Closing. PSA has changed their website.

G-Man WC
08-10-2012, 5:29 AM
Sounds like a FreakShow!
Hope you get it resolved soon..

-g

Palmetto State Armory
08-10-2012, 5:50 AM
Your Order #100064979 (placed on July 26, 2012 2:05:32 AM EDT)

Each upper assembly page clearly states the following:
*Please allow at least 15 business days for your Complete Assembled Upper to ship from our facility. Holiday and special lead times can be longer*

It has not been 15 business days yet if you placed your order on the 26th. Also, our summer free shipping event did not specify any end date. It was subject to end at any time.

I'm not sure what the problem with getting through to customer service is. There are multiple representatives back there answering the phones and e-mails all day Mon-Fri. We don't have a phone bank, so getting through while all lines are busy is not possible. I will let our IT dept. know that it is not going to voicemail correctly.

Thanks,

Bete Noire
08-10-2012, 6:02 AM
Wow. What a bunch of... Not even an "I'm sorry for the confusion, we'll get on it right away". Must have gone to the same training seminar as the unpleasant folks at rirflegear.

Helixfury
08-10-2012, 6:09 AM
You can't get any business from me, that I am sure of!

Palmetto State Armory
08-10-2012, 6:35 AM
Wow. What a bunch of... Not even an "I'm sorry for the confusion, we'll get on it right away". Must have gone to the same training seminar as the unpleasant folks at rirflegear.

His upper is still in production and within the time period that is stated before purchase. The issue here seems to be a misunderstanding of the shipment period.

*Please allow at least 15 business days for your Complete Assembled Upper to ship from our facility. Holiday and special lead times can be longer*

Shipping labels are created shortly after orders are placed. Shipping labels update when the product leaves our facility and are en route to their destination. You will be emailed tracking information when the order leaves our facility, however if you receive one shortly after you place your order and it remains dormant, donít be alarmed. Your tracking information will be updated when it leaves our facility and is still subject to the aforementioned lead time. If your tracking number goes beyond the listed lead time please get in contact with us via email or phone and we will look into your issue.

Signature required on delivery.

kel-tec-innovations
08-10-2012, 6:37 AM
Its sad many gun shops acts the opposite to this quote.

http://www.qualitygurus.com/quotes/files/2010/10/Gandhi-on-Customer.jpg

Bobula
08-10-2012, 6:42 AM
15 days in not a bad lead time for a semi custom upper. Especially with all the information listed on the website stating how their process works. The OP sounds like he's so upset (by his own mistake or oversight) that there's not much PSA could do for him anyway.

tleeocinca
08-10-2012, 6:56 AM
Its sad many gun shops acts the opposite to this quote.

http://www.qualitygurus.com/quotes/files/2010/10/Gandhi-on-Customer.jpg

Sorry to say, this way of thinking is the problem with society today. Everyone feels a sense of entitlement and most are shocked when they get a dose of reality check. It seems to me that the person who placed the order neglected to read the full terms and should accept responsibility and apologize.

Arisaka
08-10-2012, 7:11 AM
I am still waiting for a gas tube I ordered from rock river a month ago.... chill.

Palmetto State Armory
08-10-2012, 11:12 AM
your customer service is certainly lacking. making excuses is not good business practice.

Making excuses about?

RazzB7
08-10-2012, 11:22 AM
If PSA does everything they said they were going to do in their terms and conditions, where is the breakdown? It says 15 business days.

Aces and 8s
08-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Someone sounds like a complainer who fails to read terms. I hate this, I deal with people exactly like this who don't read. I love the where my package I ordered it over night questions. Yea, you did order it over night at 9pm when we were closed so no your not getting it today it will be there tomorrow!

End incoherent rant.

monk
08-10-2012, 11:34 AM
If PSA does everything they said they were going to do in their terms and conditions, where is the breakdown? It says 15 business days.

This. I say psa should apologize if there was a failure on their part. They can't help, nor should they be held accountable for a customer's lack of reading comprehension.

As far as the reasonable amount of time posted above, the customer agreed to the time frame when he purchased the items.

CSACANNONEER
08-10-2012, 11:34 AM
I suggest that the OP calms down, rereads this thread (including his posts) with an open mind. Maybe then, he'll see the error of his ways. I've never done business nor do I have any conection with PSA but, from what I've seen in this thread, I'd feel very comfortable ording from them. I'd also feel very comfortable refusing to do business with the OP due to his attitude and sense of entitlement.

OK, I really think that PSA should drop everything else and make this little order their #1 priority. They should call the OP and let him know that they will fill the order tonight, rent a helicoptor and fly it directly to his home so that the owner/CEO can hand deliver it to the OP with a big appology and a basket full of free firearms too.

Palmetto State Armory
08-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Thank you for posting this quote. it seems pride of workmanship and honor in serving the customer is getting to be a rare thing for SOME "business's" and then they are "shocked" when they are not doing well all of a sudden and blame the customer. We all need each other in this country. we all need to help each other in any way we can. I understand process's take time but reasonable time. They can keep the attitude that I am just one customer but making excuses is not well received by the public and we are not uneducated in processes. it is funny how you can have a great product business then the the public turns on you then "what happened, well I guess we need to start laying people off", etc... you I AM SURE get the point.
Chris.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say here.

Sometimes uppers ship +/- 15 business days due to the building process. An order placed an hour ahead of yours could possibly be 100+ orders in front of yours in line to be built. We aren't perfect, and we make mistakes. If your upper still hasn't shipped by business day 16 you can send me a PM and I will have someone look into it for you.

Thanks,

tradecraft
08-10-2012, 11:54 AM
Thank you for posting this quote. it seems pride of workmanship and honor in serving the customer is getting to be a rare thing for SOME "business's" and then they are "shocked" when they are not doing well all of a sudden and blame the customer. We all need each other in this country. we all need to help each other in any way we can. I understand process's take time but reasonable time. They can keep the attitude that I am just one customer but making excuses is not well received by the public and we are not uneducated in processes. it is funny how you can have a great product business then the the public turns on you then "what happened, well I guess we need to start laying people off", etc... you I AM SURE get the point.
Chris.

Dude what are you rambling on about? Do you know what a 'business day' is or not?

IdahoF350
08-10-2012, 11:58 AM
"Yeah, so like, I ordered this thing off your website last night, ok? Well, your website said it was in stock and that you have same day shipping, ok? So like, I want to know why it's not here this morning? You guys should refund me the shipping for the inconvenience, I needed it here today!"

No joke, I've taken that call. And hundreds of variations on it. Some customers are incapable of understanding the concepts of business hours, business days, processing time, manufacture lead times, back orders. It's eBay, Amazon, and other mass distribution channels fault, they have perpetuated the get it now sentiment for over a decade and forced online sellers who operate retail stores to respond with aggressive and sometimes irresponsible practices to stay competitive while not respecting their own needs to operate in an increasingly competitive online environment. Buyers who don't work in online retail don't see this side of things, they just want it at their door tomorrow.

wendys
08-10-2012, 12:06 PM
It is always kind of upsetting to read posts like the OP's. It states on their website pretty much on every Page you access that shipping times are delayed especially for uppers.

Isn't it a known fact that currently gun sales and gun related sales are through the roof? Why do you think everything is out of stock so quickly?

I ordered almost all of my parts from PSA and even though a shipment was a little delayed they responded to all my emails within one day as well as forum posts. They seem like good people trying to keep up with demand, give them some time to adjust to the influx of customers and hopefully soon they can provide a speedier service.

I know this was a last resort for you because apparently you couldn't get in touch with them but you really are jumping the gun too quickly.
From my experience they seem like some good people over there. I'm sure they will make it up to you. And their products are excellent as well as prices. From my positive experience I would vouch for them and recommend them to anyone.

Paper Boy
08-10-2012, 12:15 PM

You can't get any business from me, that I am sure of!

I love when people pile on to a vender before knowing all the details...

His upper is still in production and within the time period that is stated before purchase. The issue here seems to be a misunderstanding of the shipment period.

Reading comprehension fail by the OP. Honestly PSA at the MOST owes an appology for taking a while to respond to an email. But lets be honest with the current run on ammo and guns even the most well staffed gun shops are having trouble keeping up.

Take a deep breath and realize they still have time to complete your order in the 15 business days you agreed to when you hit "Submit"

Rand B. Wilson
08-10-2012, 12:42 PM
The customer is NOT always right: http://success.grownupgeek.com/index.php/2008/11/07/idiot-customer/

...Just sayin...

Xingu
08-10-2012, 12:54 PM

It sounds as if PSA is in the right with the "facts" as they are presented. I approve of them asserting themselves from customer "bullies" who demand instant gratification. No wonder business are leaving California at a rapid pace. It's not the taxes, its the customers.

RazzB7
08-10-2012, 1:07 PM
http://www.halosoap.com/images/BabyProducts/HealingButtBalm.JPG

Rand B. Wilson
08-10-2012, 1:24 PM
The customer is NOT always right: http://success.grownupgeek.com/index.php/2008/11/07/idiot-customer/
Saying what exactly? "idiot-customer" ???wtf! RBW

This was not directed at you. It was responding to the idea that "no matter what, the customer is always right and should always get whatever they want" ... this is just no longer true.

frankm
08-10-2012, 1:43 PM
I've dealt with them twice before and will again. They're slow, but they build it, it's to spec, and they even test fire it before shipping out. That in itself, is worth a little extra time.

Paper Boy
08-10-2012, 1:48 PM
I guess "I misunderstood" and did not read everything that was not directly on the ordering page

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-16-6-8-spcii-1-11-hammer-forged-mid-length-lighter-profile-mp-upper.html

There is the link to the upper you ordered. Scroll down to the details. See the info in red?

Directly on the ordering page.... Just saying.

Cerberus
08-10-2012, 1:59 PM
Each upper assembly page clearly states the following:

I'm not sure what the problem with getting through to customer service is. There are multiple representatives back there answering the phones and e-mails all day Mon-Fri.

I'm calling bull*****
I called and emailed several times and didn't get a response till the product was shipped, 12 days after the order. 12 days to throw a lower parts kit in the mail? There are too many companies willing to get your orders out same day or next day. Things need to change if you're going to stay competitive. Good luck.

WOLFN8TR
08-10-2012, 1:59 PM
I've ALS purchased items from PSA in the past. Always got what I ordered in a timely manner. I'm sure their "Free Shipping" is pretty hot right now so shipping time is a bit longer. Oh by the way I have a order with ya right now.

CSACANNONEER
08-10-2012, 2:39 PM
Well, sorry for all the complaining. I guess "I misunderstood" and did not read everything that was not directly on the ordering page when I ordered "Availability: In stock" and "as configured" really meant it is not configured, all apart and we still have to put it together "just the upper" as difficult as that is for 15 business days before we take a few more business days to ship that. My bad ??? Well I guess It will be another 20 actual days before I see it? outstanding! no more complaining from me.

You have earned my respect (whatever good it'll do you) for coming back and admitting to your mistake instead of being a typical internet comando who hides after being corrected.

4Defense
08-10-2012, 5:32 PM
I'm not really sure what you are trying to say here.

Sometimes uppers ship +/- 15 business days due to the building process. An order placed an hour ahead of yours could possibly be 100+ orders in front of yours in line to be built. We aren't perfect, and we make mistakes. If your upper still hasn't shipped by business day 16 you can send me a PM and I will have someone look into it for you.

Thanks,

Sorry Palmetto but in California we do have our fair share of a...h...s, numbnuts, retards... you name it. We got it!

Why even put up with this b...sh...t. from kids? There's 49 other states to make your fortune. They just don't realize how lucky they are to have a vendor like this that is willing to deal with California. Cut off California!

DirtyLawyer
08-10-2012, 9:37 PM
PSA is worth the wait, gotta chill out buddy.

monk
08-10-2012, 9:49 PM
You have earned my respect (whatever good it'll do you) for coming back and admitting to your mistake instead of being a typical internet comando who hides after being corrected.

Maybe I'm wrong, sorry if I am, but that post came off as sarcastic.

dvlsadvc8
08-10-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm still waiting for my upper as well, ordered back on the 16th of July. No fret, with free shipping, I expect a little delay. What did surprise me was that my LPK shipped by itself. I would've thought that they would combine the items to save on shipping, that tells me they care. Btw, I placed another order today to take advantage of their free shipping weekend. 😁

smirnus3000
08-10-2012, 11:43 PM

...Just sayin...

I have been working in retail waaay tooooo long! And I 100% agree, I always try to do everything possible even it's the customer that caused their own issue. But sometimes they push too far or use us like we are disposable, and you just have to stand firm and gold your ground.

To PSA: I will be making an effort to spend some of my hard earned $$$$ with you guys very soon. It is very refreshing to see a retailer stand their ground when they have done nothing wrong. Quality takes time, and it's worth the wait.

CSACANNONEER
08-11-2012, 5:41 AM
Maybe I'm wrong, sorry if I am, but that post came off as sarcastic.

99.9% of my posts contain sarcasim. But, it was not my intention to be sacastic here. I truely respect those few people who do come back and openly admit their mistakes instead of ignoring the fact that they were wrong or just not posting again. It takes someone with a decent character to openly aknowledge their mistakes.

email
08-11-2012, 6:04 AM
"This thread" really "delivers".

hkuspcomp
08-11-2012, 6:43 AM
99.9% of my posts contain sarcasim. But, it was not my intention to be sacastic here. I truely respect those few people who do come back and openly admit their mistakes instead of ignoring the fact that they were wrong or just not posting again. It takes someone with a decent character to openly aknowledge their mistakes.

I think what he meant was that the OP's post that you quoted came off as sarcastic. I did, too.

CSACANNONEER
08-11-2012, 8:24 AM
I think what he meant was that the OP's post that you quoted came off as sarcastic. I did, too.

Gotcha. While his post was probably sarcastic. At least he wrote the words out. I think he does get the fact that his ASSumtions did nothing more than make an azz out of him. While he may still be upset because he did not understand the plain english on their site and decided that it ment something other than it said, at least he does see how PSA is not doing any less than their website originally promised. Hey, it's a start.

Ed_Hazard
08-11-2012, 8:35 AM
Well I've bought and will continue to buy from PSA. The site has all kinds of notices in red about possible shipping delays, some people must be colorblind I guess. If you really need it now, shop somewhere else and pay the premium. PSA, please keep up the good work.:thumbsup:

Arisaka
08-13-2012, 9:45 AM
Dude everyone and their brother wants an AR or AR parts. I'm telling you, Rock River and DPMS are taking forever to send parts. Not uppers that they need time to assemble, PARTS. These guys are slammed. Everyone needs an AR before they are banned/zombies come/etc. Like I said, ordered a gas tube from RRA at the beginning of July. Haven'ts seen it yet.