PDA

View Full Version : If Sb 249 passes what are we suppose to turn in?

1987foxl90
08-08-2012, 5:44 PM
I see a bunch of posts regarding turning in rifles if this passes. What does this mean? Turn in the bullet button? The whole rifle? Just the receiver? There seems to be a bunch of misinformation going on? How would they know you even have them. There is no rifle registration.....until a little while anyway

707electrician
08-08-2012, 5:45 PM
Turn in nothing, and if you think you should turn in anything, turn in your proud to be an American card

Quiet
08-08-2012, 5:48 PM
If it passes as currently written, affected firearms will need to be modified to be compliant with the laws or taken out-of-state or surrendered to law enforcement for destruction.

rspar
08-08-2012, 5:51 PM
So if you install a kydex grip or similar you're ok and then you no longer need a BB?

Quiet
08-08-2012, 5:59 PM
So if you install a kydex grip or similar you're ok and then you no longer need a BB?

Yes, for semi-auto rifles and as long as said semi-auto rifle does not have any other restricted feature (flash suppressor/hider, folding/extending stock, forward pistol grip, etc).

The "featureless" option is not available for semi-auto pistols and semi-auto shotguns.

titan
08-08-2012, 6:03 PM
or don't keep it assembled?

candidviews
08-08-2012, 6:08 PM
The "featureless" option is not available for semi-auto pistols and semi-auto shotguns.

In plain English: You have a Glock or any firearm with a detachable magazine? You are a criminal if it passes. Madness

railroader
08-08-2012, 6:15 PM
Yes, for semi-auto rifles and as long as said semi-auto rifle does not have any other restricted feature (flash suppressor/hider, folding/extending stock, forward pistol grip, etc).

My carbine has a the 6 position collapsible stock can it just be pinned to one position or would I need to go with an A2 stock? Mark

OleCuss
08-08-2012, 6:16 PM
In plain English: You have a Glock or any firearm with a detachable magazine? You are a criminal if it passes. Madness

Are you quite certain this applies to semi-auto handguns such as Glocks?

AAShooter
08-08-2012, 6:18 PM
Are you quite certain this applies to semi-auto handguns such as Glocks?

I believe rifle only

IPSICK
08-08-2012, 6:18 PM

FUD and wrong.

Think AR pistols and Saiga Shotguns. Those do not have the featureless option.

IPSICK
08-08-2012, 6:20 PM
My carbine has a the 6 position collapsible stock can it just be pinned to one position or would I need to go with an A2 stock? Mark

Pinned should be fine, just don't neglect to remove any other features.

Wiz-of-Awd

...and remove other "features" as well.

Then, and only then can you use your standard mag release - and old hi cap mags you had years ago before the ban.

Whoops, I guess Yee and the boys missed that...

A.W.D.

ChaneRZ
My AR and AK will be featureless. Dropping mag like its hot.

titan
08-08-2012, 6:25 PM
I am doing all I can to fight this but if we lose I will just seperate the upper and lower. I only shoot in NV and AZ so I will just transport disassembled, that is unless constructive possession is part of sb249 as it does with NFA stuff. Keep up the good fight, I really hope we can defeat this. This is getting old after 25 years of this crap in CA, 13-15 more yrs of work and I am outta here!

smle-man
08-08-2012, 6:39 PM
I am doing all I can to fight this but if we lose I will just seperate the upper and lower. I only shoot in NV and AZ so I will just transport disassembled, that is unless constructive possession is part of sb249 as it does with NFA stuff. Keep up the good fight, I really hope we can defeat this. This is getting old after 25 years of this crap in CA, 13-15 more yrs of work and I am outta here!

My same thought, I'll just separate the upper and lower. 8 years and I'm out of here, another tax payer gone and California deeper in debt.

707electrician
08-08-2012, 6:41 PM
My same thought, I'll just separate the upper and lower. 8 years and I'm out of here, another tax payer gone and California deeper in debt.

Don't worry, they will bleed you dry in less than 8 years

AeroEngi
08-08-2012, 6:48 PM
Give them nothing, but take from them, everything!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

candidviews
08-08-2012, 6:49 PM
I believe rifle only

Not the way I read the latest version of the bill. Please tell me where it self limits to rifles.

G60
08-08-2012, 6:57 PM
Nothing. You will be forced to go featureless and use detachable, standard capacity magazines.

OleCuss
08-08-2012, 7:05 PM
I believe rifle only

That's mostly what I thought. I think there may be a few other things, but I don't think Yee and his bunch are stupid enough to try to ban your regular semi-auto handgun - yet.

wurger
08-08-2012, 7:06 PM
Your Glock (or similar semi handgun) isn't impacted by SB249. I don't think even Yee and crew are stupid enough to try banning semi-auto handguns (yet). If they were to try, that pesky roster would bite them in the a**. How can you ban something safe?

DonFerrando
08-08-2012, 7:10 PM

I'd like to know this, too. Would it be "constructive possession" to just keep it disassembled?

bob7122
08-08-2012, 7:12 PM
Your Glock (or similar semi handgun) isn't impacted by SB249. I don't think even Yee and crew are stupid enough to try banning semi-auto handguns (yet). If they were to try, that pesky roster would bite them in the a**. How can you ban something safe?

we could only pray they are that stupid.

adampolo13
08-08-2012, 7:14 PM
Not the way I read the latest version of the bill. Please tell me where it self limits to rifles.

Please re-read the entire amendment. There is a separate section that defines how handguns become assault weapons.

Bruceisontarget
08-08-2012, 7:20 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking.

adampolo13
08-08-2012, 7:23 PM
We will have lots of options. One of them will be to leave our evil features on and put a regular mag release on. We will be able to do this because ultimately SCOTUS will rule in our favor! (Gotta have faith!)

mc21
08-08-2012, 7:24 PM
I see a bunch of posts regarding turning in rifles if this passes. What does this mean? Turn in the bullet button? The whole rifle? Just the receiver? There seems to be a bunch of misinformation going on? How would they know you even have them. There is no rifle registration.....until a little while anyway

Your second amendment right?

frankm
08-08-2012, 7:30 PM
Don't turn in anything. Disassemble it, hide it, ignore them, bury it, sell it out of state, but do not EVER give up a gun.

2DoorImpala
08-08-2012, 7:37 PM
I'll turn my foot to the right, after its inserted in their ***.

Bruceisontarget
08-08-2012, 7:39 PM
Don't turn in anything. Disassemble it, hide it, ignore them, bury it, sell it out of state, but do not EVER give up a gun.

^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^

huntercf
08-08-2012, 7:42 PM
Turn in Nothing, and if you think you should turn in anything, turn in your proud to be an American card

Beat me to it. :mad:

frankm
08-08-2012, 7:45 PM
And another thing. Everybody, I mean EVERYBODY, needs to buy a scoped .308 bolt-action rifle. Do it now.

dieselpower
08-08-2012, 7:55 PM
And another thing. Everybody, I mean EVERYBODY, needs to buy a scoped .308 bolt-action rifle. Do it now.

are you saying a scoped 308 will be labled a "sniper" rifle and therefore illegal to purchase after XX/XX/XXXX....

Nodda Duma
08-08-2012, 7:56 PM
Will it be time for civil disobedience?

Think on this: Yee is performing a GUN GRAB. THIS is what people talk about when they say "They came for MY guns and no one was left to stand with me". They are not knocking on your door to take them. They will be taking your guns with a stroke of a pen in Sacramento. What are you, as The People who have always consented to be governed, going to do about it.

5thgen4runner
08-08-2012, 8:01 PM

Amen End Of Thread

ap3572001
08-08-2012, 8:05 PM
This bill CAN NOT pass.

CitaDeL
08-08-2012, 8:09 PM
No. Can. Haz.:mad:

desertjosh
08-08-2012, 8:11 PM

Why so specific? You can PM if you want.

.22guy
08-08-2012, 8:13 PM

Elaborate please?

Bruceisontarget
08-08-2012, 8:26 PM

Would a scoped featureless AR10 do? Building one now.

frankm
08-08-2012, 8:37 PM
yes, you can hunt with it, anything.

Wiz-of-Awd
08-08-2012, 8:46 PM

Really, the undertaking required to get people to turn in their guns or even go and confiscate them is mind boggling.

A.W.D.

Oh, and I already have my .308, thank you :)

insik
08-08-2012, 9:29 PM
In 1972, President Marcos declared martial law in the Philippines. Firearms confiscation followed next. People are afraid of being jailed and surrendered their firearms (my Aunt surrendered her winchester lever action and 12Ga). The smart ones, buried their firearms.

The next 14 years is tyranny and human rights abuses by the military. Do not think that it will not happen in the USA, if you will let them take yours.

Don29palms
08-08-2012, 9:42 PM
In 1972, President Marcos declared martial law in the Philippines. Firearms confiscation followed next. People are afraid of being jailed and surrendered their firearms (my Aunt surrendered her winchester lever action and 12Ga). The smart ones, buried their firearms.

The next 14 years is tyranny and human rights abuses by the military. Do not think that it will not happen in the USA, if you will let them take yours.

My firearms will not be buried or lost in a boating accident. When I have to hide or "lose" my firearms to keep them it's time to use them.

I will die a free man before I live as a slave!

jonc
08-08-2012, 9:43 PM
good luck to us!!!!

trew10
08-08-2012, 9:48 PM
Instead of complaining about it spread the word and VOTE against it!

desertjosh
08-08-2012, 9:52 PM

I didn't think you could vote against it?

trew10
08-08-2012, 9:55 PM
As Americans we have the right to decide the outcome of most bills and election's but most people always have something to say but never do anything about it. If you don't vote against it then your leting it pass because bealive me the are pushing hard for this to pass. So what are we going to do about it?

tiechshlime
08-08-2012, 9:56 PM
Organize a protest?

mmbasser
08-08-2012, 9:59 PM

Nice! :thumbsup:

XD40SUBBIE
08-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Hide it disassembled, until CGF can SB249 thrown out in the SCOTUS and then mail your BB to Yee.

Sheepdog1968
08-08-2012, 10:05 PM
There will be lawsuits by the NRA.

By the way, keltec, Benelli, Ruger, and Springfield all make firearms that won't be impacted by this.

HK Dave
08-08-2012, 10:07 PM
Make sure to add the link for the petition to your signature. Very few on calguns have signed it. :(

wurger
08-08-2012, 10:08 PM
What the FUD?
Read CA PC 30515. This bill changes the definition of detachable mag as applied in 30515.

Not FUD.

30515 already covers semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines. Unless I'm missing something, SB249 "simply" expands the definition of a detachable mag to include those mags removed using a tool or bullet.

To clarify, when I say pistol, I'm referring to actual pistols (Glock/HK/1911 etc.), not AR/AK types. Not good news for AR/AK pistol owners.

Breadfan
08-08-2012, 10:17 PM
tag

XD40SUBBIE
08-08-2012, 10:23 PM
We just need less than 2000 more signatures...common Calguns!

https://www.change.org/petitions/stop-sb-249

MontClaire
08-08-2012, 10:29 PM
How easy most of you get down on your knees. You are all shaking in your boots when you need to stand up and voice your opinion & concern. Cowards.

readysetgo
08-08-2012, 10:33 PM
"If Sb 249 passes what are we suppose to turn in?"

Your nuts!

I highly recommend hanging on to them though, that is, if you haven't surrendered them already ;)

sharxbyte
08-08-2012, 10:35 PM
if the bullet button itself is banned, what about all the people who have a ton of them laying around in parts kits and random drawers?

Bruceisontarget

With all due respect... we are Americans. I have a big problem with the idea that confiscation happened in another country, so it could happen here. Not true... guns are a big part of American culture... always have been... like no other country.

Uplink
That's mostly what I thought. I think there may be a few other things, but I don't think Yee and his bunch are stupid enough to try to ban your regular semi-auto handgun - yet.

Yee and cronies are taking our rights away one baby step at a time. This is just paving the way. :(

IPSICK
08-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Not FUD.

30515 already covers semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines. Unless I'm missing something, SB249 "simply" expands the definition of a detachable mag to include those mags removed using a tool or bullet.

To clarify, when I say pistol, I'm referring to actual pistols (Glock/HK/1911 etc.), not AR/AK types. Not good news for AR/AK pistol owners.

Oops. I misread your post. Reading and posting from phone.

OlderThanDirt
08-08-2012, 11:35 PM
FUD and wrong.

Think AR pistols and Saiga Shotguns. Those do not have the featureless option.

I'm not so sure about there not being any options for AR pistols. While a little awkward as far as how the firearm was DROSed, physically it would be easy to convert it to a featureless rifle while in CA. There is no constructive possession in CA and you would still be fine with ATF since the 4473 was for a pistol. Would it be an assault pistol if if was a legally configured rifle? Maybe a knowledgeable FFL has an opinion.

frankm
08-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Can you suggest a good .308 bolt action rifle and scope to purchase. :33:

Depends on your budget. Even a low-end Savage that comes with a scope is a nice rifle. So is Howa, Remington 700, etc. If you don't have much money, buy a rifle and scope combo. It'll work. If you have more money, ask in our optics section about good scopes such as Leopold and the rifle section for specific models.

My point is this. You, as an American, are a member of the militia. Therefore, you need to have weapons that would be suitable for militia duty. These include an EBR, a scoped rifle, and a pistol. Shotguns aren't necessary but are great for HD. The weapons you own should be as compatible as possible with the military and police forces. You should have NATO calibers where possible. A 30-06 is a great round, but most ammo in a dire situation, will be 308, 556, 9mm, or other military rounds. In a given hypothetical, you could get ammo from the police or military, course this is easier if they are your allies, harder if they are not.

frankm
08-08-2012, 11:49 PM

done!

Lexustech48
08-08-2012, 11:51 PM
They arent getting a DAMNED thing from this guy. And I sure as hell will not just GIVE them my AR. Petitioned signed, and Ill be making sure that all (well, as many as i can get to) of the gun stores in North San Diego county has a Stop SB249 info flyer up.

Im typically on the left side of things except for 2A rights.. EVERYONE that is a legal and law abiding citizen should be allowed to own just about any firearm they want. this is out and out BS by Sen. Yee and he MUST be stopped. Seriously pisses me off... wasting all this time and money and energy on making criminals out of law abiding citizens simply for owning a LEGAL rifle.

Go get em CGF!!!!!

e36mike
08-08-2012, 11:59 PM
I have a slightly strange question. For whatever reason if you wanted to add a grip to make the rifle featureless , would u need to remove the bullet button? Under current law or sb249. Curious just incase the law does pass and one cannot purchase a magazine release quick enough.

DisgruntledReaper
08-09-2012, 12:45 AM

I have a couple 8mm mausers with 25 rd trench mags....and a few k in ammo...... still need scopes..;)

Hey, how would this affect m1919 brownings and other belt feds????? hmmmmm.....

morfeeis
08-09-2012, 2:01 AM
Turn in nothing, and if you think you should turn in anything, turn in your proud to be an American card

I'll turn my foot to the right, after its inserted in their ***.

Will it be time for civil disobedience?

Think on this: Yee is performing a GUN GRAB. THIS is what people talk about when they say "They came for MY guns and no one was left to stand with me". They are not knocking on your door to take them. They will be taking your guns with a stroke of a pen in Sacramento. What are you, as The People who have always consented to be governed, going to do about it.

Thank God someone still has some balls. I'm not turning in crap.

BigRobb
08-09-2012, 2:08 AM
I'm going to turn in my middle finger and do what I can to keep what is rightfully and constitutionally mine.

Skin1991
08-09-2012, 2:14 AM
Id love to see them come door to door ordering people to hand over guns, see how far that will get them before they have a all out revolt/war in california. They aint gettin a damn thing from me.

mosinnagantm9130
08-09-2012, 3:05 AM
Nothing.

safewaysecurity
08-09-2012, 3:28 AM
Not turning in ****. We need to all stand together and tell them they've gone too far.

Ryan in SD
08-09-2012, 4:23 AM
First I'll turn in the bullets.

Once used, hope they dont mind! :D

Who's sutpid enough to try and unconstitutionally take guns away from americans? That would be one ballsey stupid mofo.

Nodda Duma
08-09-2012, 4:32 AM

Thanks for the link. I forwarded to friends and colleagues out in china lake

Agent Orange
08-09-2012, 4:50 AM
Baaa...baaa...

Patriot Man
08-09-2012, 5:25 AM
Make sure to add the link for the petition to your signature. Very few on calguns have signed it. :(

Exactly, I am dismayed by how few signatures there are. Call, email, and donate.:cool:

secret.asian.man
08-09-2012, 5:41 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ (http://stopsb249.org/take-action), and that's all i have to say.

1987foxl90
08-09-2012, 6:40 AM
I started this thread not because I'm going to turn in a damn thing but because I wanted as much information about this stupid #@cking bill that I can.

CnCFunFactory
08-09-2012, 8:17 AM
Id love to see them come door to door ordering people to hand over guns, see how far that will get them before they have a all out revolt/war in california. They aint gettin a damn thing from me.

In this scenario, unfortunately, we will all be little versions of waco or ruby ridge. Sure it'll get discussed two years after the fact at some hearing but those of us that stand up to an outright confiscation will be labeled as "gun fanatics" and shot dead during the course of said confiscation. That's just the reality of the situation.

Keep your powder dry my friend.

Uxi
08-09-2012, 8:24 AM
Hopefully after the first couple, the others would start massing together to make them at least "big" ruby ridges... if not something more reminiscent of Lexington and Concord.

Kyle1886
08-09-2012, 8:52 AM
Until there are designated "districts" and "district leaders" before hand, it would be chaos. Unless quickly amassed in operational units with a command structure, our defeat would be swift. It's difficult to defeat good guerilla tactics, but roaming bands of "CA. Patriots"--- one drone makes dust out of them.

As I mentioned in another thread, too many young folks with family, job, etc. to actually rebel. Once huge fines, jail time, and neighbors and family start turning in the "rebels", the metal grinders will work overtime.

Compliance will come without the door-to-door confiscation, I'm afraid.

Hopefully after the first couple, the others would start massing together to make them at least "big" ruby ridges... if not something more reminiscent of Lexington and Concord.

Respectfully
Kyle

MUKAK
08-09-2012, 9:05 AM
all i know i need my AR/AK in case the Chinese from overseas come and invade us

CnCFunFactory
08-09-2012, 9:08 AM

I find myself worrying more "aboot" the Canadians... if you listen really closely at night you can hear them sharpening their skates at night preparing for a full scale invasion.. :D

bluewrx
08-09-2012, 9:47 AM

One of them is already here by the name of Yee

OlderThanDirt
08-09-2012, 9:53 AM
As currently written there is no need to turn in anything under SB249. The law says nothing about parts, which can be reassembled when this turd goes down in flames in court.

Aldemar
08-09-2012, 9:58 AM

Same here but I've got quite a bit less time before I go over the river.

Remember to lose the pistol grip and collapsible stock if so equipped.

Chosen_1
08-09-2012, 10:17 AM
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee413/ZenLikeCalm/Screen%20Shot/NopeChuckTesta-2.jpg

Nope

It funny how the people who are absolutely petrified to be caught with an unregistered AW are some of the same people who claim they won't turn in their guns if 249 passes.

Untamed1972
08-09-2012, 10:35 AM
First I'll turn in the bullets.

Once used, hope they dont mind! :D

Who's sutpid enough to try and unconstitutionally take guns away from americans? That would be one ballsey stupid mofo.

Is the bullet button the thing you pull with your finger to make the gun go bang? :innocent: :whistling:

frankm
08-09-2012, 11:26 PM
I know none of you are actually advocating or esposing violence. That would be wrong except against foreign invaders. But to play along, hypothetically, if the pygmy eskimos invade, there's always Snajperska aleja.

And for the tinfoil hat crowd, here's something to fuel your paranoia:
http://modernsurvivalonline.com/Files/books/fm/mcwp3353.pdf

dogfood
08-10-2012, 12:36 AM

Not really sure someone who came over at the age of 3 could be construed as such...might wanna tone it down on the xenophobia...it does us all a disservice

Rattlehead
08-10-2012, 12:47 AM

Give me a break.

Your ignorance is showing.

luckystrike
08-10-2012, 1:09 AM
In the future I hope I don't have to buy cosmoline and shovels.

Get3CoffinsReady
08-10-2012, 1:29 AM
turn in a couple of these .|..

ThePerfectExposure
08-10-2012, 1:32 AM
what about the post de facto clause in the constitution? would that allow us to take it to the supreme court?

tommyid1
08-10-2012, 1:39 AM
im not turning in ****. i work too hard for my money to buy the stuff i want to have them just flippantly tell me its illegal and i have to turn it in now for no compensation. hell even if they were offering fair market value id tell em to f*&k off. my rifles will stay exactly as they are locked up in a safe in another state with me.

famas619
08-10-2012, 1:43 AM
I cant wait till next August 2013, im outta here to Arizona.

divercal
08-10-2012, 4:52 AM
I signed one a month ago...is this a new one?

Goosebrown
08-10-2012, 5:25 AM
Not really sure someone who came over at the age of 3 could be construed as such...might wanna tone it down on the xenophobia...it does us all a disservice

I agree. He's an American with whom I disagree. He comes to the table with his upbringing just like you or I bring ours.

He has a right to an opinion.

The problem is not that he is from somewhere else, the problem is that he represents a party that has no viable opposition in the state legislature so he (and the rest of the Democrats) can pass almost anything without any counterbalance.

Emphasizing the "outsider" in Yee is a losing strategy for us and frankly, unfair.

not-fishing
08-10-2012, 5:33 AM
Not turning in ****. We need to all stand together and tell them they've gone too far.

Actually I think turning in the bullet button might be a Good Idea.

I'd just go down to Sacramento Pd (the Chief is very anti CCW) with my bullet buttons turn them in and ask for a receipt.

The bullet button is worthless to me but the seizure without compensation might be worth something to others at a later date.

sundayduffer
08-10-2012, 5:42 AM
Huh? What? Duh!!!!!!!!! I have a trout they can have....

Micro48
08-10-2012, 6:22 AM
I know none of you are actually advocating or esposing violence. That would be wrong except against foreign invaders. But to play along, hypothetically, if the pygmy eskimos invade, there's always Snajperska aleja.

And for the tinfoil hat crowd, here's something to fuel your paranoia:
http://modernsurvivalonline.com/Files/books/fm/mcwp3353.pdf

"against all enemies, foreign and domestic"

chris
08-10-2012, 6:45 AM
what about the post de facto clause in the constitution? would that allow us to take it to the supreme court?

I read a little bit about it on the other SB249 thread but I cannot remember all the details. I would like to know more on this as well.

jrock
08-10-2012, 8:04 AM
i may have double tapped the petition!
i have more than one email addresses, i wasnt sure if i signed w\xyz email.
sometimes i go by my full name and other times my initials.

this could lead to doubling the sigs.
uh oh

donw
08-10-2012, 8:21 AM
firstly...read the most currently amended proposal.

secondly...do NOT panic

thirdly...if you're not already a member, join the NRA* or a pro gun originzation; it's true there is safety, and strength in numbers that individuals acting alone usually don't have; especially when it comes to legal/court applications.

*4.5 MILLION members and growing.

fourthly...do NOT plan or advocate a violent response. keep in mind...legislators do not tolerate violence. (unless its them directing it in anothers direction to enforce a law(s)

fifthly...have a plan on what to do with your AR to become compliant; destroy, remove from the state or go featureless, IF it becomes law, AFTER seeing the final draft of the law.

it has to be voted on by the 31st of this month. after that, it will be known if legal action will ensue, brown will veto or pigeon hole.

if passed into law it will not come into effect until July 2013, that gives time to comply but hopefully, it will be defeated before then via court or veto.

IMO, it will pass and it will have to be taken court. (i hope i am wrong but we will soon know)

yee and his constuients are feverish about this and WILL NOT give up easily. they have proven their contempt for the constitution, both federal and California state, they will stop at nothing. they, at this point, are beyond reasoning with.

i would like to suggest that, from the looks of the current amendment, rimfire is still exempt, get 22lr uppers and store the centerfire uppers until a workable solution is reached. that way, you can still enjoy your 'AR' and NOT be in violation.

Jason_2111
08-10-2012, 8:23 AM
http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/M8slcPPdw9I/0.jpg

It was awful, simply awful. I was really lucky to just get out alive.

GettoPhilosopher
08-10-2012, 8:45 AM
There will be lawsuits by the NRA.

I'd prefer to avoid another Heller II, thanks. I'm fine keeping this CGF/Cal-FFL/SAF/:gura:.

Ok, so there seems to be a lot of FUD and confusion in this thread. Lemme try and clarify.

This is a redefinition of the term "detachable magazine" as used in the assault weapons laws. Go look at all three flowcharts: pistol, rifle, and shotgun. Anytime it says "Does it have the capacity to accept detachable magazines?" and that note about bullet buttons, ignore the note about bullet buttons.

It would make a firearm with a bullet button be considered the same legally as a normal mag release. Therefore, any combination for pistol/rifle/shotgun that requires a nondetachable magazine would no longer be doable with a bullet button.

Your ARs, AKs, other rifles can have detachable magazines so long as they do not ALSO have features. So get rid of the features and you're good.

Your AR pistols, AK pistols, other exotic pistols with threaded barrels or magazines outside the grip cannot be made featureless; you can't move the magazine on an AR pistol inside the pistol grip, now can you? These would have to be somehow spot welded or something to make the magazine nonremovable, or would have to be taken out of state, or would have to be surrendered to law enforcement for destruction.

Your shotguns with box magazines (Saiga 12s, Akdal MK1919s) are also screwed, as a detachable magazine *IS* a feature that makes a shotgun an assault weapon. I don't know about the Akdal's, but looking at my Saiga 12 there's no way I could permanently fix the magazine AND still be able to load it. So I'd either have to remove parts from the gas system (no longer a semi-auto? I don't know if that's permanent enough, and IANAL, so don't quote me on this one), take it out of state, or surrender it to LE for destruction.

Remember, the "assault weapons" bans are ENTIRELY cosmetic. They don't ban semi-autos, they ban semi-autos that ALSO HAVE CERTAIN FEATURES. So you have to look at each category and see what triggers AW status. Rifles must have detachable magazines AND any feature, so get rid of the features and you're good to go. Shotguns with detachable magazines are AWs period, so you're screwed. Pistols with threaded barrels and/or magazines outside of the pistol grip are AWs period, so your AR/AK/etc pistols would be screwed. Etc, etc.

Get3CoffinsReady
08-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Your ARs, AKs, other rifles can have detachable magazines so long as they do not ALSO have features. So get rid of the features and you're good.

So they are just going to take the gun owners word for it, that owners changed the rifle to featureless?

Rock6.3
08-10-2012, 11:40 AM
So they are just going to take the gun owners word for it, that owners changed the rifle to featureless?

It is not complicated.

New law passes.
You are observed violating the law.
You get a magic piece of paper that entitles you to explain your failure to comply to a judge who can jail or fine you or both.

This bill (in its current form) gives you time to get into compliance by surrendering your illegal firearm without compensation.

My375hp302
08-10-2012, 8:19 PM
I was thinking this too. At what point do you decide that the gov has overstepped their bounds and violated the second amendment. I mean the very reason we have the second amendment is so we could fight back against a corrupt government. If this turns into an actual door to door gun grab I predict a very bad day for the people that made it happen...

[/B][/B]Will it be time for civil disobedience?

furyous68
08-10-2012, 8:58 PM
With all due respect... we are Americans. I have a big problem with the idea that confiscation happened in another country, so it could happen here. Not true... guns are a big part of American culture... always have been... like no other country.

You've just won the door-knob award! :D

If you truly think that this could not happen in this country, I have some magic beans to sell you. Wake up. This government will do ANYTHING to control it's constituents. They will lie, cheat, & steal. Wait... they already have... ever click on the Operation Fast & Furious thread??? The country you're thinking of is long gone... chipped away at by the retards running the government. I do not put ANY hope in the government doing the right thing. It's going to take an act of God (literally) to change anything.

The 2nd amendment had nothing to do with foreign invaders. It was to keep the government from overstepping it's bounds. You came in second place :D

gunsmith
08-10-2012, 9:01 PM
yrs after leaving CA they still reach out to grab your money, they went so far as to suspend my driving privileges it cost 600 to restore so I could renew DL.
They also tried to make me pay taxes because my CA guard cards were current, even though I was no longer residing there. It took a 4 hour wait at the tax assessors office , then I got this guy fresh off the boat from mainland China who told me "I had to prove" I was not working in California or pay 15 grand . ( he also couldn't pronounce Nevada, I told him there is no place called "wanada"
I started screaming about "innocent until proven guilty" and asking him real loud if he really thinks that I have to prove my innocence - I caused such a scene and screamed so much they called a supervisor who told him to delete everything and told me to go home and not worry about it .

blazeaglory
08-10-2012, 9:01 PM
I see alot of people saying it will be OK for featureless to have a bullet button or not. This might not be true and would still be illegal... The way the actual law is written says any weapon that uses a press button system that does or does not require a tool and without dissembling the firing mechanism and housing, with or without a bullet button. So really you would have to weld your magazine to the bottom of your gun and you can use whatever other accesories (pistol grip, stock, etc..) you want. Would this be true?

Jason P
08-10-2012, 9:24 PM
I am going to send in two paper bags if this happens. One bag will contain the fecal matter of my Basset Hound, Woodrow. The other will probably contain a pile of mine...

blazeaglory
08-10-2012, 9:28 PM
Why waste a bag?

jeep7081
08-10-2012, 9:32 PM

Since you would love to see. Here you go. It did happen. Watch. Right here in the USA. They came door to door and took people firearms. No one did a damn thing. Why? Scared. Internet talk is cheap. Most don't want gun fire and will hand them over AND THEY DID! Thousands gave up their firearms!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd8q_rvcAP4&feature=related

Rattlehead
08-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Since you would love to see. Here you go. It did happen. Watch. Right here in the USA. They came door to door and took people firearms. No one did a damn thing. Why? Scared. Internet talk is cheap. Most don't want gun fire and will hand them over AND THEY DID! Thousands gave up their firearms!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd8q_rvcAP4&feature=related

That's right.

Acting like "we" want to engage in a gun battle or physical fight with CA's government and LE is not a light that we need to be portrayed in.

Most members of Calguns posting Greek quotations here wouldn't be so tough if they had four to six armed and armored LEO's knocking at their door.

LMTluvr
08-10-2012, 10:55 PM
That's right.

Acting like "we" want to engage in a gun battle or physical fight with CA's government and LE is not a light that we need to be portrayed in.

Most members of Calguns posting Greek quotations here wouldn't be so tough if they had four to six armed and armored LEO's knocking at their door.

Been trying to ascertain the best way to say this.
How about instead of focusing on the "cold dead hands" modus operandi we start with working with LE to gain support and defeat this bill. Any talk that could be construed as "us Vrs. Them" Sentiment is definitely NOT going to help the cause.

Rattlehead
08-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Been trying to ascertain the best way to say this.
How about instead of focusing on the "cold dead hands" modus operandi we start with working with LE to gain support and defeat this bill. Any talk that could be construed as "us Vrs. Them" Sentiment is definitely NOT going to help the cause.

Yes, Riverside's Sheriff is definitely a good start.

bluewrx
08-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Give me a break.

Your ignorance is showing.

The word "invader" might not be best used here. Can you help me out please? What do you call someone who is trying to take away, what is lawfully, legally your that you bought and paid for with your honest hard earned money without compensation?

This country has become so sensitive with ways and how we use words to describe someone. We are complaining about our 2A being taken away from us slowly and painfully. Why are you trying to take away my 1A?

Mendo223
08-10-2012, 11:13 PM
isnt it possible to just seperate the upper and lower? i can keep the lower at home and the upper in a storage unit. i dont use AR15 for self defense anyways...i use a kimber 45 for home defense...i want to store my ar15 until the SCOTUS defeats this unconstitutional bill..

also i agree...while this bill is angering, lets refrain from the "cold dead hands" talk...we dont need to give the gun grabbers anything to use against us.

LEGAL PROTEST....

Rattlehead
08-10-2012, 11:40 PM
The word "invader" might not be best used here. Can you help me out please? What do you call someone who is trying to take away, what is lawfully, legally your that you bought and paid for with your honest hard earned money without compensation?

This country has become so sensitive with ways and how we use words to describe someone. We are complaining about our 2A being taken away from us slowly and painfully. Why are you trying to take away my 1A?

The word "invader" might not be best used here.

Correct, it isn't, yet you played along with it. 'They' read our posts, calling Yee and invader makes us and our cause look bad.

What do you call someone who is trying to take away, what is lawfully, legally your that you bought and paid for with your honest hard earned money without compensation?

In this case, our very own government.

Why are you trying to take away my 1A?

I'm not, my post was in no way to strip you of your first amendment rights.

Most likely you and I are on the same side, the way that that post was worded just irked me. Logical people realize that what you posted wasn't meant to be racist, however I can see how easily it could be misconstrued and blown out of context (by Yee and his staff, possibly on Twitter) to sound bad, especially with the Yee crowd calling Calguns racist.

I apologize for calling you ignorant, I'm very frustrated.

bluewrx
08-11-2012, 12:03 AM
I apologize for calling you ignorant[/B], I'm very frustrated.

You don't need to. It is your 1A given to us by the fathers of the good old USA.

Any way, I don't see how anybody or anything, in this country, is allowed to take away a rightfully owned property or properties from a law obiding citizen. If this is a case we should not call this land the "USA".

I see your points about Yee is using a racist card to his advantages. Yes we are on the side and I am very frustrated as hell.

stator
08-11-2012, 10:43 AM

Politicians who believe CA gun owners will still vote Democrat in every election.

And, they have a point because it is true. As gun control laws increased during this decade, so has the Democrat's election wins.

At some point, many gun owners in CA and here on Calguns, are going to have to face reality and start voting Democrats out of office in Sac. Plus, stop convincing themselves that Jerry Brown and others are "really" gun friendly. That needs to sink in to the some of the "leadership" here.

Sniper3142
08-11-2012, 12:51 PM
I recently purchased an AR pistol specifically because of the looming SB249.

If they want it, they can come try to take it.

-hanko
08-11-2012, 1:04 PM
Plus, stop convincing themselves that Jerry Brown and others are "really" gun friendly. That needs to sink in to the some of the "leadership" here.
That can't be true...Moonbeam, iirc, was the recommended candidate here v. Ms. Meg. Maybe I just didn't understand.

OP, as stuff like this arrives, you can either slide a bit more down the 'slippery slope' or do what your conscience tells you to do...as a ton of people did in January, 2000. ;)

Do some thinking.

-hanko

GMG
08-11-2012, 1:32 PM
Hey, how would this affect m1919 brownings and other belt feds????? hmmmmm.....

This shouldn't have any effect on the Browning 1919's, their pistol grip is behind the receiver not below it.

Rock6.3
08-11-2012, 2:53 PM
Thank you for pointing out something else that Mr. Yee can include in the next amendment to his bill.

Which team are you folks playing for?

ElCUBANO
08-11-2012, 3:27 PM
Look on Drudge Report today the army is already getting ready for some kind of uprising from the American people.

HBrebel
08-11-2012, 3:28 PM

I like your style. AGREED 100%!!! If we were to give up our 2A we would begin to see a much faster erosion of the rest of our natural rights. These rights are not negotiable and those B-holes in DC, Sacramento, San Hose, Frisco and everywhere else can only waste so much more taxpayer money on scare tactics and trying to create a fear of guns and gun owners. Anybody who is wondering what to do even if Yee is successful, may as well give up your guns now and go see a surgeon to put some marbles where your balls used to be.

The Wingnut
08-11-2012, 3:52 PM

How 'bout a lever action? Got one already. :D

To hammer on it further; turn in nothing and let CGF crawl up their arse and build a shelf. :43:

hatidua
08-11-2012, 4:13 PM
I see a bunch of posts regarding turning in rifles if this passes. What does this mean? Turn in the bullet button? The whole rifle? Just the receiver?

The politicians in CA don't want featureless rifles, they want NO RIFLES or guns of any type in the hands of the public. If SB249 passes, they'll move on to the next cog in the wheel as they really don't want any guns in existence anymore.

bsg
08-11-2012, 4:16 PM

done.

frankm
08-11-2012, 6:15 PM
Look on Drudge Report today the army is already getting ready for some kind of uprising from the American people.

Nah, that's silly. Course if it happened, there would be defections. Welcome to Syria? LOL!

erik_26
08-11-2012, 6:59 PM
I think I might turn in my CADL if SB249 goes into affect.

I grew up in this state. But it might be time to take my hard earned tax dollars to a state that honors my freedom.

I am sick and tired of paying 10's of thousands in state taxes annually and getting nothing in return (including proper representation).

More freedom is granted to the lazy people that do not contribute in taxes, that I support, than freedom is granted to me.

lilro
08-11-2012, 7:39 PM

New Orleans during Katrina...

Sure it may not be done efficiently, but that never stopped California from wasting money before...

If even 1 person has their legally possessed firearms confiscated, that is a problem.

blazeaglory
08-11-2012, 8:48 PM
Politicians who believe CA gun owners will still vote Democrat in every election.

And, they have a point because it is true. As gun control laws increased during this decade, so has the Democrat's election wins.

At some point, many gun owners in CA and here on Calguns, are going to have to face reality and start voting Democrats out of office in Sac. Plus, stop convincing themselves that Jerry Brown and others are "really" gun friendly. That needs to sink in to the some of the "leadership" here.

Exactly. But thats why were doomed. The general public is dumb and votes without real thought.

At least the good thing is we know that these liberals will not have any guns to protect themselves with. Maybe not the poor ones anyways.

erik_26
08-11-2012, 9:42 PM
At least the good thing is we know that these liberals will not have any guns to protect themselves with. Maybe not the poor ones anyways.

Are you kidding? The poor are EXEMPT from everything.

The Liberals will take our guns from us and give them to the poor.

Next thing you know, you will have a poor lazy government dependent person (or family) come to your house to live in your spare room on your dime.

Rabid Squirrel
08-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Are you kidding? The poor are EXEMPT from everything.

The Liberals will take our guns from us and give them to the poor.

Next thing you know, you will have a poor lazy government dependent person (or family) come to your house to live in your spare room on your dime.

I'm poor, could you please enlighten me as to what exactly I'm exempt from. I work 60 hours a week and don't have time to research such things.

Albino
08-11-2012, 11:11 PM
It disgusts me to come to this forum, and read that some people have already accepted the premise of this bill, and are planning compliance before anything is even passed...

And to the "be careful what you say, because 'They' read our posts, calling Yee and invader makes us and our cause look bad" crowd...

Yeah, I can hear them now... "You know, those Calgunners are so respectful, maybe we should change our minds on taking away their rights to own firearms...

Logical people realize that what you posted wasn't meant to be racist, however I can see how easily it could be misconstrued and blown out of context (by Yee and his staff, possibly on Twitter) to sound bad, especially with the Yee crowd calling Calguns racist. .

The oldest trick of the Left to shut people down... and yet you play along with it.

Wouldn't want people to misconstrue anything on Twitter now would we???

Please.

The sooner that ALL gun owners of CA realize this is a FIGHT brought on by Them... Maybe there will be a chance to beat this thing.

They certainly don't care how "nice" you are on the internet to them... and I guarantee they don't care about how "eclectic, and diverse" you lead your life.

Get over yourselves.

They want to take your firearms away, no matter what... period

The line has been drawn. I know where I stand.

erik_26
08-12-2012, 7:22 AM
I'm poor, could you please enlighten me as to what exactly I'm exempt from. I work 60 hours a week and don't have time to research such things.

You work and therefore must pay taxes.

Your perception of your own wealth is not in line with that of the state.

The peoples who's entire existence is subsidized by the government are who I am referring too.

Now back to work, if your not working, your not making money for the state to take from you.

supersonic
08-12-2012, 8:24 AM
Does anyone know which fancy-schmancy upscale restaurants (paid for with our tax dollars - no doubt including numerous bottles of French Champagne to wash their Kobe Beef down with) Senators Yee, Steinberg, and AG Harris frequent?;)

Rabid Squirrel
08-12-2012, 10:15 AM
You work and therefore must pay taxes.

Your perception of your own wealth is not in line with that of the state.

The peoples who's entire existence is subsidized by the government are who I am referring too.

Now back to work, if your not working, your not making money for the state to take from you.

I guess my point is that we shouldn't fight to protect only the rights of the non liberal non poor people of our state and country. To say liberals (me) do not support gun rights is just factually incorrect. Not only that but such arguments turns a fight of civil rights into a match of us vs them. True progress will come from unity (not the hippie bull**** kind). The govt assisted poor are Americans and I would fight for their rights just as much as i would my own. Civil rights and liberties are for everyone plain and simple.

erik_26
08-12-2012, 11:00 AM
It is not fair for me to pay much higher % in taxes just because I make more.

It is not fair to force me to subsidize other people's existence.

It is not fair to force me to 'help the poor'.

It wont be fair to force me to pay for others healthcare.

It is not fair that people work hard to buy a nice home in a nice area only to have low income housing forced into their neighborhood.

I pay way more into the system and receive zero out of it. I don't get better roads to drive on. I don't get to send my kids to a better public school. I don't get to cut to the front of the line at the post office or the DMV. I don't get first priority if I call 911. I don't get more freedom.

I don't qualify for any governmental assistance. My kids won't qualify for government educational grants because I make too much, they are white, and aren't illegal.

The proposed (Bay Area) 9 county per mile driven tax law (I know 'proposed' is the key word) specifically said the poor would be exempt.

The poor are often exempt from having to pay for school lunches. They are exempt from having to pay for housing. Food from the groceries store.... etc.

I don't even get equal representation.

I am sick and tired of being punished for working hard, having a good job and making good money. I am sick and tired of my freedom being trampled on. How is it perfectly acceptable for the liberals to take my guns and money away with one hand then turn around and give more to the people that don't deserve a darn thing?

They (liberals) keep creating these 'feel good' programs to 'help' people and all that ever happens is that people that don't actually need the 'help' fully exploit the system while the small hand full that could legitimately could use some help either can't get it or are too proud to even attempt to.

By all means the republicans aren't any better. But the republicans aren't after my guns and typical stand for a fiscally responsible government.

If SB249 or any other new gun restricting legislation is passed, I would very highly consider moving out of this state and taking my hard earned tax money to a state where my freedom is respected, not restricted.

Cali-Shooter
08-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Don't turn in s##t, this bill will be defeated. Even if not, don't copulate your rights and private property away to the state, there are better ways to protect and or keep your personal property.

Dreaded Claymore
08-12-2012, 11:15 AM
Don't turn in s##t, this bill will be defeated. Even if not, don't copulate your rights and private property away to the state, there are better ways to protect and or keep your personal property.

Hahahahaha...I think the word you're searching for is "capitulate."

Cali-Shooter
08-12-2012, 11:19 AM
^ ^ ^ Thank you, autocorrect :)

Dreaded Claymore
08-12-2012, 11:37 AM
^ ^ ^ Thank you, autocorrect :)

Truly, mobile phone Autocorrect is a monumental innovation in electronically transmitted humor. We live in a wonderful era! :D

X-NewYawker
08-12-2012, 11:38 AM
We will have lots of options. One of them will be to leave our evil features on and put a regular mag release on. We will be able to do this because ultimately SCOTUS will rule in our favor! (Gotta have faith!)

Not after Obama is re-elected and puts ni one more lib justice! Face it -- they get their base out to vote, and in a state that's mostly rural, we let the Dems win EVERY TIME. Montana and TExas look good. HIll country.

Wiz-of-Awd
08-12-2012, 11:39 AM
It is not fair...

Life isn't fair.

A.W.D.

Loner
08-12-2012, 11:49 AM
For AR's, buy .22 uppers and throw them on the lower. Or buy an A2 lower with either a solar tac wrap or monsterman grip and run the upper with a muzzle brake. AK's, remove the pistol grip and any after market flash hiders.

Synergy
08-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Not after Obama is re-elected and puts ni one more lib justice! Face it -- they get their base out to vote, and in a state that's mostly rural, we let the Dems win EVERY TIME. Montana and TExas look good. HIll country.

If this does happen, no state will be safe.

Cali-Shooter
08-12-2012, 11:54 AM
California's definition of 'fair' is that a handful of 'representative' leaders (less than .005% of the population) decides to enact legislation based entirely on their own personal whims and idiotic beliefs and attempts to decide, by force of law, for the rest of the more than 37 million, six hundred ninety one thousand and nine hundred twelve people what they can and can't do and how to go about their lives despite what any of them may think and even vote for.

jonnyt16
08-12-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm not giving anything up, I'm not altering any of my rifles, and I'm sure as hell not going to bury anything either.

The day we have to bury our guns is the same day we should be digging them up!!

frankm
08-12-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm not giving anything up, I'm not altering any of my rifles, and I'm sure as hell not going to bury anything either.

The day we have to bury our guns is the same day we should be digging them up!!

The day you use your weapons would only be if civil war broke out and the military split along partisan lines. Other than that, you'll go down like Crocodile Dundee. Until then, feel free to hang out in shadows.

BigBronco
08-12-2012, 12:33 PM
So if this passes by signature of the Governor. Along with the legal response to block it Recall Moonbeam.

Rabid Squirrel
08-12-2012, 12:44 PM
So taking away a child's lunch program will allow us the gun rights we desire? Its not fair that our soldiers fight and die so we can enjoy the liberty of complaining about what's wrong with our government. Do you think their sacrificed lives care weather your child is white or not. The point is they fight so that we don't have to. We cash in everyday on their hard work. Is it fair that i pay higher car insurance rates because i live in an area where dbags crash their bmw's while texting, hell no. Subsidized loans helped my gf graduate from a top uc school. If we dont educate the poor uneducated how will they ever be able to become the wealthy educated. I work at several schools and trust me when i say that nice neighborhoods definitely receive a different quality of teacher and education. So rest assured your white child is getting the privileges of your hard work. Keep in mind fair is only relative to the individual.

Now all this being said sb249 is not initiated by the exempt poor. You think poor people dont like guns? Ive lived in neighbor hoods where guns are not only a right but a necessity. How is blaming a poor non-white child going to keep your gun rights? The media uses fear mongering to stir up a frenzy so your response is to turn on the people you feel dont contribute as much as you do. I guess i just don't understand the correlation. We could go back and forth all day im sure so again i will reiterate. Civil rights are for everyone not just you or me.

Rock6.3
08-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Go battle each other about class warfare someplace else.

Here we are united in the effort to defeat a piece of bad legislation titled SB249

Rabid Squirrel
08-12-2012, 12:56 PM

Here we are united in the effort to defeat a piece of bad legislation titled SB249

This is my point. We should be seeking support from fellow Americans not excluding them. Yesterday was gay marriage, today is 2A, tomorrow could be something worse. I will fight for your rights not matter how much your earn or pay in taxes and as such i would like to think you would do the same for me. If this isnt the case then whats point

jonnyt16
08-12-2012, 1:11 PM
The day you use your weapons would only be if civil war broke out and the military split along partisan lines. Other than that, you'll go down like Crocodile Dundee. Until then, feel free to hang out in shadows.
That's your opinion. Some of us here are not so willing to give in to confiscation.

Perhaps you should read your very own sig line!

donw
08-12-2012, 1:27 PM
It is not fair for me to pay much higher % in taxes just because I make more.

It is not fair to force me to subsidize other people's existence.

It is not fair to force me to 'help the poor'.

It wont be fair to force me to pay for others healthcare.

It is not fair that people work hard to buy a nice home in a nice area only to have low income housing forced into their neighborhood.

I pay way more into the system and receive zero out of it. I don't get better roads to drive on. I don't get to send my kids to a better public school. I don't get to cut to the front of the line at the post office or the DMV. I don't get first priority if I call 911. I don't get more freedom.

I don't qualify for any governmental assistance. My kids won't qualify for government educational grants because I make too much, they are white, and aren't illegal.

The proposed (Bay Area) 9 county per mile driven tax law (I know 'proposed' is the key word) specifically said the poor would be exempt.

The poor are often exempt from having to pay for school lunches. They are exempt from having to pay for housing. Food from the groceries store.... etc.

I don't even get equal representation.

I am sick and tired of being punished for working hard, having a good job and making good money. I am sick and tired of my freedom being trampled on. How is it perfectly acceptable for the liberals to take my guns and money away with one hand then turn around and give more to the people that don't deserve a darn thing?

They (liberals) keep creating these 'feel good' programs to 'help' people and all that ever happens is that people that don't actually need the 'help' fully exploit the system while the small hand full that could legitimately could use some help either can't get it or are too proud to even attempt to.

By all means the republicans aren't any better. But the republicans aren't after my guns and typical stand for a fiscally responsible government.

If SB249 or any other new gun restricting legislation is passed, I would very highly consider moving out of this state and taking my hard earned tax money to a state where my freedom is respected, not restricted.

^^^wow! this is "Right on!"

the taxation sytem is so convoluted and unfair it's unbelievable...and it will get worse if the current resident of the white house is not evicted in november...

the only thing he's done so far is to hire 800 new IRS agents! why? to subjugate us financially as well as take care of our health care...once that's accomplished...THEY GOT YOU BY THE SHORT HAIRS!

i know first hand what it's like to deal with the IRS...they're a viscous, uncaring, entity that has one mission: TO GET YOUR MONEY! and, will stop at nothing to get it!

i was told by the IRS "Since you own your home, we will not deal with you"...a lein was placed on my property that told me that: "A lein is placed on ALL of your property and any you may accrue in the future"...(i was dealing with nthem through a tax attorney, too.)

the amount i owed was NOT much; it was much less than the value of our home BY FAR! i would not be able to purchase a very low cost, new, bottom of the line model, automobile for what i owed. they also wanted to know, in the process of filling out forms, if i owned firearms...

i also know for a fact, you cannot get assistance, under social security, if you make more than $800.00 per month!

from first hand experience, from what i've experienced, "Assistance" and "fair" is nothing more than words when it comes to honest, hard working, american taxpayers.

erik_26
08-12-2012, 1:56 PM
Life isn't fair.

A.W.D.

Agreed, some people get cancer (without unhealthy life styles) and some don't.

Some win the lottery, some don't.

Stuff like that are all variables I am willing to except.

Taking more from me percentage wise (not dollar wise) is not a variable. It can be controlled and tailored to be FAIR.

If you want to help the poor or rich or black or white or whatever, it is a free country and I am not stopping you from writing a check, donating your possessions or volunteering your time. Good for you for being a compassionate person and helping others because you choose too. Not because you have too.

Once the government takes the money from my paycheck, I have zero control over how it is spent and who benefits from it. I have zero control over the debt they accrue, yet I am responsible for it. That is not FAIR. and shouldn't included in your generalization that "life is not fair."

When I choose to donate to charity or help, I am in direct control and I choose what organization to support.

Yes, I vote. But, the poor people who are receiving the hand outs do too. And they are going to vote for the people that will continue to give them hand outs.

Would you vote for a someone that would hold you accountable and take away your government assistance?

SB249 is a prime example of all the flaws in this state all under one bill. This bill has made it too far to say that it is only a couple gun grabbing politicians.

donw
08-12-2012, 1:58 PM
yrs after leaving CA they still reach out to grab your money, they went so far as to suspend my driving privileges it cost 600 to restore so I could renew DL.
They also tried to make me pay taxes because my CA guard cards were current, even though I was no longer residing there. It took a 4 hour wait at the tax assessors office , then I got this guy fresh off the boat from mainland China who told me "I had to prove" I was not working in California or pay 15 grand . ( he also couldn't pronounce Nevada, I told him there is no place called "wanada"
I started screaming about "innocent until proven guilty" and asking him real loud if he really thinks that I have to prove my innocence - I caused such a scene and screamed so much they called a supervisor who told him to delete everything and told me to go home and not worry about it .

about 5 years after i was released from active duty, i got a demand from the california tax franchise board want to know why i hadn't filed for income tax purposes for the year of 19xx...i had to produce copies of my orders showing where i was at the time due to US Army obligations.

talk about abusive government...:(

erik_26
08-12-2012, 2:09 PM
Civil rights are for everyone not just you or me.

Oh really....?

Then why can't my children vote? Are they not citizens?

Why can't children have freedom to religion?

Why can't my kids buy guns?

Why can they not refuse unlawful search and seizure of their property?

They are citizens after all. They were born here. Their grandpa was in the military, their uncles were in the military, their great grandfather served in the Military for 25 years. Our whole family tree goes back to the beginning of this country.

Ryan in SD
08-12-2012, 2:21 PM
I know this is a serious thread but that had me laughing so hard I got tears in my eyes...

LOL. :D

supersonic
08-12-2012, 5:51 PM

EXACTLY>:thumbsup:

Felix168
08-12-2012, 6:19 PM

How exactly can we go vote against it? It's all done within the legislative branch and then sign or veto by the Governor.

rifle man
08-12-2012, 7:37 PM
This may be the spark that ignits the revolution. This will be bloody, like nothing that has come before. Time to put away the keyboard.

erik_26
08-12-2012, 7:57 PM
This may be the spark that ignits the revolution. This will be bloody, like nothing that has come before. Time to put away the keyboard.

Very highly unlikely.

The majority of Californian's probably have know idea this fight is even happening.

It is pretty much Calgunner's and Brady's that are watching this race. Pass or not, I doubt the sheep would notice the newly built fence.

To be honest, I wonder if 50% of the population could tell you who the Governor is, let alone Yee, Boxer, Feinstein, De Leon..... etc.

Believe me, I would love a revolution (NON-VIOLENT). I would like for people to wake up and fire their current representatives. I would like for everyone to take a stand and said NO, to new taxes, NO to gun control, NO to overspending, NO to special interest, NO on illegal immigration.... ETC. I would be thrilled if the people would take their government back.

frankm
08-12-2012, 9:38 PM
That's your opinion. Some of us here are not so willing to give in to confiscation.

Perhaps you should read your very own sig line!

I didn't say give into confiscation.

blazeaglory
08-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Very highly unlikely.

The majority of Californian's probably have know idea this fight is even happening.

It is pretty much Calgunner's and Brady's that are watching this race. Pass or not, I doubt the sheep would notice the newly built fence.

To be honest, I wonder if 50% of the population could tell you who the Governor is, let alone Yee, Boxer, Feinstein, De Leon..... etc.

Believe me, I would love a revolution (NON-VIOLENT). I would like for people to wake up and fire their current representatives. I would like for everyone to take a stand and said NO, to new taxes, NO to gun control, NO to overspending, NO to special interest, NO on illegal immigration.... ETC. I would be thrilled if the people would take their government back.

Exactly. Even with gun owners. How many of us (or them) will even know they have become felons if this passes? Not every gun owner subscribes to calguns. But I do agree with everything you have said. Today I learned what apathy means. Its a sad sad thing. Mixed with ignorance its downright scary.

kjq
08-13-2012, 6:02 PM
Many claim that a public offical can not be sued. A civil suit was filed against Eric Holder today, according to FoxNews. Our representative organizations should begin civil suits against these loose cannon liberal anti-gunners. We are spending our money putting out wild fires, with very little results. We should attack our enemies where it counts.