PDA

View Full Version : Official Perris BLM Land Clean-Up Site // New date SEPT 19, 8AM

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

SanPedroShooter
09-23-2012, 9:22 AM
I have never been in on 74, but there are few ways in there. I come from the north/ west so I come in off Santa Rosa mine.

Maybe call the BLM. Anyone that goes out there today, we would appreciate an update.

boltmopar
09-23-2012, 11:11 AM
I went yesterday morning and came from christmas tree ln. There was no gate from that direction. The trash is kind of building up, but not like before, it is only a matter of time. i took what I brought and more. You know, because I don't want Sgt Satan getting mad at me:rolleyes:

vtrigger77
09-23-2012, 5:24 PM
i think this is right by my sisters house lol i know my brother inlaws boss wich is also a friend of the family owns a lot of land out there. maybe he can let us shoot arround lol

NastyNate
09-23-2012, 7:54 PM
the 74/Ellis/Christmas Tree Ln route is open. I was out there today and talked to a Ranger, said there are no plans to close it down as of yet. It is however, looking like this place could use another cleaning.

boltmopar
09-23-2012, 8:05 PM
the 74/Ellis/Christmas Tree Ln route is open. I was out there today and talked to a Ranger, said there are no plans to close it down as of yet. It is however, looking like this place could use another cleaning.

I'm down for another clean up. Maybe towards the end of October or November?

chadface
09-23-2012, 9:25 PM
I was out there today as well. No gate from Ellis/Christmas Tree. There was some trash from targets and dumping but I don't know what it was like before so I can't say if it was better or worse. I filled up a couple of trash bags but it didn't seem to make a difference.

I am down for a clean up day as well. I think if we make a presence cleaning up the trash, people will be too scared to dump there.

Rightwinger
09-23-2012, 10:00 PM

Thanks for the info Nate! I went away for the weekend so I wasn't around. But next time you want a shooting buddy or someone to help dial in your scope PM me.

I believe BLM is already planning another clean-up in November. (chycknlips - hope I spelled that right or eatdirt). Might have more info on the exact date.

I was out there today as well. No gate from Ellis/Christmas Tree. There was some trash from targets and dumping but I don't know what it was like before so I can't say if it was better or worse. I filled up a couple of trash bags but it didn't seem to make a difference.

I am down for a clean up day as well. I think if we make a presence cleaning up the trash, people will be too scared to dump there.

Good to see/hear clean-up is still taking place. I'd go out and do some picking-up and break-in a new AR while I'm at it.

Eat Dirt
09-24-2012, 6:49 PM
The following message is from " Vintage Dug "

Went out again today (hey I'm retired - I got time). At first there was 3-4 vehicles with 10 shooters total spread out on the hill. No one down below near the road. As we were looking for a space one truck on the far end (in the direction of the great fire, before it dips down) left so we set up there. As we were shooting everyone cleared out, taking their trash with them. (yeah I'm that nosy)

While reloading we heard plenty of high powered shots coming from down by the road. When we left there were three TRUCKS and one car all set up with shooting tables, ez ups, etc. All near the road. Complete dumbazzes.

We took as much trash as we could hold. Some super smart shooter used small sized baby powder bottles as targets (full). I picked them all up while I wondered what his high school gpa might be.

There was an older lady mining brass and she said if we left ours she would clean it up for us. I didn't see her when we left and I was tempted to rake it and trash it, but we chanced it and left it. We shot no steel or shotguns today so it was a simple matter to load our targets and other peoples trash and leave.

No idea where this gate might be. It's not the way I come in.

chknlyps2
09-24-2012, 7:02 PM
I believe BLM is already planning another clean-up in November. (chycknlips - hope I spelled that right or eatdirt). Might have more info on the exact date.

I will try to call BLM in the next day or 2 and see what they think

vtrigger77
09-24-2012, 8:41 PM
im in on the clean up guys just let me know when.

SanPedroShooter
09-25-2012, 7:51 AM
Which 'down by the road' are people talking about? Down by Maywood club Rd? Where you turn off to go up the hill?

VintageDUG
09-25-2012, 8:47 AM
Which 'down by the road' are people talking about? Down by Maywood club Rd? Where you turn off to go up the hill?

The flat open area at the bottom of the the main hill. It is too close to the road to legally shoot there. And because the shooter have to angle their shots to have any short of backstop, ricochets often fly right towards those who are in the legal area.

SanPedroShooter
09-25-2012, 8:56 AM
The flat open area at the bottom of the the main hill. It is too close to the road to legally shoot there. And because the shooter have to angle their shots to have any short of backstop, ricochets often fly right towards those who are in the legal area.

Thats what I thought. I dont shoot at the cleanup spot, I keep going a few hundred yards where the road makes sharp right turn and then make an immediate left, go down the dirt road a couple hundred yards and shoot there.

I have always shot there. I used to go furthur, but the BLM put 'wildlife conservation from this point' signs. I have seen the rangers out there and never had any problems. I have been shooting there frequently since Rockpile closed.

If the shooters at the clean up spot are shooting at 9 oclock, the other spot is about 6 oclock with the mountin inbetween. As near as I can figure, the dirt track itself is not BLM land, but by Google Earth measurement, the BLM land starts about 150/200 yards up the hill.

http://www.geocommunicator.gov/blmMap/MapLSIS.jsp

SanPedroShooter
09-25-2012, 9:19 AM
I take a rake and heavy duty trash bags and try and clean up that area too.

The scavengers get the brass and metal, its plastic shotshells and paper/wood trash that are the problem.

VintageDUG
09-25-2012, 9:29 AM
I'm such an uptight clean freak that I won't even leave brass unless I've talked to someone who says they will clean it. I would hate to leave a pile of it only to have a ranger see it before it gets scavenged.

I've never continued any farther than the clean up area since my crew cab is only 2wd. That's a lonely place with no cell service to get stuck.

SanPedroShooter
09-25-2012, 9:37 AM
I'm such an uptight clean freak that I won't even leave brass unless I've talked to someone who says they will clean it. I would hate to leave a pile of it only to have a ranger see it before it gets scavenged.

I've never continued any farther than the clean up area since my crew cab is only 2wd. That's a lonely place with no cell service to get stuck.

Its funny that you say that...

I see someone get stuck just about every other time. Its either sandy or muddy.

I saw a full size tow truck get stuck trying to pull out another truck that got stuck... I didnt stay to see the third truck that came to pull out the other two...

I take all my brass as a reloader, but I have seen scavengers up there. They seem to be good at getting all the metal leaving all the paper/plastic and wood trash behind. Its like a human magnet. I always try and take out as much trash as I can fit. Its never as bad as the other spot, everyone seems to cluster over there.

M1A_Girl
09-25-2012, 10:01 AM
VintageDug,
I believe you were out there at the same time as us. as we were leaving, the guys down by the road were there, what doesn't make any sense is they had trucks, no reason to not drive up to the mountain, even the car drive up earlier that morning, but then went back down.

Sargeant Satan
09-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Yes, I read the thread before hand. I was just saying in general for people that may read what I put. No need to get angry. We pickup what we take out and I am just informing some misinformed people that may stumble on this thread and read every ones posts that maybe the thought of it shutting down or a fine might stick in their head to not litter. We are all on the same page here. My friend learned the hard way on his first ever trip out there and got a ticket for littering.

Sargeant Satan
09-25-2012, 10:38 AM

A 2 wheel drive truck will get you anywhere out at Steale Peak

SanPedroShooter
09-25-2012, 11:01 AM
A 2 wheel drive truck will get you anywhere out at Steale Peak

Ha ha, just dont leave the road...

The majority of people I see stuck, three plus a tow truck this year, lose it when they try and flip a ***** when they are leaving for the day.

I have an AWD Subaru wagon, not exactly an off road wonder car, I can get anywhere in the neighborhood. I have seen a guy in M3 beemer up there and a mini van on the same day.

VintageDUG
09-25-2012, 1:00 PM
My little truck is a 2wd 08 GMC crew cab with that heavy Duramax in the front. The rear is light so it doesn't like loose traction situations, even with the locker in the back. If I had 600-800 pounds in the bed it would go anywhere.

I just carry the Hi Lift and hope for the best.

M1A_Girl
09-25-2012, 1:05 PM
Our back tires start to lose traction in the soft dirt, but wemake it up just fine. AWD, acura Mdx

adjuster760
09-25-2012, 3:32 PM
Was just up there this morning with my wife and little brother. This was my 3rd time out there since the cleanup and really it doesn't look to bad at the main spot at the top of the hill. Just tons of shotgun shells grrrr. I up about 10 times more than i shot but couldn't get much cuz i was in the subaru. About a week ago i was further in and noticed the big junk has started build up again

FearKrew
09-25-2012, 4:13 PM
I was up Saturday and so bummed to see that all the hard work we put is still getting trashed

We take everything that we bring plus I took a few of the wood piles That somebody else left

speeedracerr
09-26-2012, 4:10 AM
Believe it or not... We always take our Nissan Maxima and always make it up the hill, granted it is tough, but with a little patients it will make it. :)

chknlyps2
09-26-2012, 8:52 AM
Date for new cleanup is set October 20th at 8:30am.... more details when I get home from work.

boltmopar
09-26-2012, 10:32 AM
^^
Count me in.

chknlyps2
09-26-2012, 7:19 PM
Cleanup Saturday October 20 at 8:30 AM
Please add your name to the list and bump it up

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2

---------------------------------

BLM wants to clean a little farther in than we did before, they will be bringing 3 4x4 trucks to haul stuff to the dumpster because the road is a little rough back there.

I asked about the gate and the person I talked to knew nothing of it. She said the county has habitat land that connects to BLM land and they might have gated the access off to keep people out, she is checking on it.

vtrigger77
09-26-2012, 7:34 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
3. vtrigger77

VintageDUG
09-26-2012, 7:35 PM

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
3. VintageDUG and crew

---------------------------------

BLM wants to clean a little farther in than we did before, they will be bringing 3 4x4 trucks to haul stuff to the dumpster because the road is a little rough back there.

I asked about the gate and the person I talked to knew nothing of it. She said the county has habitat land that connects to BLM land and they might have gated the access off to keep people out, she is checking on it.

Eat Dirt
09-26-2012, 8:33 PM
I'm IN .................

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
3. VintageDUG and crew
4. Eat Dirt

This should be a Nice Long List
24 days and counting down !

VintageDUG
09-26-2012, 8:40 PM
Corrected list. Me and vtrigger77 must have posted at the same time.

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
3. VintageDUG and crew
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77

Dan000
09-27-2012, 12:54 AM
I'll be there, same as last time.

No truck this time, will be driving my lowered acura and walk my *** to the site lol

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
3. VintageDUG and crew
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000

adjuster760
09-27-2012, 5:33 AM
1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
3. VintageDUG and crew
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000
7. Adjuster760 -- 4x4 truck

socalnative
09-27-2012, 1:27 PM

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
3. VintageDUG and crew
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000
8. socalnative -- 4x4 truck

VintageDUG
09-27-2012, 6:57 PM

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
3. VintageDUG and crew -- 6x6 M35A2 & 4x4 truck
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000

VintageDUG
09-28-2012, 8:51 AM
Today's email brings -

Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:50 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Volunteer opportunity - Steele Peak cleanup, Saturday October 20th from 8:30am to noon

Hello,

You are receiving this email because you have expressed interest in volunteering for BLM. If you would like to be removed from the mailing list, please reply back to this email.

On Saturday, October 20th from 8:30am to noon, BLM in cooperation with Calguns.net will be hosting a volunteer cleanup event at Steele Peak. This round of cleanup will concentrate on areas further down the road from the main shooting area that was cleaned up in August. Please refer to the attachment for specific details on when and where to meet, what to bring, etc.

Thank you for supporting your public lands!

Jennifer Taylor
Wilderness / Volunteer Coordinator
BLM Palm Springs-South Coast Field Office
1201 Bird Center Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262

taylorj16
09-28-2012, 12:18 PM
You guys did such a great job in August, we would like to keep the ball rolling! There are a few areas down the road from the main shooting site that have become trashed over the past few years. October's cleanup will concentrate on these back areas (as well as any trash that can be picked up at the main site).

We hope to see you there! :D
Jennifer Taylor, BLM

Drabnor
09-28-2012, 12:30 PM
I'll be there!

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000
9. Drabnor

GordonLWilliams
09-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Grandson and I will be there again to assist...

Eat Dirt
09-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Drabnor

NICE !!!!

Any more of those Great Trash cans you had before ???

Drabnor
09-28-2012, 1:03 PM
Drabnor

NICE !!!!

Any more of those Great Trash cans you had before ???

should be able to get a couple at least, will do my best!

chknlyps2
09-28-2012, 7:25 PM

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000
9. Drabnor
10. GordonLWilliams and grandson

Mikespeed
09-29-2012, 11:07 PM
Count me as tentative,... I'll say 80% sure ill make it. If I do go, I might need to bum a ride up the hill,...

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000
9. Drabnor
11. Mikespeed

rodburner
09-30-2012, 2:52 PM
I would like to make this but thats opening day for Quail i will be at MNP that weekend

chknlyps2
09-30-2012, 3:04 PM
I would like to make this but thats opening day for Quail i will be at MNP that weekend

Man, I knew there was something with the Oct 20th date when I talked to Jennifer about it...... I kept thinking oct 20th, I know there is something but I cant put my finger in it. Well at least we will be finishing around noon or a little later and I can make it home for the evening hunt.

Drabnor
10-01-2012, 2:35 PM
Was just out here on Sunday, it actually isn't in that bad of shape. A few leftover target clusters. But overall still very decent. We should be able to make short work of it!

Only the one CalGuns sign at the entrance is still there...

VintageDUG
10-02-2012, 2:03 PM
If you left this sh*t out at Perris -

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8031/8048422548_7c68016443.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/30467211@N04/8048422548/)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8451/8048422324_3850400eaa.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/30467211@N04/8048422324/)

I took it!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8453/8048416663_28d2131fce.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/30467211@N04/8048416663/)

See Waste Management in Corona to get it back.

VintageDUG
10-02-2012, 2:06 PM
In my humble opinion it is quickly getting worse. Mainly by the illegal shooting area near the road. I pulled out what I could, but I'm rolling with a blown disc in my back and can't get much at one time. My only solution is to go out and shoot more often to help clean up more trash.

Looking forward to the next one.

mrprazor
10-02-2012, 4:25 PM
Hi everyone I would love to my part and help out cleaning a area for some good shooting can I get directions please

Eat Dirt
10-02-2012, 4:44 PM
Hi everyone I would love to my part and help out cleaning a area for some good shooting can I get directions please

P M Sent

Bigmac1520
10-02-2012, 7:07 PM
Getting my right knee replaced on the 11th. I'm going out this friday and will bring a few trash bag out with me.

Dave

edwardfa
10-03-2012, 3:44 PM
I would like to help out...can someone please pm directions please.

Mp5marley
10-03-2012, 9:43 PM
I will be there this weekend for the first time so let's hear it! Tell me what not to do!!!!!
1. I will shoot far from the road, will 2x4 up past 1st hill
2. bring rakes to clean my mess
3. take home as much crap as my little truck can haul
4. shoot towards hillside, away from people.
5. pick up my shells,
6. can I leave brass?

Lets hear! I want to print out common sense rules for my friends that are coming too, it's easier for me to say " CG Rules" in case my friends are retarded...

VintageDUG
10-03-2012, 10:02 PM
I will be there this weekend for the first time so let's hear it! Tell me what not to do!!!!!
5. pick up my shells,
6. can I leave brass?

Lets hear! I want to print out common sense rules for my friends that are coming too, it's easier for me to say " CG Rules" in case my friends are retarded...

I make it up the hill with my 2 x 4 GMC crewcab, but I have to go up the center. The left and right are too sandy.

Cleaning up your mess is the right idea.

I always take as much as I can. If you do to - great!

Shooting at a hill/backstop and not at people is another great idea.

Pick up your shells and any steel cases.

I leave my brass because I have seen 3 or 4 people out there collecting it at different times. It won't last long.

Enjoy yourself.

chknlyps2
10-03-2012, 10:03 PM
5. pick up my shells,
6. can I leave brass?

You about covered it..... well if you put your name on the list for the 20th you would have it all covered :D

I would say you could leave brass, people will pick that up pretty quick, they will not pick up steel casses, shot up targets or shot gun hulls.

KRUSTYTHECLOWN
10-04-2012, 9:28 AM
I'll be there on the 20th. with the Wife and my Two Teenage kids. Is there a form that I need to fill out for the Young ones?

Thank You and looking forward to meeting you all.

adjuster760
10-04-2012, 9:40 AM
BLM will probably want u to fill out a form for the kids. Jennifer will bring some to the cleanup

KRUSTYTHECLOWN
10-04-2012, 9:47 AM
BLM will probably want u to fill out a form for the kids. Jennifer will bring some to the cleanup

Thank You

shakatak
10-04-2012, 2:20 PM
Hello All

Never been out to this area to shoot, however its sounds close to home, so
I'd like to help, but need directions.

Thanks

chknlyps2
10-04-2012, 5:09 PM
October 20 Clean Up 8:30 AM
Please Add Your Name To The List And Bump It Up

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000
9. Drabnor
11. Mikespeed
12. mrprazor
13. edwardfa
14. KRUSTYTHECLOWN, Wife and kids
15. shakatak

When I get home later I will PM some directions to the ones that need it.

Krusty, here is the form incase you want to fill it out before you get there http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ca/pdf/palmsprings/volunteer.Par.70166.File.dat/OF301%20-%20Steele%20Peak.pdf

Thank You All For Volunteering!

ROOS_HAPPENS
10-05-2012, 8:46 AM
I'd be happy to help, too. I've shot out at the Rockpile years ago, and I know access is somewhere down the Christmas Tree Lane - Maywood Club Road, but I'm gonna need directions too.
How bad is the access road? 2wd Tacoma gonna make it?

VintageDUG
10-05-2012, 9:09 AM
I'd be happy to help, too. I've shot out at the Rockpile years ago, and I know access is somewhere down the Christmas Tree Lane - Maywood Club Road, but I'm gonna need directions too.
How bad is the access road? 2wd Tacoma gonna make it?

I get my nose heavy 2wd GMC crewcab in there just fine.

Rightwinger
10-05-2012, 1:47 PM
Okay Guys, Looks like I'll be missing this one. That's the same day as the: "Fall Fling" - All MOPAR car & swap meet in Van Nuys, Ca.. I Look to be out there tomorrow so if there's anything I can put in the back of the truck I will...

Mp5marley
10-06-2012, 7:18 PM
Tommorow is my big day there! Will be in Lifted Tacoma and Mini Cooper over the hill.

VintageDUG
10-06-2012, 7:20 PM
Your Mini might not be over the hill. :) EDIT - I stand corrected. It did much better than my crew cab. Well done!

I'll be out there Sunday morning in a Grey GMC crewcab and my buddies white Ford 4 x 4.

mrprazor
10-06-2012, 9:08 PM
what time are you guy's going to be out there? maybe Ill come check it out?

chknlyps2
10-06-2012, 9:27 PM
what time are you guy's going to be out there? maybe Ill come check it out?

8:30 AM Oct 20 is the date and time. On post 300 above I thought you were going to come so I added your name on post 311. I talked to Eat Dirt on the phone and he said he already sent you directions via PM.

Please join us, it is rewarding to see how good the place looks when we are done.

Here is the list again.

***October 20 Clean Up 8:30 AM***
1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000
9. Drabnor
11. Mikespeed
12. mrprazor
13. edwardfa
15. shakatak

Mp5marley
10-07-2012, 7:40 AM
leaving corona in few minutes... cya anyone here...
We're in a toyota tacoma, wearing blue shirt!

Nate
10-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Tommorow is my big day there! Will be in Lifted Tacoma and Mini Cooper over the hill.

I was just out there this morning around 8am. I did see a mini going past , it looks like it made it ok.

When I got there, a GMC crew cab got into a little trouble going up the first hill(heavy truck). He got stuck in the small ditch to the right of the entrance as he was backing down. Was able to give him a hand and get him out.

The first hill is pretty rutted and a lot of soft sand/ silt.

I wish I could make the clean up, but will be out of town.

Mp5marley
10-07-2012, 3:18 PM
I was shocked our Mini Countrymen made it, LOL! we didin't want to shoot near the road so we egged him on.... We cleaned and bagged as much as we could but DAMN! there was a lot of stuff, tires, surf boards left behind... I think I will have to join you guys on the 20th.... The dirt was soft going up...

VintageDUG
10-07-2012, 3:49 PM
I was just out there this morning around 8am. I did see a mini going past , it looks like it made it ok.

When I got there, a GMC crew cab got into a little trouble going up the first hill(heavy truck). He got stuck in the small ditch to the right of the entrance as he was backing down. Was able to give him a hand and get him out.

The first hill is pretty rutted and a lot of soft sand/ silt.

I wish I could make the clean up, but will be out of town.

Thanks for the tow brother! That crew cab is so light in the rear she doesn't get any traction.

My buddy showed up just as you pulled me out so I tied off to him and made it up the hill without any further problems.

I used to be able to go up the center with no trouble, but it's worn into a sandy mess now.

I guess I'll have to bring the big truck from now on.

On another note, there was a huge crowd down by the road shooting when we left. At least ten cars or trucks. We were getting ricochets up at our spot from them though out the morning. We saw a sheriff's car leaving the area when we were and no one was packing up down there so I guess it's ok to shoot that close to the road?

Again - thanks for the Calguns tow support. Saved us from working the high lift or waiting on my buddy.

Nate
10-07-2012, 6:46 PM
Thanks for the tow brother! That crew cab is so light in the rear she doesn't get any traction.

My buddy showed up just as you pulled me out so I tied off to him and made it up the hill without any further problems.

I used to be able to go up the center with no trouble, but it's worn into a sandy mess now.

I guess I'll have to bring the big truck from now on.

On another note, there was a huge crowd down by the road shooting when we left. At least ten cars or trucks. We were getting ricochets up at our spot from them though out the morning. We saw a sheriff's car leaving the area when we were and no one was packing up down there so I guess it's ok to shoot that close to the road?

Again - thanks for the Calguns tow support. Saved us from working the high lift or waiting on my buddy.

No worries. One day, I may need the help.

I did see all the cars at the entrance. I also notice a group that hiked in and left their cars by the street.

Is it me, or do people up their not like to call cease fire to set targets. There was a group that was there before us that would just walk out to set targets while everyone was still shooting. Then when every one stopped to set targets, people were down range still, they would start shooting again.

I'm glad they left fairly early. The group that came after them were much better and relayed the cease fire down the line.

Mp5marley
10-07-2012, 9:31 PM
I saw a truck with a tow line still attached.. Must be spot #1 or #2.... We went to spot #3 or #4.. Nice and quiete.... Is it legal to shoot near the road? I thought 150 Yards with Minimum... Oh well..

Fundamentals
10-08-2012, 12:27 PM
1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000
9. Drabnor
11. Mikespeed
12. mrprazor
13. edwardfa
15. shakatak
16. Fundamentals & Casket

VintageDUG
10-08-2012, 12:44 PM
I saw a truck with a tow line still attached.. Must be spot #1 or #2.... We went to spot #3 or #4.. Nice and quiete.... Is it legal to shoot near the road? I thought 150 Yards with Minimum... Oh well..

Yeah, we left it on for ****s and grins.

I didn't know the spots were numbered.

chknlyps2
10-08-2012, 4:58 PM
I think I will have to join you guys on the 20th....

Is that a confirmed yes? :D

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000
9. Drabnor
11. Mikespeed
12. mrprazor
13. edwardfa
15. shakatak
17. Mp5marley

henlybenderson
10-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Well, I'm new around here and won't actually be in town for this next cleanup, but I want to keep track of this thread and future clean ups (and also actually figure out where this area is located...) I think its great that as a group Calguns is cleaning sites like this and thus helping to keep them open!

chknlyps2
10-13-2012, 9:38 PM
I just sent PM's to 30+ people that showed intrest in, or were at the last clean up to see if we could get some names added to the list for the 20th.

Here is a reminder from the BLM volunteer page.

Gloves and some tools will be provided, but quantities are limited, so volunteers are encouraged to bring their own supplies as well. These should include personal safety supplies such as sunscreen, hat, gloves, closed-toed shoes, lunch, etc. Light snacks and drinks will be provided.

Last time they had trash bags also but it would not hurt if any of you had a few to bring also.

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000
9. Drabnor
11. Mikespeed
12. mrprazor
13. edwardfa
15. shakatak
17. Mp5marley

Mp5marley
10-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Hi chk, so sorry as I won't be able to assist that day. Next go around.

chknlyps2
10-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Hi chk, so sorry as I won't be able to assist that day. Next go around.

Thanks for the heads up, see you next time.

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000
9. Drabnor
11. Mikespeed
12. mrprazor
13. edwardfa
15. shakatak

bob7122
10-14-2012, 10:26 AM
I would like to volunteer, BUT I need to know if my car (Honda Fit) can make it to the spot, does anybody want to carpool that is going from anaheim/garden grove area, can I meet somebody as close as We can to the clean up area and carpool the rest of the way there?

chknlyps2
10-14-2012, 11:35 AM
I would like to volunteer, BUT I need to know if my car (Honda Fit) can make it to the spot, does anybody want to carpool that is going from anaheim/garden grove area, can I meet somebody as close as We can to the clean up area and carpool the rest of the way there?

Your car will make it all the way to where the dumpster will be (pavement all the way) and then catch a ride the next 1000 or so feet to where we will be cleaning. You could ride back and forth to the dumpster to unload and then get things from your car (food, water) as needed. Many people parked there last clean up.

bob7122
10-14-2012, 1:51 PM
Your car will make it all the way to where the dumpster will be (pavement all the way) and then catch a ride the next 1000 or so feet to where we will be cleaning. You could ride back and forth to the dumpster to unload and then get things from your car (food, water) as needed. Many people parked there last clean up.Thanks for the heads up, see you next time.

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000
9. Drabnor
11. Mikespeed
12. mrprazor
13. edwardfa
15. shakatak
17. bob7122

sweet! i will definitely be there. can you please PM me the address so i can plug it in to my GPS.

VintageDUG
10-14-2012, 6:35 PM
Small change - my friend with the 4 x 4 dropped out, but I replaced him woth three others in a mini van.

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
3. VintageDUG and crew -- 6x6 M35A2
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000
9. Drabnor
11. Mikespeed
12. mrprazor
13. edwardfa
15. shakatak
17. bob7122

CouchIsland.com
10-16-2012, 12:00 AM

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000
9. Drabnor
11. Mikespeed
12. mrprazor
13. edwardfa
15. shakatak
17. bob7122
18. CouchIsland.com & My Girl

Let me know directions and I'll be bringing my little pathfinder. I have a strong neo deo magnet/bag rig to pick up steel cases.

Eat Dirt
10-16-2012, 7:19 AM
Info sent to 'Couchisland'

We are getting a nice list together for this event

Eat Dirt
10-16-2012, 8:47 PM
The " List" is getting a Nice group of people together

How many are staying for 'Plinking' afterwards

VintageDUG
10-17-2012, 7:58 AM
My crew will be stay to plink. That's their "payment". Well that and they get service hours for school and scouts. So they are getting a really good deal IMHO.

KRUSTYTHECLOWN
10-17-2012, 12:38 PM
My crew will be stay to plink. That's their "payment". Well that and they get service hours for school and scouts. So they are getting a really good deal IMHO.

Same here :D

Drabnor
10-17-2012, 12:50 PM
We'll be staying to plink

Fundamentals
10-17-2012, 1:49 PM
Casket & I will most likely stay to plink, if the weather is nice. :)

Eat Dirt
10-17-2012, 5:18 PM
We'll be staying to plink

Most Excellent !!!!!!!!!!!

I've got a 'Few' classic's since the last time I haven't even shot yet ...................

chknlyps2
10-17-2012, 8:41 PM

My son had to do community service hours for a class he had last year. He was able to use hours from 3 Bee Canyon clean ups he helped with.

Talked to BLM yesterday and dumpster should be there friday and they will be bringing trash bags and a few rakes & tools, might not be a bad idea if a couple of you guys that had rakes could bring them. Please remember to bring gloves.

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000
9. Drabnor
11. Mikespeed
12. mrprazor
13. edwardfa
15. shakatak
17. bob7122

New Shooter II
10-17-2012, 8:47 PM

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000
9. Drabnor
11. Mikespeed
12. mrprazor
13. edwardfa
15. shakatak
17. bob7122
19. New Shooter II & 2 working kids

chknlyps2
10-18-2012, 9:58 PM
Hey Guys, The Shootist in Murrieta just stepped up and offered a gift to 5 clean up volunteers that are planning to buy a new gun. I have 5 cards that give a free DROS for a gun purchase over $300 (thats $25). I want to make sure the cards go to a person that is going to buy a gun soon and is close enough to Murrieta to make a trip there. I don't want them going to waste and not go to a person that is not going to use them.

If you are serious about buying a gun there soon then hit me up at the clean up.

They said they will do the same at the next clean up and for Bee Canyon clean ups also.

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/chknlyps2/SANY0603.jpg

Drabnor
10-18-2012, 10:06 PM
Most Excellent !!!!!!!!!!!

I've got a 'Few' classic's since the last time I haven't even shot yet ...................

Very nice! Should I bring the Garand ammo?

mindwreck
10-19-2012, 2:48 PM
How long do these clean ups last? I'll be going out there tomorrow for the first time to check it out the place. Would love to help out. I won't be able to get out there til 1 or 2 though.

jeepbiker
10-19-2012, 3:09 PM

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000
9. Drabnor
11. Mikespeed
12. mrprazor
13. edwardfa
15. shakatak
17. bob7122
20. jeepbiker Wife and Boys ---jeep with trialer

We'll see you guys up there.

VintageDUG
10-19-2012, 3:27 PM
How long do these clean ups last? I'll be going out there tomorrow for the first time to check it out the place. Would love to help out. I won't be able to get out there til 1 or 2 though.

It was over about 1230 or 1300 last time. Then we started shootin'.

Eat Dirt
10-19-2012, 4:43 PM
Way to Go.........................:thumbsup:

Big Thanks out to the Shootist

Hey Guys, The Shootist in Murrieta just stepped up and offered a gift to 5 clean up volunteers

If you are serious about buying a gun there soon then hit me up at the clean up.

They said they will do the same at the next clean up and for Bee Canyon clean ups also.

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/chknlyps2/SANY0603.jpg

mrprazor
10-19-2012, 5:33 PM
sorry guys i got to drop out:( my boys soccer got moved to 830 am

Mikespeed
10-19-2012, 7:52 PM
Can I get a PM about where to meet? Never been here before.

chknlyps2
10-19-2012, 8:11 PM

PM sent

Eat Dirt
10-19-2012, 8:13 PM

I sent you The instructions ..........:cool:

3006mv
10-19-2012, 8:40 PM
back in Jan I went to the BLM office in Moreno Valley and this nice govt worker sent me this email with info I requested (specifically Steele Peak). If someone can tell me how to post a pdf link here i will; it has very detailed directions.

Thank you for contacting us with your question; we appreciate your desire to locate legal and appropriate places for recreational shooting. While the California District Office has no officially designated recreational shooting ranges within our jurisdiction, there are two areas near the Palm Springs / Palm Desert area (directions are included below) that traditionally have been used for target shooting. Shooting is generally permitted on BLM managed lands, as long as such activity is also permitted in that location by State and local laws, and as long as the safety regulations noted below are observed. All federal, state, and county regulations that apply to shooting apply to public lands. Prior to your trip, check with the nearest BLM office for current conditions, regulations, fire hazard closures and other information.

Please keep in mind the following guidelines:

Just because an area is BLM land, that doesn’t mean it is safe or appropriate to shoot there. Shooting is prohibited within one mile of all campgrounds and developed recreation sites; within 150 yards of any man-made structure, or within 100 yards of any roadway. Since it is prohibited to drive that far off of existing roads, you must be prepared to safely hike to your shooting location. The requirements to be at least this far away from locations where your bullets could be hazardous to others makes many BLM areas unsuitable for shooting.
When shooting, always select a safe location with a backstop. An area with a hillside directly behind the target is ideal. Avoid popular recreation areas and sensitive wildlife habitats. Do not attach your targets to living plants or place targets up against rocks, plants, or solid objects.
Always pick up and remove targets, empty shells, and any other debris after you have finished. You can be cited for littering if you leave any debris; for this reason, in the desert region, you are not allowed to use clay pigeons as targets. Even the so-called “biodegradable” clay targets remain indefinitely in the dry, fragile landscape of the desert.
Use of paintball equipment and projectiles is not permitted on BLM-managed lands. The paint is considered similar to the clay used for skeet targets, and you can be cited for defacing public property with it.
Use of plastic pellets is not permitted on BLM-managed lands.
Shooting should only take place in areas well away from other concentrations of people and property. Do not shoot in the direction of any road, hiking trail or parking area.
Vehicles are restricted to designated routes of travel as posted and as shown on BLM maps. Vehicles are prohibited in all wilderness areas.

It is illegal to:
shoot from or on a public road or highway or from a motor vehicle.
shoot within 150 yards of a home, barn, outbuilding, motor home, camper, or any inhabited area or roadway.
use glass bottles, appliances, and other refuse as targets.

Here are the directions to the two BLM areas near Palm Springs / Palm Desert which are open to target shooting with handguns and rifles as well as shotguns (but remember, no clay targets); directions are given as if you were coming into the Desert Cities area from the Upper Coachella Valley:

Directions to Berdoo Canyon from I-10, near Indio:
From I-10 Eastbound toward Indio, take the Dillon Rd exit - go 0.3 miles down the off-ramp;

Turn left onto Dillon Rd - go 6.3 miles
Turn right at Berdoo Canyon Rd - go 0.7 miles

Directions to Fargo Canyon from I-10, near Indio:
From I-10 Eastbound toward Indio, take the Dillon Rd exit - go 0.3 miles down the off-ramp;
Turn left at Dillon Rd - go 3.3 miles
Turn right at 40th Ave - go 4.3 miles

There are currently no maps online or in electronic form that show sufficient detail so you could accurately determine appropriate locations for shooting. However, BLM sells maps known as Surface Management Status maps. While these maps do not show specific locations for shooting, they do show, by color-coding, where BLM lands are, so you can use these maps to make sure you are not on privately owned lands. View an index of the maps at the following URL to determine which maps you want to purchase: http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/info/iac/Northern_Map.html . You may order them by phone from the State Office Public Room in Sacramento, (916) 978-4401. They are also for sale in each of the field offices and here in the district office. They show public and private land ownership, and are at a scale of about one inch to the mile. The locations referred to above are on the “Palm Springs” map.

I have also attached the Steele Peak directions.

To check land status, check out the interactive maps link at geocommunicator.gov.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Brittany Reimer
Public Contact Assistant
U.S. Bureau of Land Management
California Desert District
22835 Calle San Juan de Los Lagos
Moreno Valley, CA 92553
951-697-5200

welldriller
10-19-2012, 9:10 PM
[QUOTE=jeepbiker;9550749]***October 20 Clean Up 8:30 AM***

1. boltmopar
2. chknlyps2
4. Eat Dirt
5. vtrigger77
6. Dan000
9. Drabnor
11. Mikespeed
12. mrprazor
13. edwardfa
15. shakatak
17. bob7122
20. jeepbiker Wife and Boys ---jeep with trialer
21. welldriller and son, 4X4PU

See you there

bob7122
10-19-2012, 9:12 PM
The " List" is getting a Nice group of people together

How many are staying for 'Plinking' afterwards

i will be there to plink. since it is my first time going there i will try to get there early just in case i get lost. if you see a silver/grey honda fit with a hispanic wearing glasses with a "lost" facial expression.... lol. i should be fine, the directions were great.

CAN I TAKE STEEL TARGETS?

VintageDUG
10-19-2012, 9:33 PM
i will be there to plink. since it is my first time going there i will try to get there early just in case i get lost. if you see a silver/grey honda fit with a hispanic wearing glasses with a "lost" facial expression.... lol. i should be fine, the directions were great.

CAN I TAKE STEEL TARGETS?

You can put them next to my steel targets.

Bear790
10-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Where is the Perris BLM that you are cleaning? Is it Bee Canyon or another place? Is it open for shooting?

Mp5marley
10-20-2012, 10:18 AM
It's steel peak and there's a cease fire that will be enforced by LEO for volunteer's safety....

Mp5marley
10-20-2012, 10:18 AM
It's steel peak and there's a cease fire that will be enforced by LEO for volunteer's safety....

Eat Dirt
10-20-2012, 7:27 PM
What a GREAT group of Volunteers we have here on CalGuns
These people come out and do an Incredible job !!!!!!!!

Today .....With the weather a little nasty in the morning
And fewer people than last time
WE were still able to fill a large roll off dumpster by noon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All right ...The BLM volunteers did help too !! :)
It was quite a sight to see all the people on the hillsides collecting stuff left by shooters and dumpers
And the steady caravan of vehicles going and returning from the dumpster

The list of Hard working Volunteers

Chknlyps
jeepbiker Wife and Boys ---jeep with trialer
Drabnor
Cali-shooter
bob7122
KRUSTYTHECLOWN, Wife and kids
welldriller and son, 4X4PU
Adjuster760 -- 4x4 truck
boltmopar
VintageDUG and crew -- 6x6 M35A2
New Shooter II & 2 working kids

If I left anyone out : My apologies

Eat Dirt
10-20-2012, 7:29 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/002-9.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/005-11.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/009-7.jpg

And The Final Result !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/011-5.jpg

VintageDUG
10-20-2012, 7:47 PM
We had a great time again! My wife donated a huge box of trash bags from Costco that don't fit any of our new trash cans. They were the perfect size because they fill up before they get too heavy.

We pulled crap from as far away as the peak. My college edjamacated sidekick insisted we walk through the "drainage" and get trash, even though it looked like a ditch to me.

We went through the whole case of bags we brought and had to ask for more. My group and Newshooter II's crew filled the ranger's truck five times.

I would say that we got it cleaner this time than last because we had a cleaner area to start with. We stayed in the main area and didn't go off yonder with everyone else. I'm pretty sure the whole place got the once over from the road all the way on up over the hill and out of sight.

Great job all!

retired
10-20-2012, 8:25 PM
You all did a fantastic job, tho it is rather sad that you were able to fill up the dumpster considering how much was removed last time. It certainly is a reflection on some people's values that there was so much waste to pick up.

I am only sorry I couldn't be there but my 6yr. old granddaughter's (who lives with us) birthday party was today at our house. I hope to make it to the next one.

Kudos to all of you for doing what you did; you should be proud of yourselves.

torgo
10-20-2012, 8:36 PM
Sorry, I didn't make it out again. A bit under the weather. I can guarantee you picked up nothing left by me. Since last clean up, I have had only one chance to get back out there. Was greeted with people old enough to know better, blasting that rock formation from 30 yrds out with rapid pistol and rifle fire. Turned and headed home under a hail of ricochtes.

From the pics it looks amazing. Great job!

mrprazor
10-20-2012, 8:37 PM
Nice job everyone and thank you for doing such a great job on the clean up. sorry I could not be there. I would have like to meet you all...

Mikespeed
10-20-2012, 9:13 PM
Thanks to those that made it out there today. Sorry I couldn't make it. If I do ever make it out there I'll make sure to do my share, and pick up what I can.

chknlyps2
10-20-2012, 10:30 PM
And The Final Result !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/011-5.jpg
Is this a Best Buy add for the new ventilated TV? I think I see it in the background.

Thanks to all that made this happen! Even though there were less people this time the dumpster sure did fill up quick

Thanks everybody!

VintageDUG
10-20-2012, 11:23 PM
There were 100s of the Best Buy signs last clean up and still some left this clean up. When we walked the drainage (ditch) we found a bunch more. The crazy thing was the stuff my guys pulled off of the peak. Who puts crap all the way up there?

Mp5marley
10-21-2012, 12:11 AM
Thanks for all you do cal gunners!

Mp5marley
10-21-2012, 12:12 AM
How were the roads? Did anyone get stuck?

bob7122
10-21-2012, 8:46 AM

nope, the road was easy enough that my honda fit could make it up the hill.

Eat Dirt, you forgot Cali-shooter volunteered with me.

after the clean up i realized i hate balloons. idk who puts up so many balloons!

Drabnor
10-21-2012, 9:04 AM

It was sort of wet, so the hill was solid not silty. Nobody had any issues and I saw a couple of cars make it up.

Wish I could have stayed longer to plink but I had to baby sit my 6 month old son. Was nice meeting everybody, always feels good to help out!

Eat Dirt
10-21-2012, 9:57 AM
nope, the road was easy enough that my honda fit could make it up the hill.

Eat Dirt, you forgot Cali-shooter volunteered with me.

I thought I added him to the list

I forgot that you 2 were together ...............:43:

Kidding aside ..You're getting to be a Good Helper around here
Between the Gun Shows you help on and now the clean-ups

Cali-Shooter
10-21-2012, 10:05 AM
Glad to help. Would happily volunteer again. Yesterday showed that even a small group of people can make a BIG difference.

Cheers.

VintageDUG
10-21-2012, 10:27 AM
The ONLY downer of the day was the group that set up just past the ditch. They arrived around 0800 and pretty much sat there and watched us work for over four hours. They did have their kids pick up around their area - must have gotten bored.

Four hours later when the last of the bags were being collected, my crew and another crew started setting up our targets to plink. We still had not received the ok to shoot. With several folks down range setting up targets and the ok not given to shoot, these fartknockers started shooting. Much screaming and yelling got them to stop, but they didn't so much as wave or look up.

I guess all that sitting around watching us work numbed their brains.

Cali-Shooter
10-21-2012, 10:58 AM
Yep, even though me and the small group of volunteers I was with were working down the hill near the entrance, we heard the whole thing. There were clearly our participants climbing UP the hill to place targets (we saw them too from where we were) and for at least 5 minutes those dumbf**ks opened up, and didn't cease until they got yelled at by at least half a dozen of us.

It would have been nice to have had a Ranger right there when it happened, those die-hard idiots could have used a good chewing out.

They didn't even contribute jack to the cleanup effort either. If they show up to this event again, somebody should keep an eye on them for as long as people are still downrange.

mrprazor
10-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Hey guys I went down to the site today and read the sign. it said the site closed indefinitely due to the dumping of trash? Anyone else see that?

chknlyps2
10-21-2012, 11:11 AM
Hey guys I went down to the site today and read the sign. it said the site closed indefinitely due to the dumping of trash? Anyone else see that?

No such sign yesterday and no talk of putting one up. Do you have a picture and where was it at?

Cali-Shooter
10-21-2012, 11:15 AM

Pictures please. We talked to a couple of Rangers yesterday and there was no mention of anything of that sort.

mrprazor
10-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Sorry I should have taken a picture I did not think of it. But the sign was over the OG sign above the calguns sign?

VintageDUG
10-21-2012, 12:18 PM
If we don't get this straightened out today I can drive out in the morning and take a look.

Eat Dirt
10-21-2012, 12:27 PM

This is New To Me .

Keep the info. coming

Eat Dirt
10-21-2012, 12:42 PM
I just called both BLM Rangers that were there yesterday

Had to leave a voice mail message with both

I'll stay on this matter

mrprazor
10-21-2012, 1:21 PM
I just talked to a buddy of mine. He went out there yesterday about 530pm to shoot his mosin. He said 3 deputies walked up and told him the site is shut down because of complaints about the trash and somthing about a house being hit by gunfire? He said the deputies told him to read the sign in the front that say the site is shut down indefinitely because of trash. Same sign I seen...

VintageDUG
10-21-2012, 1:28 PM
Screw it. I'm driving out now to check for signs. Will report within an hour or so.

SudoNoob
10-21-2012, 1:59 PM
Screw it. I'm driving out now to check for signs. Will report within an hour or so.

Please take pictures and post!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

VintageDUG
10-21-2012, 2:16 PM
110% complete bullchit. The sign does NOT say they are closing the site.

Talked to a guy who wondered why I was taking a pic of the sign. He was out there between 4 and 7 yesterday and says there was plenty of shooters and no LEOs.

Saw at least 40 shooters out there now.

Again the sign DOES NOT say it is closing.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8183/8110295122_5d98cf5f55.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/30467211@N04/8110295122/)

mrprazor
10-21-2012, 3:20 PM
I aplogize for the misunderstanding of the sign. These next words are from my buddy who has been out there a few times. 3 LEO walked up well armed they where stopping all the vehicles that where leaving. They said there was no shooting allowed there and to read the sign at the front...there where about 20 shooters starting at the bottom of the hill working there way to the back. the time was about 6:00to6:30pm. The LEO said the sign clearly says the site is closed and he must pack up his stuff and leave so he did along with all the other shooters..
Again sorry for misunderstanding the sign

Cali-Shooter
10-21-2012, 4:14 PM
I'll be watching this thread for more cleanup events. Thanks again for all who attended, and a big mention of gratitude for our event coordinators Eat Dirt, chknlyps2, and any other coordinators, and thanks to Bob7122, who informed me of the event.

bob7122
10-21-2012, 4:45 PM
thanks eat dirt.

we should organize another clean and shoot sometime within the next 2months. maybe a little potluck? get some carne asada going.

-the reason i say this is that many people were walking/driving by and asking about calguns and what we did that day. if we show that rest of the shooters who drive/walk by that we are truly a community who cleans/preserves our shooting locations, shoots together, AND bonds over a shared meal; well, i think that would really be a draw to our forum and grassroots movement. just food for thought.

chknlyps2
10-21-2012, 5:58 PM
we should organize another clean and shoot sometime within the next 2months. maybe a little potluck? get some carne asada going.

AND bonds over a shared meal; just food for thought.

I see what you did there ;)

I will get with the BLM Volunteer Clean Up Coordinator in the near future. There is not that much big stuff left there and they only have so much money in the budget for dumpsters so I am sure they want to be able to fill it when they get one.

VintageDUG, Thanks for driving out there and posting up a pic to clear things up, would not want a panic to start.

mrprazor, The BLM officer was asked if there was night shooting there, he did say a couple home owners down the road would call the sheriff if shots were heard in the evening. 5:30 is still pretty light but who knows.

Mp5marley
10-21-2012, 8:10 PM
Was there today and regretfully people started to leave behind shells and i saw some people riding quads and shooting at bottles...
I clean the crap out of site which is pretty deep in near the rocky canyon..

Mp5marley
10-21-2012, 8:10 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg5/xxxvietguy/Perris/DSCF0245.jpg

Mp5marley
10-21-2012, 8:15 PM
we shot at the area that burned down a while back... picked up every single plastic bottle and shotgun shell.. I left a bottled that someone pee pee inside...Also, was able to dump it upon leaving the entrance.. Nice big full dumpster. There was another fire today but we could not determine coordinates..

Did anyone see the class? There was a handgun training class at the entrance.. Interesting.http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg5/xxxvietguy/Perris/DSCF0243.jpg

Sorry for not being able to help yesterday.

rodburner
10-22-2012, 10:19 AM
Sorry I could not make this one with the quail opener on that date i was out @ MNP going empty handed saw no quail most reports are the same little to no succsess out there look forward to the next one, pot luck sounds good

mygraycar
10-22-2012, 2:07 PM
I just learned about this shooting area this past saturday, and met a shooter out there that gave me a calgun.net card.
Thank you all very much for your hard work, Semper Fi.

went back on sunday to shoot again, brought extra trash bags to haul out more than we brought in.

KRUSTYTHECLOWN
10-22-2012, 2:17 PM
Thanks to all who showed up, especially Drabnor and the other two young men whose names I forgot. We cleaned up the area by the entrance. My Wife and Kids did a pretty decent job with the help of these guys. We'll be back for sure. It was nice meeting Eat Dirt too.

Jesse

Fundamentals
10-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Hey guys,

I apologize for the no-show. Our permit for getting the asbestos taken out of our house went through late last week and the company started work on Friday. I'll donate the gas money to Calguns and hope to make it to the next cleanup.

Is there any other cleanup coming up soon?

Cali-Shooter
10-23-2012, 3:24 AM
Thanks to all who showed up, especially Drabnor and the other two young men whose names I forgot. We cleaned up the area by the entrance. My Wife and Kids did a pretty decent job with the help of these guys. We'll be back for sure. It was nice meeting Eat Dirt too.

Jesse

You did a great job, and we're thankful for your whole family's help as well! They did so much in a short amount of time. That huge pickup you brought was an amazing help, thanks to you, we were able to haul all those big littered items left behind like wooden boards, chairs, a wrecked TV, etc.

After the first 4 or more hours since me and Bob worked that site, seems like you guys all left before we were allowed able to shoot that day. Were you guys able to get any trigger time?

KRUSTYTHECLOWN
10-23-2012, 3:38 PM
No, we didn't get a chance to shoot. We had to bail a little early, we live in Victorville and both of my kids had games (Soccer ) that day. My kids were cracking up when they saw one of you carrying that flat screen tv all the way down from up the hill.

Eat Dirt
10-23-2012, 3:47 PM

Jesse

That would of been Bob7211 and his shooting buddy CaliShooter

You ALL did an Outstanding job cleaning up at the lower shooting spots
Didn't get to see you much / You guys were in your own little zone
You really cleaned up that area
All the trash left by the slobs that can't make it up a little hill

chknlyps2
10-23-2012, 7:42 PM
Is there any other cleanup coming up soon?

Nothing in the works yet, place is pretty clean. The rif raf would have to trash the place pretty good to fill up another roll off soon.

357MagGirl
10-23-2012, 8:58 PM
I wasn't a member back then, but this is where I go shooting. I wondered who cleaned up all the shotgun shells. Will come next time you have a clean-up.

Eat Dirt
10-23-2012, 9:22 PM
I wasn't a member back then, but this is where I go shooting. I wondered who cleaned up all the shotgun shells. Will come next time you have a clean-up.

Most likely not till January

It might be hard getting a group together with all the stuff going on with the holidays and vacations

boltmopar
10-23-2012, 9:39 PM
I'll probably be there. I have no life outside guns. :facepalm:

bob7122
10-24-2012, 6:53 AM

It might be hard getting a group together with all the stuff going on with the holidays and vacations

I'll probably be there. I have no life outside guns. :facepalm:

me too. lol

Cali-Shooter
10-24-2012, 12:31 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it cost an average of $600 to bring that portable dumpster in for the range cleanup each time? Might even be more given that they have to drive out to that fairly remote location at the BLM land to pick it up.

I hope those litterers are happy knowing they're sucking up funds that could go into fighting for our and their rights to RTKBA each time we have to do this.

vtrigger77
10-24-2012, 9:58 PM
i want to apoligize to everyone for not showing up. my sister had a car accident thank god she is ok but her car is tottaled.

Tactical951
10-25-2012, 2:04 PM
Where Is this place? I normally shoot in nuevo and have been for years, and I would like to go out and help clean next time I would like to shoot out there as well PM or write back with info I would appreciate it.

snuff630
10-28-2012, 8:41 PM
Hi All! I'm new to the area and have been searching for a place to shoot. Could someone PM me the directions to this place, it seems like it's right in my back yard.

VintageDUG
10-28-2012, 8:49 PM
Went out there today after picking up my M&P 22 and then DROSing a 10/22 Take Down at Counterstrike in Hemet.

We shot at our favorite spot, which we personally cleaned last weekend while everyone was over the hill out of sight. We loaded five truckloads last weekend and we probably could have loaded 1/2 a truck today, only 8 days later.

IMHO, the Tula ammo and the surplus Mosin stuff is harder to clean up than the shotgun crap. Once the casings get stepped on they work into the ground slightly. The shotgun shell remains just stay there are are easy to clean. If you like cleaning up after careless losers that is.

Saw some leftover wood targets, but no room in the truck to take them.

The dumpster is gone, but the tire pile remains.

We bagged up as much as we could from our spot, but it was only a small dent.

Already looking forward to the next one.

FullAuto
10-29-2012, 8:06 AM
I went out this weekend and saw a lot of people there, the place looks fairly clean. I want to thank any and all Calgunners who have cleaned this place up in the past and the present. I'm glad it doesn't look like another hodge road. I didn't have any tools when I went out but all my own trash as well as a full trashbag full of casings, wood pieces and other various trash went with me. It's a great spot and needs to stay open.

chknlyps2
11-07-2012, 10:42 AM
During the Shootist fall Expo CalGuns booth last weekend and by PM I have been asked when the next clean up will be.

I just got off the phone with BLM and it looks like we can plan something around March-ish. We will see how much of a winter we get, February I think is the wettest month so we should be before or after that.

itsbo1313
11-10-2012, 3:40 PM
I am new to the Hemet area. Where exactly is this place? I've been looking all over the place for somewhere to shoot.

EchoFourTango
11-10-2012, 6:22 PM
Ill be up there Monday shooting with friends from my local. It is such a nice place to shoot.

jmart52
11-11-2012, 6:42 PM
My first post here. Ive never shot there but i would definitely be interested in helping with a cleanup.

baileymyk
11-12-2012, 6:27 PM
Thanks for cleaning the place up!

Unfortunately, I was back there today, and it's a huge mess again. I drive a tiny car so I couldn't fit too much trash in my car.

boltmopar
11-12-2012, 6:53 PM
How bad was it? Do you have pictures?

chknlyps2
11-12-2012, 7:06 PM
Yes, please post some pictures if you can.

boltmopar
11-12-2012, 7:08 PM
Worst case i'll post pics on Saturday. I plan to try out some new toys on Saturday.

Nate
11-12-2012, 7:48 PM
I was just their on Sunday morning. It was busy and ended up just after the first hill. It didn't look that bad, unless the people that were there left all their targets. Definite possibility!

Atlast357
11-13-2012, 5:01 PM
First trip ,I'll be heading out tomorrow morning to check it
out and shoot a little.
If anyone else on the forum will be there give me a holler.
I drive an old green Dodge PU.
Will post pictures.

superhondaz50
11-13-2012, 9:53 PM
I was just out here Monday morning, I was very surprised to see a Calguns sign out there, I thought it was illegal to shoot there and haven't been for 6 years. I'll be keeping my eye out for trash... keep it clean its a cool place

Atlast357
11-14-2012, 1:41 PM
Made it out to the range. I thought the debris condition was OK
Lots of brass and shotgun shells but other than a couple of small plastic and one wood box not to much different than a controlled range like Lytle Creek.
I will go back often.
Pictures are on top of !st rise and 2nd rise. Need a truck to get up there.

Atlast357
11-14-2012, 1:47 PM
I have a small trailer so will be able to haul debris away at next clean up
The old Dodge climbed the hill with no problem:oji:

adjuster760
11-16-2012, 9:03 AM
The spots further in are starting to build up junk again. I personally cleaned up 3 of these sites during the last cleanup w/ 3 huge truckloads. I am particularly disappointed to see the results of peoples laziness esp cuz it's rather beautiful hill country once one drives a mile or so in.

Atlast357
11-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Some people will always be that way, I treat it like dirty dishes happens every day. I just will do my part as do you, take out what you brought in.:)

EchoFourTango
11-16-2012, 6:26 PM
I was not bad when my group shot

chknlyps2
11-16-2012, 6:57 PM
The spots further in are starting to build up junk again. I personally cleaned up 3 of these sites during the last cleanup w/ 3 huge truckloads. I am particularly disappointed to see the results of peoples laziness esp cuz it's rather beautiful hill country once one drives a mile or so in.

I told the BLM clean up coordinator about the huge loads of big stuff you haulled out of there. She thought the last group of people where the road turns south was as far as we got.... I told her no, you went way back there and were on a mission.. LOL

The next clean up they want to focus in that area. If you go out again in a month or so is there any way you can get a couple pictures?

The BLM coordinator wants to know if there will be enough stuff to fill a roll off again come February-March.

adjuster760
11-17-2012, 8:21 AM
I might go out today. I will get some pics if i do

Mp5marley
11-18-2012, 7:42 PM
A RANGER came up on our group and asked us to place weapons down and step forward towards his vehicle. There was 10 of us and he was very polite to us. He explained that people have been trashing the range and leaving large amounts of trash behind and etc. After he gave us a pep talk, I told him that there are CG's including myself that try to educate anyone that shoots with us. I also assured him that I would require everyone in my crew to clean up all shells including little 22lr cases. Here are pictures of my crew picking up everything and separating brass vs steel and disposing of them in the bag. We were about 300-400 yards pass the big boulder area. There were tons of shotgun shells everywhere.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg5/xxxvietguy/IMG-20121118-00111.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg5/xxxvietguy/IMG950056.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg5/xxxvietguy/IMG950054.jpg

Eat Dirt
11-18-2012, 8:22 PM
^^^^ Nice Job !!........:hurray:

Just don't tease me with pictures of ALL that Brass !!!!!!!!
:drool5:

Mp5marley
11-18-2012, 10:10 PM
Feeling guilty right now... our 1 friend out of group of 12 people reloads only 45/223. 9mm, 40 and other various brass was bagged up and given to some random person. Usually the guy in red jeep comes by as soon as we finish but he was late today. If we shoot there again, I'll bag it up and set it aside for you..

splitmx
11-19-2012, 5:23 PM
Would like to know where this place is located. Also would like to join some other people in going out there to shoot!

stilly
11-19-2012, 6:28 PM
I was out there today. I did not go far back but I saw a sign yall left and the place looked pretty nice still.

I know yall like these cleanups so I left a water cooler, projection tv, bathroom mirror, lots of tile (all itty bitty pieces now), several bowling pins, pumpkins and lots of cans of expired foods from 2003... OH and part of a fridge...

;)

c good
11-19-2012, 6:53 PM
I use a construction magnet (available from Harbor Freight) to separate the steel from the brass. Saves alot of time.

VintageDUG
11-19-2012, 7:16 PM
Went out there today as well. Brought home a few bags of trash and a door.

Eat Dirt
11-19-2012, 7:46 PM
Would like to know where this place is located. Also would like to join some other people in going out there to shoot!

Message Sent

splitmx
11-19-2012, 7:50 PM
Thanks again!

Cali-Shooter
11-19-2012, 7:52 PM
Excellent work everyone! If each and every one of us who goes there to shoot simply picks up after yourselves and then some, then we'll keep it clean in no time!

EmptyMags
11-20-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm on for next clean-up outing. Also, where's the other good places to shoot on Cow Mountain, if any? I've only ever used the rifle range area in the valley.

arjirashidi
11-28-2012, 9:24 AM
Can anyone PM me with directions to the BLM area in Perris? I would really like to get out there this weekend to take my wife shooting. Also, if anyone knows of any other public areas to shoot that are closer to the Escondido area, please let me know as well.

Thanks in advance!

Socaliente
11-28-2012, 2:09 PM
I'd also like to know the location of this range. Would also like to be a part of any future clean up days that are scheduled. Thank you.

DogsofWar
12-04-2012, 8:29 PM
I am new to the Forums and SoCal and would like to contribute anything I can to be a part of this community. I will be on here looking for anymore clean up events and such. I am looking for directions to the Steele Peak Shooting Area. If anyone can PM me the directions I would appreciate it. Also I would "police" up the area and anyone not respecting the area also... ;-) I am a credible person to give directions to.

Bigtls1
12-05-2012, 1:02 PM
Hi all,

New to the forum. I have been to this spot a few times and enjoy it a lot since i live 10 minutes from it. If any more clean ups occur here i will gladly participate.

T

adonis
12-05-2012, 6:58 PM
Would anyone mind PMing me the location?

I'd love to meet up with some people Sunday or Monday (12/9 12/10) if anyone feels like heading out.

DaveInSoCal
12-11-2012, 3:00 PM
Greetings, all!

New to the forum as well. I would also appreciate it if someone could PM directions or coordinates for the Steele Peak Shooting Area. I'm a new shooter, in the process of getting a new 10/22 (yep, the recent Black Friday II sale at Turner's) and would like to have a fairly close place to go to sight it in. I live in the Woodcrest area and it sounds like this shooting location is practically in my backyard.

Will also watch the forum for future cleanup opportunities at this location.

Thanks in advance!

jperezgdt
12-11-2012, 3:26 PM
new to the forum would like to take the kids shooting and am hoping someone could pm me directions to the BLM area in Perris? Also how can I stay informed regarding future cleanups? Thanks guys

ricotorre
12-14-2012, 11:31 AM
I would like to know which location would be the closest place to O.C I wouldn't mind cleaning the area at all if it means I get to enjoy it and others for years to come if some one would be nice enough to PM me some info I would really appreciate it a lot thanks every one.

dsadeputy
12-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Just heard of some neighbors that went here and in interested as well in checking it out. I have a Colorado short bed and a roll of contractors bags to haul out as much as I can. If any CG'ers have directions to this place please PM me with them and I will post pictures of my haul. Thanks for the help and hope to make it out there this Sunday. Thank You...

dsadeputy
12-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Also, I drive a white Chevy Colorado 4 door with a Don't Mess With Texas sticker on the back glass. Say howdy if you see me out there. Just picked up a M&P 15-22 I'm anxious to try out. See y'all out there...

nawshiz
12-14-2012, 3:55 PM
Same here too. I actually just moved to Moreno Valley off of cajalco. Can someone message me the location. I'm military so trust me I won't trash this place.

fighterpilot562
12-14-2012, 4:24 PM
Will be out there soon with a few of the crew here, we will be cleaning up afterwords, haul some extra crap out.

boltmopar
12-14-2012, 9:20 PM
Nice try nawshiz,
we know you live in Perris.

Darryl Licht
12-17-2012, 11:14 AM
My shooting buddy went there 2 weeks ago, said it's trashed again!

Darryl Licht
12-17-2012, 11:15 AM

Darryl Licht
12-17-2012, 11:16 AM

hardrivr
12-17-2012, 11:20 AM
well PM me if you set another clean up day... I've got a Tundra Crewmax so it's a short bed but I'll haul stuff to my dumpsters!

Darryl Licht
12-17-2012, 11:25 AM
I will be going out sometime in next 3-4 weeks, will be taking several trash cans and rakes, etc. Not an organized clean up, but I always try to keep this "secret" spot clean!

Been going there for 10+ years... never hassled by rangers! Its a great spot to shoot!

The issue is illegal dumpers, and not shooters as I see it! Sure there's used brass, etc. But, I've seen refridgerators, stoves, jet skis... you name it!

adonis
12-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Message Sent

Mind sending me the directions as well?

adjuster760
12-18-2012, 10:02 AM
There is definitely a problem with lazy shooters taking out pallets and other large junk and leaving it out there. I can't take that stuff unless we have a cleanup cuz i don't have anywhere to put it at home... I always tell people to shoot steel. U can keep re-using the same targets for years--more fun to shoot too cuz they are reactive so they work better for shooting drills and the like.

Mp5marley
12-18-2012, 10:03 AM
Lets see some before and after pictures.

stilly
12-20-2012, 7:09 PM
Hey is this place getting shut down? Someone behind the counter at Turners said that there was a place in moval/perris that was always free but due to getting trashed by *******s that don;t give a **** it got chained off or is gonna get chained off and closed. This came from my dad who heard about it.

It wasn't steale PeaKe was it? I was planning on heading out there on Sunday... Gotta chrono the deagle again and some .45s...

Darryl Licht
12-20-2012, 7:38 PM
My bud went about two weeks back and it was wide open... I think it depends on which spot. From what I understand there was a gun club or something up in that area that got shut down! I will probably get over there this weekend... will post images and any news!

Just in case I will take a few trash cans, rake, and grain shovel to clean what I can!

Maybe we will run into each other... you need a truck to get there, car wont get over the ruts after all this rain!

Never knew the name, but Steel Peak sounds right with the big thick chunk o steel bolted to the rock way up???

stilly
12-21-2012, 2:16 AM
The rock pile was shut down for code violations. then the guy (Bill?) died in the middle of fixing it and the wife and kids were left to finish repairs. Last rumor was that it might be open again soon and that came from a store clerk that heard it from a ranger...

SteelE PeekE is just South (?) of Maywood and as far as I know Maywood is still open but I have not seen or heard anyone there shooting the last few times I was at SteeL PeaK.

I dunno about any steel bolted to a rock, I only know of a bowling pin way up on the SW side that is harder to spot durring the evening and hella fun to shoot at. It is in where we refer to as bird**** rock because there is a rocky campsite there.

Darryl Licht
12-21-2012, 10:01 AM
If you call it steel peak too.... it has to be the place Im speaking of.

And yeasrs ago we hiked to the rock at the top years ago! Its a piece of at least 1" thick steel plate bolted to a big azz rock! Nice gong target for long range rifle shots...

dsadeputy
12-21-2012, 11:02 AM
Work interrupted my chance at getting out there to do some clean up. i picked up a nice 15-22 and want to spend some time with it. If anyone is setting up an informal/formal cleanup please send me a notice so I can lend a hand. Thanks all.

sgtscrounger
12-21-2012, 12:36 PM
I just stopped by there and it is still active, there were maybe 10 trucks and folks just having a good time.

Darryl Licht
12-21-2012, 12:56 PM
I just stopped by there and it is still active, there were maybe 10 trucks and folks just having a good time.

10 trucks on a weekday afternoon??? WOW!!! Everytime I've been it's been my group and maybe 1 other vehicle! Are you talking about Steel Peak, or The Rock Pile?

chknlyps2
12-21-2012, 5:59 PM
Work interrupted my chance at getting out there to do some clean up. i picked up a nice 15-22 and want to spend some time with it. If anyone is setting up an informal/formal cleanup please send me a notice so I can lend a hand. Thanks all.

Just keep checking this thread, it will be a couple months before the next big clean up....Thanks, we can always use the extra help.

Darryl Licht
12-21-2012, 7:56 PM
Still clinging to the idea I'm going this weekend, but threat of rain, holidays, n honeydoos may be a roadblock!

I will definately go to next formal...

I see by this thread that there are many who know of this "secret" spot. ...And since you pretty much need a truck-- if we all do our part by regularly packing out what we take and a lil more we can at least keep this place free of shooting debris and trash.

sgtscrounger
12-23-2012, 7:21 AM
It was Steele Peak, I was surprised but then again a Friday just before a Christmas weekend.

boltmopar
12-23-2012, 8:57 AM
threat of honeydoos may be a roadblock!

The best trick is to sneak out before she wakes up.

daobn24
12-23-2012, 9:00 PM
Can some one send me the coordinate to Steele peak? Would love to take the kids out there for some shooting. We definitely pick up after ourselves. Thanks!

bishop2queen's6
12-24-2012, 12:46 AM
Please let me know if this clean up ever becomes a reality. Have an 09 Tacoma to help haul out trash.

chknlyps2
12-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Please let me know if this clean up ever becomes a reality. Have an 09 Tacoma to help haul out trash.

This clean up has been done twice in the last year, go back a few pages and see all the pictures. 2 big roll offs have been filled, the third one is being planned, should be a couple months out. We would like the help, thanks for offering!

CodusSupremus
12-26-2012, 3:51 PM
I live in Moreno valley, I would like the location of this spot as well and to be placed on the next clean up list.

sgtscrounger
12-26-2012, 7:15 PM
If you live in MoVal here is another location to consider ... private message sent instead of posted link.

Diesel187
12-26-2012, 7:39 PM
If you live in MoVal here is another location to consider ... private message sent instead of posted link.

I would love to hear about another place to shoot locally as I to live in the area
Please PM me directions......thanks in advance

Diesel187
12-26-2012, 7:40 PM

I would love to hear about another place to shoot locally as I to live in the area
Please PM me directions......thanks in advance

sandbasser
12-28-2012, 6:56 PM
New member - looking for a place to shoot close to Lake Matthews...I'm more than willing to haul a few bags of trash out each time I go. Someone please PM me directions. Thanks,
-Ray

GuyFawkes
12-28-2012, 9:40 PM
I didn't realize there was BLM land near Perris. I'm down to go shooting and cleaning. Where exactly is the area? GPS Coord?

Recks86
12-30-2012, 1:43 AM
could you please send me a pm of the moreno valley spot. would really appreciate it thnx

dgon27
01-01-2013, 2:02 PM
I would also like to know where this place is, and any other areas that are close to Moreno Valley are. Barstow is kind of far, especially when it sounds like there are places is in my backyard. I have a full size chevy and would love to help with the cleaning.

Happy New Year All!

TRG
01-01-2013, 9:34 PM
I would also like to participate, but need the location as well.

Airforcefocus
01-03-2013, 5:56 PM
Looking to clean up out there soon. I usually continue on the road and pass the antenna array, and a few sites out there are getting a bit messy. Wish there was a dumpster available though, as it is tough to haul the big stuff to the dump sometimes. Any suggestions?

sean714
01-03-2013, 6:26 PM
People would have to chip in for a dumpster to be dropped off somewhere there at Steele peak. I was just there a couple weeks ago on the opposite side of the Satilites and found a lot of shotgun shells, I filled a bag half way of them but I started losing light. Next time I'll take a lot more. Just wanna keep it clean so we and our kids can enjoy a nice shooting location.

Atlast357
01-06-2013, 9:29 AM
I see a lot of scheduled clean up a Bee Canyon ,is there any dates for
Christmas Tree ? Is that the same as Steele Mtn ?
Sure would like to help........:)

Eat Dirt
01-06-2013, 9:41 AM
I see a lot of scheduled clean up a Bee Canyon ,is there any dates for
Christmas Tree ? Is that the same as Steele Mtn ?
Sure would like to help........:)

The BLM does not have enough budgeted funds for another dumpster yet in thier schedule
We'll have to wait for another Clean Up date in the future/ Maybe March

chknlyps2
01-06-2013, 10:22 AM
I was on the phone with BLM Friday about the clean up, like Eat Dirt said they have zero money in the budget for a dumpster right now ...but they have other options they are working on, there might be an organization that has a couple stake bed trucks that will haul and possibly take care of the dump fees.

I will update when I find out more.

boltmopar
01-06-2013, 1:13 PM
Let me know, I'll definitely be in.

Atlast357
01-10-2013, 10:04 AM
I'm planning on Friday to shoot, depends on rain today of course.
Anyone else going, say hello. No secret hand shake needed, just
mention "Calguns"

sacamp
01-11-2013, 10:44 AM
I just started shooting here recently after leaving a club because of the drive. I noticed the BLM sign and would be crushed if such a great place got shutdown. I am anxious to help with cleaning as I have already noticed it starting to stack up again. Please keep us posted in future clean ups. PM me if necessary.

RobGR
01-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Can you please at least try to keep this spot somewhat small and not post about it on FB. The rest of us who have been shooting there for a while would appreciate it.

While this thread had good intentions, it will in all likelihood ruin this spot.

RobGR
01-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Please delete this thread or take it off sticky, the cleanup is over.

Sorry, I'm selfish, but after seeing what happens at low key spots after they get posted on a forum and every numbnut with no safety concerns shows up... it's no wonder good spot keep getting shut down.

TacoTodd
02-05-2013, 1:35 PM
Please delete this thread or take it off sticky, the cleanup is over.

Sorry, I'm selfish, but after seeing what happens at low key spots after they get posted on a forum and every numbnut with no safety concerns shows up... it's no wonder good spot keep getting shut down.

On the flip side there are good people too that want to try new spots and always pack out more then they bring in. I stay in Riverside on the weekends and I am looking to for some good spots to take a 10 yrd old to teach to shoot beside Lytle creek.

twomanattact
02-05-2013, 2:18 PM
SO NOT TRUE! I left the projection TV. I also forgot to grab the shower stall... you guys, "THE CLEANING CREW" must have been there before I could get back to it.

I was out there today. I did not go far back but I saw a sign yall left and the place looked pretty nice still.

I know yall like these cleanups so I left a water cooler, projection tv, bathroom mirror, lots of tile (all itty bitty pieces now), several bowling pins, pumpkins and lots of cans of expired foods from 2003... OH and part of a fridge...

;)