PDA

View Full Version : Donations ???

Mike357
08-08-2012, 3:30 PM
Hey all, I know its important to donate to as often as one can to help protect our 2nd amendment rights, but to whom should I donate my hard earned money to??? I have grown tired of the NRA constantly asking for donations. I would like opinions on where my money would be best donated to. My thoughts are to donate to a foundation that will help protect my rights in my state, instead of sending my money to a giant political machine.

RazzB7
08-08-2012, 3:35 PM
CalGuns Foundation are at the "tip of the spear" for 2nd Amendment rights in CA. But I would still donate to NRA also.

DrDavid
08-08-2012, 4:33 PM
Donate to CalGuns Foundation (https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=calgunsfnd&id=4), NRA (https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/donate.asp), SAF (http://www.saf.org/default.asp?p=safdonation), and if you shop at Amazon, use shop42a.com to shop there (http://shop42a.com)!

(In case it wasn't obvious, each of the links takes you to the appropriate donate pages :) )

If you are REALLY motivated, you can always donate to the hard working volunteers and buy them some coffee and/or lunch, get them some awesome computer computer hardware (in the form of Amazon/Newegg gift certs), or pay their mortgage this month.. Whatever.. :D :cheers2:

stevied
08-08-2012, 6:09 PM
Calguns foundation

Make all purchases at amazon through shop42a.com

adampolo13
08-08-2012, 6:16 PM
Please donate to Calguns foundation!

SinglePoint
08-08-2012, 6:59 PM
I am not an expert, but after much reading and some consideration of everything I read, I chose to donate to and support CGF and SAF to win and safeguard my civil (2A) rights.

zombiescanlearn
08-08-2012, 8:25 PM
I keep shopping at Amazon.

safaridave
08-08-2012, 9:38 PM
I donated to CGF toady to the tune of $100. Thats quite a bit for me but I need to make a stand sometime...

hornswaggled
08-08-2012, 9:52 PM
Calguns Foundation gets everything for me. The NRA will do juuuust fine without.

DeanW66
08-10-2012, 2:40 AM
Hey all, I know its important to donate to as often as one can to help protect our 2nd amendment rights, but to whom should I donate my hard earned money to??? I have grown tired of the NRA constantly asking for donations. I would like opinions on where my money would be best donated to. My thoughts are to donate to a foundation that will help protect my rights in my state, instead of sending my money to a giant political machine.

I recall at least one other thread which talked about how to reduce/stop the amount of junk mail from the NRA. Here is another one (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=34381).

pennys dad
08-10-2012, 6:40 AM
Your 2 Cal lobbyist are from the NRA and CRPA and you Communicate here on CGN so how about these 3

taperxz
08-10-2012, 6:48 AM
Best bang for the buck for gun rights, NRA, SAF, And CGF.

If you want to be in an active shooting type club, CRPA has many weekend party's/picnics and have some good people to shoot with. They don't do much in the way of lobbying or litigation, however they have a great lobbyist at their disposal.

taperxz
08-10-2012, 6:52 AM
Your 2 Cal lobbyist are from the NRA and CRPA and you Communicate here on CGN so how about these 3

Don't you mean NRA ILA, CRPA foundation, CGN? Unless I'm mistaken didn't the owner of CGN encourage members to donate to CGF first? Maybe I'm mistaken.

pennys dad
08-10-2012, 7:38 AM
If you want to be in an active shooting type club, CRPA has many weekend party's/picnics and have some good people to shoot with. They don't do much in the way of lobbying or litigation, however they have a great lobbyist at their disposal.

They dont do much except have a Progun Lobbyist in Sac that works hand in hand with the NRA Lobbyist.

Folks choose who you want to donate to, I donate to NRA, CRPA and CALGUNS.net.
If you want to donate to something different, that is cool, just donate. It all goes to the same cause.
We need more then anything right now is a donation of time and money always helps.
We need you to make calls, send emails and faxes, facebook post, tweets on twitter, if you live close to a senator or assembly person office go visit them.
Spread the word that SB249 and the attack on our Civil Rights are not acceptable.
Remind them that when they go on their rampages of 2a rights destruction, they are impacting you a regular, every day citizen that enjoy exercising your 2a rights in a responsible, community conscious manner.

There will be others who want to preach the virtues of one over the other, that is there right as well, 1st amendment right; but it is still your decision to make.

taperxz, if you dont like my choices, so freaking what, when you stand in a position to dictate to me how to spend the funds I earn, then the 2nd amendment and 1st amendment will be dead, so until we reach that point suck it up.

taperxz
08-10-2012, 7:44 AM
They dont do much except have a Progun Lobbyist in Sac that works hand in hand with the NRA Lobbyist.

There will be others who want to preach the virtues of one over the other, that is there right as well, 1st amendment right; but it is still your decision to make.

taperxz, if you dont like my choices, so freaking what, when you stand in a position to dictate to me how to spend the funds I earn, then the 2nd amendment and 1st amendment will be dead, so until we reach that point suck it up.

I'm sorry I was just asking a question:). I don't understand the hostility?. I was not making a personal statement towards you at all. Just clarifying my understandings. Like I said, "unless I'm mistaken"

taperxz
08-10-2012, 7:49 AM
Penny's dad, FWIW. My understandings and information came from right here on the communication hub "CGN"

Perhaps I should read more into it to get a better understanding. My apologizes