.

Hopefully they don't have this route blocked off also.