PDA

View Full Version : A new gun owner is born!

thenodnarb
08-10-2012, 9:09 PM
Well my buddy just bought his first gun from Bud's. I've been working on him to buy a gun for the last 2 years or so. When we first started talking about guns and the 2nd amendment, he was of the mind that it was to protect hunting. Obviously he was influenced by the antis but in general wasn't interested in guns at first. I told him right off the bat the 2nd amendment had to do with protecting us from the gov. and for personal defense. He understood it immediately and became receptive to gun ownership.

He just bought a new Italian made Beretta 92FS. He is stoaked!

I'm posting this to encourage others to talk to their friends who don't own guns. The most effective way we can influence gun rights IMO is to "convert" someone. Once they are a gun owner, they (should) become more aware of gun issues and are more likely to vote for people who are on our side.

Now its time to work on my other friend. He wants a gun but can't "afford" it. time to make him see that your first gun is the most important investment you can make! :13:

Rightwinger
08-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Congrats to your friends first gun.. The first is the most important. Mine was an RIA 1911 tactical in .45. Now I'm hooked and my Local Gun Store is loving me. :gunsmilie:

wjc
08-11-2012, 5:41 PM
Nice going!

Now get him to buy a shotgun and a long gun.

:D

MrOrange
08-11-2012, 8:36 PM
Am I the only person who thought this was going to be about a little thenodnarb jr?:)

Even better, I'm assuming a junior would be gun guy, converting an adult is a lot harder. And even though it's not a GOVERNMENT MODEL, he still gets a thumbs up for a government model.

Hearty handshakes all 'round!

bsg
08-11-2012, 9:31 PM
good job.

.45heat
08-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Good Job OP, I converted a co worker at work. I sold him a Sig P229 for a steal. Now he is hooked, and also spoiled and wants me to sell him a 1911 for the same kind of bargain. Lol.

thenodnarb
08-12-2012, 5:22 PM
Thanks. He's already admitted that this is only his FIRST gun. I think he wants a 1911 next. :43:

Oh, and thenodnarb Jr. is still a couple years away. But rest assured he/she will be :63: by grade school.

chknlyps2
08-12-2012, 5:32 PM
Now its time to work on my other friend. He wants a gun but can't "afford" it. time to make him see that your first gun is the most important investment you can make! :13:

Should have sold him that Mosin I got from you, he could have made payments... LOL

Am I the only person who thought this was going to be about a little thenodnarb jr?

Thats what I thought at first

thenodnarb
08-12-2012, 5:44 PM
Should have sold him that Mosin I got from you, he could have made payments... LOL

I thought of that, but he wants a shotgun. I can't blame him. If I see a good deal an a used 870, i'll probably pick it up, and sell it to him. Well, I need a pump myself, so maybe if I see TWO good deals :D

Hows that mosin shootin for ya?

MrExel17
08-12-2012, 6:40 PM
Nice, congrats!

chknlyps2
08-12-2012, 6:50 PM
I thought of that, but he wants a shotgun. I can't blame him. If I see a good deal an a used 870, i'll probably pick it up, and sell it to him. Well, I need a pump myself, so maybe if I see TWO good deals :D

Hows that mosin shootin for ya?

I have not shot it yet, only been to the range once since I met you and that was a .22 day. Next time out I am going to take it, it has a nice bore so it should do fine. Well if you see 3 good deals on an 870 let me know, I am in the market too.;)

fighterpilot562
08-12-2012, 7:04 PM
Congrats! It is always good to turn people to guns. My buddy about to buy his first gun, I am still going over a few detail with his is all.

phdo
08-12-2012, 7:07 PM
I took my friend to BLM and let him at it with all my toys. He had a blast. I've been trying to get him to buy a gun ever since. He's saving up. Can't wait until he gets his own. Another one converted.