PDA

View Full Version : Question about pinned Buttstock

sreiter
08-09-2012, 10:48 AM
Does a set screw count as being pinned?

Such as found on HP Armory precision buttstock.

http://www.hparmory.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/s/bs_1_400.jpg

Mesa Tactical
08-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Who knows? It's not defined.

We pinned an M4 buttstock for a Saiga 12 by removing the adjustment mechanism then drilling two holes in the receiver extension keel as well as the buttstock then bolting everything together with two nuts and two screws. Can the stock be removed with tools? Yes. But it cannot be adjusted, since there is only one setting.

In practical terms, if an LEO were to inspect your stock, he would notice there is no obvious way to adjust the stock. But the fact that the stock you reference has multiple settings that can be selected, even with the use of a tool, seems a little problematic to me.

sreiter
08-09-2012, 1:50 PM
thanks Mesa

dlewis7
08-09-2012, 5:36 PM
IMO, with the pin inserted, it would be fixed. You have to remove the set screw, and replace the pin for it to be adjustable again. It's not "easily converted" . If you don't have the pin to lock the buttstock, call mark @ hparmory & he will get you one. :)

Sam .223
08-09-2012, 5:48 PM
what i do is set the stock to desired position and rivet the lever so it cannot release the pin to adjust the stock, plus you can say look its riveted, there is no way to adjust it.

sreiter
08-09-2012, 5:56 PM
IMO, with the pin inserted, it would be fixed. You have to remove the set screw, and replace the pin for it to be adjustable again. It's not "easily converted" . If you don't have the pin to lock the buttstock, call mark @ hparmory & he will get you one. :)

thx

Mesa Tactical
08-10-2012, 7:38 AM
Yeah, rivets are pretty permanent, but I hate rivets.