PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we go on the offensive?

DrjonesUSA
08-09-2012, 4:24 PM
I'll spare the rant & rave, but I'm beyond fed up with what's going on in this state.

Defense is not working out well for us; why don't we go on the offense?

Can we get a ballot measure drafted prohibiting the legislature from drafting any more laws pertaining to guns/ammo, can we get a law passed (less likely than ballot, IMO) ANYTHING???

What can we do to go on the OFFENSE for our rights?

curtisfong
08-09-2012, 4:25 PM
You're a minority. When minorities go on an offensive, the majority calls it a riot or a terrorist attack.

disturbed1
08-09-2012, 4:29 PM
I would have to suggest, voting out those bad peeps, educating people, inflluencing people to vote, taking others to shoot, and donating to those fighting for us. As long as we have anti-gun people reproducing and taking office, we will always be on the defense. Unless you can take the anti-gunners shooting then you will have this battle. Some are soo brain washed and completely in another world that a debate or attempt to influence would be a waste of time.

berto
08-09-2012, 4:35 PM
Do you have $50,000,000 lying around? Are you willing to spend it all and lose at the polls? Would you like to embolden the other side by giving them a 55% to 45% win at the polls that they can point to and claim with electoral proof that CA voters disagree with gun loving extremists?

CalBear
08-09-2012, 4:37 PM
Any proposition directly aiming to bolster gun rights will fail in CA at this time. Our avenues are as follows:

-Smart outreach to friends and family to win over antis.
-PR that aims to educate respectfully and equate gun rights with civil rights.
-Seek the protection of courts, as the judicial branch is always the best option for oppressed minority groups.

adampolo13
08-09-2012, 4:37 PM
Don't worry OP, we are on the offensive. It's just an offensive in the Judicial system. It took me a little bit to figure out what CGF is up to. Trust me, follow their lead, donate to them, get the word out. WE ARE WINNING even though it may not seem that way at times.

Librarian
08-09-2012, 4:41 PM
Ballot is essentially not possible: see http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=156804

Albino
08-09-2012, 4:48 PM
At one time the environmentalists were a minority... Sierra Club a minority... Anti-gunners a minority...

Complete unification, strategy, and money has made them almost unstoppable now.

I agree OP, this should be taken head-on, non-stop. No more defence, and, "happy that we are allowed to have, what we have"...

Every firearm group (hunting or non-hunting), club, whatever... needs to unite, provide money for lobbyists, whatever it takes. The NRA should be filing lawsuits EVERY SINGLE DAY.

This is a numbers game for the liberals... and yes, by the numbers we technically are a minority.

They were once a "minority" too, and they are now winning. We need to use the same tactics against them and take it back.

NotEnufGarage
08-09-2012, 5:03 PM
I'll spare the rant & rave, but I'm beyond fed up with what's going on in this state.

Defense is not working out well for us; why don't we go on the offense?

Can we get a ballot measure drafted prohibiting the legislature from drafting any more laws pertaining to guns/ammo, can we get a law passed (less likely than ballot, IMO) ANYTHING???

What can we do to go on the OFFENSE for our rights?

If you want to change the political climate, vote for the party not in power and get everyone you can to do the same. I don't mean the libertarian or peace and freedom party, either.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

hoffmang
08-09-2012, 5:59 PM
The only place to go on the offensive is in the courts. Should 249 pass, we will add to the existing offense.

-Gene

DrjonesUSA
08-09-2012, 6:04 PM
You're a minority. When minorities go on an offensive, the majority calls it a riot or a terrorist attack.

Not if you're gay, black, mexican, transgender.....

DrjonesUSA
08-09-2012, 6:05 PM
Don't worry OP, we are on the offensive. It's just an offensive in the Judicial system. It took me a little bit to figure out what CGF is up to. Trust me, follow their lead, donate to them, get the word out. WE ARE WINNING even though it may not seem that way at times.

Just donated $100 to CGF....

wjc
08-09-2012, 7:36 PM
Just donated $100 to CGF....

"Now you're cookin' with peanut oil!"