PDA

View Full Version : A bit of a scare today ...

TakeTheShot
08-07-2012, 10:06 PM
I come home and the deadbolt is not locked.
Alarm is off.
And the big one ...

AR15, AR Pistol, .223 rifle, 22LR pistol, and my two bedside guns (Glock & Beretta) are just sitting in the bedroom, out in the open!

I don't have any kids, so no worrying about that.

Roommate thought I was still in the house and just left, assuming I would lock up before I left. Good thing I live in a nice neighborhood and in a nice city. Biggest crime is shoplifting.

90% was my fault, everything should have been locked up before leaving the house this morning. Everything is locked away as I type. Dumb Dumb DUMB!!!

Merc1138
08-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Umm. I hate to break it to you, but people who break into homes to steal stuff don't do it in the crappy areas. They break into the places that might have good stuff.

Bill Carson
08-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Your roommate is to blame too. You need to square away your coms with your roomie.

TakeTheShot
08-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Umm. I hate to break it to you, but people who break into homes to steal stuff don't do it in the crappy areas. They break into the places that might have good stuff.

You're right about that! During the summertime, when school's out, the East Bay invades the Peninsula with a bunch of hoods. Mostly vandalism. I'm in SF during the day and I'm always told it's seasonal when crime goes up.

Your roommate is to blame too. You need to square away your coms with your roomie.

Agreed. I'm going to have to kick her *** (not literally, just a discussion) for that dumb**** stunt. Then I'll let her kick me in the balls for letting me leave my guns out. That will remind me for being a jackass.

Merc1138
08-07-2012, 10:28 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't even tell her the guns were left out. It would be more along the lines of:

"OMG, you left the place wide open, someone could have just walked in and taken <start pointing at her crap> and left!"

Then maybe a "what if I left my guns out?!"

TakeTheShot
08-07-2012, 10:53 PM
hahaha! Nice one! :thumbsup:

Ron-Solo
08-07-2012, 10:58 PM

Yup.....