PDA

View Full Version : Red Dawn Trailer!!

safewaysecurity
08-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Yes! Its finally here. What do you guys think. Btw I didn't see ARs.

k6T2Q4bBcUU

surplus-addict
08-10-2012, 11:06 PM
:dupe:

cmmgar15
08-10-2012, 11:08 PM
EPIC!

killathrilla
08-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Bout fracking time!!!!

NissanPreRunner
08-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Yes! Its finally here. What do you guys think. Btw I didn't see ARs.
Finally, its about time. I loved the original one. Too expensive? Might as well use the preferred weapon of the the enemy to take a page from Heartbreak Ridge.

Better not be a :dupe:

ImpaktechUSA
08-11-2012, 12:40 AM
we have Thor

Emdawg
08-11-2012, 12:48 AM
Stupid commies...:chinese: :33:

WOLVERINES!!!!!:79:

gobler
08-11-2012, 1:57 AM
Looks like fun. I'm down for it. Although nothing will beat the original. Man it was something seeing kids my age kicking Ruski *****

Sent from somewhere in space & time...

ninjawho?
08-11-2012, 2:21 AM
:sleeping:

Fjold
08-11-2012, 8:44 AM
Dialogue is a little stereotypical.

Blackcrow
08-11-2012, 10:22 AM
But, we would have no chance with small arms against tanks and jets and drones... :rolleyes:

TreadonmenoT
08-11-2012, 11:10 AM
looks kinda corney

bodger
08-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Red Yawn, just like the first one.

Kokopelli
08-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Good guys with guns. What's not to like? :cool:

latesvak
08-11-2012, 11:57 AM
Not a big fan of remakes but I thin this one looks pretty good .

Latesvak

steelrain82
08-11-2012, 11:58 AM
im gonna watch it. and im thinking no ar's because it looked like a rural area which probably means lots of bolts for hunting. dont expect much out of it except lots of cheesy action and guns.

CessnaDriver
08-11-2012, 11:59 AM
I find the premise of N. Korea invading laughable.
Regardless of how much help they got.

The Gleam
08-11-2012, 12:09 PM
looks kinda corney

Agree. While the original had its corny moments also, it had a raw, seat-of-the pants feel with a make-do with what you have aspect. A bit of survivalist mentality as well with basic resources.

This one looks ridiculous with Die-Hard/Matrix style CGI stunts and really bad cliche dialogue. It looks like it has lost it's "behind every blade of grass" concept that Milius envisioned in the original.

And was the older brother a Marine in the original? I don't seem to recall that was the case, and is that something being added by Hollywood conceptual PC ideology to give that character some form of "credibility" as to his ability or firearm proficiency, as if he couldn't have had that without military "training"? So his firearms ownership and use is then OK?

Mmmpph.

a1c
08-11-2012, 12:24 PM
The original is a classic because it's campy and involuntarily funny in many spots. Then there is the Reagan-era rah-rah thing, provided by Milius and his simplistic geopolitical views ("Europe? They surrendered, what do you expect" - which was ironic considering his story was inspired by his own account by European resistance during WW2), and the silly lines.

I suspect some people will find it a bit disturbing to see teenagers defending their country by using guerilla tactics which, in another context, would be labeled terrorism (remember, that's how the Germans designated resistants during the War).

If this movie takes itself too seriously, then it's probably gonna suck more than it probably already does.

mexicancolt1
08-11-2012, 1:05 PM
Thought I saw a MP, AK, Mac-10 and 1911. I guess they couldnt afford an AR

WReyth
08-11-2012, 3:33 PM
And was the older brother a Marine in the original? I don't seem to recall that was the case, and is that something being added by Hollywood conceptual PC ideology to give that character some form of "credibility" as to his ability or firearm proficiency, as if he couldn't have had that without military "training"? So his firearms ownership and use is then OK?

Mmmpph.

Jed and Matt in the original were taught to be able to live off the land by their father:

Jed: Now, Mattie and me have been coming up into the mountains all our lives. We can hunt, we can fish, we can stay up here a long, long time..."

Mr. Eckert: I made you boys do some things... some things that made you hate me sometimes. But now you understand, don't you?"

From what I remember, Jed was working for their father after high school. It didn't mention him being in the military.

Maxwell
08-11-2012, 6:32 PM
my opinion...

Just another movie that did not need to be remade.

The original still stands up. It doesn't need anything from today's technology.

(That said, it still looks like it could possibly be cool. Or is will just make me mad that they ruined the name "Red Dawn"))

CessnaDriver
08-11-2012, 6:51 PM
Jed and Matt in the original were taught to be able to live off the land by their father:

Jed: Now, Mattie and me have been coming up into the mountains all our lives. We can hunt, we can fish, we can stay up here a long, long time..."

Mr. Eckert: I made you boys do some things... some things that made you hate me sometimes. But now you understand, don't you?"

From what I remember, Jed was working for their father after high school. It didn't mention him being in the military.

That's one thing I am curious if they will preserve.The teaching of self sufficiency and being tough by the parents as the Miliius film portrayed.
These days an invader could just hand out Ipads and the latest hip atheletic shoes and the kids would bow in subservience tweeting and facebooking how awesome it is.

Would the fathers today scream "Avenge me!!!!"?

Or say.. "Score me an Ipad too bro!!!! "

Rem222
08-11-2012, 7:53 PM

Would the dupe police please go away...

pantera52
08-11-2012, 8:08 PM
Been waiting for this for a couple years now. Hope my excitement will be validated. We shall see.

MrOrange
08-11-2012, 9:25 PM
I find the premise of N. Korea invading laughable.
Regardless of how much help they got.
It was supposed to be the Chinese, but then somebody figured that wasn't a good idea. Insert conspiracy theory.

The original is a classic because it's campy and involuntarily funny in many spots. Then there is the Reagan-era rah-rah thing, provided by Milius and his simplistic geopolitical views ("Europe? They surrendered, what do you expect" - which was ironic considering his story was inspired by his own account by European resistance during WW2), and the silly lines.

I suspect some people will find it a bit disturbing to see teenagers defending their country by using guerilla tactics which, in another context, would be labeled terrorism (remember, that's how the Germans designated resistants during the War).

If this movie takes itself too seriously, then it's probably gonna suck more than it probably already does.

Why, yes, it is simply disturbing when people love their country. Stupid jingoistic bastards!

BTW:
Europe? They're sitting this one out. I guess they figured twice in one century is enough. All except England, and she won't last long.

bob7122
08-11-2012, 9:31 PM
if it is still North Korea invading then i will pass.

bob7122
08-11-2012, 9:31 PM
if it is still North Korea invading then i will pass.

bsg
08-11-2012, 10:15 PM
the original was good, and one that i could watch more than once. if the remake tries too hard to best what Red Dawn brought to the viewing audience, imho it will fail at that effort.

Fate
08-11-2012, 10:18 PM

LOL. Yep. Movie is a DUPE.

scottunit1
08-12-2012, 10:34 AM
cant wait!!

Scratch705
08-12-2012, 1:42 PM
i find it funny how people are hung up on the fact that it is N. Korea invading, when in the original, it was Cuba invading the USA, imo that is just as ridiculous since Cuba probably only has the population size of LA.

TS77
08-12-2012, 4:49 PM
Cool, now I'll be sure to have Turkey AND Corny for Thanksgiving :rofl2:

SURVIVOR619
08-12-2012, 5:27 PM
Movies are supposed to be entertaining... Looks entertaining to me. I plan to watch and enjoy it! Wolverines unite!! Thanks for sharing the trailer.

a1c
08-12-2012, 5:30 PM
i find it funny how people are hung up on the fact that it is N. Korea invading, when in the original, it was Cuba invading the USA, imo that is just as ridiculous since Cuba probably only has the population size of LA.

Hmmm... You need to watch that movie again. :D

In the original, the Soviets were invading. Cuban troops were just their for support as allies. That poor Cuban officer (who was all lonely and missing his home country) was freezing his butt off in the Alaska winter.

QQQ
08-12-2012, 6:59 PM

Mmmpph.

I agree. They didn't have to make the guy a Marine. There are already plenty of movies about ex-military guys kicking butt. Very few Americans can relate to this.

I'll still watch the movie, though.

MrExel17
08-12-2012, 7:39 PM
Meh, original still kicks*****

smle-man
08-12-2012, 7:48 PM
Hmmm... You need to watch that movie again. :D

In the original, the Soviets were invading. Cuban troops were just their for support as allies. That poor Cuban officer (who was all lonely and missing his home country) was freezing his butt off in the Alaska winter.

Errr..you mean Colorado winter?

FX-05 Xiuhcoatl
08-12-2012, 7:49 PM
can't wait for this movie to come out

a1c
08-12-2012, 8:00 PM
Errr..you mean Colorado winter?

Yes! Obviously I'm not the only one with a cloudy memory of the film. :D

5shot
08-12-2012, 9:01 PM
I was reading more about this, and apparently the movie was finished and set for release in 2010. But, there was so much protest in the Chinese press that the movie was re worked to make the invaders North Korean. Chinese flags and logos were changed to N. Korean, as was the language. Seems the producers didn't want to lose the huge Chinese market for American movies.