PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Back Orders

DFF
08-10-2012, 7:36 AM
I ordered a few things from Parallax Tactical this past Tuesday, and today I get an order update stating my pistol grip for my AR is on back order for "roughly" two weeks despite them having "4" in stock since at least Tuesday. :mnl:

Just venting. :)

Montu
08-10-2012, 7:38 AM
If it says in stock and its not I generally get mad and cancel

DFF
08-10-2012, 7:43 AM
Yeah, I thought about canceling, but I still need a few other things to complete my build. So its not like the pistol grip would be the only thing holding it up.

Merc1138
08-10-2012, 8:02 AM
I'd have immediately cancelled the order.

Pre-ordering, and ordering an item that I know is backordered is one thing. Being told after the fact when the website had the item clearly listed as "in stock" means they pretty much lied to me about it. Of course when I'm calling to cancel my order I've had companies tell me they can't help it, their inventory system isn't live(then why did it have a quantity listed if it can't update the quantity...), they'll be fixing it soon, blah blah blah.

It's the modern equivalent of when brick and mortar retail stores put an item in the sale ad for a ludicrously low price, just to get you to drive to the store only to find out they had only 1 in stock. Except now the online retailer has your payment information and possibly money already.

shadowofnight
08-10-2012, 8:40 AM
I'd have immediately cancelled the order.

Pre-ordering, and ordering an item that I know is backordered is one thing. Being told after the fact when the website had the item clearly listed as "in stock" means they pretty much lied to me about it. Of course when I'm calling to cancel my order I've had companies tell me they can't help it, their inventory system isn't live(then why did it have a quantity listed if it can't update the quantity...), they'll be fixing it soon, blah blah blah.

It's the modern equivalent of when brick and mortar retail stores put an item in the sale ad for a ludicrously low price, just to get you to drive to the store only to find out they had only 1 in stock. Except now the online retailer has your payment information and possibly money already.

This

And to avoid the OP's problem, most online retailers have a comments section during the order process( Some even have a checkable box to not backorder parts ) ...I always type in upper case letters " DO NOT BACKORDER ANY ITEMS "

That way , if they do add the backordered items to the charge...you really have a good reason to cancel the order and never use them again.

FamilyofShooters
08-10-2012, 8:56 AM
I know how you feel..I ordered a new Burris AR-536 scope from Optic Planets....BACK ORDERED I was going to cancel but a nice young lady at least called me and let me know they'd be in in 4 weeks.