PDA

View Full Version : sb249 and s12

Sam .223
08-07-2012, 5:01 PM
well i was trying to figure out what to do with my s 12 if this POS of a law gets signed into law, it would seem that the only thing you can do is make it a bolt style gun, and make the gas system non operative. if i'm reading the flow chart correctly that should make the gun legal unless i missed anything?

GettoPhilosopher
08-07-2012, 5:09 PM
I was trying to figure that out too. I mean, you could somehow cut down the mag release and weld it so it can't be actuated, but they you can't load it. Like, I tried....you just can't get rounds into the magazine while attached. So at that point, yeah, it's either illegal or you do something to make it no longer semi-auto. Take out the gas puck and plug so it just blows gas out the front? (Full disclosure: I have no idea how horribly unsafe that may or may not be)

stix213
08-08-2012, 10:56 AM
I wonder if a box magazine could be modified to load from its side? Create a door on the side of the magazine the size of a 12 gauge shell, add a rod sticking out the side connected to the follower. Open door, pull down rod to compress the spring, load shells, close door. Just thinking out loud I guess.

1911Operator
08-08-2012, 11:19 AM
can you just put the regular stock on it, with no pistol grip and use the regular mag release?

jonzer77
08-08-2012, 11:25 AM
can you just put the regular stock on it, with no pistol grip and use the regular mag release?

No because in CA it is a AW by simply being a semi auto shotgun and the Maglock makes it legal. If the maglock is illegal then so is the shotgun and several other rifles. My only suggestion if this law passes and there is no stay is to either store it out of state(Reno and Vegas have companies that specialize in this) or go on a boating trip and wait for the law to be struck down.

Fherot
08-08-2012, 11:27 AM
This is really sad bull**** how hard we're all trying to comply to the laws of uneducated farts imposing ridiculous laws on us. I wish every single good citizen who enjoyed the shooting sports / supported gun rights would just give them the middle finger and ignore this malarchy.

The population is alot bigger than the government, no gun crimes are committed by law-abiding people with bullet-buttoned 10-round rifles and now it's not good enough they think we're all murderers and robbers armed with Gatling guns.

Rant... rant...

I don't even have an AR or Saiga and it pisses me off.

bohoki
08-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I wonder if a box magazine could be modified to load from its side? Create a door on the side of the magazine the size of a 12 gauge shell, add a rod sticking out the side connected to the follower. Open door, pull down rod to compress the spring, load shells, close door. Just thinking out loud I guess.

yea i was thinking about some kind of method with the cammenga easymag

but once the front is pulled down on that the body can flex and it can detach

maybe some type of cable attached to the follower and a hole drilled in the front for say loading 223 mags but 12 ga has a big rim so those would be best loaded from the back

maybe a 10 round drum you can take the back off of

1911Operator
08-08-2012, 2:58 PM
Im thinking theres gonna be alot of crazy stuff going down if this law passes. I know theres gonna be alot of people thats not going to simply give up their guns..

jonzer77
08-08-2012, 3:03 PM
Im thinking theres gonna be alot of crazy stuff going down if this law passes. I know theres gonna be alot of people thats not going to simply give up their guns..

I predict A LOT of boating accidents :)

Dr Rockso
08-08-2012, 3:13 PM
On the off chance that SB 249 passes and successfully avoids the judiciary (IMO won't happen...it's an unconstitutional taking of property without compensation), I'd be keeping mine out of state.

bohoki
08-08-2012, 6:42 PM
On the off chance that SB 249 passes and successfully avoids the judiciary (IMO won't happen...it's an unconstitutional taking of property without compensation), I'd be keeping mine out of state.

they had no registration or buy back of nunchucks and ninja stars

Sam .223
08-08-2012, 7:17 PM
i looked at my AGP 10 rounders, i could remove the floor plate and follower and reload that way but i think it'd be easier to just make the gas system inoperable if the law is enacted.

Dr Rockso
08-08-2012, 9:34 PM
That's what happens when you don't have a nunchuck lobby.

Chief2Guns
08-08-2012, 10:26 PM

Silly, nunchucks and ninja stars are not protected under the Bill of Rights. This SB249 will not pass. If it does the Politicians would have committed treason against the Union, The State abd The People. They can't ban a weapon that is in common use, they can only restrict it.

GNE
08-09-2012, 12:34 AM
Are nunchuks and ninja stars not arms just as firearms are arms? Nowhere in the 2nd amendment does it say the right to bear arms is only the right to bear firearms.

But with regards to the Saiga 12, you'd have to either make it so the magazine could not be removed without actually disassembling the firearm or render the shotgun no longer a semi-auto.

saki302
08-09-2012, 3:42 AM
Worst case, remove the gas piston, and it will no longer function is semi auto.

If you get tired of blowing crap back into the action, the PSL gas block mod may work- they tap the gas block for a set screw, but drill gas apertures of smaller sizes to control flow. In this case, you'd just tap it and install a solid set screw to block the gas flow.

-Dave

Mana4real
08-09-2012, 9:05 AM
The problem I have is that they are slowly chipping away at our rights. They keep bring up 100 round drums and 30 round magazines when you can't buy them in California anymore. I'm just sick of them talking about an old issue that's already been handled to pass a new one. That's not right. But people don't know the law, so the politicians are playing on the people's ignorance and emotions.

stix213
08-09-2012, 11:18 AM
yea i was thinking about some kind of method with the cammenga easymag

but once the front is pulled down on that the body can flex and it can detach

maybe some type of cable attached to the follower and a hole drilled in the front for say loading 223 mags but 12 ga has a big rim so those would be best loaded from the back

maybe a 10 round drum you can take the back off of

Oh good idea with the drum. I already have a 10 round drum I can experiment with if the governor signs this.

I've sent repeated messages to JB asking him to put pressure on this to not hit his desk, or worst case to veto it. With how he handled being attorney general I think he would be more inclined to veto this bill, but the bad AW press from the Colorado shooting complicates things for him politically I'm sure.

stix213
08-09-2012, 11:21 AM
This is really sad bull**** how hard we're all trying to comply to the laws of uneducated farts imposing ridiculous laws on us. I wish every single good citizen who enjoyed the shooting sports / supported gun rights would just give them the middle finger and ignore this malarchy.

The population is alot bigger than the government, no gun crimes are committed by law-abiding people with bullet-buttoned 10-round rifles and now it's not good enough they think we're all murderers and robbers armed with Gatling guns.

Rant... rant...

I don't even have an AR or Saiga and it pisses me off.

The problem is if discovered this won't be spun in the context of a good guy standing up to totalitarian overreach, but instead a crazy gun nut with illegal assault weapons that everyone should be happy is behind bars.

POLICESTATE
08-09-2012, 11:27 AM
The problem is if discovered this won't be spun in the context of a good guy standing up to totalitarian overreach, but instead a crazy gun nut with illegal assault weapons that everyone should be happy is behind bars.

Or dead in a large ditch along with the rest of the dangerous undesirables.

You watch, the same people who now say "violence is never the answer" will turn to violence because it will be the only way to get rid of the people who will never join into their perfect society. And it will be because those dissidents will be the ones holding up progress. Enemies of the state!

zfields
08-09-2012, 11:31 AM
I got some extra room in my safe if anyone needs me to hold on to their s12s. Only a small fee ;)

Sent from my fingers, to your face.

Sicarius
08-09-2012, 1:23 PM
Deleted.
Kevin

Rock6.3
08-09-2012, 1:32 PM
How about DELETED TO AVOID AID AND COMFORT TO THE ENEMY... would that fly?
Kevin

How about 'let's fight this bill now'.
And only if that fight is lost, then work on figuring out a work around.

Editing your post to remove information that would aid our enemy would be a great help to the cause.

Slim///
08-10-2012, 7:31 AM
Probably sell it out of state. Id destroy it myself before id turn it in

GeoInSD
08-10-2012, 9:32 AM
I only found out about SB249 earlier this week from the FFL I use. To me, the issue here isn't just guns. To me, it is just another assault on our freedoms and property rights. The Marxists don't believe in personal freedom or personal property rights. The supposed political party of tolerance is OK with forcing their views on everyone.

SB249 must be fought tooth and nail. The gun aspect of it is only a small part of the issue. SB249 is only one small step in the long term goal of relieving the citizenry of its personal freedoms including property rights.

email
08-10-2012, 9:39 AM
I love these kinds of posts.

What will I do when they ban mashed potatoes.... maybe I'll make them into hash browns?

Sicarius
08-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Sorry but hash browns will be banned first since they are fried...
Kevin

bohoki
08-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Sorry but hash browns will be banned first since they are fried...
Kevin

they better not ban my tots
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xwAqq-Wk4S8/TI7rzZ3WipI/AAAAAAAAClk/C9mrmj0fmRg/s1600/TaterTots_Large.jpg