PDA

View Full Version : Vote Yee and his like out of office

1987foxl90
08-08-2012, 3:37 PM
We need to vote these fools out of office! There are millions of gun owners in this state lets start organizing and vote these anti gun Senators and assemblymen out starting with Leland Yee! Then we can start getting rid of these idiotic laws like the 10 day waiting period .

mymonkeyman
08-08-2012, 3:40 PM
You aren't going to vote Yee out without convincing pretty liberal democrats to vote against their normal interests. You have to sell to them.

I think the best way to repeatedly advertise this line:
"Leeland Yee wants to take hundreds of millions of dollars away from education and other critical services of California and give it to California's gun owners to pay for replacement guns."

RMP91
08-08-2012, 3:40 PM
IIRC, Yee is going to be termed out in 29 months (Almost 2 1/2 years from now). I don't think we'll have to vote him out, term limits are a double-edged sword imo :43:

Johnnyfres
08-08-2012, 3:44 PM
So this is Yee's final blow on gun control before he is gone?

I see what he is doing there.

tpc13
08-08-2012, 3:49 PM
I'm not in his district, but if u think like a politician then we can get him out next election.

tpc13
08-08-2012, 3:50 PM
Oh and 1 voice in this forum is like 1000 voices out there..

RazzB7
08-08-2012, 3:58 PM
IIRC, Yee is going to be termed out in 29 months (Almost 2 1/2 years from now). I don't think we'll have to vote him out, term limits are a double-edged sword imo :43:

Didn't term limits just get extended to 12 years total service in the last election?

SilverTauron
08-08-2012, 4:03 PM
Considering that we can't even get 10,000 signatures on this website to oppose SB249, Yee's response to us would doubtlessly be "you and what electorate?"

In anti-gun states, gun owners represent so small of a fraction of the voting base its almost a statistical error. There's no way to correct that situation overnight.

1987foxl90
08-08-2012, 4:10 PM
If we cant get 10,000 signatures we are doing something wrong or not working hard enough. I send e-mails to everyone I know re anti gun bills. I know of several anti gun people that I took to the range with me and suddenly were not anti gun anymore! We cant give up because the anti gunners keep plugging away.

Capybara
08-08-2012, 4:17 PM
So who will be the next Governor of this state with the Titanic-like trajectory, Yee or Antonio Villaretardo? Since California is Bizarro World, the worse the politician, the higher they will rise in State government.

dustoff31
08-08-2012, 5:35 PM
Considering that we can't even get 10,000 signatures on this website to oppose SB249, Yee's response to us would doubtlessly be "you and what electorate?"

In anti-gun states, gun owners represent so small of a fraction of the voting base its almost a statistical error. There's no way to correct that situation overnight.

This is particulary true in districts such as Yee's. Then there is the problem of gun owners who knowingly vote for anti-gun politicians due to their stance on other issues.

Bruceisontarget
08-08-2012, 5:49 PM
This is particulary true in districts such as Yee's. Then there is the problem of gun owners who knowingly vote for anti-gun politicians due to their stance on other issues.

Hit nail on the head. I've heard too many gun owners say "They can't enforce it" or " Doesn't effect me, I have a duck gun" or "I'm leaving the state anyways"... too much apathy.

I live in Yee's district and maybe 10% of my neighbors would agree with me on gun rights. Yee's position is secure here.