PDA

View Full Version : SB249: Response from Wyland

pwnage
08-08-2012, 8:05 PM
I'm sure that many people in my district wrote him and probably got the same response. I've been reading a lot about this and didn't realize that the bill had already made it passed the state senate. I also wrote brown, no response yet. See his response below.

On a slightly different note. Will Calguns or other orgs that they are working with get some air time on the local news networks? My local news has been covering this to a small degree and there are a few things that they aren't getting quite right. It would be nice to have someone get the record straight.

Thank you for taking time to contact my office and sharing your thoughts about gun related legislation and protection of our Second Amendment rights

Year after year legislation is introduced that would further restrict these rights; 2012 is no exception. Assembly Bills 1527, 2182, 2333 and 2549 and Senate Bills 249, 1315, and 1366 are all measures that attempt to curtail these rights by restricting open carry, further restrictions to BB guns, carrying concealed weapons, allowing the County of Los Angeles to enforce their more restrictive local gun ordinances instead of following state law, and more.

Alternatively, there were three measures worthy of support: SB 313 would exempt certain handguns from existing handgun safety requirements; and SB 404 would expand exemption of handgun safety certification requirements to honorably discharged members of the military; and SB 1367 would allow a peace officer to carry a fire arm during archery dear season. However, SB 313 was defeated in its very first policy committee and the hands of the ultra-liberal Public Safety Committee and SB 404 was never scheduled for a hearing. I was happy to support SB 1367 on the Senate Floor where it was approved by a vote of 33-4 and will next be heard in the Assembly.

Unfortunately, Senate Bills 249, 1315, and 1366 each passed the Senate and are currently being heard in the Assembly. Should any of these measures have to return to the Senate due to amendments (such as SB 249), I will oppose them. Assembly Bills 1527, 2182, 2333 and 2549 have also advanced through the Assembly and will next be heard in the Senate. I have been and will continue to be a staunch supporter of gun rights, and I will oppose any legislation that attempts to limit our Second Amendment rights.

mud99
08-08-2012, 8:07 PM
We still have a few decent politicians in California.

huntercf
08-08-2012, 8:18 PM

key word.:mad:

FalconLair
08-08-2012, 8:26 PM
why does it seem like every bill gets shot down except one concerning peace officers? that one passes overwhelmingly...just saying...one couldn't even get on the floor

chris
08-08-2012, 8:31 PM

the operative word being "few". they are outnumbered by the pondscum

jimh
08-08-2012, 8:45 PM
what bill restricts carrying concealed weapons?

GOEX FFF
08-08-2012, 8:52 PM
why does it seem like every bill gets shot down except one concerning peace officers? that one passes overwhelmingly...just saying...one couldn't even get on the floor

Because the anti-gun CA legislature only believe that the military and law enforcement should have firearms.

neouser
08-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Because the anti-gun CA legislature only believe that the military and law enforcement should have firearms.

In Roman times, those were called the Praetorian.