PDA

View Full Version : **URGENT** Sen. Yee amends SB 249 into a massive, unconstitutional gun ban!

masayako
08-07-2012, 11:00 PM
For Immediate Release: August 7, 2012

SENATOR YEE AMENDS SB 249 INTO A MASSIVE, UNCONSTITUTIONAL GUN BAN

CALIFORNIA ATTORNEY GENERAL KAMALA HARRIS ENDORSES SB 249 REQUIREMENT TO USE DETACHABLE MAGAZINE FIREARMS

Reference: SB 249 Fact Sheet at http://stopsb249.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/sb249_fact_sheet1.pdf

SAN CARLOS, CA, AND MADERA, CA – In an egregious and deliberate move to ban hundreds of thousands of legal firearms and harm law-abiding California gun owners, California Senator Leland Yee (D-San Francisco) has amended his bill SB 249 to make possession of all Bullet Button, or “maglocked”, firearms a criminal act as of July 1, 2013. Sen. Yee’s chief-of-staff, Adam Keigwin, has said that California should ban all guns, even bolt-action hunting rifles.

Joining Senator Yee in his effort to take away hundreds of millions of dollars of currently-legal guns are co-authors Senate President pro Tem Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento), Senator Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles), Senator Loni Hancock (D-Berkeley), Senator Ted Lieu (D-Torrence), Assemblyman Anthony Portantino (D-La Cañada Flintridge), and Assemblyman Mike Feuer (D-Los Angeles).

Explaining his support for the gun ban, Senator Steinberg told the Sacramento Bee that “no one will convince me it's anything other than a joke to say that having multiple clips and semi-automatic weapons that can shoot 100 or more bullets at a time is necessary in this state or in this country. It’s ridiculous."

Also on record as supporting SB 249, the Los Angeles Times reports Attorney General Kamala Harris as saying, “I applaud the Legislature's interest in addressing this problem and support efforts to pass legislation needed to" [ban Bullet Button firearms].

SB 249, if it were to become law, would categorically ban all “maglocked” semi-automatic firearms that are in common use, such as those which use the Bullet Button device. SB 249 does not provide for any grandfathering of existing firearms nor does it have a method of compensating gun owners for the firearms the proposed law would require to be destroyed or removed from California. The net effect would be what is perhaps the single largest unconstitutional government taking in California history.

More, SB 249 would subject gun owners to criminal liability as of July 1, 2013, for the mere possession of firearms that Senator Yee and Attorney General Harris have both said are legal under current law. Ex post facto laws, such as SB 249 would create if passed, are expressly unconstitutional.

Interestingly, however, SB 249 would create a de facto requirement that gun owners , hunters, and competitors in California use only “featureless” firearms, such as AR and AK-style guns employing compliance parts like the Solar Tactical KYDEX Grip Wraps, MonsterMan Grips, or Exile Machine’s Hammerhead Grip, which not only allow for the lawful use of factory magazine releases but large-capacity magazines as well. California does not ban the possession of large-capacity magazines. Wes Morris, owner of Ten Percent Firearms, demonstrates this is an excellent YouTube video you can view at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhC8LpHPbRQ.

Senator Yee’s bill is currently before the Assembly Appropriations Committee and is expected to be heard on August 15, though it could be heard as soon as August 8. The bill must pass both the Assembly and the Senate by August 31.

The Calguns Foundation and Cal-FFL, through their pathbreaking grassroots initiative platform StopSB249.org, have created many free, easy-to-use tools for you to help combat this massive gun ban. Please forward this message to your friends, family, favorite gun dealers and manufacturers, and your social networks, like Facebook and Twitter. Working together, we can Stop SB 249 - but we need you to TAKE ACTION NOW!

The SB 249 Fact Sheet is available for download at http://stopsb249.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/sb249_fact_sheet1.pdf.

Donate to The Calguns Foundation and help Stop SB 249.

Stop SB 249's Take Action page with many free tools to fight SB 249 can be found at http://stopsb249.org/take-action.

Website banners with html code are avalable at http://stopsb249.org/get-banners-for-your-website.

---

The Calguns Foundation (www.calgunsfoundation.org) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization which serves its members by providing Second Amendment-related education, strategic litigation, and the defense of innocent California gun owners from improper or malicious prosecution. The Calguns Foundation seeks to inform government and protect the rights of individuals to acquire, own, and lawfully use firearms in California.

California Association of Federal Firearms Licensees (www.calffl.org) is California's premier non-profit industry association of, by, and for firearms manufacturers, dealers, collectors, training professionals, shooting ranges, and others, advancing the interests of its members and the general public through strategic litigation, legislative efforts, and education. For more information or to join Cal-FFL, please visit calffl.org.

MrPlink
08-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Pretty sure all calgunners got this, but here is a bump before the lock!

masayako
08-08-2012, 1:26 AM
It is not my concern to get a thread lock or not. My main goal is to help spreading the words as much as possible. Not everyone is a member or check email on a daily basis but some may check this forum from time to time.

I will not waste more time on a side topic. Main focus is how t stop SB249. Regroup.

Dhena81
08-08-2012, 1:31 AM
The latest rendition of this bill is unbelievable

glock7
08-08-2012, 6:17 AM
They are determined to get this through.....lets keep fighting the good fight. I'll have to show this to an acquaintance of mine who is a hunter. He once told me that AR's should be banned and no one should have one. I explained to him that if they ban my beloved AR, they'll ban your bolt gun. He says no way that will happen.....riiiiiiiiight.

diego-ted
08-08-2012, 6:38 AM
I can not understand how we are not more up in arms about this! We can not be so complacent! We have to respond with a vengence like our forefathers did!

Diego

SA227driver
08-08-2012, 7:11 AM
It is not my concern to get a thread lock or not. My main goal is to help spreading the words as much as possible. Not everyone is a member or check email on a daily basis but some may check this forum from time to time.

I will not waste more time on a side topic. Main focus is how t stop SB249. Regroup.

:dupe:

Already being discussed in 2A and Politics forum and I'm sure almost every Calgunner stops there at least once when they're online.

4DMASTR
08-08-2012, 7:53 AM
IBTL

But ya, needs to be stopped......

Coded-Dude
08-08-2012, 8:24 AM
For Immediate Release: August 7, 2012

SENATOR YEE AMENDS SB 249 INTO A MASSIVE, UNCONSTITUTIONAL GUN BAN

CALIFORNIA ATTORNEY GENERAL KAMALA HARRIS ENDORSES SB 249 REQUIREMENT TO USE DETACHABLE MAGAZINE FIREARMS

Reference: SB 249 Fact Sheet at http://stopsb249.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/sb249_fact_sheet1.pdf

SAN CARLOS, CA, AND MADERA, CA – In an egregious and deliberate move to ban hundreds of thousands of legal firearms and harm law-abiding California gun owners, California Senator Leland Yee (D-San Francisco) has amended his bill SB 249 to make possession of all Bullet Button, or “maglocked”, firearms a criminal act as of July 1, 2013. Sen. Yee’s chief-of-staff, Adam Keigwin, has said that California should ban all guns, even bolt-action hunting rifles.

Joining Senator Yee in his effort to take away hundreds of millions of dollars of currently-legal guns are co-authors Senate President pro Tem Darrell Steinberg (D-Sacramento), Senator Kevin de León (D-Los Angeles), Senator Loni Hancock (D-Berkeley), Senator Ted Lieu (D-Torrence), Assemblyman Anthony Portantino (D-La Cañada Flintridge), and Assemblyman Mike Feuer (D-Los Angeles).

Explaining his support for the gun ban, Senator Steinberg told the Sacramento Bee that “no one will convince me it's anything other than a joke to say that having multiple clips and semi-automatic weapons that can shoot 100 or more bullets at a time is necessary in this state or in this country. It’s ridiculous."

Also on record as supporting SB 249, the Los Angeles Times reports Attorney General Kamala Harris as saying, “I applaud the Legislature's interest in addressing this problem and support efforts to pass legislation needed to" .

SB 249, if it were to become law, would categorically ban all “maglocked” semi-automatic firearms that are in common use, such as those which use the Bullet Button device. SB 249 does not provide for any grandfathering of existing firearms nor does it have a method of compensating gun owners for the firearms the proposed law would require to be destroyed or removed from California. The net effect would be what is perhaps the single largest unconstitutional government taking in California history.

More, SB 249 would subject gun owners to criminal liability as of July 1, 2013, for the mere possession of firearms that Senator Yee and Attorney General Harris have both said are legal under current law. Ex post facto laws, such as SB 249 would create if passed, are expressly unconstitutional.

Interestingly, however, SB 249 would create a de facto requirement that gun owners , hunters, and competitors in California use only “featureless” firearms, such as AR and AK-style guns employing compliance parts like the Solar Tactical KYDEX Grip Wraps, MonsterMan Grips, or Exile Machine’s Hammerhead Grip, which not only allow for the lawful use of factory magazine releases but large-capacity magazines as well. California does not ban the possession of large-capacity magazines. Wes Morris, owner of Ten Percent Firearms, demonstrates this is [B]IN an excellent YouTube video you can view at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhC8LpHPbRQ.

Senator Yee’s bill is currently before the Assembly Appropriations Committee and is expected to be heard on August 15, though it could be heard as soon as August 8. The bill must pass both the Assembly and the Senate by August 31.

The Calguns Foundation and Cal-FFL, through their pathbreaking grassroots initiative platform StopSB249.org, have created many free, easy-to-use tools for you to help combat this massive gun ban. Please forward this message to your friends, family, favorite gun dealers and manufacturers, and your social networks, like Facebook and Twitter. Working together, we can Stop SB 249 - but we need you to TAKE ACTION NOW!

The SB 249 Fact Sheet is available for download at http://stopsb249.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/sb249_fact_sheet1.pdf.

Donate to The Calguns Foundation and help Stop SB 249.

Stop SB 249's Take Action page with many free tools to fight SB 249 can be found at http://stopsb249.org/take-action.

Website banners with html code are avalable at http://stopsb249.org/get-banners-for-your-website.

---

The Calguns Foundation (www.calgunsfoundation.org) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization which serves its members by providing Second Amendment-related education, strategic litigation, and the defense of innocent California gun owners from improper or malicious prosecution. The Calguns Foundation seeks to inform government and protect the rights of individuals to acquire, own, and lawfully use firearms in California.

California Association of Federal Firearms Licensees (www.calffl.org) is California's premier non-profit industry association of, by, and for firearms manufacturers, dealers, collectors, training professionals, shooting ranges, and others, advancing the interests of its members and the general public through strategic litigation, legislative efforts, and education. For more information or to join Cal-FFL, please visit calffl.org.

Am I the only one that thought that read a little funny? :D

cjc16
08-08-2012, 8:38 AM
Thanks for the post. There may be many here who don't visit the 2A section.

xrMike
08-08-2012, 8:40 AM

Already being discussed in 2A and Politics forum and I'm sure almost every Calgunner stops there at least once when they're online.I hardly ever go into the 2A forum, maybe 1 out of every 20 times I come here.

Iggy
08-08-2012, 9:39 AM
Jeez for a second I though he amended the bill AGAIN.

Rock6.3
08-08-2012, 9:40 AM
Jeez for a second I though he amended the bill AGAIN.

He did, on Tuesday August 7, 2012

Iggy
08-08-2012, 9:42 AM
Well there go my reading skills. I have to catch up on my reading.

MadMax
08-08-2012, 9:44 AM
This should not be about political affiliation or finger pointing, this bill is happening and the focus should be on getting it overturned.

I think it should be a sticky on every forum and social media site we can get to.

No matter what race creed or religion we have get together and donate, call, and write anyone we can to get the message out.

This bill must be stopped!!!!

MUKAK
08-08-2012, 9:46 AM
AGREED!!! and sooner or later they will try to do this NATIONWIDE!!!!!!!!

This should not be about political affiliation or finger pointing, this bill is happening and the focus should be on getting it overturned.

I think it should be a sticky on every forum and social media site we can get to.

No matter what race creed or religion we have get together and donate, call, and write anyone we can to get the message out.

This bill must be stopped!!!!

Brown Rock
08-08-2012, 9:51 AM
They are determined to get this through.....lets keep fighting the good fight. I'll have to show this to an acquaintance of mine who is a hunter. He once told me that AR's should be banned and no one should have one. I explained to him that if they ban my beloved AR, they'll ban your bolt gun. He says no way that will happen.....riiiiiiiiight.
Show him this.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=605320

HK Dave
08-08-2012, 9:54 AM
I'd bet most people that frequent the Centerfire forum don't go to the 2A forum. I'm ok with people posting this as a reminder here. :)

arslin
08-08-2012, 9:58 AM
Please stop posting this stuff in the rifles section.

How many times do you have to be told to leave it in 2A where it belongs?????

This is a law that will effect a large number of center fire rifle owners. Thus... I think this belongs here.

rp55
08-08-2012, 9:58 AM
Already being discussed in 2A and Politics forum and I'm sure almost every Calgunner stops there at least once when they're online.

I used to think so too. Then I started hooking up with other Calgunners at local ranges and I must say that when I told them about something to do with politics close to 100% of them were uninformed, especially the younger (under 30) crowd. I asked why and over and over again they have told me they do not read 2A and politics because it depresses them and many of them read nothing other than the For Sale forum.

If it were possible to force someone to at least look at 2A and politics before entering the other forums it might be a good idea.

IEShooter
08-08-2012, 10:03 AM
This is a law that will effect a large number of center fire rifle owners. Thus... I think this belongs here.

Kes and the Mods (and I) really don't care what you think.

They've all asked many times for this to remain in 2A where it belongs.

The unintended consequence of people ignoring them and posting anyway is this thread will either be merged with the exisitng one in 2A, throwing off the whole dialogue, or just deleted entirely, which is probably the better choice.

People, please do as they ask the leave this stuff where it belongs.

I'm not sure why that is so hard to people to understand. :rolleyes:

m03
08-08-2012, 10:49 AM
We're very sorry Mr. Hall Monitor Sir! Forgive us for our transgressions. :D

Seriously. It needs to be posted as an announcement in every sub-forum.

HK Dave
08-08-2012, 10:59 AM
Seriously. It needs to be posted as an announcement in every sub-forum.

I agree... i'm pretty sure the vast majority of people that visit calguns don't go to the 2A sub forum... an issue of this magnitude should be on every sub forum or some kind of link within each sub forum that sends you to the 2A sub forum.

Librarian
08-08-2012, 12:28 PM
I hardly ever go into the 2A forum, maybe 1 out of every 20 times I come here.

That's a problem. CA gun owners NEED to read the 2A Forum.

For political things, discussions of bills, that's THE place to go.

Leaving this one OPEN - please bump as you feel the urge - but please take DISCUSSION to the 2A Forum.

someR1
08-08-2012, 12:59 PM
I used to think so too. Then I started hooking up with other Calgunners at local ranges and I must say that when I told them about something to do with politics close to 100% of them were uninformed, especially the younger (under 30) crowd. I asked why and over and over again they have told me they do not read 2A and politics because it depresses them and many of them read nothing other than the For Sale forum.

If it were possible to force someone to at least look at 2A and politics before entering the other forums it might be a good idea.

yep. this is very true.

I vote for the 2A forum to be merged with the centerfire forum :D

janus408
08-08-2012, 1:17 PM
I wouldn't have seen this if it werent posted here. I have 2 bookmarks for Calguns, Centerfire Rifles, and the Marketplace. I don't even hit the main page.

Who cares if it gets posted once or twice in other forums, if it means more people are getting informed. And it is a forum, you can see the post title, if you dont want to read about SB249 in the Centerfire Forums, dont click on it.

The level of policing on Calguns has tripled in the past year, or so I feel. Kinda getting borderline crazy. Let the forum police its own topics, if no one reads in or comments on it, it goes to the next page, and then the next, and its not an issue. If it gets tons of positive responses and attention, calgunners obviously didn't mind it...

I don't mean this to be argumentative, just trying to propose a point. Kest and the mods own/run CGs, so do what you want.

a1fabweld
08-08-2012, 1:37 PM
I used to never visit the 2A forum until every other thread in the centerfire rifle forum was about "What upper should I get", "What AR is the best", "Is the SCAR better than my AR", "Did you see the 'Chart'?", "IS the AR better than the AK"? etc... Yawn...

Now I hardly ever visit this forum.

This should stay here for the newbs & ninjas.

GrizFyrFyter
08-08-2012, 1:46 PM
I generally only visit the site through the tapatalk app and it automatically goes to all unread posts. I think it should be a sticky in every sub forum as well, if you are here about guns then you are using your 2A rights most likely, you need to know what is going on to threaten those tights.

Sent from my Nexus 7

spdrcr
08-08-2012, 1:50 PM

The unintended consequence of people ignoring them and posting anyway is this thread will either be merged with the exisitng one in 2A, throwing off the whole dialogue, or just deleted entirely, which is probably the better choice.

You should care what arslin and others in this thread think if you want the largest number of gun-owning users on CalGuns to be aware of the issue and have the opprotunity to do something about it. From the posts in this thread alone it is clearly eveident that many registered users of CalGuns do not frequent or visit the 2A forum - for whatever reason.

I'm not sure why it is so hard for you to understand that restrincting the posting of information to a single forum significantly reduces exposure and only limits furthing the push against this ridiculous bill.

PhillyGunner
08-08-2012, 2:10 PM
I sure am glad I had a MUZZLE BRAKE pinned & welded to my new upper. It's gonna look great above that old A2 stock & MonsterMan Grip I almost threw away a few years back.

Guess this is the future look of Centerfire Forum posts if we ALL don't figure out how to do EVERYTHING we can to defeat that bill they are talking about on the 2A page.

seainc
08-08-2012, 2:13 PM
Very true and some of LGS I visited lately don't have any info about this bill posted anywhere in their shops consider the damages of this bill can do to their business. What % of gun owners in CA knows about CALGUNS.net or other CA firearms forums?

Coded-Dude
08-08-2012, 2:14 PM
So for subjects like this, that pop up frequently(and hang around for a while)....one thread, with a sticky in every sub-forum that simply has the title of the thread and a link to the actual source thread(wherever its destination may be). I am sure the mods love trying to edit/maintain 10+ different threads a day on the exact same subject getting hit hard with comments due to the controversial nature of the discussion....

Johnnyfres
08-08-2012, 2:15 PM

So why is there only 8K signatures on the page? CGN has 100's of 1000's of member.

cannon
08-08-2012, 2:16 PM
That's a problem. CA gun owners NEED to read the 2A Forum.

For political things, discussions of bills, that's THE place to go.

Leaving this one OPEN - please bump as you feel the urge - but please take DISCUSSION to the 2A Forum.

Thank you, as one who rarely goes into 2A I appreciate it.

SoCalXD
08-08-2012, 2:19 PM
Just as a man's modern rifle was turned into an "Assault Rifle" by the progressive statists, so shall a man's hunting rifle be turned into a "Sniper Rifle" by those same progressive statists and their successors. No doubt that same man's pump shotgun used for bird hunting will soon be turned into a "Riot Gun", which will be called "inhumane" just as the Europeans consider them.

The enemies of individual freedom, state sovereignty and a limited Constitutional Republic will never stop their warfare, until there is a permanent boot print on the face of every citizen.

SoCalXD
08-08-2012, 2:21 PM
So why is there only 8K signatures on the page? CGN has 100's of 1000's of member.

That is a very good question. Speculating on that on a public forum would probably not be in our best interests.

Coded-Dude
08-08-2012, 2:28 PM
That is a very good question. Speculating on that on a public forum would probably not be in our best interests.

Most users ever online was 5,466 on 03-08-2011
Threads: 545,727, Posts: 8,330,997
Members: 117,385, Active Members: 23,667

Total Members is a useless number(just means someone registered an account)

About a 1/3 of our active members have signed it, which isn't bad, but it's also not great either.

Arisaka
08-08-2012, 2:36 PM
Bump for petition signatures. Sign it everyone!! No excuse.

CK_32
08-08-2012, 2:38 PM

I don't get why people hate on people spreading the word. Not everyone (myself included) check those other forums and hear a lot for the first time from reposts to another section..

I think there should be allowed as long as its related to be able to post related threads to the section even if being discussed in another thread section as long as there isn't 50 in a single thread topic...

I'd rather have 1 dupe in every section than not hear of some important news.. Then when you lover your way and no ones spreads it across the boards and you lose your gun rights then what...

That's like saying don't have news or discuss the Casey Anthony case or news over seas because Florida or new York already covered it in their news program.. Or channel 2 has it so channel 11 can cover the story.. Just because your saw it doesn't mean all others did...

Nothing wrong with spreading word to help fellow shooters hear of news rspcially this important as long as there isn't 50 going in one section already.

I feel if anything these things should be posted by mods in every section just to get the word out.. Even tho it's on the cover page of calguns I only see that when someone shuts my computer off and I have to repot into calguns..

But yea this is BS and thanks for trying to spread the word OP.

skkeeter
08-08-2012, 2:39 PM
I used to never visit the 2A forum until every other thread in the centerfire rifle forum was about "What upper should I get", "What AR is the best", "Is the SCAR better than my AR", "Did you see the 'Chart'?", "IS the AR better than the AK"? etc... Yawn...

Now I hardly ever visit this forum.

This should stay here for the newbs & ninjas.

This X 1000.....

I don't frequent the forums nearly as much as I used to because they is hardly any order anymore. Trying to wade through the garbage to get to the interesting stuff gets tedious. Centerfire rifles is flooded with topics that have nothing to do with rifles, especially optics questions. As far as people needing to be informed, stickies at the top of the page seems like an option to me. Basically for myself, Calguns is a great forum for California laws pertaining to firearms, but as a gun forum it's seriously lacking compared to when I joined.

-hanko
08-08-2012, 3:45 PM

:sleeping:

That lack of understanding apparently works in both directions;).

This thread needs to be a sticky on every forum here, imo...

But I'm not a moderator, don't assume to think for moderators or the owner of the site, and tend to let the mods do their job.

-hanko

CK_32
08-08-2012, 4:23 PM
:sleeping:

That lack of understanding apparently works in both directions;).

This thread needs to be a sticky on every forum here, imo...

But I'm not a moderator, don't assume to think for moderators or the owner of the site, and tend to let the mods do their job.

-hanko

Agree everything this important should be stickied to help the cause of our second amendment rights. Not telling just suggesting I vote to help spread knowedge To save my gun rights.

someR1
08-08-2012, 4:45 PM
Most users ever online was 5,466 on 03-08-2011
Threads: 545,727, Posts: 8,330,997
Members: 117,385, Active Members: 23,667

Total Members is a useless number(just means someone registered an account)

About a 1/3 of our active members have signed it, which isn't bad, but it's also not great either.

we should have 23,000 signatures .....

xrMike
08-08-2012, 4:50 PM

Signatures? What signatures? Where do I sign? How am I supposed to know about signing stuff if I never go into 2A? :D

The enemies of individual freedom, state sovereignty and a limited Constitutional Republic will never stop their warfare, until there is a permanent boot print on the face of every citizen.Nice, I like it. That right there is borderline sig material, my friend. :cool2:

someR1
08-08-2012, 4:54 PM
Signatures? What signatures? Where do I sign?

things you can do: http://stopsb249.org/take-action/

CK_32
08-08-2012, 4:55 PM
I signed and got my gf and mother and father to sign

deckhandmike
08-08-2012, 4:59 PM
Ok, I signed it. Can we send it back to the 2A forum now.

efnick
08-08-2012, 5:02 PM
why would they do this? its like theyre trying to cut off their nose to spite their face;

these firearms are such a huge industry and in such an economic downfall, why would they want to close it down? its stupid.

efnick
08-08-2012, 5:03 PM

this link needs to be plastered, everywhere.

Merc1138
08-08-2012, 5:06 PM
why would they do this? its like theyre trying to cut off their nose to spite their face;

these firearms are such a huge industry and in such an economic downfall, why would they want to close it down? its stupid.

You expect CA politicians to be intelligent?

CK_32
08-08-2012, 5:14 PM

Because if we don't the terrorists win.. And because of simpleminded stay at home mothers who talk some idiots into signing this to stop every gun crime that's ever been commuted because they have nothing else better to do than be dramatic and snood about something they don't understand. And politicians looking to make a name for them selfless signing and passing a contravercial law or bill to get their name on the paper and recognized for once.

This^

And this^

Metal Magic
08-08-2012, 6:16 PM
Bump,

I know a few people who do not "frequently" visit the 2A Forum

efnick
08-08-2012, 6:20 PM
i am one of them, so this being posted in the long guns discussion area brought it to my attention. good place for it to be posted!

Harborking
08-08-2012, 6:27 PM
I am new, so hi all... I don't understand SB249. I don't want a bullet button nor have I ever. I have also not read the Bill but it seems to me that getting rid of the bullet button is a good thing. I have also heard that YES you can go back to the 30 round Mag but you must remove the back pin to load your AR. Can anyone please explain this bill to me?

Harborking
08-08-2012, 6:44 PM
I have a list of rifles I am getting rid of... If anyone is interested... ALL of these guns are in Pristine condition....
6.55 Yugoslavian model 98
Model 12-12gauge pump Winchester
Ruger 338 win-mag
Rem 7mm stw
Model 98 .243 custom
Model 98 8mm (Persian) mauser
Savage dbb 12g stage coach special
Rossi 44-40
50 .cal Buckskinner BP

efnick
08-08-2012, 6:46 PM
wrong section buddy. try the for sale section with a proper format.

HonkingAntelope
08-08-2012, 6:49 PM
Agree everything this important should be stickied to help the cause of our second amendment rights. Not telling just suggesting I vote to help spread knowedge To save my gun rights.

Not to mention the MAJOR rewrite it got yesterday, which renders a lot of prior arguments either moot or just plain incorrect.

Harborking
08-08-2012, 6:49 PM
Sorry

Librarian
08-08-2012, 7:02 PM

How about a few of you putting the link in your signatures?

I am new, so hi all... I don't understand SB249. I don't want a bullet button nor have I ever. I have also not read the Bill but it seems to me that getting rid of the bullet button is a good thing. I have also heard that YES you can go back to the 30 round Mag but you must remove the back pin to load your AR. Can anyone please explain this bill to me?
That's a mistake - how can you have an opinion on what it might do without reading it?

Several threads in the 2A forum - please visit and read.

Bigtwin
08-08-2012, 7:11 PM
i am one of them, so this being posted in the long guns discussion area brought it to my attention. good place for it to be posted!

That is why it needs to be posted in all threads!

Bigtwin
08-08-2012, 7:14 PM
How about a few of you putting the link in your signatures?.

DONE!

janus408
08-08-2012, 7:16 PM

Fixed that for you.

masayako
08-08-2012, 7:43 PM
I post this one originally to raise awareness. I see so many of my range buddies bookmark only centerfire, marketplace and handgun forum, they never visit or care about 2A forum (which is a mistake).

I hope to change that. This ****ing SB249 is just too damn important for us AR style rifle lovers. Let's united and focus our energy on what matters, get them SB249 failed miserably.

It's stupid to require BB, 10 mags and no automatic weapon? We have to draw the line somewhere, right? Yee can propose any legislature he feels appropriate; however, it's up to us citizens to speak up. Frankly, posting one small thread in a popular forum like this does raise a lot of awareness. Let's hope the mods agree. Good luck to us all.

Librarian
08-08-2012, 9:05 PM
Bump.

Visit the 2A forum.

SB 249 delenda est.

MUKAK
08-08-2012, 9:10 PM

+1.

efnick
08-08-2012, 9:21 PM
i think i just linked it to my sig...

mlevans66
08-08-2012, 9:48 PM
No matter how many of us sign our names to fight this it's not going to matter cause they will RAM it though anyway. What the real fight is going to come down to is in the courts cause I KNOW the NRA, CALGUNS and whoever else is going to be fight this Bag O' Crap all the way. I see C.A. losing some money of this FUBAR of a law just like Chicago did and DC. Ca. is the best state for see a goverment waste tax dollars on NOTHING and refuse to look at real issues.

Full Clip
08-08-2012, 10:05 PM
The latest rendition of this bill is unbelievable

Good, the crazier it is the less of a chance it will have to pass or survive judicial review.

Pimpin007
08-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Bump, since i don't frequent the 2A section and hopefully someone else that doesn't either will see this and know what's actually going on while we still have time to change what yee is trying to do.

Skin1991
08-09-2012, 2:03 AM
Added to sig, This should be posted in every sub forum on here.

jeffrice6
08-09-2012, 2:34 AM
Post everywhere!!!

tahoetarga
08-09-2012, 8:17 AM
i think i just linked it to my sig...

ditto...

Kyle1886
08-09-2012, 8:35 AM
I was at the Iron Sight range in Oceanside yesterday and nary a sign or petition displayed anywhere concerning SB-249. I questioned that and was told they will address that today.

The way I see it, regardless of district, a politicians constituents "generally" really have no idea whats going on nor care unless somthing impacts them personally. If that is the case, then generally bills are created to suit the politicians personal agenda, and not that of the folks he/she represents.

How many of Senator's district voters contacted him about the BB special on TV and voiced concern? I'd wager less than one---but I could be in error.

Respectfully
Kyle

someR1
08-09-2012, 9:21 AM
Link now posted in sig :D

Dhena81
08-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Good, the crazier it is the less of a chance it will have to pass or survive judicial review.

Agreed

mif_slim
08-09-2012, 10:42 AM
In happy Mods are leaving this open. I know many many calgunners who just read what their interested in and this would help them see something is brewing in the policital/gun community. Like someone else said, there should be 1 notice of this in every topic on here.

.40Cal
08-09-2012, 12:28 PM

So, does the BAN mean you can't even KEEP the ones you already OWN ? I thought the grandfather rule applies, like as in keeping pre-ban magazines..even now.

I didn't understand the whole thing here.... So, they wanna take away what we ALREADY have ??? Humm... I'm guessing a few guys who refuse to give up their guns will wanna hide/underground some of them...no...

So, what are the choices then... Underground them, move out of CA... what else ?????

Librarian
08-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Discussion and questions to 2A forum, please.

If you read the current version of the bill - and I recommend you do - nothing in there about 'grandfathering', registration, anything that might soften it.

liv4spd
08-09-2012, 2:56 PM
If you read the current version of the bill - and I recommend you do - nothing in there about 'grandfathering', registration, anything that might soften it.

Bump. If you guys want to keep your rifles - better start educating yourselves and taking actions.

Cadre
08-09-2012, 2:58 PM
bump

RuggedJay
08-09-2012, 3:04 PM
Bump. Fight it.

MadMax
08-09-2012, 4:42 PM
TTT

Tell your friends plz

m98
08-09-2012, 5:11 PM
Bump up

reznunt
08-09-2012, 5:33 PM
forget a sticky in the subforums... scriipt it and make it a pop up!

mws314
08-09-2012, 5:43 PM
I wonder what percent of gun related crimes are committed by people who purchased them correctly and use a BB. Seems to me if you do the research to keep yourself out of jail your not going to be using it for the wrong reasons. When will these people get that taking the guns away from the law abiding citizens won't stop the criminals! What a joke!!!

anymoose
08-09-2012, 5:45 PM
I wonder what percent of gun related crimes are committed by people who purchased them correctly and use a BB. Seems to me if you do the research to keep yourself out of jail your not going to be using it for the wrong reasons. When will these people get that taking the guns away from the law abiding citizens won't stop the criminals! What a joke!!!

it has nothing to do with keeping guns away from criminals, everyone knows that criminals will still use guns.

this is only about control of the people, and the gov protecting itself from a civil uprising.

jonc
08-09-2012, 6:05 PM
Criminals don't have BB

ZX-10R
08-09-2012, 6:05 PM
The good fight is to stop voting for Democrats CA...You reap what you sow.

gesundheit
08-09-2012, 6:14 PM

I don't agree. There are Democrats that aren't so scared of guns. Bottomline: Don't vote for idiots that don't live in reality.

If SB 249 passes, the only people celebrating will be the criminals.

Iggy
08-09-2012, 6:39 PM

It's been said many times before that this isn't a party hate wagon. The idea to not support those who pose bad ideas regardless of their political party.

No one political party is immune to bad politics, it up to us to make our goals and opinions heard, and it's up to us to vote into office those that hear our call.

tanakasan
08-09-2012, 6:45 PM
I don't agree. There are Democrats that aren't so scared of guns. Bottomline: Don't vote for idiots that don't live in reality.

If SB 249 passes, the only people celebrating will be the criminals.

Yeah, criminals don't care about BB, standard cap mags or illegal SBR's. This law would only affect law abiding citizens! Time to donate again!

Robert

pennys dad
08-09-2012, 8:01 PM
follow this link: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=606346

tuna quesadilla
08-09-2012, 9:11 PM
'The thing about the second amendment is that we will not have to use it unless they try to take it away' Tom Jefferson

Assuming you mean Thomas Jefferson, that is not a real quote.

Abraham Lincoln said it best:

"I must urge every one of you to be wary of quotes found on the internet, for their veracity is difficult to confirm." - Abraham Lincoln.

bubbapug1
08-09-2012, 9:41 PM
Just as a man's modern rifle was turned into an "Assault Rifle" by the progressive statists, so shall a man's hunting rifle be turned into a "Sniper Rifle" by those same progressive statists and their successors. No doubt that same man's pump shotgun used for bird hunting will soon be turned into a "Riot Gun", which will be called "inhumane" just as the Europeans consider them.

The enemies of individual freedom, state sovereignty and a limited Constitutional Republic will never stop their warfare, until there is a permanent boot print on the face of every citizen.

Very well put....

patrickstarfish
08-09-2012, 9:55 PM
I just texted all of my CA friends and family to check out stopsb249.org.

I am hoping that they can petition as well.

m98
08-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Where is Walt Kowalski when you need him?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_k07pirzBU34/S_j0i_8JcMI/AAAAAAAAEq0/7daWCVOeb5k/s1600/gran_torino.jpg

IF ONLY WALT WAS A CGNNR. He'd be able to make large donation to cgn foundation. I think the nra has pretty much given up on fightin for our rights here.

Librarian
08-11-2012, 1:01 PM
Folks, this is NOT a discussion thread.

This is a bump-to-keep-the-issue-in-front-of-everyone thread.

Discussion goes into 2A forum.

m98
08-11-2012, 3:35 PM
^^^^^^^^ BARREL SHROUD goin up

Benelli Boy
08-11-2012, 6:46 PM
signature added

AeroEngi
08-11-2012, 6:59 PM
I tried doing this about a week ago but the thread got closed pretty quickly. Thanks for spreading the word OP and thanks to the mods for leaving this open.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

.40Cal
08-12-2012, 1:31 AM
Where is Walt Kowalski when you need him?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_k07pirzBU34/S_j0i_8JcMI/AAAAAAAAEq0/7daWCVOeb5k/s1600/gran_torino.jpg

Wasn't this from a movie, where an American "protects" a Korean family with his "GUN". and in the process gives up his own life for the Asian family?

Mr. Yee maybe forgetting GUNS are used for Protection from the enemy. Bad guys don't care about gun laws, and will get theirs anyhow. We are talking about the law abiding citizens, aren't we? Will Mr. Yee take personal Oath and garuantee of protection for my family, and yours......if need be....and end the Crime? If so, I'll follow him. If he can't do that, then SHUT UP...and let us protect ourselves. It takes 20-30 minutes before police shows up, when called 911. I've experienced that many times....

rogervzv
08-12-2012, 9:43 AM

+1. You people keep voting Democrat and by doing so you are destroying our 2d Amendment rights. And most of our other liberties as well.

I have contributed to CGF and signed the petition. I worked the phones when this bill was in committee. Also an NRA member and frequent contributor.

masayako
08-12-2012, 10:24 AM
This SB249 is going to be a tipping point to change California from a Blue state into Red state. Watch it.

tuna quesadilla
08-12-2012, 10:33 AM
This SB249 is going to be a tipping point to change California from a Blue state into Red state. Watch it.

:rofl: Yeah, no.