PDA

View Full Version : LC9 or S&W Shield

bcj128
08-10-2012, 7:36 PM
So I currently have a Ruger LC9 for my deep concealment (t-shirt & shorts) gun. I love the size, but hate the trigger pull. I carry Glocks on duty, and the LC9 just isn't even remotely similar to the Glocks trigger.

I've seen ads for the Shield, and even handled one on a shop. Very similar in size with my LC9, but a trigger that's nicer. Can anyone advise the benefits between the two?

Also, what would be a fair price to ask for the LC9, it's in excellent condition, 3 mags, 2 IWB holsters and box papers...

Thanks

shipwreck
08-11-2012, 5:33 AM
All I can say is that I loved my first shield so much, I spent 2.5 months trying to track down a second one. I have almost 2k thru the pair now. Favorite subcompacts I have ever owned, and I have had several

theneko
08-11-2012, 5:57 AM
Shield.

giantsfan
08-11-2012, 6:00 AM
I just sold my lc9 with 3 mags, 50 rounds, box, case, papers, no holster for $350 with less than 100 rounds down range.
Have you thought about a g26? A little more bulky than an lc9 but the redundancy in the trigger might be worth the difference in size?
I love my 26.

I don't know anything about the shield so I'm no help there.

FUBAR
08-11-2012, 7:24 AM
I checked out the Shield thinking it would replace my M&P9C. It isn't that much smaller than the 9C with reduced capacity so I passed on it.

MrOrange
08-11-2012, 5:36 PM
Can't really help you out, never handled either one, but from what I've seen around the webby it looks like the Shield is a lot more reliable.

Real reason for posting: Since you own one and have examined the other, maybe you can help me out with a question that's not easy to answer with spec sheets.

Many times guns will have near-identical specs but be drastically different in "feel", or concealability. The Sig 290 is an example, while it looks like it would be an easy pocket gun like the PF9/LC9, reports from real-world users say it feels chunkier than either of those, and just doesn't sit right in a pocket. I'm thinking the Shield would be the same way, just looking at pics of how blocky the front of the slide is.

Would you say the Shield is as slim & trim & pocketable as the LC9?

!@#$
08-11-2012, 6:17 PM
I checked out the Shield thinking it would replace my M&P9C. It isn't that much smaller than the 9C with reduced capacity so I passed on it.

it needs to be PM9 sized to move from a MPc or g26/27.

bcj128
08-12-2012, 7:03 AM
Can't really help you out, never handled either one, but from what I've seen around the webby it looks like the Shield is a lot more reliable.

Real reason for posting: Since you own one and have examined the other, maybe you can help me out with a question that's not easy to answer with spec sheets.

Many times guns will have near-identical specs but be drastically different in "feel", or concealability. The Sig 290 is an example, while it looks like it would be an easy pocket gun like the PF9/LC9, reports from real-world users say it feels chunkier than either of those, and just doesn't sit right in a pocket. I'm thinking the Shield would be the same way, just looking at pics of how blocky the front of the slide is.

Would you say the Shield is as slim & trim & pocketable as the LC9?

The width of both guns in very close, so not much difference there. However, the length is slightly less, and the overall gun is contoured to round the edges, so that does give it a slight edge in concealability.

Daytripper63
08-12-2012, 5:03 PM
If you already have an LC9 then get the new Galloway trigger assembly, they shortened and smoothed up the trigger pull.