PDA

View Full Version : SR22, just dros'd

corcoraj2002
08-10-2012, 3:24 PM
So I just put my Ruger SR22 on the 10 wait. I bought 400 rounds of CCI mini-mag .22lr.

I am a center fire guy. Are there any pointers you rimfire guys think I might need to know?

Main reason I bought it was 1) cheap ammo and b) my gf does not like the recoil of my 9mm .40 or my .45 so she wants to get into shooting and I thought this would be a good starter gun for her.

far from tactical
08-10-2012, 8:56 PM
Good luck on the ten days ... I get to pick mine up after 5:31 tomarrow

Squidward
08-11-2012, 6:30 AM
So I just put my Ruger SR22 on the 10 wait. I bought 400 rounds of CCI mini-mag .22lr.

I am a center fire guy. Are there any pointers you rimfire guys think I might need to know?

Main reason I bought it was 1) cheap ammo and b) my gf does not like the recoil of my 9mm .40 or my .45 so she wants to get into shooting and I thought this would be a good starter gun for her.

No real pointers but Bulk ammo works fine in the SR22. And don't be surprised if the GF doesn't want to return the SR!

corcoraj2002
08-11-2012, 1:13 PM
That's the idea. If she really likes it I'll get her.

force951
08-12-2012, 8:10 PM
I just bought my SR-22 on Friday. I took the GF shooting for the first time a few months ago. We shot the SR-22 and she liked it, so hopefully having our own will get her to try it out some more.

OIF0708
08-12-2012, 10:05 PM
The wife loves mine(now hers for some reason). She shoots everything we own quite well but she enjoys shooting the SR22. She says it's just FUN for her and more enjoyable than some of the others. With the cost of ammo these days you almost, sorta, kinda need one, OK, you have to have a 22LR. the SR22 is a great little plinker, just don't expect precision accuracy (more on that later). If it is like mine and most that I have heard about it will be great. Works great with bulk ammo, probably being the biggest plus of all but does affect accuracy. For the price you just can't beat it.

corcoraj2002
08-13-2012, 1:29 PM
Cool.

Looking forward to collecting it Monday (7 more days) lol.

Izzy43
08-13-2012, 2:58 PM
Pointers.

1. Of course clean it before you shoot it.
2. Be prepared to adjust the sights, it takes a very small screwdriver.
3. Do not shoot Hyper-Velocity ammo in it, nothing hotter than High Velocity (1300FPS or below). I got that straight from Ruger in response to my email.
4. Standard velocity ammo cycles the pistol just fine.
5. It is REALLY LOUD with that short barrel.
6. I have shot 5 or 6 different ammos thru mine without one single issue. The guy on Gunblast.com who reviewed the pistol shot 19 different brands/types of ammo without one single issue. It eats anything.

Enjoy, enyoy. Its a neat little pistol with obvious quality built in.

corcoraj2002
08-13-2012, 7:32 PM
Pointers.

1. Of course clean it before you shoot it.
2. Be prepared to adjust the sights, it takes a very small screwdriver.
3. Do not shoot Hyper-Velocity ammo in it, nothing hotter than High Velocity (1300FPS or below). I got that straight from Ruger in response to my email.
4. Standard velocity ammo cycles the pistol just fine.
5. It is REALLY LOUD with that short barrel.
6. I have shot 5 or 6 different ammos thru mine without one single issue. The guy on Gunblast.com who reviewed the pistol shot 19 different brands/types of ammo without one single issue. It eats anything.

Enjoy, enyoy. Its a neat little pistol with obvious quality built in.

Izzy,

Thanks for that. Only 7 more days.

MIAMIbaseballer
08-13-2012, 7:35 PM
All the chicks love the sr22.... I'm sure yours will too. It's a great gun and every ammo I've used works fine. Get the bulk stuff, no need to waste on the CCI

Mr_Fastbucks
08-16-2012, 8:08 AM
I love this new crop of .22's that replicate their bigger brothers in functionality and handling. They are great for plinking and training new shooters, something we should all be doing.

Buy extra magazines.