PDA

View Full Version : I want to buy a Glock 20 Gen 4

moy2441
08-09-2012, 4:22 PM
Hi guy's,

I want to purchase a Glock 20 Gen 4 10mm. All the FFL's here in the San Francisco Bay Area is unable to locate one. Anyone have any suggestions where I can buy one?

Thanks in advance.

Dark Mod
08-09-2012, 4:25 PM
Here

http://www.galleryofguns.com/Genie/Default.aspx?item=PG-20502-03&mfg=Glock&mdl=All&cat=1&type=Semi-Automatic+Pistol&cal=10MM&fin=&sit=&zipcode=92780

$671 without shipping and SSE charges

moy2441
08-10-2012, 9:50 AM
Here

http://www.galleryofguns.com/Genie/Default.aspx?item=PG-20502-03&mfg=Glock&mdl=All&cat=1&type=Semi-Automatic+Pistol&cal=10MM&fin=&sit=&zipcode=92780

$671 without shipping and SSE charges

Thank you for the information. They too are out of stock. Just like everyone else.
They do not know when they will get more.

Thanks again.

XD40SUBBIE
08-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Wait, are they now on the "list"? I thought Gen 4's are not on the roster since no mag disconnect?

Bhobbs
08-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Wait, are they now on the "list"? I thought Gen 4's are not on the roster since no mag disconnect?

They aren't on the list but you can get them using the single shot exemtion.

dwtt
08-10-2012, 10:59 AM

They are not on the approved handgun list. One would have to obtain one as a single shot pistol.

As an aside, what's the big improvement of the 4th generation over the 3rd generation glocks, besides the interchangable backstrap that most people won't be changing since their hands don't change size unless they're still a teenager? I guess I'm just not a glock fan and I can't see what the big deal is all about.

Red Devil
08-10-2012, 11:26 AM
...As an aside, what's the big improvement of the 4th generation over the 3rd generation glocks, besides the interchangable backstrap...

They have incorporated in them the duel recoil-spring system they developed for the Sub-compacts.

It delays the normal force requirement later in the cycle so that when it occurs, the mass of the slide is closer to your hand and the moment arm from the center of mass of the slide and your wrist is shorter.

This translates into more push and less barrel flip, which is the major complaint RE: major-caliber Glock pistols.

For .40 S&W and up...? worth the trouble if you do tactical/combat shooting.

Won't notice the difference at the range where they limit you to 1 ea. round/sec.

Evil Quint
08-10-2012, 1:10 PM
Personally I like the gen 4's better. The stippling on the grip is a little nicer/comfortable in my opinion. Plus the optional difference in grip size is very welcome for me. I did not have trouble with gen 3 but it was slightly big. As far as the dual spring less recoil or whatever its not a big deal to me on a personal level. I like knowing its better but for the most part I have not been able to notice it really between my gen3 and gen4. Maybe its easier to notice in the bigger rounds or as previously mentioned maybe its more for accuracy at a high rate of fire.

That being said the grip is important and I have been sticking with the single shot gen 4s VS the 10 round gen 3s. Its usually only a $100 max difference. However if I saw a good deal on a gen 3 and I was in the market I would snap it up, used or new.

By the way, I have my SSE shop looking for a glock 20 gen 4 also. I still have 15 days before I can start another dros though.

sirgiles
08-10-2012, 5:12 PM
They aren't on the list but you can get them using the single shot exemtion.

not everyone here needs to go through a SSE.

billped
08-10-2012, 5:51 PM
As an aside, what's the big improvement of the 4th generation over the 3rd generation glocks, besides the interchangable backstrap that most people won't be changing since their hands don't change size unless they're still a teenager? I guess I'm just not a glock fan and I can't see what the big deal is all about.

Actually, the owner's hands do change size because occasionally guns change owners. A Gen4 G20 will appeal to a larger used market than the Gen3 G20 or G20SF separately. The backstraps may also be good for shooters that go back and forth between two sizes depending on whether or not they are wearing gloves, for example.

I too like the different stippling. Not sure if the different spring is that big of a deal. On my Gen4 G19 I don't see (or need) the improvement.