PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Benelli M2 Field Today

ZNinerFan
08-10-2012, 3:04 PM
Went in to pick up my handgun after the 10 day wait today and decided to get my first shotgun.

I had been looking at Benelli semi auto's for a while and decided to get a black synthetic M2 Field with a 21" barrel.

The 21" barrel seemed like a versatile intermediate length for most applications outside of long distance fowl hunting.

Super jazzed about this purchase and look forward to shooting clays to break it in when I finally take it home after the 10 day wait.

I'll need to get some 12 gauge brushes for my Otis kit.

Anything else you guys recommend I should get? Any suggestions on ammo for the initial break in?

Any info you can toss my way is appreciated.

Fherot
08-10-2012, 4:56 PM
Quote from NRA legal news.

The final conference report on the combined Fiscal Year 2012 Agriculture, Commerce/Justice/Science (CJS) and Transportation/Housing/Urban Development (THUD) Appropriations bills—also known as the “Mini-Bus,” was passed by both the U.S. House and the U.S. Senate, and has been signed into law.

The most relevant new law passed is:

Shotgun Importation Protections. Prohibits the Department of Justice from requiring imported shotguns to meet a “sporting purposes” test that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) has used to prohibit the importation of shotguns with one or more features disliked by the Agency, such as adjustable stocks, extended magazine tubes, etc.

And if anything I'm pretty sure this is your gun right:

http://www.benelliusa.com/shotguns/benelli-performance-shop-m2-3-gun-model.php

You just painted over the silly logos.

Fherot
08-10-2012, 5:18 PM
Also I'm very jealous, deftonately want a M2 next purchase. Congratulations on one of the perfect 'if you only had one' shotguns.

agent.5
08-10-2012, 5:27 PM
go for the full 3 gun treatment.