PDA

View Full Version : Quick Rant!!!

.45heat
08-09-2012, 9:41 AM
I'm cleaning my guns in my office/gun room. My wife's male cousin stops by and comes into the office. His eyes get large, and tells me oh you got your guns out. Why do you have guns anyways, your not scared they might hurt you or your family? Really you douche bag. I told him the guns don't load themselves, grow little legs, and start shooting at people by their lonesome. It's the person handling them that makes them dangerous. He irritated the hell out of me.
Rant Over!!!

Czsp-01-9mm
08-09-2012, 11:17 AM
ignorance is bliss

At least he's your wife's cousin.

RazzB7
08-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Take him shooting with you. Convert him over to our side.

em9sredbeam
08-09-2012, 11:30 AM
take him shooting....and if he won't convert...

repubconserv
08-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Take him shooting

SilverTauron
08-09-2012, 1:23 PM
Does he vote?

Because if he does, make nice and take him to the range. Your grandkids will thank you for it!

theshoer
08-09-2012, 1:25 PM
School Teacher ?

daveinwoodland
08-09-2012, 1:30 PM
School Teacher ?
It's funny, were we live all the teachers we know (my Wife is one as well) are pro gun all the way. I guess most of them there big city teachers are to blame.

.45heat
08-09-2012, 3:07 PM
He is not a school teacher, he won't even touch them, he says I can't plain and simple I'm a p%@$&. That has nothing to do with it, it's all about being responsible, and knowledgable.

BucDan
08-09-2012, 3:21 PM
At least you don't have an older brother that talks just like that.

Ponderosa2
08-09-2012, 3:33 PM
School Teacher ?

Hey now! Not all of us school teachers fall into that category! Some of us are just like you. Not that many, lol, but we are here. Some of us even have a LTC. But I hear ya, makes going to work tough sometimes when I have to listen to all the anti-gun, liberal B.S.

dustoff31
08-09-2012, 7:15 PM
He is not a school teacher, he won't even touch them, he says I can't plain and simple I'm a p%@$&. That has nothing to do with it, it's all about being responsible, and knowledgable.

Well, at least he's honest. Just agree with him and carry on.

lgm118icbm
08-09-2012, 8:06 PM
Don't automatically alienate a potential friend to our cause. When life gives you lemons, make lemonaid and take him to the range. :)

Sleighter
08-09-2012, 8:22 PM
My bro-in-law pulled that on me once. I took him shooting, not he bought his first rifle and is calling me all week to go shooting this weekend. Nevermind it's a freaking heat-wave! I hate new gunnies and their enthusiasm. Some of us don't like 110 degree desert heat!

jakuda
08-10-2012, 10:22 AM
It's funny, were we live all the teachers we know (my Wife is one as well) are pro gun all the way. I guess most of them there big city teachers are to blame.

When I was in high school long ago in San Jose, one of the history teachers was an ex-SEAL. No joke. He was the most mild mannered, unassuming, polite guy.

phdo
08-10-2012, 10:42 AM
I took a picture with my girlfriend once and I didn't know my AR was in the background. She showed the picture to her brother and he was the one that noticed it. He said, "your boyfriend has guns?!" When she told me about it, I thought it was going to be something negative. Turns out he wants to go shooting with me. He's been bothering me about it ever since.

meaty-btz
08-10-2012, 11:00 AM
If people say when life gives you lemons make lemonade, are they suggesting we take our human "lemons" and put them in a grinding press and squeeze all their fluids out and then take the messy product and make a tasty and refreshing drink from it?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/085/283/philosoraptor.jpg?1291090164

njineermike
08-10-2012, 11:11 AM
I guess I'm lucky. My sister looked at her new husband right after they said their "I do's" and told him "You're shooting me a deer this year for the freezer". He wasn't stupid enough to argue with her, and since my dad didn't want her moving back in, we took hm out and taught him how. He went from 100% city boy to owning over 200 acres of woods near Cincinatti, where he kills his limit every year and doesn't even have to leave his own land. Sometimes conversion works when you have the right motivation. In my brother-in-law's case, it was not pissing off my sister.