PDA

View Full Version : What is the status of CCW for Alameda County?

Wild Squid
08-09-2012, 2:25 PM
Been a long time since I've been hearing about all the cases challenging this like Yolo, San Diego, DC. Bottom line, what is the outcome of all this? I don't see any updates on this site or forum? Has Calguns given up on ever procuring CCW for a major CA metropolitan area?

NoJoke
08-09-2012, 3:29 PM
What's a ccw?

Is that similar to a LTC?

BTW, donate to CGF. They're fighting for our LTC right (I want one too - San Diego). Fighting in court isn't free.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=603173

Barbarossa
08-09-2012, 3:30 PM
What is the status of CCW for Alameda County?

****ing grim...

Wild Squid
08-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Check the weather report in HELL, that is when it will happen here.

Yea that's what I thought. As far as I'm concerned , Calguns ain't doin squat to make a difference then

emcon5
08-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Calguns ain't doin squat to make a difference then

Sometimes I roll my eyes so far, it is actually painful.

The Alameda county info can be found here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=352738

creekside
08-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Yea that's what I thought. As far as I'm concerned , Calguns ain't doin squat to make a difference then

Putting every sheriff's office in the state on notice to follow the California Penal Code "ain't doing squat" . . . ?

The standing advice on the thread is to support Calguns Foundation as it goes after the various departments, one county at a time. Alameda County is only just behind San Francisco in terms of resistance.

If you truly feel Calguns is doing nothing, I can only suggest that you:

1) Apply for a CCW, ...
2) receive a denial letter, ...
3) laminate it and carry it ...
4) ... then do what you feel you need to do

... or if you don't want to be a test case, buy and carry a Taser instead.

Peaceful John
08-10-2012, 11:53 AM

I know you can't mean that the way it reads, because at first impression it seems like an awfully unfortunate comment. If we had to wait for the "perfect" suit in a particular county, well, it might be a long wait.

This is a national issue, not a state-only matter and certainly not limited to a particular county, as pleasant as that county might be. Given the situation here, California gun rights will more than likely be won out-of-state. Other posters have commented on this and even identified cases that are well enough along that a favorable SCOTUS decision might be hoped for prior the end of June, 2013. That's five years from "It's for the militia only" to "Thank you for buying your suit at Sears. I'm your tailor. On which side do you carry your gun?"

Shucks, it took me longer to french kiss Barbara Buckets, back in high school.

Cordially,
John

voiceofreason
08-10-2012, 12:18 PM

Don't go into a battle you know you can't win.

Strategize your plan, take care of the troop movements and logistics, then wait for the right timing.

Things are already in motion and waiting on the courts... which is generally a slow process.

As the opportunities arise, our 2A groups will take the shot, but you don't just go blazing in at top speed.

Undoing decades of anti-gun legislation doesn't happen overnight.

It takes planning, preparation, and a lot of work.

Ask again around mid 2014.

Sounds like a long time away, but put in perspective is very fast.

Librarian
08-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Been a long time since I've been hearing about all the cases challenging this like Yolo, San Diego, DC. Bottom line, what is the outcome of all this? I don't see any updates on this site or forum? Has Calguns given up on ever procuring CCW for a major CA metropolitan area?

Strategy, sir.

First, we have to get Federal courts on board with the idea that carry for self-defense is a protected right under the 2nd Amendment. Woollard, in Maryland, may do that.

Then we have the right lever to move the LTC policies of Sheriffs in California.

NoJoke
08-10-2012, 1:08 PM

Just wondering, what have you done?

wildhawker
08-10-2012, 1:18 PM
If we're having no effect, why did CSSA try and run a bill to stop our Sunshine Initiative?

Why did a major county's sheriff's office adopt our model policy?

Why did Sacramento go virtually shall-issue?

Why did LA argue that they didn't have a duty to process in our Lu v. Baca lawsuit?

Why is "carry" on the desk of every sheriff and county counsel in the state?

Just a few questions I could ask.

-Brandon

Kukuforguns
08-10-2012, 1:34 PM
Shucks, it took me longer to french kiss Barbara Buckets, back in high school.

Just how long were you in high school?;)

Peaceful John
08-10-2012, 1:42 PM
Just how long were you in high school?;)

I was driving before I got to high school. A couple years later I became old enough to legally buy beer, and that made me really popular with the other sophmores. All in all, it was the best 7 years of my life. What made you ask?