PDA

View Full Version : Help with Sig customer service

shortyforty
08-10-2012, 4:05 PM
I am asking for help/advice from anyone who has had success in skirting Sig's $55 shipping charge for returning a defective gun. My Sig mosquito broke on me and I cannot bring myself to spend anymore $$$ on this gun. I'm into it already for $300+. Besides, I do not have the funds to pay for the shipping right now. I've called twice in an attempt to get Sig to send me a shipping label at no cost but they will not budge. I even left a message with someone in management. No call back. Nothing. The gun is no longer under warranty (1yr) but has been used very little. I would think that with all of the issues Sig has had with the Mosquito, they would at least offer to pick up the shipping charge. Am I S.O.L. or what? I wish I would have done more research into the mosquito before buying. Live and learn.

FLAWLS1
08-10-2012, 8:06 PM
What? I've sent my Sig to them recently and they sent me a shipping label. They messed something up and I re-sent them my Sig last week. They sent me a shipping label for the second time as well. Call Sig Sauer and ask for Josh. He took care of me the first time and now this 2nd time. Also, Sig Sauer is lifetime warranty!!

lordres
08-10-2012, 8:10 PM
Did you buy the Sig brand new or was it a used purchase?

shortyforty
08-10-2012, 9:22 PM
What? I've sent my Sig to them recently and they sent me a shipping label. They messed something up and I re-sent them my Sig last week. They sent me a shipping label for the second time as well. Call Sig Sauer and ask for Josh. He took care of me the first time and now this 2nd time. Also, Sig Sauer is lifetime warranty!!

Flawls1, thanks for the info. I will ask for Josh and see where that gets me. The mosquito carries a 1 yr warranty only. I guess that should speak to the anticipated quality of the weapon.

shortyforty
08-10-2012, 9:25 PM
Did you buy the Sig brand new or was it a used purchase?

lordres, I bought the gun brand spankin new from my local gun store. I never even questioned the quality and it never even crossed my mind to look into it's reputation. I mean....it's a Sig right? Not so with this one guys. I'm very disappointed in the way I've been treated thus far. I finally got the gun to run right with most ammo and then KABLAAAAM! The damn thing breaks on me. :mad:

M_lizar
08-11-2012, 9:17 AM
My Sig was defective and was sent a shipping label. There must be a miss-communication

zfields
08-11-2012, 9:20 AM
I am asking for help/advice from anyone who has had success in skirting Sig's $55 shipping charge for returning a defective gun. My Sig mosquito broke on me and I cannot bring myself to spend anymore $$$ on this gun. I'm into it already for $300+. Besides, I do not have the funds to pay for the shipping right now. I've called twice in an attempt to get Sig to send me a shipping label at no cost but they will not budge. I even left a message with someone in management. No call back. Nothing. The gun is no longer under warranty (1yr) but has been used very little. I would think that with all of the issues Sig has had with the Mosquito, they would at least offer to pick up the shipping charge. Am I S.O.L. or what? I wish I would have done more research into the mosquito before buying. Live and learn.

So, why do you think they would pay for it now?

jessegpresley
08-11-2012, 9:25 AM
What's wrong with it?

shortyforty
08-11-2012, 3:15 PM
What's wrong with it?

The mosquito has a manual safety mounted on the slide. The safety is ambidexterous and also secures the breech block to the slide assembly by passing through the breech block. While shooting the gun a few weeks back the safety mechanism broke in half and sh$% went everywhere. I don't know what's missing now. I have two pieces that I picked up off of the ground that I know came from my gun. Left side safety lever and the right side safety lever with a sheared off screw in it. Why in the hell would Sig add a manual safety to the mosquito any way????? The p series guns are made without a manual/thumb type safety. So now when the slide is removed from the frame the breech block just kinda wobbles and hangs there because there is little to nothing holding in place.

shortyforty
08-11-2012, 3:25 PM
So, why do you think they would pay for it now?

I realize that the warranty has expired. However, the gun has been used very little and NEVER abused. I should have researched the gun more before buying. My fault and I know that. I bought a lemon and the mosquito issues are all over the web. I was just hoping to hear from people who may have had a better/different experience than myself. Maybe someone like Flawls1 who suggested that I try to contact "Josh" because he provided great CS. Some refer to it as networking. Maybe someone has family or a friend working with Sig that would be willing to step in. I dunno. In my opinion, the way that I've been treated so far does not speak well of Sig's CS.

kouye
08-11-2012, 4:22 PM
I think you're SOL unfortunately. I had no issues with a new Sig under warranty. I did have to contact them and they asked for pictures of the problem areas before approving shipping it to them on their dime, but once I did that, I wasn't hassled at all.