View Full Version : Where to SSE a Shield in SF Bay Area?

08-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Anyone have any leads on where I can order / pre order a M&P 9mm Shield via a SSE? I have decided I really don't like the hideous loaded chamber indicator and would rather pay a little extra to SSE the off roster version.

08-09-2012, 11:35 PM
I haven't specifically asked them, but I'd wager there's a good chance the folks at Valkyrie Arms in Santa Clara can do it. You might have an indeterminate wait time, though -- I'm waiting on a Springfield XDS from them myself, and hoping it'll take weeks rather than months.

08-10-2012, 1:06 AM
+1 on valkyrie arms. They usually aren't able to get a specific wait time. Could be weeks or months, at least for what I've asked for.

08-10-2012, 6:10 PM
Thanks for the tip scglock and kf6tac. I'm now on the list for an off roster SSE Shield at Valkyrie! No estimate on delivery though. So the test in patience begins but no hideous LCI for me. Yes I know I have the "can be fired without magazine" emblazoned on the side but you can't win em all.

08-11-2012, 8:36 AM
Did they give you an estimated time of wait?

Debating whether to SSE one or just live with the Hideous LCI.

08-11-2012, 9:02 AM
No estimate of time was given. They don't know.

I figure since it is the 48 state model it will be available before the CA or MA models are widely available.