PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of moving out of CA if sb249 passes

mbaerg
08-07-2012, 5:18 PM
Any suggestions on other states? I'm considering Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, and Idaho. I'd like to stay somewhat close to California.. but I enjoy shooting my AR too much and I'd like to continue shooting it.

-Matt

SanPedroShooter
08-07-2012, 5:24 PM
We're headed to Texas, SBnonsense or no... Hoping to be gone by 'compliance time'... I dont think gun laws are a good enough reason to move, although the lack of the right to carry hits very close to home.

If you want to stay close, and can stand the heat, do Arizona. Gun owners paradise. Texas is good but could be better.

mbaerg
08-07-2012, 5:29 PM
We're headed to Texas, SBnonsense or no... Hoping to be gone by 'compliance time'... I dont think gun laws are a good enough reason to move, although the lack of the right to carry hits very close to home.

If you want to stay close, and can stand the heat, do Arizona. Gun owners paradise. Texas is good but could be better.

I should probably state that I'm a single college student and if I were to move (after grad school) I wouldn't have to quit my job or bring a family with me.

Josh3239
08-07-2012, 5:30 PM
Me too. My brother goes to school in CO, if this passes priority #1 is joining him. Not the best for guns, but moving isn't easy. Atleast it is "aw"/high cap/NFA/CCW friendly.

SanPedroShooter
08-07-2012, 5:33 PM
When your young and single, its way easier. Where ever you lay your head is home. I have a trade and a wife and a rapidly growing client list and ****....

My wife is going to school in Austin, so I can justify it. Otherwise it would be a lot harder. Of course putting roots down in California seems like booking a suite on the titanic while its sinking, so there are plenty of good reasons to choose from.

JBaus
08-07-2012, 7:44 PM
The idea of moving/uprooting my family because of a gun law wouldn't make any sense. First off, jobs aren't exactly easy to come by these days an second, what guarantees does one have of the job market of your profession in the area to where one is going to move?

Of course, this all comes from someone who doesn't own an AR, but is/was planning on building one. If the SB passes then I'll focus my other efforts on other firearms.

bob7122
08-07-2012, 8:23 PM
northern AZ is nice. after i get my career (not for another 5-8 years) if things have not bettered regarding gun laws in CA i will move to Coconino county.

ElvenSoul
08-07-2012, 8:26 PM
Williams and Sanoma area of AZ is very nice. However I have family in Southern Co. Could live with 20rnd mags :) :) :) :) :)

trob
08-07-2012, 9:27 PM
Move along, nothing to see here in Idaho, choose another state....:shifty:

1meanchevy
08-07-2012, 9:55 PM
LOL, My buddy from Wyoming tells me he says the same thing when he sees Idaho plates. :D

Move along, nothing to see here in Idaho, choose another state....:shifty:

BrokerB
08-07-2012, 10:10 PM
Good bye . We will still be here fighting on the front lines of the war on our constitution .

trob
08-07-2012, 10:12 PM
LOL, My buddy from Wyoming tells me he says the same thing when he sees Idaho plates. :D

Yep, don't visit and definitely don't move here. I came up from San Diego last year. Im already here, so I might as well stay...it sucks.

POLICESTATE
08-07-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm stuck here unless I win the lottery or find some sucker to take over payments on my trailer.

Besides, if this passes and is upheld you can bet it will migrate across the nation.

1meanchevy
08-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Will do, I'll just wave from Missoula, then I'll say don't take my trout. :D

Yep, don't visit and definitely don't move here. I came up from San Diego last year. Im already here, so I might as well stay...it sucks.

Skin1991
08-07-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm stuck here unless I win the lottery or find some sucker to take over payments on my trailer.

Besides, if this passes and is upheld you can bet it will migrate across the nation.

Yeah if this passes, im sure other states will follow suite soon enough

ChaneRZ
08-08-2012, 10:24 AM
If it passes,I am going featureless.

Coded-Dude
08-08-2012, 10:30 AM
I am planning on heading back to OK in about 6 months time. Can't stand this state(mostly it's laws and politicians) anymore.

IEShooter
08-08-2012, 12:15 PM
The gun grabbers would like nothing better than to see you leave.

Make no mistake, SB-249 will likely pass and Brown is likely (though not certain) to sign it.

Then.......before July of 2013 there will be a stay or injunction issued by a court that prohibits implementation while we fight this out through the courts.

Personally, I think the chances that you have to turn in your AR's, AK's, etc., or butcher them to comply with this law are just about zero.

Sunday
08-08-2012, 4:45 PM
I am thinking about leaving California for many reasons.

m98
08-08-2012, 5:59 PM
The idea of moving/uprooting my family because of a gun law wouldn't make any sense. First off, jobs aren't exactly easy to come by these days an second, what guarantees does one have of the job market of your profession in the area to where one is going to move?

Of course, this all comes from someone who doesn't own an AR, but is/was planning on building one. If the SB passes then I'll focus my other efforts on other firearms.

Here is where you are completely Wrong. After this passes, they will then draw up another to go after your browning bar .243 buz its a hi powered semiauto assualt sniper rifle.

Panchira!
08-08-2012, 7:53 PM
Me and the wife are saving to leave. It's not just the gun laws. It's a whole laundry list as to why we want to leave.

Agent 0range
08-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Yep. Heading back east in about a year after 10 years in SoCal. We've been talking about it for a while and now that we have kids, we've decided we want to raise them closer to our families. California gun laws tipped the scales on the pros/cons list for me. With all this SB249 BS, I'm actually excited to get out!

Agent 0range
08-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Stupid double post!!

rabagley
08-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Me and the wife are saving to leave. It's not just the gun laws. It's a whole laundry list as to why we want to leave.

Housing prices.
Crime.
Taxes.
Gun laws.
Pollution.
Jobs.

Just got out myself. Too many people are willing to pay too much money to live there, apparently because the weather is nice. I liked the weather too, but not enough to put my family one illness or layoff away from financial ruin.

How do you save anything when you're putting 50% of your gross into your house? And yet, 45% of California mortgage holders are spending that much OR MORE. I choose to not compete with that.

Up here a little outside of Seattle, I am making the same amount at a similar job, now spending 17% of my gross on PITI for a nice house in a low crime neighborhood and highly rated school district. I get to keep 10% more than I could in California since there's no state income tax. Hunting is normal, CCW is shall issue (I'm applying next week), standard sized magazines are standard, and suppressors are fully legal (MG's, SBS's, and SBR's are still "in progress"). Yeah, it does rain up here in the Pacific Northwest, though it's been a gorgeous summer so far.

Dantedamean
08-09-2012, 12:31 AM
I personally like Arizona. Kinda hot but I'll take it, they have almost no gun laws. They are also one of the few states left that doesn't have a law against talking on the phone and driving. It's also fairly close the california if you have family here.
I'm right there with you man. I wanted to GTFO before this stupid legislation. SB249 is just the last straw.

SilverTauron
08-09-2012, 12:44 AM
Yeah if this passes, im sure other states will follow suite soon enough

Not the good ones haha. ;)

Not that I'm OK with gun owners anywhere in America being marginalized, but as far as the majority of states are concerned Gun Control refers to Isosceles or Weaver stance.When CA enacts SB249 , rest assured Wyoming won't be in a hurry to start banning ARs. Neither will TX, Arkansas, Iowa, etc.

Looking at the current national stance on gun rights, gun control laws in California will only spread to states already on the Disarmament Lobby bandwagon.

As to moving, you do what you have to do. You only live once, and life is too short to spend it stressed out trying to survive the warped environment called a "Progressive State". I cant speak to CA, but the way of life in Chicago was so stressful I had to get the f**k out of Illinois. The culture in the northeastern corner is so anti-American its not even funny.

Going back to IL to see family after years in South Dakota was akin to those dystopian sci-fi movies where the entire population was under mass mind control, and the storys protagonist is the only one who knows the truth.

$2.00 highway tolls , news every day blaring about home invasions and deadly robberies-I remember watching the news in slack jawed shock at a spot about a 13 year old girl having to hide under her bed during the 911 call as felons ransacked her home.You could hear the criminals tearing the place apart in the background of the call- and constant videos about protest marches and calls for more gun control. I can't believe I ever thought living that way was "normal".

Going to a range in IL was the most insulting experience in recent memory. I walked into the range to sign in, only to be ordered that I had to open my case to have my handguns trigger locked before I could set foot into the store proper. As if that's not enough of an insult, my case was flagged with a fluorescent marker on the handle after being closed. People are getting shot left and right in Illinois , but I, a veteran with a clean record , couldn't be trusted to walk through a store in public without having my guns locked up and flagged like some kind of felon.

BS like that is why ill never live in Illinois or any state of similar political background again. I don't care if im offered $1,000,000 a year after graduation;my dignity and rights as a man are worth more than currency.

shortyforty
08-09-2012, 1:22 AM
It would be nice if I could get out of this state and take my family with me. I have a brother in Utah that is constantly trying to get me out there. One of these days........I may just go. The libtards in this state have me in a constant state of anger. A few weeks ago I poked into the political section of the forum and I couldn't believe what I was reading...California gun owners and Calguns members who are going to support Obama???????? I was sickened almost to the point of vomiting! How can this be. It kinda felt like the twilight zone. I mean I'm not crazy about the choices either but c'mon. California is a beautiful state but the mentally challenged have definitely populated the state maybe beyond repair. Boxer, Yee, Feinstein, all Obama's minions and many more like them. Someone mentioned the titanic and that's a pretty accurate comparison to what this feels like. :mad:

RekEnhanced
08-09-2012, 1:45 AM
Personally, I think the chances that you have to turn in your AR's, AK's, etc., or butcher them to comply with this law are just about zero.

I hope to God you are right. I just took out my new AR for the first time today and all I can think is if some of these gun haters would just pick up a gun, go to the range and experience it they would be less rabid about trying to make us give ours up.

But then again Diane Feinstein did have a ccw at one point so maybe I'm wrong.

Taken from about.com's profile of Diane Feinstein (which speaks very highly of her btw): Interesting Personal Note:
Senator Feinstein is a staunch gun control advocate. Despite her stance, in the 1970s, she obtained a concealed firearms carry permit, and carried a handgun with her. A CCW permit was then rare in California, and was the only such permit in San Francisco. At the time, she was the target of a terrorist group that had shot out all the windows in her home. She no longer carries a gun.

Zartan
08-09-2012, 4:52 AM
SEEYA!

Standard
08-09-2012, 6:16 AM
I'll be another guy leaving, looking forward to the Pacific northwest or possibly northern Idaho. Sb249 is just the latest addition to the list of reasons.

NOTABIKER
08-09-2012, 9:17 AM
i was born in calif 1947. this state is toast, done, over. it just cant be fixed. the libs run the place. the republicans here are just lazy fools. it has to fail to get fixed. if i could get my daughter and son in law with the boys 10& 8 to go i would tell the wife of 44 years honey how much do you love me cuzz i am going.

Curley Red
08-09-2012, 10:25 AM
I was born here and probably will die here. I prefer to stay and fight. But if you do leave, please take someone with you, we are over crowded.

TacticalPlinker
08-10-2012, 4:49 AM
I have to agree. I don't know when or where, but the first realistic chance I get, I'm getting the f**k out of this police state.

SB249 is just another "nail in the coffin"... I have no reason to continue living in a state that wants to control literally everything I do and say, and wants to make me a criminal for something I didn't do, but instead for something I own.

As another member said... Housing prices. Crime. Taxes. Gun laws. Pollution. Jobs.

To this I add... Overpopulation. Immigration. Gas prices. Politics/Politicians. Hollywood. Traffic. Cost of living. Did I mention those anti-gun laws?

I literally have no desire to exist here. I hate everything about this state and the vast majority of the people who populate it.

I'm tired of having to play lawyer and decipher California state law because our government is too stupid and cannot specifically or explicitly decide what is legal and what is illegal, and when they do just that, the next year they want to change their decision.

The only reason I'm still stuck here is because I was born here, and for the obvious financial reasons.

NoJoke
08-10-2012, 5:30 AM
Just got back from scouting out AZ.

Prescott got our #1 vote.

TacticalPlinker
08-10-2012, 5:40 AM
Just got back from scouting out AZ.

Prescott got our #1 vote.

I've been to Prescott once, it seemed like a decent area. My aunt and cousin live in the Mesa area. In fact, my cousin just bought a 4 bedroom house for less than $200,00 and he's single/lives alone... So I might have my way out right there. I'll probably visit early next year (or sooner) and see what I can work out. My only complaint is the weather. I've lived in the desert, and I HATE the heat.

BrokerB
08-10-2012, 10:49 AM
no other are has such great weather as Northern California. I will stay and fight- Someone has to stay at the front lines of the war on 2nd Amendment. To say our laws dont creep over the states is retarded at best. We are the testing ground for all bs laws.

Feel free to run away, and liek was said above..take soem people with you.

Now if I lived in SoCal..id probably already have stabbed my self. I dont do traffic and the rat race

mattymatt
08-10-2012, 12:20 PM
no other are has such great weather as Northern California. I will stay and fight- Someone has to stay at the front lines of the war on 2nd Amendment. To say our laws dont creep over the states is retarded at best. We are the testing ground for all bs laws.

Feel free to run away, and liek was said above..take soem people with you.

Now if I lived in SoCal..id probably already have stabbed my self. I dont do traffic and the rat race

There is nothing here left to fight. The illusion that this state will ever turn around is just that, an illusion. I'm planning on getting out of here as soon as I can but my roots here a deep. The Global Warming Final Solutions act is going to sink the state. That along with the constant attempts to disarm Californians is setting us up to turn this whole state into another Detroit.

Coded-Dude
08-10-2012, 12:26 PM
All gunowners/hunters should leave the state for about a decade......let the protected wildlife(predators) grow out of control and reduce the anti population. Come back to CA with an abundance of hunting game and a lack of anti's.

SilverTauron
08-10-2012, 12:32 PM
All gunowners/hunters should leave the state for about a decade......let the protected wildlife(predators) grow out of control and reduce the anti population. Come back to CA with an abundance of hunting game and a lack of anti's.

The gang bangers will do this for you.

Two things instantly change a liberals attitude on gun control.One is a range trip shooting .22s. The other is when the bad guys are at the doorstep. Something about being in a bad part of town that changes peoples' minds about gun ownership. ;)

shortyforty
08-10-2012, 2:44 PM
I have to agree. I don't know when or where, but the first realistic chance I get, I'm getting the f**k out of this police state.

SB249 is just another "nail in the coffin"... I have no reason to continue living in a state that wants to control literally everything I do and say, and wants to make me a criminal for something I didn't do, but instead for something I own.

As another member said... Housing prices. Crime. Taxes. Gun laws. Pollution. Jobs.

To this I add... Overpopulation. Immigration. Gas prices. Politics/Politicians. Hollywood. Traffic. Cost of living. Did I mention those anti-gun laws?

I literally have no desire to exist here. I hate everything about this state and the vast majority of the people who populate it.

I'm tired of having to play lawyer and decipher California state law because our government is too stupid and cannot specifically or explicitly decide what is legal and what is illegal, and when they do just that, the next year they want to change their decision.

The only reason I'm still stuck here is because I was born here, and for the obvious financial reasons.

I feel ya brother...!!!!!!!+1000000000000000

m98
08-10-2012, 3:09 PM
The gang bangers will do this for you.

Two things instantly change a liberals attitude on gun control.One is a range trip shooting .22s. The other is when the bad guys are at the doorstep. Something about being in a bad part of town that changes peoples' minds about gun ownership. ;)

Not all can be convinced to even go to a range nor touch a firearm. Most of them even if something tragic did happened to they STILL believes d frankenstiens preaching on guns is still the answer becuz believing that disarming citizens is the ticket to a gun free country of kommifornia.

Mojaveman
08-10-2012, 8:41 PM
Senator Feinstein is a staunch gun control advocate. Despite her stance, in the 1970s, she obtained a concealed firearms carry permit, and carried a handgun with her. A CCW permit was then rare in California, and was the only such permit in San Francisco. At the time, she was the target of a terrorist group that had shot out all the windows in her home.

She no longer carries a gun.

He-he-he. Are you sure about that? :D If I were once targeted by terrorists I'd probably pack for the rest of my life. ;)

If SB249 passes can someone just dissassemble and then re-assemble after they move out of state?

rabagley
08-10-2012, 8:43 PM
Not all can be convinced to even go to a range nor touch a firearm. Most of them even if something tragic did happened to they STILL believes d frankenstiens preaching on guns is still the answer becuz believing that disarming citizens is the ticket to a gun free country of kommifornia.

Emphasis mine. In my experience, your stats are way off. The vast majority of anti's and ignorant people will jump at a chance to go shooting with a guide. Most will often chip in for the ammo if the subject of costs comes up.

I've found only two anti-gunners who wouldn't go to the range to shoot with me. On the other hand, I've taken at least a hundred liberals to the range and converted six liberals who were either mildly anti or simply ignorant about the issue into buying at least one gun. Three are now liberal gun nuts.

TacticalPlinker
08-10-2012, 8:43 PM
What does Senator Yee have to say on the issue?...

...But guns are loud. Those black AR-15's and evil AK-47's are scary. Mommy has to tuck me into bed every night and reassure me the bad man with the gun won't hurt me so I don't have nightmares and cry myself to sleep...

Syntax Error
08-12-2012, 8:42 PM
I plan on moving out of California for a myriad of reasons, not which of least is the current state of gun laws.

I mean, seriously, when you have people like Yee pretty much wanting to persecute law-abiding gun owners with their "scary black rifles" because of what he saw from a CBS 2 News "expose" on the bullet button, and then he talks about "common sense" legislation, how such weapons have "no place in California", and there should be "no debate, no discussion" about that, it really goes to show you the level of gerrymandering in this state, and a reflection of the apathy (or support) for these types of power-hungry, overbearing demagogues.

It's really the attitude that the California government has towards its people. They continually, year after year, see what they can get away with, and nothing about constitutional restraint on their powers is ever regarded. De Leon's AB 962 being overturned in court, the man immediately just put a slightly amended version of the legislation back up after it was struck down. The politicians here are just power-hungry and have ruined this once-great state.

frankm
08-12-2012, 8:49 PM
Yee is either a hardcore commie or a moron. He comes from a country where they routinely shoot down hordes of his countrymen and yet he wishes to deny us the means to defend ourselves from rogue governments!

barbasol
08-12-2012, 8:51 PM
If you are considering moving to a new location because you can't have a bullet button I might consider rethinking your priorities. Employment, quality of life, chicks in bikinis at the beach etc.. Well, that's why I stay.

Good luck though, my vote is Utah

AfghanVetOrcutt
08-13-2012, 9:49 AM
I used to love this state before I grew up and had to take care of myself. With the majority of my paycheck going to rent and the rest of it going to bills I am literally living paycheck to paycheck and can't save for my future. Our school system is screwed, our politicians are useless, the housing market sucks... etc. The only reason I want to stay is family and friends but I just can't afford to. I'm moving to Idaho as soon as I get a job and I've applied for about 10 in the last couple of days.

As far as fighting the good fight; I honestly wish you the best luck. I don't think this fight can be won, Kommiefornia is too far gone. I'm getting out before they fence us all in. Free America here I come!