PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy a AR-15 now?

sully007
08-08-2012, 11:33 PM
If you were looking to buy a AR-15 for the first time would you with everything that is going on with Mr. Yee?

AeroEngi
08-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Absolutely I would! I've actually been thinking about picking up another stripped lower or two just because of what's going on.

Mr.Sandman
I would buy a bunch of stripped lowers, or I would get one lower and build it up myself featureless. Up to you on what you spend your money on.

cjc16
yes, even more so.

Rockit
08-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Sure. Worst case just go featureless.

Dantedamean
08-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Hell ya. If I had the cash I wouldn't stop buying right now, just to spite yee.

truthseeker
08-08-2012, 11:41 PM
I already own one, looking for an AR10 right now!

Ripon83
08-08-2012, 11:42 PM
I wouldn't buy an AR. That would cost you about $600 minimum even to build your own with barely decent components. I'd spend $225 plus DROS on a 3 pack of lower receivers and save the rest of your money....

MontClaire
08-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Guess all them lowers in your safes will worth something much more in 3-4 years.

kaligaran
08-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Absolutly. I am an AR owner and purchased an AR pistol yesterday. /happydance

The threat of additional gun laws seem to make firearm sales spike.
I would be extremely interested if the local shops are seeing an increase in AR sales. My guess is yes.

motorwerks
08-08-2012, 11:50 PM
Absolutely I would! I've actually been thinking about picking up another stripped lower or two just because of what's going on.

Me too... 3 or 4 actually an 80% (because I want to build an AR pistol) or two and two with numbers in order for my kids just in case we a)move, or b) this crap clears up.

motorwerks
08-08-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm also considering another AK build Yee would **** the bed if he ever got to see the inside of my safe.

sully007
08-08-2012, 11:52 PM
So for a first time buyer, what would you recommend to purchase?

frankm
08-08-2012, 11:53 PM
Buy it and damn the torpedoes.

Lostsheep
08-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Another AR? Nah, I already have enough of those.

I did just pick up an FAL and a PTR though. :43:

wurger
08-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Nope. But not due to Yee. I just never shoot mine. Starting to consider selling it, actually.

383green
08-09-2012, 12:30 AM
I would buy that first AR in a heartbeat. You may or may not need to reconfigure it if and when SB249 passes, but so what? There are multiple ways to trivially avoid SB249 issues as it is presently written, and I don't believe that our opponents in the legislature can do anything about it. They demonstrate a high level of ignorance about firearms. Heck, they demonstrate a high level of ignorance about lawmaking, for that matter.

Sgt Raven
08-09-2012, 12:52 AM
I'd buy another or my first if I didn't own one. If Yee keeps pushing I think he'll get the Yee-old slap down from SCOTUS again.

BigRobb
08-09-2012, 1:09 AM
Just got the money to either go shopping for upper + lower + WOOHOO! Or a pre-assembled ar-15 (possibly a S&W M&P variant). Thought of going Piston...did alot of soul searching today...going DI. Loved mine in the Army...stick with what works baby! This will be my first AR-15 purchase.

Get em while they are hot boys!

wildhawker
08-09-2012, 1:14 AM
If you were looking to buy a AR-15 for the first time would you with everything that is going on with Mr. Yee?

**** yeah! Support Cal-FFL dealers who are supporting you!

http://calffl.org/about-us/member-directory.html

-Brandon

Dantedamean
08-09-2012, 1:19 AM
I want to get a lower and engrave "**** Yee" on it lol

morfeeis
08-09-2012, 2:32 AM
No, but i will be buying an AK soon :jump:......

ptoguy2002
08-09-2012, 5:06 AM

Yes, I would. Actually, I would hurry up and do it sooner rather than later. I already have enough ARs, but I'm speeding up the search for some other receivers I need, due to this and the looming long gun registration starting in 2014. Anybody know where I can get an FMP or Indep G3 receiver???

Agent Orange
08-09-2012, 5:10 AM
Especially now.

RedMonkey
08-09-2012, 6:42 AM
Do it...I just bought and an extra lower for myself yesterday.

Mail Clerk
08-09-2012, 6:47 AM

sully007,

If it were your first buy/purchase I definitely would. I admit for other reason I'm slowing down a bit but not because of Yee.

I admit I've done nothing but obey the law and shoot safely at all ranges with my AR's and a man like Yee has to spoil it for us safe shooters that has done nothing but enjoy our hobby.

Mail Clerk

Uplink
08-09-2012, 7:02 AM
Still deployed but after every deployment I buy a new firearm. This time around I was doing an AR build. Ordered everything but my lower which is required to go through a FFL. Everything has arrived at the house but now I fear there will be a run on lowers or you wont be able to order them any more by the time I am home. Should have just bought another M1A. :chris:

Stainned
08-09-2012, 7:10 AM
Just bought a lower for my featureless 9mm AR.

hornswaggled
08-09-2012, 7:43 AM
Have enough ARs, interested in trying out an AK.

NoHeavyHitter
08-09-2012, 7:53 AM
I can't think of a better reason! That moron yee hasn't got a clue how many people that he's pried outta their chair - to get up and GO make that buy!!! :)

"Stupid is, as yee"

ewarmour
08-09-2012, 7:55 AM
I would buy 2 AR's today, however I'm saving for a trip to Idaho.

Timbob55
08-09-2012, 8:04 AM
Nope. What's the use of have a $1k rifle you can't bring out in public if, for some reason, that bill gets signed into law.

Buy a Saiga.

tenpercentfirearms
08-09-2012, 8:09 AM
There is no guarantee this bill goes through and even if it does there are a million ways around it. Now is the time to buy one and be part of the movement to stop SB249.

dls
08-09-2012, 8:34 AM
Took my first stripped (LaRue) lower home last week,it will be a nice top shelf complete lower tonight.
After this build, I will be purchasing 80% lowers,maybe the appropriated jig and tools, I know one of my hot rod bud's will have access to a mill or CNC machine..

The only thing this whole Yee thing has done,is make me want to hoard more ammo and purchase more legal firearms.

From my cold dead hands..

sharxbyte
08-09-2012, 8:41 AM
I would buy a bunch of stripped lowers, or I would get one lower and build it up myself featureless. Up to you on what you spend your money on.

yes, even more so.

+1 on both

dave silva
08-09-2012, 8:46 AM
Just picked mine up yesterday. Plan to grab another.

Farrier-1
08-09-2012, 8:47 AM
Yes. Buy two or three.

Ripon83
08-09-2012, 8:48 AM
I doubt it, but in comparison to say a few ounces of silver or any other small investment I doubt they'd go down in value - less of course they've been banned.

Guess all them lowers in your safes will worth something much more in 3-4 years.

mag360
08-09-2012, 8:49 AM
Yes there will be more of us to shoot back muahahaha

Jason_2111
08-09-2012, 8:49 AM
Took my first stripped (LaRue) lower home last week,it will be a nice top shelf complete lower tonight.
After this build, I will be purchasing 80% lowers,maybe the appropriated jig and tools, I know one of my hot rod bud's will have access to a mill or CNC machine..

The only thing this whole Yee thing has done,is make me want to hoard more ammo and purchase more legal firearms.

From my cold dead hands..

^^^ This.

Over the next year, expect to see prices spike, and availability go down. Sen. Yee is probably going to surpass Obama in the state as Gun Salesman of the Year.
Get one sooner rather than later (because of the increase in demand), or get that stripped lower for a rainy day, or get some 80%'s and finsh them for a rainy day.

If you go the 80% route, find a build party! It will be cheaper than buying the jigs and tools, and it will turn out a lot better.

Wherryj
08-09-2012, 9:02 AM
I'd buy another or my first if I didn't own one. If Yee keeps pushing I think he'll get the Yee-old slap down from SCOTUS again.

I think that we need an amendment that permanently bans from office any politician who writes legislation deemed unconstitutional. Legislators are not forced to write bills so they should use far more restraint and research when doing so. There should be consequences for ALL actions. I know that these politicians have written consequences for almost EVERYONE ELSE.

Yee should have been thrown out of office for the video game fiasco. Write a law that violates the ultimate law of the land, stop writing laws forever. Sort of like a Lautenberg for politicians-we can even make it retroactive to keep things fair.

jwkincal
08-09-2012, 9:18 AM
I would/will. I was going to anyway and sure as hell won't let the current foolishness change my mind.

Speed-Freak
08-09-2012, 9:39 AM
I have embarked on a campaign of collecting stripped billet lower receivers. Having DROS submissions multiple times in the last couple months of 4+. I am doing good and only have a couple more specific lowers to complete my collection.

AR style rifles are not going anywhere. I am getting them now before the laymen on the street panics and drives the prices up.

Mesa Tactical
08-09-2012, 9:40 AM
We have a company shoot every month at Burro Canyon, for employees and their friends. We always bring shotguns, of course, but we also provide a variety of rifles and handguns of various patterns (I have a big and eclectic collection).

This last shoot I finally brought a couple of AR-15s. I'm not the AR-15's biggest fan, even though we are in Costa Mesa, and I'd generally rather shoot an SKS, an M1, a Mini-30, etc. I just never thought about bringing the ARs until this month.

Well, the AR-15s were in almost constant use, and we went through a heck of a lot of 5.56mm. There are mostly women working here, and they loved the AR-15s, as did the young daughter of our purchasing manager (who rapidly cleaned the far berm of targets). We have two or three stripped lowers lying around here, including a .308, and now after last weekend's shoot I guess I'll finally sit down and build them up.

I think I'll get a couple more lowers, too.

desertjosh
08-09-2012, 9:56 AM
Whats the best deal on stripped lowers? I dont have an AR but this whole stupid bill is making me think I "need" one.

ptoguy2002
08-09-2012, 9:58 AM
We have a company shoot every month at Burro Canyon, for employees and their friends. We always bring shotguns, of course, but we also provide a variety of rifles and handguns of various patterns (I have a big and eclectic collection).

This last shoot I finally brought a couple of AR-15s. I'm not the AR-15's biggest fan, even though we are in Costa Mesa, and I'd generally rather shoot an SKS, an M1, a Mini-30, etc. I just never thought about bringing the ARs until this month.

Well, the AR-15s were in almost constant use, and we went through a heck of a lot of 5.56mm. There are mostly women working here, and they loved the AR-15s, as did the young daughter of our purchasing manager (who rapidly cleaned the far berm of targets). We have two or three stripped lowers lying around here, including a .308, and now after last weekend's shoot I guess I'll finally sit down and build them up.

I think I'll get a couple more lowers, too.

Have any openings for a Mechanical Engineer? Seriously.

bombadillo
Just buy a bunch of lowers.

Mesa Tactical
Whats the best deal on stripped lowers? I dont have an AR but this whole stupid bill is making me think I "need" one.

You need two or three.

Bargearse
08-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Last month, I purchased a stripped lower receiver. Few days ago, I put two more to 10 day 'jail'. These will be mine soon and will continue buying more before the 'registration' begins.

CBruce
08-09-2012, 11:44 AM

Building one now. Already have ideas about how to work around a ban on 'push-button' magazine realeases devices. Featureless is always an option. Worse case, I'll screw the damn magazine on.

The more legal work arounds we come up with, the harder they'll try to make these scary weapons illegal...and the more unrelated firearms they'll pick up in the process. The opposition will grow larger and larger as people come to understand how much time and money is being thrown at this witch-hunt with no measurable affect on anything.

If people want to fight this I urge them to do the following:

Remain calm. Don't live up to the stereotype of wild-eyed, twitchy, paranoid 'gun nut'. Now is not the time to exercise your right to open carry your currently legal bullet-buttoned AR or make grand threats about 'your cold dead hands' or 'come and take them'.
Stop the ad-hominem attacks against Yee's race, his heritage, his sketchy background, etc. None of these things are relevant to SB249 and they are a major sign of arguing from a weak position. We do not have a weak position.
We need to be ambassadors. If you know someone who's not a firearm owner, especially if they support Yee or this bill, especially if they vote Democrat, especially if they live in Yee's district...talk with them calmly, openly, and honestly about your rifle. Why you bought it. Why you feel it should be legal. Take them to the range. Let them fire your "assault weapon". Let them see the many other "assault weapons" already in the hands of responsible, law-abiding citizens. Talk with them about the laws and restrictions and what the 2nd ammendment means to you, and why it's important to preserve.
Stop talking to Yee and his aides about how this law won't work because it forgets about X, or how you can do Y which is even worse. Let them pass a stupid, ineffective law and we'll adapt after the fact while we fight it.
We all know how stupid this bill is and how stupid it is to try and ban "assault weapons". Stop making pictures and videos showing how stupid it is because it only serves to make everyone who's already afraid of these weapons more afraid of them. 'Oh holy cow, people can have a funny looking grip that lets them have detachable 30 round magazines?!?' We already know this. Yee doesn't care. And it's just going to frighten people into demanding more gun-control laws.

Things you shouldn't bring up in conversation if you want to be taken seriously by people on the other side of this issue:

NRA
FOX News
Lame-stream or 'liberal' media
Libtards
Sheeple
No'bama
Limbaugh, O'Reilly, or Beck
Heston or Nuegent
****ing Sweden
How someone with a gun would have stopped the Auroro shooting

Trust me on this, you utter any one of those things and you're going to be immediately shut out of a conversation. Save that **** for the circle-jerks here.

All the gun-owners in CA banded together against this bill, even the quislings who think it's reasonable to ban "assault weapons" or semi-autos because they don't use them, isn't going to give us the same clout as a few hundred registered Dems in Yee's district sending him a letter saying 'I voted for you, but this is a bad bill'. We need to go after his support base, not square off against him directly.

Ripon83
08-09-2012, 11:53 AM
On the low end (money wise) New Frontier has a 5 pack for $325 otherwise I think they are 75 each. Nice thing about a 5 pack is you save on DROS. There are some places that advertise them as low as 49.99 once in a while - but I doubt so right now.

P Funk
08-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Picking up my first on Monday :gunsmilie:

along with another 1911 :shifty:

DonFerrando
08-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Thinking about making a big time run on stripped lowers...

Ro504
08-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Absolutely! About a week left before i go pick my new one up.

stix213
08-09-2012, 12:33 PM
I'd probably set it up as featureless if getting a new AR today. More utility anyway.

Mesa Tactical
08-09-2012, 1:18 PM
Building one now. Already have ideas about how to work around a ban on 'push-button' magazine realeases devices. Featureless is always an option. Worse case, I'll screw the damn magazine on.

The more legal work arounds we come up with, the harder they'll try to make these scary weapons illegal...and the more unrelated firearms they'll pick up in the process. The opposition will grow larger and larger as people come to understand how much time and money is being thrown at this witch-hunt with no measurable affect on anything.

Remain calm. Don't live up to the stereotype of wild-eyed, twitchy, paranoid 'gun nut'. Now is not the time to exercise your right to open carry your currently legal bullet-buttoned AR or make grand threats about 'your cold dead hands' or 'come and take them'.
Stop the ad-hominem attacks against Yee's race, his heritage, his sketchy background, etc. None of these things are relevant to SB249 and they are a major sign of arguing from a weak position. We do not have a weak position.
We need to be ambassadors. If you know someone who's not a firearm owner, especially if they support Yee or this bill, especially if they vote Democrat, especially if they live in Yee's district...talk with them calmly, openly, and honestly about your rifle. Why you bought it. Why you feel it should be legal. Take them to the range. Let them fire your "assault weapon". Let them see the many other "assault weapons" already in the hands of responsible, law-abiding citizens. Talk with them about the laws and restrictions and what the 2nd ammendment means to you, and why it's important to preserve.
Stop talking to Yee and his aides about how this law won't work because it forgets about X, or how you can do Y which is even worse. Let them pass a stupid, ineffective law and we'll adapt after the fact while we fight it.
We all know how stupid this bill is and how stupid it is to try and ban "assault weapons". Stop making pictures and videos showing how stupid it is because it only serves to make everyone who's already afraid of these weapons more afraid of them. 'Oh holy cow, people can have a funny looking grip that lets them have detachable 30 round magazines?!?' We already know this. Yee doesn't care. And it's just going to frighten people into demanding more gun-control laws.

Things you shouldn't bring up in conversation if you want to be taken seriously by people on the other side of this issue:

NRA
FOX News
Libtards
Sheeple
No'bama
Heston or Nuegent
****ing Sweden

Trust me on this, you utter any one of those things and you're going to be immediately shut out of a conversation. Save that **** for the circle-jerks here.

All the gun-owners in CA banded together against this bill, even the quislings who think it's reasonable to ban "assault weapons" or semi-autos because they don't use them, isn't going to give us the same clout as a few hundred registered Dems in Yee's district sending him a letter saying 'I voted for you, but this is a bad bill'. We need to go after his support base, not square off against him directly.

Holy crap, Post of the Year!

BlindRacer
08-09-2012, 2:02 PM
I purchased a stripped AR lower a few months back, and have been slowly building it up.

I too, have felt like what's the point. I have a handful of items for it already that could not be used in a featureless. I've contemplated on just getting a 22lr kit for it, and shoot it as that until this all gets sorted out. I'm unsure where I'm going to go with it at this point.

I'm probably going to continue to build it up, and when it comes time to either buy the 5.56 bcg, I'll decide at that point where things look like they are heading. If funds allow, then I may buy the items to make it featureless, but we will see where things are at at that point in time.

I was expecting to build this up over the course of 6 months or so. Wasn't expecting to have it shooting until at least next Spring.

I do, however, have the urge to buy another stripped lower and just hang onto it for a future build...whatever that may be. Wish I did that when I bought the other so I'd save the dros. oh well.

javalos
08-09-2012, 2:37 PM
Hell yes I would build an AR-15, its obstinance and rebellion against tyranny that built and kept this country free from the redcoats. Our latest domestic tyranny by Yee is only increasing our resolve to stay free. I'm going through my waiting period for two OLL's!

jwkincal
08-09-2012, 2:47 PM
Holy crap, Post of the Year!

Sweden? Perhaps he means Switzerland?

postal
08-09-2012, 2:50 PM
Not into the hype of AR's. They just feel "cheap" and clunky to me and the prices are a bit steep for something that feels so cheap...

Yet I ran out and bought 2 stripped lowers and my 'bullet buttons' just to make sure I have them before this BS 249. I'd buy 2+ more if I can afford them.

Partly to thumb my nose at yee, and to have them JIC it passes and waiting for the big push to get relief from a court.

Heck yeah- got the money? buy them up.

ExtremeX
08-09-2012, 2:53 PM
So for a first time buyer, what would you recommend to purchase?

A few stripped lowers is what I would get.

desertjosh
08-09-2012, 3:21 PM

NRA
FOX News
Libtards
Sheeple
No'bama
Heston or Nuegent
****ing Sweden

You really kinda explained on how to talk to a liberal. Lol

desertjosh
08-09-2012, 3:28 PM
So is buying a stripped lower and building one about the same money as buying them complete? Ive never really been an AR guy but this bill pisses me off.

RuggedJay
08-09-2012, 3:33 PM
Buy one NOW, more than ever!!!!!

ExtremeX
08-09-2012, 3:36 PM
So is buying a stripped lower and building one about the same money as buying them complete? Ive never really been an AR guy but this bill pisses me off.

If you only want 1 AR then you might better off just getting what you want retail... you can also add a stripped lower or two and do it all under 1 DROS.

I would get 2-3 stripped lowers just so I dont have to deal with the upfront cost of owning 3 x complete ARs, and you only have to pay for DROS once.

Stripped lowers are about $100 each.

You can build one just as good as anything out there on the market. It can be budget, it can be top shelf. Up to you how you want to build it. Thats also the perks of making one youself.

frankm
08-09-2012, 4:26 PM
I would buy now. As many as you can afford. and lots of ammo and mags.

Jason_2111
08-09-2012, 8:13 PM

NRA
FOX News
Libtards
Sheeple
No'bama
Heston or Nuegent
****ing Sweden

+10,000 .... too bad I can get this whole quote in my sig line!!!

adampolo13
08-09-2012, 8:19 PM
My first gun purchase was an AR! I second what a few have said, first AR buy complete, after that build it up from stripped lowers. Don't let this SB249 stuff frighten you, trust CGF, they are winning!!!! Go buy an AR or AK or whatever you feel you need to buy for whatever purpose you need it for.

Jason P
08-09-2012, 8:19 PM
I'm finishing up a featureless (Kydex style) now, and I'll be DROSing at least one or two more lowers before the effective date of SB249.

sully007
08-09-2012, 9:34 PM
A few stripped lowers is what I would get.

Is there a certain bran or make to buy for first time?

Rock6.3
08-09-2012, 9:38 PM
Is there a certain brand or make to buy for first time?

Whatever you can find in stock at your local dealer. Lowers are pretty much interchangeable and the accuracy is a function of the upper, not the lower.

bigbully
08-09-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm picking up my first complete tomorrow and I'm considering purchasing a lower to start my second.

Prince50
08-09-2012, 10:18 PM
You guys are spending brain power thinking too far ahead. Let's concentrate on fighting and winning this, then buy all teh AR-15s you want next month in celebration.

Thanks

Darin

Carnivore
08-09-2012, 11:23 PM
I would but I have all I ever wanted....now an AR-10.

DinoPJR
08-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Buy ARs And AKs! dont be afraid of this bill!

DinoPJR
08-09-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm finishing up a featureless (Kydex style) now, and I'll be DROSing at least one or two more lowers before the effective date of SB249.
Thats right Jason!

Mendo223
08-10-2012, 9:29 AM
Got a lower finishing 10day dros today! Gonna get an ak next and boy am i tempted to get the 308 pof ar.....but i gottabuy a jetski too

adampolo13
08-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Got a lower finishing 10day dros today! Gonna get an ak next and boy am i tempted to get the 308 pof ar.....but i gottabuy a jetski too

Don't worry, Yee et all will come for your jetski next. If you haven't heard they make too much noise. (Sarcasim)

Nate74
08-10-2012, 7:13 PM
I think I'll go buy one, especially since my first 7 are now at the bottom of Santa Monica bay since the boating accident.

sully007
08-13-2012, 8:57 PM
What is the best AR15 to buy?

ExtremeX
08-13-2012, 9:03 PM

I think that’s a pretty subjective question.

I think the best is one is one I built myself to the spec I want with the parts I want.

From a manufacture you can look to brands like LWRC for a combat gun or JP Enterprises for a race gun or target gun. Then again you can also expect to pay around $2500+ for something from those guys.

blazeaglory
08-13-2012, 9:05 PM
Worse comes to worse, you can make it featureless.

Cali-Shooter
08-13-2012, 9:09 PM
Just because you have an AR-15 even after (if, BIG if) this POS bill gets made into law, doesn't mean you have to turn it in. There are plenty of *legal* alternatives to surrendering your weapon to the state.

With that being said, if you don't have an AR, now would be a good time to get one.

liv4spd
08-13-2012, 9:24 PM
Especially now.

^this.

Dokbrick
08-13-2012, 9:27 PM
Bought a stripped Noveske lower the other day. This bill has prompted me to start my 6.8 build ASAP.

frankm
08-13-2012, 9:35 PM

The one you can afford. As long as it's milspec, which almost all are.

Buy as many as you can afford. Two cheaper versions are better than one expensive one. Then buy lots of ammo and mags.

I'm making similar sacrifices. Put some away, far away, now purchasing more.

stix213
08-13-2012, 9:42 PM

The "best AR15" is the one you'll get the most enjoyment from. Some people like to put little holes as close as possible to each other at 300+ yards. Some people like to save as much money as possible to get one good enough for them, so they can dump the extra cash into ammo or some other purchase (from everything I've heard the S&W "Sport" model is excellent as a fun/reliable carbine shooter while in the $600 or so price range). Some people like to build an impressive and expensive AR for a variety of reasons including a "bet your life on" rifle.

What your goals are will define what is "best" for you.

huntercf
08-13-2012, 9:46 PM
If I could afford it I would by a few more lowers, shoot I just might anyways.

ir0nclash86
08-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Damn right I would. I'm actually picking up a couple of guns in a couple of days. I didn't plan on buying anything at all until Yee came up with this garbage.

EchoFourTango
08-13-2012, 10:03 PM
I wanna get 2 more stripped lowers, just dont know with what markings.

Wiz-of-Awd
08-13-2012, 10:23 PM
You may as well go sign up @ ar15.com now...
It's inevitable :)

A.W.D.

bigbully
08-13-2012, 10:26 PM
I got the bug bad! Picked up my first AR15 Friday, shot Sunday, jailed an AR10 lower Mon and may jail another AR15 lower when I pick up that one.

jonkull
08-13-2012, 10:30 PM
I just ordered a Larue OBR 7.62. Two more months...

Donk310
08-13-2012, 10:55 PM
I guess I'm the only one here that won't buy one... cause I'm broke.

Chameleon Loco
08-14-2012, 12:10 AM
I would buy an ar15 in a heartbeat but they are expensive an as a college student with a part time job I would like to purchase two longuns like a Remington 870 police magnum and a ruger police carbine in 9mm before l purchase an ar-15. But after those two firearms a Colt LE6940 will be mine. I don't even care if I have to register it :).

jdouglas
08-14-2012, 12:15 AM
If you can't afford AR15s right now, just get lowers. I've got one of the polymer complete lowers sitting around, and a TM 308 lower in jail. :-D I'm half seriously thinking about adding another AR lower to the DROS...

ExtremeX
08-14-2012, 12:28 AM
I’m not going to buy any more lowers... I just donated money to CGF instead. I figure it’s better than having a bunch of featureless rifles because we lost on SB 249.

Chameleon Loco
08-14-2012, 12:39 PM
As I am not 21 yet but the concept of building your own ar-15 seems really cool, I think I will give it a try when I turn 21.