PDA

View Full Version : You'r a gun owner, are you sure?

CBruce
08-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Got this gem of a reply from someone in the comments section of SB 249, CA Sen. Leland Yee's Gun Control Bill, Seeks To Slow Bullet Reloading, Infuriates Gun Activists (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/07/sb-249-ca-sen-leland-yee-gun-control-bill_n_1752190.html)

Target shooting I also enjoy, I consider it good practice to keep proficient with my rifle so that when I do choose too hunt game I'm able to make a humane kill. Why do you shoot targets, what are you planning on killing? The Aurora shooter 100round clip miss feds so that makes such a weapon okay? The Glock comes standard with 2 quick change 10 round clips. If it takes 20 rounds to hit a target you should quit, you're even dangerous to yourself. AR-15 stands for Assault Rifle 15> I guess the military is responsible for demonizing such a weapon...I never said anything states stripping away anyone's rights but they can petition for a convention to amend those rights. Prohibition and the 18th amendment are no longer in effect.

:mad:

9mmepiphany
08-08-2012, 11:01 AM
You can respond that AR doesn't stand for Assult rifle or even Automatic Rifle...stands for Armalite Rifle, named after the company that designed it

CBruce
08-08-2012, 11:12 AM
I did. I just can't believe that a gun owner would so consistently misuse clip, not know or even bother to look up that a Glock 19 has a 17 round magazine standard, misidentify an AR-15 as an assault rifle, or not know that the AR is for Armalite. Granted, these are mostly irrelevant details not necessary to have a debate about gun-control...but why represent yourself as a gun owner who supports this type of 'reasonable' legislation for any reason other than trying to paint any

And then to claim that target-shooting equates to 'training for killing something' and question what I'm training to kill?

Yeah, highly dubious.

Sam
08-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Some gun owners are too ignorant to think their precious bolt action hunting guns will never be the target of an unconstitutional gun grab. They underestimate their politicians.

Xtracrispy
08-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Some of the people's comments in that link are so full of ignorance and arrogance it makes me sick to my stomach.

I suck at quotes but here is a little conversation I saw.

A: "All this talk about restricting my rights makes me want to exercise them more. I'm gonna go out and look at getting another AR-15 tomorrow. You never know when one of them may come in handy."

B: "I hope you blow your foolish head off with it."

A: "Hope....the fact that you hope for terrible things to happen to people who disagree with you says quite a bit about you. I don't like you one bit, but I would never hope for any harm to come to you."

C: "They don't come any sicker than you."

Yugo
08-08-2012, 11:18 AM
LOL the other day I had a afgan war vet tell me the 2a is outdated and should be rewritten and people should only be able to own 2-3 fire arms rifle-shotgun-pistol, then after I told him that the 2a is in place for defense against tyranny he said yes you are right but there is not enough people vs. LEO's so that would never work. :facepalm: then he fallows up by, dont get me wrong im the first when it comes to blowing sh*t up, I love guns.......can't fix stupid!

BucDan
08-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Man, I feel like slapping the guy Bruce quoted. Man oh man.

AfghanVetOrcutt
08-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Some of the people's comments in that link are so full of ignorance and arrogance it makes me sick to my stomach.

I suck at quotes but here is a little conversation I saw.

A: "All this talk about restricting my rights makes me want to exercise them more. I'm gonna go out and look at getting another AR-15 tomorrow. You never know when one of them may come in handy."

B: "I hope you blow your foolish head off with it."

A: "Hope....the fact that you hope for terrible things to happen to people who disagree with you says quite a bit about you. I don't like you one bit, but I would never hope for any harm to come to you."

C: "They don't come any sicker than you."

I'm going to assume person C was responding to person A. Pot meet Kettle. The fact that they want us to die just because we have firearms is preposterous! This is why I want to do exactly what person A said. I'm going on my own personal gun grabbing spree.

A-J
08-08-2012, 1:00 PM
"No one will convince me it's anything other than a joke to say that having multiple clips and semi-automatic weapons that can shoot 100 or more bullets at a time is necessary in this state or in this country. It's ridiculous," Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg, who is a co-author, told the Sacramento Bee

Man, I need to get me one of those billy bad-***** guns. I assume he means a "punt gun" since none of my semi-autos shoot more than 1 round at a time.

Rangem4
08-08-2012, 1:13 PM
Never could, never will.

Xtracrispy
08-08-2012, 1:30 PM
I'm going to assume person C was responding to person A. Pot meet Kettle. The fact that they want us to die just because we have firearms is preposterous! This is why I want to do exactly what person A said. I'm going on my own personal gun grabbing spree.

I read it as C responding to A as well.

Hard to believe these people would want someone else dead, just because they are legal responsible gun owners.:mad:

AfghanVetOrcutt
08-08-2012, 1:44 PM
I read it as C responding to A as well.

Hard to believe these people would want someone else dead, just because they are legal responsible gun owners.:mad:

If they want me dead they're welcome to come and try but since I'll be the only one with a firearm in the fight I'll win quite easily. Extremists are such idiots, do they even think before they speak?

scidx
08-08-2012, 4:32 PM
a Glock 19 has a 17 round magazine standard,

Glock 19's ship with 15rd magazines, standard when states allow. All 9mm Glocks come with 10rd magazines as standard when states do not allow. The Glock in question (I believe the Aurora shootings) was a .40 S&W which ships with 13rd or 10rd magazines.

Maybe the guy forgot to proof-read his post. It happens. Maybe, what he meant to say is: "I love my right to own a firearm, and fully support my fellow Americans in their Rightful ownership of said firearms. God Bless America and God Bless the .45 Colt."

CSACANNONEER
08-08-2012, 4:40 PM
LMAO. The bill is "to slow bullet reloading". Are they going after progressiive presses or just automated ones? Seriously, people should use proper terminolgy if they want to be taken seriously.

stillnotbob
08-08-2012, 4:47 PM
Got this gem of a reply from someone in the comments section of SB 249, CA Sen. Leland Yee's Gun Control Bill, Seeks To Slow Bullet Reloading, Infuriates Gun Activists (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/07/sb-249-ca-sen-leland-yee-gun-control-bill_n_1752190.html)

:mad:

I like this part from above; "The Glock comes standard with 2 quick change 10 round clips. If it takes 20 rounds to hit a target you should quit, you're even dangerous to yourself."

Then why do the police get 15+ round magazines? They are considered trained my the general non-gun owning masses. So if they "need" more than 10 round mags wouldn't that make them dangerous too? :rolleyes:

Not LEO bashing here.... just trying to figure out the logic behind the argument/comment.

Not to mention the fact that handguns in California are required to have 10 round mags, but that is not the case in most of the U.S. In other states handguns come with their STANDARD round magazine as they were designed. In California we get REDUCED capacity magazines. Just because a pistol or rifle is designed with it's standard magazine capacity holding more than 10 rounds does not mean it is a HIGH capacity magazine.

Here is a hypothetical situation where you would want more than two 10 round magazines.... assuming you could conceal carrying in this state. You are pinned down.... with your family or alone while a gunman is shooting up the place you are at (for whatever reason). You have good cover, but you cannot move without risking being hit. You know that the police are own their way as you can hear sirens in the far distance. The only reason the gunman has not come after you is because each time they try to move you send a bullet his way, but since he has cover also you do not have a clear shot. The active shooter is pinned down so to speak. Since you do not know how long you will need to keep this up it would be to your benefit to have more ammo than less. Okay, it sounds like a scene from a movie. Yes, this probably would never happen to anyone, and the situation is highly unlikely, but it is a plausible situation in some form. So the more rounds you have the better off you would be. So having the standard capacity magazines that came as designed by the manufacture would be welcomed. In this case it does not matter if you are a master shooter with your firearm. So the whole argument above that if you cannot hit your target in 20 rounds you are dangerous does not work.

Sorry for the take over rant.... too much coffee today.:o

DannyInSoCal
08-08-2012, 5:02 PM
I'm beginning to despise Lee as much as another politician......

chillincody
08-08-2012, 5:13 PM
I love how the antis always leave comments that show how un stable they are

Sunday
08-08-2012, 5:31 PM
Since the media caters to the ignorant. Anything reported is thought of as fact.

Sunday
08-08-2012, 5:37 PM
LOL the other day I had a afgan war vet tell me the 2a is outdated and should be rewritten and people should only be able to own 2-3 fire arms rifle-shotgun-pistol, then after I told him that the 2a is in place for defense against tyranny he said yes you are right but there is not enough people vs. LEO's so that would never work. :facepalm: then he fallows up by, dont get me wrong im the first when it comes to blowing sh*t up, I love guns.......can't fix stupid!
what is scary is that guy oathed to uphold the constitution unless it has changed to protect the government . There are many more like him. I have a friend that is a captain in the Army and he says most of the people in the military are not the brightest . "the military has two kinds of people the smartest, who are the ones that think and make something out of their experience and the dumbest who do what is said with out thought and have no clue about life" just like the cops that ruin it for all the honorable cops.

Ripon83
08-08-2012, 5:41 PM
Was the second amendment prepared by our founding fathers to defend hunting? Or was it for people to defend themselves from government?

njineermike
08-08-2012, 5:45 PM
I feel stupider just being exposed to that nonsense.

sparrow
08-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Some gun owners are too ignorant to think their precious bolt action hunting guns will never be the target of an unconstitutional gun grab. They underestimate their politicians.

Yep the Aussieís can attest to that. I remember seeing pictures of the mandatory gun turn inís, the piles were 10í high and mostly bolt and pump guns heading to the smelter.

CBruce
08-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Glock 19's ship with 15rd magazines, standard when states allow. All 9mm Glocks come with 10rd magazines as standard when states do not allow. The Glock in question (I believe the Aurora shootings) was a .40 S&W which ships with 13rd or 10rd magazines.

Maybe the guy forgot to proof-read his post. It happens. Maybe, what he meant to say is: "I love my right to own a firearm, and fully support my fellow Americans in their Rightful ownership of said firearms. God Bless America and God Bless the .45 Colt."

FYI, it was in reference to the handgun used in WI. I'd heard it was a 9mm and at the time it was reported as being a Glock, which I assumed meant a Glock 19 (http://www.glock.com/english/glock19_tech.htm).

I could be wrong about that. I might be off on the model or the capacity, point being I'm not the one supporting making it illegal without knowing the exact specifications of what it is they want to make illegal.