View Full Version : Time magazine Aug 6 cover

08-09-2012, 10:50 AM
I may actually buy this issue, so I can frame and hang it above my gun safe.

08-09-2012, 10:58 AM
I will wait to hear if it is anti-slanted before I buy and frame

08-09-2012, 11:06 AM
It was written by Joe Klein. No need to "guess" that it might have an anti-gun slant.

Agent Orange
08-09-2012, 11:37 AM
No need indeed:

08-09-2012, 11:39 AM
I will wait to hear if it is anti-slanted before I buy and frame
It's in Time, was there any doubt? Anyway, every time I open my safe, I'll look at it and smile.

08-09-2012, 11:47 AM
That's painful to read.

We know he had the means and knowledge to build explosives (not that it takes much but his apartment showed his willingness to take the risk).
Had he of rolled a barrel of explosives into the theater instead of using firearms, the devastation and loss of life would have been more severe.
Example: McVeigh.

Please that want to kill will always find a way.

08-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Reading the article linked was a bit infuriating.

An assault-weapon ban would, at the very least, make it significantly harder to bring off the Aurora massacre. And if it prevented just one of the 20 mass killings a year, it would be worth it. If it prevented one mass killing a decade, it would be worth it. Actually, if it prevented one person from getting wounded in a rampage these past 30 years, it would have been more than worth it.

So he thinks it's worth it to save even one person, at the cost of restricting a whole lot of people from using these rifles for sport/defense.

I really need to stay away from reading these types of articles.

08-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Joe Klein was also the guy that said his son looked like Trayvon Martin from behind. Anytime I see his name attached to anything, I don't bother reading it. Usually it is full of the garbage that the far left spews.