PDA

View Full Version : SP89 MP5k clone - pistol grip question.

jink122
08-08-2012, 5:42 PM
I am going to pick up a sp89 clone soon as a single shot pistol. I however own this airsoft gun

http://www.airsoftgi.com/images/airsoft_GLXY_MK5_PDW_B.jpg

And I think the parts can be used with the clone, IE the fore grip and the folding stock.

I would never assemble the sp89 clone into an SBR with the parts but how does constructive possession work out with me owning the airsoft gun? Do i need to get rid of the airsoft before I take possession of the sp89 clone?

Keepin it legal,
-Jink122

Quiet
08-08-2012, 5:56 PM
Depends on the manufacturer of the "SP89" clone and the manufacturer of the airsoft.

Airsoft parts will work on the .22LR MP5 style firearms made by GSG and H&K/Umarex, because those .22LR are designed/adapted from airsoft that are made by GSG and Umarex.

Airsoft parts will not work on non-.22LR MP5 style firearms because the specifications on airsoft are close but not exact to the real parts/firearms.
However, some of the higher end airsoft (full metal ones that cost in the $600+ range) have parts that will fit non-.22LR MP5 style firearms, but they will not be able to withstand the abuse of the centerfire ammo being fired (will cause parts breakage).

jink122
08-08-2012, 6:30 PM
so as far as constructive possession. Does it apply to this? I would rather not risk it and can easily let go of my airsoft gun.

Quiet
08-08-2012, 8:43 PM
so as far as constructive possession. Does it apply to this? I would rather not risk it and can easily let go of my airsoft gun.

IMO...
If it's a .22LR MP5, get rid of the airsoft.
IF it's a non-.22LR MP5, no need to get rid of the airsoft.