PDA

View Full Version : Indoor range etiquette pet peeves

TYCONTEST
08-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Is it wrong for me to get upset when I go to the range and some guy has his empty rifle case on the loading bench/counter and takes up a lot of room. I think the space that is directly behind your lane is where you put your gear. Put your rifle case under the bench/counter. I do.

Also, standing infront of my gear on the bench/counter so everytime I load up or get a target I have to say "excuse me" just get to my own stuff.

Just saying.

drifter2be
08-08-2012, 12:16 AM
I see your location is Oceanside, guessing you were at Iron Sights. I stopped going there because of all the idiots. Was swept twice with a loaded gun there. After politely telling him I didn't enjoy having a loaded gun pointed at me the first time I got angry and told him the next time he pointed his loaded gun in my direction I would be pointing one back...that got it through his skull to be mindful of where he was pointing his loaded weapon. Too many gun noobs, etc, and no range safety officer in the lanes anytime I have shot there, plus very minimal space to put your gear, especially when someone feels the need to bring the entire contents of their safe with them.

HKDoc
08-08-2012, 9:29 AM
How about the cheap laser painting my target from the next lane. Seriously I can see it going from one wall to another!

SNCaliber
08-08-2012, 9:41 AM
if that was me, I would at least politely ask him to move his case

deviljon
08-08-2012, 9:54 AM
I've been looking for a place to vent. :D

There's a guy that I've seen from time to time at an indoor range nearby. Dude comes in fully decked out in tacticool mall ninja gear. Slings, gloves, all sorts of SHTF ready equipment.

At this particular indoor range, centerfire ammunition is prohibited. But that doesn't stop this last action hero from shooting .223 at his paper foes from a whopping 15 yards (max distance in this little place).

Pretty sure he's a member on CGN too..

5.0Driver
08-08-2012, 10:18 AM
I got 3. In no particular order.

1. Screamers. Last time I went to the range someone in the lane next to me had a pretty sweet looking AR-15. Everytime he shot it his buddy would scream out. Stuff like "WOOOO" and "OH YEAH!" and "HA HAAAAA". Come on man.

2. Too many people sharing one lane when there are plenty of lane available. 3-4 people sharing a lane is okay. But when you have 6-7 people sharing and there is plenty of lanes available as it is. Come on, all those people and they can't pitch in to get a second lane?

3. Range safety officer too talkative. It's okay to talk but when it takes up 15 minutes of you range time, come on man.

bigdawg86
08-08-2012, 10:49 AM
I got annoyed by the range I went to when I asked if there was a policy about picking up my brass since I reload... His reply was simply "picking up range brass is pretty tacky but I guess it's ok". REALLY?

TYCONTEST
08-08-2012, 12:19 PM
if that was me, I would at least politely ask him to move his case

He wasn't in my space. He was three lanes down but blocked this father and son. They were renting and had to keep their tray of stuff on the floor in the booth. When it happens to me I ask "can you make space for me" and it isn't a problem.

MigNoche
08-08-2012, 12:24 PM
I live in the Desert and have never shot at a shooting range in my life. From what I am hearing I dont think I want to visit a range anytime soon. I love being out in the open desert far from others!

JackRydden224
08-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Guys with dates are usually pretty bad. They tend to show off by rapid firing and double tapping where it is not allowed. When the range officer reprimend them their answer is always "oh I didn't know". They also point their muzzle everywhere since they put the girl first and safety second.

Zartan
08-08-2012, 1:21 PM
Guys with dates are usually pretty bad.

Especially when the girl is trying to be a badass with her mini skirt, stilettos, and shes teacup gripping the gun and practically doing the limbo leaning back so far. So annoying Prefer girls in jeans sneakers and a tank top.

kengotit
08-08-2012, 1:57 PM
one hander?

last time i was at the range i was with a new shooter (female) she was a little scared and the guy next to us was shooting his pistol and decided to start shooting one handed IDIOT move, he shot one of the target hanger, the bullet could of ricochet and hit anyone, bad experience for her,

call-in
08-08-2012, 2:00 PM
Especially when the girl is trying to be a badass with her mini skirt, stilettos, and shes teacup gripping the gun and practically doing the limbo leaning back so far. So annoying Prefer girls in jeans sneakers and a tank top.

What was she thinking?!? She should be doing quite the opposite with her torso so far forward she's practically bent over!!! :D

robertstone9
08-08-2012, 2:08 PM
how about when someone sweeps all your brass forward pisses me off
i always ask other shooters first if they are keeping there brass

BANG BANG
08-08-2012, 2:29 PM
I hate when people unload their guns behind you instead of at the line

I usually yell WTF at them !!