PDA

View Full Version : CCW contracostacounty armed guard

Thr1llerrrr
08-09-2012, 2:57 PM
Hi everyone i am new to this but i had a serious question and i need fast serious answers please, i am an armed guard in contra costa county i have all my bsis certs, i want to get into body guarding it has been my life long dream, i understand to carry concealed you need a ccw in this state i also hear that co co county is hard to get one, my question is what if i have my employer right a letter of sponsership/ refference that i will be using it for my work do i have a chance please serious answers. thankyou for reading

Army
08-09-2012, 3:11 PM
Can't hurt, but likely won't make much difference to the local Sheriff if he/she is adament against guns.

Librarian
08-09-2012, 3:30 PM
Not impossible, but very unlikely.

But, depending how influential your potential employer may be, it might work.

Go ahead and drop by the Sheriff's office in Martinez and ask for an app. 651 Pine Street, 7th Floor, tell the person at the left reception desk what you want.

See also this thread: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=352744

2Cute2Shoot
08-09-2012, 3:51 PM
Yes, I have to agree with everyone here :( I live near to there and I have some friends with a similar situation. the best of best you might hope for is permission to carry if it is during your line of duty, but not in your personal life. :mad:

There is one way ppl have told me that you might have a chance with sheriff livingston's ccw policy if you decide to be a private investigator. I am not 100% sure if this is still true, because I havent asked for almost 2 years. I remember it was worse when i just graduated HS and sheriff Rupf was there because he was like totally ANTI ccw....but then when he left, i had a friend who was getting his as a PI :) good luck!!!

Thr1llerrrr
08-09-2012, 6:50 PM
thankyou guys for the help, the ceo of the security company said he has done it before i co co county and it worked he said it was a while ago though, i hope it works, and 2cute2shoot i dont really care if i cant carry off duty too much i mean at least i would be able to work you know, thank you everyone for your help

jessegpresley
08-09-2012, 9:47 PM
My neighbor is a former special forces dude, he's done body guard work for some high profile Silicon Valley billionaires. He said all the bodyguards are former LEOs, mostly Fed. He said they don't like working with high speed low drag guys, they're a little unhinged.