PDA

View Full Version : Could someone help me out with online gear trading etiquette?

trigger hippie
08-09-2012, 8:17 PM
So I had a deal almost work out for a bunch of weapon lights I had lying around. It ended really weirdly and a little badly though, and I can't help but feel that I might have had some misunderstanding about this process.

See, what I was thinking was that there was some kind of inspection or, I dunno, escrow process - perhaps through a shipping company or outside retail store? Or at least by gentleman's agreement? - such that you could ship/receive stuff from a trade, check it out, then release it on each side.

I'm thinking now this is probably more rigmarole than people go through... do people just ship stuff to each other on faith or something?

Boy, this all sounds pretty cynical for a hippie, huh.

trob
08-10-2012, 7:32 AM
Basically you check it out online through pics, then you both ship on faith. But, this all depends on their feedback score. I wouldn't send anything to someone who hasn't been around for awhile and has solid feedback.

evidens83
08-10-2012, 8:36 AM
Honor system. Post pics. Thorough description whether product is BNIB or slightly used or dented and dinged. And as a common courtesy, I always message the buyer when I shipped the product. I hated purchasing a product wait a whole week to find out seller hasn't even shipped yet.