PDA

View Full Version : Great Service at the Norwalk Store

JackRydden224
08-08-2012, 11:51 PM
I bought a Ruger MK-III at the Norwalk store a couple of weeks ago. Randy handled the transaction very quickly and he was a pleasure to deal with. Pick up was equally quick'n smooth with Victor's help.

Good job Turners.

I also picked up a fall sales flyer.

Malmon
08-09-2012, 12:06 PM
My experience is the opposite. Went to the Norwalk branch and bought a shotgun two weeks ago, didn't realize that I was overcharged til I got home. So I called up the store and told them that they charged me for $10 Private Party Transfer Fee. The guy told me that they'll take care of it when I pick up the gun. Fast forward to pick-up date, there's a know-it-all type guy over there named "huy" who keeps on adding up the numbers so the price will fit on what he thinks is right. I glanced at the new receipt and found another error, they charged me twice for dealer's handling fee.

After I pointed this out to him, he became defensive and in a condescending tone slowly said: "I-f y-o-u g-e-t t-o t-h-e c-a-s-h-i-e-r, y-o-u w-i-l-l g-e-t a r-e-f-u-n-d". That kind of attitude is really uncalled for. The corrective action for the initial mistake was also a mistake. It doesn't matter if the dollar amount stays the same, the fact that the receipt states inaccurate information is wrong.

I told him directly he doesn't have to be condescending, he just dismissed it as "you ask me a question and I answered it". I said you did not, I pointed out another mistake. Instead of being apologetic, he acts like he is doing me a favor. I have no problem with people making mistakes but it's their actions in correcting that mistake that defines them.

Bill Carson
08-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Norwalk is always hit or miss to me.

Malmon
08-09-2012, 12:17 PM
There is a lot of room for improvement when it comes to customer service with Turner's. I am not sure if they are understaffed, under-trained or they just don't care. They commit mistakes after mistakes, and they still act like they just did you a favor. The only reason I set foot at that store is that once in a while, they offer a good deal on something that I like, but customer service is not their strong point.

JackRydden224
08-09-2012, 4:07 PM
I've always been nice and friendly with all smiles when I talk to Turners employees (who isn't when buying a new gun :D ) and I've never run into a Turner's employee who has treated me badly. Turners have never been the fastest at anything but they've never been rude to me. Not once.

PS: I ain't a hot chick. I'm a normal looking, normal sized Asian guy LOL.

Shooting_Laser
08-10-2012, 9:16 AM
Everyone at the Norwalk store have been good to me. I have seen the chubby asian guy with glasses act condescending to other customers, though. I believe that's the guy Malmon is referring too.

Malmon
08-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Everyone at the Norwalk store have been good to me. I have seen the chubby asian guy with glasses act condescending to other customers, though. I believe that's the guy Malmon is referring too.

Excellent observation, you are right on the money.

jdmstuff
08-16-2012, 10:27 PM
I've seen that same guy talk down to people before as well. He's a little weird and I try to avoid him if I can. I've bought a few guns from the Norwalk store in the past few months, and have had great service from everyone else there. Although I live within 4 miles of another Turners, I prefer to drive the 20+ miles to the Norwalk store.

Speedpower
08-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Watch it! The chubby Asian guy wearing glasses is weird, I noticed last Sunday when I was there that he actually carries 4 knives :eek: