PDA

View Full Version : Caracal pistol for $399

Oldnoob
08-11-2012, 6:00 AM
Before you got too excited, it is NOT on roster. So this is for those of you that have your way around that stupid roster: PLEASE PICK UP AS MANY AS YOU CAN! More you get, better change I'll get my hand on them in PPT later down the road. :D

http://centerfiresystems.com/CARACAL-FS.aspx

http://centerfiresystems.com/CARACAL-CS.aspx

zfields
08-11-2012, 6:15 AM
I really do need to pick one of these up...

CSACANNONEER
08-11-2012, 6:17 AM
I've been wanting one with their other sighting system. I hope this is the beginning of a good thing. It's the only 9mm I want.

zfields
08-11-2012, 6:23 AM
I've been wanting one with their other sighting system. I hope this is the beginning of a good thing. It's the only 9mm I want.

Did they release one with standard dovetails? That would be awesome, the integrated rear is a bit of a turn off, but I've seen people drill it out and epoxy in tritium vials.

CSACANNONEER
08-11-2012, 6:30 AM
Did they release one with standard dovetails? That would be awesome, the integrated rear is a bit of a turn off, but I've seen people drill it out and epoxy in tritium vials.

They made one with a quick target aquisition sighting system. The rear sight was machined into the slide around the middle of the slide. When I first picked one up and pointed it, it just felt right to me. As soon as I can find one and a source for an extra barrel, I will SSE one.

Capybara
08-11-2012, 9:21 AM
Please educate a novice, why this over a Glock, Springfield XD or any other Tupperware pistol? What makes this gun special, unique or desirable, other than it is a little cheaper?

Robidouxs
08-11-2012, 9:41 AM
I have held this pistol in a shop in Tucson, it was okay. I would only buy this for collecting purposes or to have something unique. It will be a real pain to find parts if something broke.

I would go with any other common Tupperware pistol for parts and the ability to have it serviced.

zfields
08-11-2012, 9:57 AM
Please educate a novice, why this over a Glock, Springfield XD or any other Tupperware pistol? What makes this gun special, unique or desirable, other than it is a little cheaper?

Because most people already have a glock, XD, etc.

Believe it or not, at one time people were asking the same question about people wanting glocks over steel guns.

jessegpresley
08-11-2012, 10:07 AM

Because it's not on the roster. Tell someone they can't have something, and suddenly they really really want it.

zfields
08-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Because it's not on the roster. Tell someone they can't have something, and suddenly they really really want it.

Huh...no roster here...I still want one.

Capybara
08-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Interesting, thanks for the education guys.

Javi
08-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Here's a little more info on the pistol:

PnpprZgirKs

tbc
08-11-2012, 12:08 PM

Curiosity. If I could get one without SSE, I would.

Sent from my iPhone

Bug Splat
08-11-2012, 8:23 PM
Here's a little more info on the pistol:

PnpprZgirKs

Hmmmm that ending was scary. My interest level just dropped by 50% :(

Javi
08-11-2012, 9:37 PM
Don't shoot on a muddy range & you'll be fine :) I'd definitely buy it for $400.

gasol1ne
08-12-2012, 4:56 AM
At SHOT they said they were going to get it in the California roster. I guess they changed their minds.

leitung
08-12-2012, 10:17 AM
I was gonna pick one up they got em up here in the local shop.. They feel comfortable.

hkdad
08-12-2012, 11:40 AM
sweet!

m03
08-12-2012, 11:51 AM
At SHOT they said they were going to get it in the California roster. I guess they changed their minds.

...or they're still trying, or it didn't pass the roster tests, etc.

JeremyS
08-12-2012, 2:07 PM
I was thinking about picking one up, as I think they look cool and are one more advancement on the Steyr design, but now I'm going to wait to see if that Russian Strike One craziness actually comes to the states this fall/winter before making a decision on a striker-fired polymer toy.

Ripon83
08-12-2012, 2:10 PM
The dealer listed was great when I bought a rostered 1911 from them, but they refuse to ship a non rostered gun to my FFL for a SSE.