PDA

View Full Version : Buying a used firearm

FLAWLS1
08-09-2012, 10:46 AM
When buying a used firearm from a gun store should there be the 1st owners information on the record of sale? I'm looking over my record of sale on my Benelli M4 and it technically wasn't a PPT

Merc1138
08-09-2012, 11:02 AM
You bought it from the shop, not another person, so it wasn't a PPT. Buying a gun from an FFL's inventory isn't the same as a PPT.

FLAWLS1
08-09-2012, 11:20 AM
You bought it from the shop, not another person, so it wasn't a PPT. Buying a gun from an FFL's inventory isn't the same as a PPT.

What the hell? That's weird then! Maybe it was one of the co-workers there who owned it. They probably made up the whole story they told me.

Fate
08-09-2012, 11:30 AM
What the hell? That's weird then! Maybe it was one of the co-workers there who owned it. They probably made up the whole story they told me.

http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9714499.jpg

Merc1138
08-09-2012, 11:38 AM

If one of the employees there owned it, then it was a PPT. If someone sold it to the shop and you bought it used, then it wasn't a PPT.

Let me put it this way:

If you go to craigslist and buy a car from a private seller, you meet the previous owner, fill out the paperwork, pay them, and so on.

If you go to a used car lot, you aren't dealing with the previous owner, you're buying it from the car dealer. The previous owner already sold the car to the dealership. Based on what you said, that sounds exactly like what happened with your gun purchase.

There is also consignment, but that's a little different. As far as the story goes, I'm not sure what you mean.

FLAWLS1
08-09-2012, 12:38 PM
I just spoke with the store a few minutes ago. They said it has to be done PPT because it was registered to someone before. Those were their exact words.

Merc1138
08-09-2012, 1:15 PM
Like I said, it depends on exactly who owned it. If it was the shop's gun(last owner sold it to the shop) then no it's not a PPT(and stop believing everything you hear out of everyone at the gun shop).

It may have also been consignment. You have the terminology to look this stuff up, go read through the wiki.

FLAWLS1
08-09-2012, 1:32 PM
Like I said, it depends on exactly who owned it. If it was the shop's gun(last owner sold it to the shop) then no it's not a PPT(and stop believing everything you hear out of everyone at the gun shop).

It may have also been consignment. You have the terminology to look this stuff up, go read through the wiki.
WHOA, calm down there big guy:rolleyes: I don't believe everything I hear from everyone at the gun shop. I just decided to ask them because they could've made an honest mistake.