PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Leland Yee claims CalGuns.net is posting racist attacks against him

Pages : [1] 2

DVSmith
08-07-2012, 3:49 PM
I have yet to see that here and I know that the mods would not allow that kind of post if brought to their attention. I am dissapointed that Senator Yee would outright lie about this board and its members.

In response, gun rights activists have flooded Yee with racist calls and comments, about 99 percent of which are from outside the San Francisco district, according to Yee's office. Others -- via Twitter, Facebook, Calguns.net, AR15.com, AroundTheCapitol.com and other sites -- have posted offensive photos and comments, including racist caricatures of Asians. Yee was born in China and came to the United States when he was 3.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/07/sb-249-ca-sen-leland-yee-gun-control-bill_n_1752190.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

em9sredbeam
08-07-2012, 3:54 PM
Stop the planet, I want off. I am getting so sick of all this crap.

nick
08-07-2012, 3:58 PM
Well, if you have nothing else go use, use the race card. Yee is disgusting in his willfull dishonesty, but, sadly, far from unique in that among our politicians.

DrDavid
08-07-2012, 3:58 PM
When you're losing a debate, you start drawing the race card; from the bottom of the deck.

donw
08-07-2012, 4:08 PM
there are a lot of "Less than flattering" remarks about Sen Yee, but i have yet to see a "Racial" attack on him personally...

desparate people do desparate things...

all the remarks i've read attest to inabilities and inadequacies as a legtislator...

i say KEEP THE PRESSURE ON HIM...but no racisim (IF it was ever present)...he's like harry reid...blowing off his mouth with NO PROOF. again...desparate man...

RRangel
08-07-2012, 4:15 PM
You know what they say? If you're taking flak(albeit preposterous) you're right over the target. Gun owners should keep up the pressure.

tpc13
08-07-2012, 4:26 PM
I recall another politician (attorney general) playing the race card also. That quickly ended.

Bobula
08-07-2012, 4:33 PM
I'd be claiming deformation if I were Kes. Those kind of unfounded comments could lose sponsored ads.

Kestryll
08-07-2012, 4:37 PM
I'd be claiming deformation if I were Kes. Those kind of unfounded comments could lose sponsored ads.

That is something I will be looking at tonight.

On the plus side they did spell the name right!

Bobula
08-07-2012, 4:40 PM
Good Kes! I personally know this websites admins do not allow anything close to racism.

On a side note if 249 passes think there'd be a legal basis to personally sue Yee for either the cost of the bullet button or for new "compliance" parts (ex; featureless)

Santa Cruz Armory
08-07-2012, 4:42 PM

We cant have CG getting "deformed" now. ;)

Give em hell guys!

five.five-six
08-07-2012, 4:43 PM
Sen. Leland Yee claims CalGuns.net is posting racist attacks against him

I was unaware that "oligarchy" was a race :confused:

glbtrottr
08-07-2012, 4:47 PM
Yee is not stupid because he's Chinese. He's stupid because he, and his staff (like Adam) are stupid, continuing to draft unconstitutional legislature and continuing their onslaught to prevent citizens from defending themselves.

Shame on them.

five.five-six
08-07-2012, 4:48 PM
Yee is not stupid because he's Chinese. He's stupid because he, and his staff (like Adam) are stupid, continuing to draft unconstitutional legislature and continuing their onslaught to prevent citizens from defending themselves.

Shame on them.

He is denying Californians our civil rights. Let me be clear, this is a civil rights issue.

NoJoke
08-07-2012, 4:49 PM
Hey, it's free advertising.

Thousands will flock with the intent of reading a bunch of inflammatory posts and intending a declarations of WAR!

...then their emotional desires will soon deflate, with facts and a lack of FUD here.

Heck, they MIGHT even take the time to realize that there are GOOD guys with GOOD intentions and desperately simply want to protect self and family. That these laws DO NOT affect bad guys - EVER!

They might calm down and realize that the 2nd amendment is timeless and one of the best amendments ever written - for good reason, for good people. And understand, "shall not be infringed"

ProlificARProspect
08-07-2012, 4:49 PM
Does He not know that were compose of Asians, Latinos, American Indian, black, brown, white, gay, straight, conservative, liberal.:facepalm:

Yee hola amigo! Si soy Latino y tengo familia China por casamiento, como es que somos racistas?:oji:

RazzB7
08-07-2012, 4:52 PM
I would not stoop to racist attacks against Yee or Keigwin, that would be a civil rights violation. Kinda like taking away someone's 2nd Amendment rights. Hmmmm, more thought needed.

mosinnagantm9130
08-07-2012, 4:52 PM

:thumbsup:

Give them hell!

OlderThanDirt
08-07-2012, 4:54 PM

I've seen Kes and I don't think deformation is an issue. However, there could be a case made for defamation.

P5Ret
08-07-2012, 4:54 PM
Let me see if I understand his reasoning (probably not). I can propose laws that effect the entire state, but only people in my district should call my office to complain about it. Oh and if you don't like it you must be a racist. Funny I heard the same thing a few years ago, if you don't vote for someone your a racist. Heaven forbid it should be something as simple as I don't like his ideals.

POLICESTATE
08-07-2012, 4:55 PM
Ah the race card right from the very outset. What a racist! Shame on you Mr. Yee! Shame on you!

m03
08-07-2012, 5:01 PM
Does He not know that were compose of Asians, Latinos, American Indian, black, brown, white, gay, straight, conservative, liberal.:facepalm:

This.

Sue him into the stone age.

Bobula
08-07-2012, 5:02 PM
Freaking auto correct!

zvardan
08-07-2012, 5:03 PM
Any publicity is good publicity. King Yee can eat it.

hornswaggled
08-07-2012, 5:08 PM
hmm, well I'm Chinese-American. so this is awkward

Bangzoom
08-07-2012, 5:09 PM
anybody surprised he is lying????

XD40SUBBIE
That's the same comment he made when this bill passed the Public Safety Committee. Adam wrote the article in their website. I've never seen anything here that's remotely racist against anyone, nonetheless our current public enemy number one.

I echo the comments, Yee et Al. on the opposition are nitwits that are trying to take away our liberties and not to mention our property without just cause or reason.

As for Yee's character and morality:

check this out: http://www.sfweekly.com/2011-07-20/news/leland-yee-record-mayor-crimes-report-matt-smith/

zombiescanlearn
Is Calguns going to reply to his claim? We're being defamed here!

wurger
08-07-2012, 5:10 PM
I'm a little confused why Yee and his minions keep whining about calls from outside his district. Will SB249 only apply to the chumps who voted him in? I'm pretty sure it applies to everyone in CA, that's kind of why we all are fighting.

Bangzoom
08-07-2012, 5:13 PM
Omg...so if somebody did say something "racist" and I know the mods would delete it since thats against the rules...that would mean we are all racist??? i mean COME ON!!!!! i was just telling my dad what an idiot he is and now he goes and says this???

1BigPea
08-07-2012, 5:14 PM
Let me see if I understand his reasoning (probably not). I can propose laws that effect the entire state, but only people in my district should call my office to complain about it. Oh and if you don't like it you must be a racist. Funny I heard the same thing a few years ago, if you don't vote for someone your a racist. Heaven forbid it should be something as simple as I don't like his ideals.

This, he's trying to pass a bill that effects ALL of CA but he only will take calls from his district! LMAO. OK then.

POLICESTATE
08-07-2012, 5:15 PM
This, he's trying to pass a bill that effects ALL of CA but he only will take calls from his district! LMAO. OK then.

If he can't take the heat he should get out of the kitchen.

Bruceisontarget
08-07-2012, 5:22 PM
I've seen no racist attacks on the Senator here on Calguns... none... whatsoever. The mods must be doing an outstanding job or there are no racists here. Just despertion showing from the Yee camp.

ProlificARProspect
08-07-2012, 5:24 PM
We need the Vietnamese community to get into this, as they did back in 1999 when they had the Ho Chi Minh photo controversy. They are one of the most patriotic and anti-communist communities in California. :79:

"Angry protesters have been picketing Lam's business since March 12, saying he didn't stand with the Vietnamese American community during the controversy over a shopkeeper's display of the Communist flag in Little Saigon."
http://articles.latimes.com/1999/may/22/local/me-39860

good ole times when backing communism would put public office seats in jeopardy.

Yee is trying to take our guns, just like communist China.

2nd Shot
08-07-2012, 5:24 PM
On the topic of racism, didn't GUN CONTROL in this great state start out as ways to keep Chinese, Mexican, and any other minorities disarmed and on uneven footing? Is anybody else seeing the extreme irony here? What do his Chinese (and every other Asian race, for that matter) constituents think about this? I wonder if some outreach via people within the SF Asian community is in order?

Before anybody gets any feathers ruffled, I'm actually half Chinese myself. :cool:

zvardan
08-07-2012, 5:27 PM
I can't be a racist, Asian girls are hot. :)

five.five-six
08-07-2012, 5:27 PM
I've seen no racist attacks on the Senator here on Calguns... none... whatsoever. The mods must be doing an outstanding job or there are no racists here. Just despertion showing from the Yee camp.

well, Our mods suck... so it's not that.

If there are racists here, they are keeping it a secret from me.

jimh
08-07-2012, 5:28 PM
is calling someone a commie bastard racist?

HowardW56
08-07-2012, 5:32 PM
When you're losing a debate, you start drawing the race card; from the bottom of the deck.

Doesn't Al Sharpton teach classes on race relation, with an emphasis on self dealing...

robcoe
08-07-2012, 5:33 PM
Last time I checked, moron, idiot, retard, dumb***, dumb**** and publicity whore were not races.

im2ninja4u
08-07-2012, 5:33 PM
On the topic of racism, didn't GUN CONTROL in this great state start out as ways to keep Chinese, Mexican, and any other minorities disarmed and on uneven footing? Is anybody else seeing the extreme irony here? What do his Chinese (and every other Asian race, for that matter) constituents think about this? I wonder if some outreach via people within the SF Asian community is in order?

Before anybody gets any feathers ruffled, I'm actually half Chinese myself. :cool:

My Parents sided with the Americans during Vietnam. When my dad got his green card, the first thing he went out and bought was a Rossi 357 mag because he remembered how helpless he and his village were when the NVA came looking for the resistance.

zvardan
08-07-2012, 5:34 PM
For yee...people who are told truths they dislike often get the most upset.

five.five-six
08-07-2012, 5:34 PM
is calling someone a commie bastard racist?

No, it's just in very poor form.

RANGER295
08-07-2012, 5:35 PM

If there are racists here, they are keeping it a secret from me.

Thank you for your vote of confidence...

five.five-six
08-07-2012, 5:38 PM
My Parents sided with the Americans during Vietnam. When my dad got his green card, the first thing he went out and bought was a Rossi 357 mag because he remembered how helpless he and his village were when the NVA came looking for the resistance.

That could never happen here, we have the government to protect us, and they would never violate the bill of rights..... Oh, wait, that's EXACTLY what Sen. Yee is attempting :facepalm:

GMG
08-07-2012, 5:40 PM
I've seen Kes and I don't think deformation is an issue. However, there could be a case made for defamation.

FOFL !!!!!!!!!!

Bad Voodoo
08-07-2012, 5:40 PM
Well, if you have nothing else go use, use the race card. Yee is disgusting in his willfull dishonesty, but, sadly, far from unique in that among our politicians.

Perfected by the extreme left during the last 10 years.

five.five-six
08-07-2012, 5:45 PM
Thank you for your vote of confidence...

Oh crap... did I say that out loud :eek:

what I meant to say is that you guys do a great job, but if racism was prevalent on calguns there is no way it could be suddenly "moderated out" of 100,000 members. Racism is just not something that one sees in the 2nd amendment community all that often.

Casey
08-07-2012, 5:47 PM
Same bull that DeLeon used when he was defending his ammo bill.

Mr Yee please tell the committee about your bill.

Uhhh... this should pass because the opposition is being mean to me and they are RACISITS!

Thank you Mr Yee. All in favor....

fred40
08-07-2012, 5:50 PM
Calguns is made up of every race in California. Sounds like Yee has a dislike for 2nd amendment supporters.

morfeeis
08-07-2012, 5:52 PM
Shocking, an anti gunner twisted facts and lied. Who would have thunk it.......

Cali-Shooter
08-07-2012, 5:55 PM
The race card, an ugly ugly weapon. Is there any way we can pull it on them too?

How about a reminder that it doesn't matter what your race is, anyone can be "racist?"

Or maybe we can insinuate that the Demos such as Yee are 200% against the idea of a middle class, constitutionalist, Free-America advocating people that have a right to life and to protect it.

VectorScalar
08-07-2012, 5:58 PM
I took a look at the 'evidence' of rampant racism that was linked to in the article...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4202347346466&set=o.440578565963686&type=3&theater

.....yeah, uhm, no.

Massan
08-07-2012, 5:59 PM
Hmm, would me being a 1st generation Chinese-American that's serving in the military calling him a traitor be racist?

Bad Voodoo
08-07-2012, 5:59 PM
Calguns is made up of every race in California. Sounds like Yee has a dislike for 2nd amendment supporters.

And, I'd venture to guess, more Asians than any other global lineage.

ProlificARProspect
08-07-2012, 6:04 PM
blah
We have members of all walks, shapes and flavors. We are California gun owners and a reflection of our society, what exactly do you expect?

I don't know what racist comments you are referring to, but all the calgunners I met personally have been stand up guys.

Gun ownership is not exclusive to one demographic group, nor is Calguns.net.

FairfaxCA
08-07-2012, 6:07 PM
We have members of all walks, shapes and flavors. We are California gun owners and a reflection of our society, what exactly do you expect?

I don't know what racist comments you are referring to, but all the calgunners I met personally have been stand up guys.

Hey, Just sayin

five.five-six
08-07-2012, 6:09 PM
Yikes! Did I just say that? I better get into my flame proof undies quick!

Do you have some sort of special glasses that allow you to see things other people can't?

ETA, does this post sound racist to you? Serious question.

RT13
08-07-2012, 6:10 PM
Why am I not surprised that the idiot is playing the race card. He should know that there are ALOT of Calgunners that are of Asian decent including Chinese. I'm sure he's had some racial comments but he's blaming it all on Calguns, the one that poses the biggest threat to him and his idiotic agenda. Maybe the caricatures being posted of him should including his dirty past like him stealing in Hawaii then running from the authorities, or him and his prostitute run ins. Maybe the media should know his history.

dantodd
08-07-2012, 6:12 PM
I have seen some, very few, comments that were bordering on racism; "go back to China" and the like. They re relatively few and hopefully get moderated out. They do not reflect well on a community I am proud to be a part of.

vantec08
08-07-2012, 6:12 PM
The ONLY purpose of dropping the race card is to end debate, give the dropper the Last Word. Sorry bout that Yee, you havent begun to hear it all yet.

five.five-six
08-07-2012, 6:13 PM

Give it up, we've been trolled.

Capybara
08-07-2012, 6:14 PM
If we know those things about Yee, where do you think we learned them from? Right, the media. They know about it but he gets the media "pass" on his indiscretions because his views align with the views of the media, disarm, disarm, disarm.

FairfaxCA
08-07-2012, 6:14 PM
Do you have some sort of special glasses that allow you to see things other people can't?

ETA, does this post sound racist to you? Serious question.

Actually I do, Yes, I have special glasses. :rolleyes:

five.five-six
08-07-2012, 6:22 PM
Actually I do, Yes, I have special glasses. :rolleyes:

Serious question, was my post racist in your special glasses?

stitchnicklas
08-07-2012, 6:25 PM
I say ... Retreat hell!

OlderThanDirt
08-07-2012, 6:27 PM
Hmm, would me being a 1st generation Chinese-American that's serving in the military calling him a traitor be racist?

The PRC recognizes 56 ethnic groups in China. So, it's possible.

Clownpuncher
08-07-2012, 6:28 PM

Shame on them.

I disagree. I don't think he is stupid. As far as gun rights I think he has a myopic view based on the district that he comes from. I also think that by calling us all racists and saying (incorrectly as far as I have seen) we are making racist comments he will gain sympathy from others who have a myopic view and he may even be angling to get homeland security involved with all of these "fringe, racist, gun groups".
People who don't know or people who are indifferent are more likely to be sympathetic to him and his cause if he paints us all with that broad brush, especially given what just happened in Wisconsin.
While I think he is a deplorable, lying politician who never passed up an opportunity to exploit his agenda, he is far from stupid.

chris
08-07-2012, 6:30 PM
looks like this is really getting to him to resort to this kind of stuff. read it and weep Sen Yee. we know that you are a dishonest person and have no business being a Senator in this state read that Sen. Yee. i hope that your bill is defeated and never brought up again sadly that won't be the truth there either.

FairfaxCA
08-07-2012, 6:33 PM
Serious question, was my post racist in your special glasses?

No, It wasn't. I was responding to this..
"Omg...so if somebody did say something "racist" and I know the mods would delete it since thats against the rules..."

The fact is, Racist things are posted all the time and then removed.
Yee has a point, it's on top of his head, but he's got a point.

Sgt Raven
08-07-2012, 6:34 PM
This just SOP for Yee and his Staff, they pull out the race card every time someone opposes him. :rolleyes:

Dreaded Claymore
08-07-2012, 6:36 PM
If there have been racist attacks made against Senator Yee, they've been deleted before I saw them, or they've been in the Off-Topic Lounge where I almost never go. Racist remarks against someone, in addition to being wrong, also hurt our efforts for just laws. I hope everyone will call out racism if they see it. Use that little red and white triangle in the upper right corner!

Something I find particularly amusing is this:
Others -- via Twitter, Facebook, Calguns.net, AR15.com, AroundTheCapitol.com and other sites -- have posted offensive photos and comments, including racist caricatures of Asians
Again, I can't speak for Twitter, Facebook, AR15.com, AroundTheCapitol.com, or even all of Calguns.net, but all the images that I've seen have simply been Yee's own photographs of himself. If those are the images the HuffPost article is talking about, they're accusing Yee of portraying himself as a racist caricature. :rofl:

AAShooter
08-07-2012, 6:37 PM
Does Yee have a carry permit?

five.five-six
08-07-2012, 6:38 PM
"Omg...so if somebody did say something "racist" and I know the mods would delete it since thats against the rules..."

So, with your "special glasses" that's racist? Perhaps you should have not stopped taking your special pills :thumbsup:

1911Operator
08-07-2012, 6:40 PM
when all else fails... turn it into a race thing..

rero360
08-07-2012, 6:41 PM
I have seen some, very few, comments that were bordering on racism; "go back to China" and the like. They re relatively few and hopefully get moderated out. They do not reflect well on a community I am proud to be a part of.

Well, I read that he moved to the states from China when he was three, so someone saying he should move back there can't really be racist, I mean that would be like you telling me I should move back to NY since I came from there.

But if someone were to say something like "so in so must not be able to read the BOR because they are ___ and you know how it is with their ____" then yeah, that would racist, and frankly retarded.

FairfaxCA
08-07-2012, 6:43 PM
So, with your "special glasses" that's racist? Perhaps you should have not stopped taking your special pills :thumbsup:
I just told you "No, It wasn't."
Maybe YOU need glasses.

Dreaded Claymore
08-07-2012, 6:44 PM

I think the point is, some personal attacks are racist, but even ad hominem attacks that are not racist still detract from our credibility.

five.five-six
08-07-2012, 6:53 PM
I just told you "No, It wasn't."
Maybe YOU need glasses.

You need to make up your mind, what were the racist post you see all over calguns? You and Leland seem to be the only ones that can see them so help us out :thumbsup:

00Medic
08-07-2012, 6:57 PM
This just SOP for Yee and his Staff, they pull out the race card every time someone opposes him. :rolleyes:

BINGO!!! This should surprise no one.

SOP.

FairfaxCA
08-07-2012, 7:04 PM
You need to make up your mind, what were the racist post you see all over calguns? You and Leland seem to be the only ones that can see them so help us out :thumbsup:

You're just being Ignorant, go back and read what I posted.
It's no wonder you can't see the racism posted on Calguns, your reading comprehension is minimal at best.

kiloechovictor
08-07-2012, 7:38 PM
When I was in the third grade, I got spat on and called half the derogatory names for Asians by a bunch of thugnificent gangsters in front of my mother. What's your point, Mr. Yee?

Calguns is moderated, even more so now with SB249 in current events. I've yet to see any overt jabs at Chinese people, and if there are any, who cares? Boohoo, people are saying shtuff on the internet =(

It never was a question of race. It still isn't. This is a policy issue. Yes, there are some sh*tty people out there, but that's planet earth. Welcome to it. Playing the race card when you've no way to dislodge the opposition through logic and empirical evidence is childish. Adorable, even. That's all you guys got?

Cut it out.

five.five-six
08-07-2012, 7:38 PM
You're just being Ignorant, go back and read what I posted.
It's no wonder you can't see the racism posted on Calguns, your reading comprehension is minimal at best.

I read what you wrote, and you said you saw racism everywhere on calguns..so, what was the racism you saw?. Because you and Leland Yee seem to be the only people that can see it.

Stop being obstinate and just answer the question.

javalos
08-07-2012, 8:20 PM
Yee,
We are not racist, we are pissed off that you are blatantly attacking our Civil Rights rights and blame us for ever criminal that does something wrong when we have not hurt anyone and just want to ventilate a paper target and just plain want to be left alone with a harmless hobby.

If you would champion the Second Amendment and push to over turn semi-auto bans in this state, we would love you, we would have a picture of you on our computer desktops.

Rusty Scabbard
08-07-2012, 8:24 PM
Not surprising Yee would pull the race card. He is seeing significant, informed opposition to his bill that he thought would make him the most popular guy in Sacramento. And he is frustrated. But charges of racism appeal to his base, and such charges often gather support or are automatically assumed to be true when the opposition is considered to be conservative or "right wing". It's scary to me that this sort of thing gets traction so well in America. Look at how the Tea Party, Minutemen, Ground Zero Mosque opponents, voter ID supporters and others are constantly facing attempts to marginalize them with charges of racism. Then the facts of the issues can't be intelligently debated anymore. The strategy works perfectly when the argument is weak.
And many thanks to the moderators and vast majority of members of Calguns who keep things on the high road. Anything to support such charges as Mr. Yee just made would be a great disservice us all.

mconrad
08-07-2012, 8:29 PM
Yes, There were Racist comments made on many threads, and yes they were deleted but not before I saw them and anyone else monitoring the Yee/SB249 threads.
Calguns is chocked full of racists.
I see it daily.
Why lie about it?
Calguns looks so bad because of it too.
Guns and Racism not a good combo.

Yikes! Did I just say that? I better get into my flame proof undies quick!

I've served with every race, creed and color imaginable. I knew great people and I knew fools. Fools use strawman arguments or charges of 'racist' because that's all they have, and for thirty years it worked. Your argument is a cliche, and you confirmed my opinion that your position is emotional, not logical or rational. You are a fool.

acolytes
08-07-2012, 8:39 PM
I'm asian, and I think Yee is a fool. Is that racist?

DrDavid
08-07-2012, 8:51 PM
Somehow, the screams of racist while simultaneously trying to take away my civil rights, reminds me of this cartoon...

http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/files/2008/01/addiscartoon1.jpg

chris
08-07-2012, 8:53 PM

being a fool crosses all racial boundries.

zombiescanlearn
08-07-2012, 8:56 PM
I've served with every race, creed and color imaginable. I knew great people and I knew fools. Fools use strawman arguments or charges of 'racist' because that's all they have, and for thirty years it worked. Your argument is a cliche, and you confirmed my opinion that your position is emotional, not logical or rational. You are a fool.
+1 well said.

zombiescanlearn
08-07-2012, 8:59 PM

I'm Asian, but I do think Yee should go back to China to work on some anti knife legislation. That might be racist :p

I'm just kidding before someone takes this out of context.

ldivinag
08-07-2012, 9:07 PM
anyone knows where to pick up hookers in san fran???

oh wait...

;)

FalconLair
08-07-2012, 9:16 PM
Senator Yee has been the victim of racist attacks, on Twitter, FaceBook for sure, only not by Calguns, he just took the opportunity to add you guys into the mix

I highly doubt Senator Yee has even been on the Calgun forums

Rob7.62
08-07-2012, 9:18 PM
It's what hardcore liberals do when they are cornered. Have nothing intelligent to say throw out the race card to distract people from the issue at hand. He is anti civil rights and has a severely skewed way of thinking that honestly most people outside of San Francisco can see right through. I know I speak for most here when I say it doesn't matter what race , religion or sexual preference you have a friend of the second amendment is a friend of mine.

Socal858
08-07-2012, 9:25 PM
he would be surprised if he knew how many chinese people were on this board, especially those of us who immigrated to escape communism. it's no surprise we all think he is a moron

Carsgunsandchics
08-07-2012, 9:30 PM
he just took the opportunity to add you guys into the mix

Who is the "You Guys"? Are you not one of us? Or special? :D

IETonyR
08-07-2012, 9:31 PM
Perhaps, Yee including us to the list, will get the ones who are unsure or in the middle, a reason to take a look at CGN and try to find the racist comments. Worst that can happen is they find nothing and move on. Best is, they do some reading and find out the truth of Yee and his mission to strip us of our rights. Sometimes there is good in the bad. We can only hope his comments will get those interested enought to do a little reading and find out how bad his bill really is. There are those, as stated, that lead with emotions and you cannot convince them that they are wrong, no matter how hard you try. We need to get to the ones who have not made a decision, one way or the other. Perhaps we need to direct comments on those articles to try to find the "racist" comments.

SWalt
08-07-2012, 9:41 PM
Calguns is full of every race, creed and color and the full political spectrum. Defamation doesn't even cover Mr Yee's allegation.

I wonder if Mr Yee ever thought how many millions of lives could have been saved if China had a 2nd Amendment prior to Mao's "Cultural Revolution" instead of a completely disarmed citizenry? Which brings up a question, did Mr Yee's parents flee China so to have actual civil rights and raise him so he could enjoy those rights? Apparently Mr Yee doesn't understand our rights came at a high cost and not to be taken lightly.

Mendo223
08-07-2012, 9:45 PM
CALGUNS SHOULD EXTEND AN OLIVE BRANCH AND SINCERE PROFESSIONAL CHANCE TO SIT DOWN AND TALK WITH ADAM OR LELAND..

seriously, they call us racist gun nuts...but what if we showed up in suits, at a nice coffee shop or something, and sit down and have a civil conversation where we can illustrate how much is wrong with their legislation...

that way, no matter how much they rant and rave about "racist" and gun nuts...CALGUNS can always say that "hey we extended a polite greeting to you to sit down in a civil matter and discuss this"

if he denies whatever...its the thought that counts.

POLICESTATE
08-07-2012, 9:46 PM
The folks who post on in the Huff Post comments are some pretty mean people. Wow! I thought we had some real internet bad asses here, I was wrong.

One of them threatened to run me over with his car! :eek:

jaslyn
764 Fans
5 hours ago ( 8:08 PM)
question for gun owners : do responsible gun owners agree or disagree with this, do you need the ability to reload quickly?
POLICE STATE
0 Fans
5 hours ago ( 8:14 PM)
Responsible drivers: do you need the ability to drive quickly? Let's put speed governors on all cars to keep the speed to 70mph max. Or better yet, let's reduce to 55mph to help reduce waste.
Permalink | Share it

hontoon
165 Fans
4 hours ago ( 8:39 PM)
Sounds good to me.Would you mind stepping out in front of me when I'm doing 55 mph and see if that will kill you.

Mendo223
08-07-2012, 9:47 PM
that way no matter how much they try to lie in the media....we can always have our last say in the news article.

"senator yees comments that CGF was directing racist attacks are outright lies. here is a copy of a letter we sent asking to sit down in a professional civilized environment to talk about how both sides can work to make sure bad laws are not written. Senator Yee declined our cordial invite and obviously has no interest in discussing this legislation with concerned california voters. "

vincewarde
08-07-2012, 9:47 PM
Same bull that DeLeon used when he was defending his ammo bill.

Mr Yee please tell the committee about your bill.

Uhhh... this should pass because the opposition is being mean to me and they are RACISITS!

Thank you Mr Yee. All in favor....

They have to make this about emotion, racism, conservatism - anything except the facts. The last thing they want to talk about is the fact that while the Supreme Court is affirming that gun rights are civil rights, they are busy passing new and more restrictive laws every year.

Who cares if California has to spend tons of money it does not have to defend new laws that are almost certainly unconstitutional. These people remind me of the racists who tried to stop the civil rights movement - except they are worse. Even the racists who used to run sothern states were not so bold as to pass new segregation laws as SCOTUS was striking them down.

One can only hope that at some point in the future, people like Sen. Yee - who think violating civil rights is acceptable when they are gun rights - will have to pay for their actions in the same way if they violated any other civil right.

ZirconJohn
08-07-2012, 9:49 PM

This ^^^ is the first and final fact...!!!

Librarian could have closed this thread using his famous "asked and answered" with this response... it's spot on.

frankm
08-07-2012, 9:53 PM
that way no matter how much they try to lie in the media....we can always have our last say in the news article.

"senator yees comments that CGF was directing racist attacks are outright lies. here is a copy of a letter we sent asking to sit down in a professional civilized environment to talk about how both sides can work to make sure bad laws are not written. Senator Yee declined our cordial invite and obviously has no interest in discussing this legislation with concerned california voters. "

Sounds like libel to me.

XD40SUBBIE
08-07-2012, 9:57 PM
I'm not a racist, I'm a Yee-ist.

kaligaran
08-07-2012, 9:58 PM
He has received racial slurs. Specifically voice mails. I know they were playing one of them on the news one evening a few weeks back. It was pretty bad.

Has he had a lot of them? Who knows.
Are they from Calguns members? Who knows.

I personally haven't seen any racial slurs on calguns.net's forums.

Since racism is rampant in every culture around the world, I wouldn't be surprised if there has been and they were promptly deleted by a mod. That's not saying anything bad about Calguns.

When you get this many people in one community, you get the idiots that say and do stupid things.
It's not a reflection on the entire community but the old saying 'one bad apple...' applies.

XD40SUBBIE
08-07-2012, 10:01 PM
He has received racial slurs. Specifically voice mails. I know they were playing one of them on the news one evening a few weeks back. It was pretty bad.

Has he had a lot of them? Who knows.
Are they from Calguns members? Who knows.

I personally haven't seen any racial slurs on calguns.net's forums.

Since racism is rampant in every culture around the world, I wouldn't be surprised if there has been and they were promptly deleted by a mod. That's not saying anything bad about Calguns.

When you get this many people in one community, you get the idiots that say and do stupid things.
It's not a reflection on the entire community but the old saying 'one bad apple...' applies.

Also when you threaten to take away private property and civil liberties from even "good" people without just cause or even a reasonable one - they have a tendency to get angry and react without thinking first...just like Yee did...who will mod him?

postal
08-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Well, since I'm half Japanese, half mutt.... (typical American "whitey") born and raised in California... I think sen yee should consider the simple fact that his heritage is of zero concern to me.

However his commie pinko socialist ways- I have a very serious problem with. I would insult him at EVERY SINGLE OPPORTUNITY ON EVERY SINGLE LEVEL ***except*** his race. That has zero bearing with me, and I wouldnt 'go there'. But pay close attention to the rest of it you socialist sl***B*LL

P5Ret
08-07-2012, 10:03 PM
And I thought I would make it to Friday before being called a racist. At least I'm in a good crowd.

DisgruntledReaper
08-07-2012, 10:32 PM
Well i have been looking up some definitions of words that in my opinion describe what the actions of Mr YEE (said with a sneer and no hint of respect) basically amount to, of course there is wiggle room BUT definitions and interpretations of the following describe his actions-

Extortion

Treason

Coercion

possible racketeering(the 'civil actions and subsequent fines)

Robbery and thievery(our firearms STOLEN from us through 'public nuisance' confiscations without any form of reimbursements...and the various agencies would probably 'attain new weapons' )

Conspiracy against the citizens of the USA and residents of California

Reckless Endangerment- endangering the lives of California residents by making them criminals and exposing them (us) to criminal persecution,jail time, possible violent encounters with police and other LE agencies, etc

Abuse of powers of some level.

and I am sure there are more I can list...

And if these are 'racist comments' then well if the shoe fits.

Also, ALL the legislators who SUPPORT this ludicrous undertaking are ALL GUILTY of the same CRIMES and are all accomplices...

There I kept it nice....

postal
08-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Calguns is full of every race, creed and color and the full political spectrum. Defamation doesn't even cover Mr Yee's allegation.

I wonder if Mr Yee ever thought how many millions of lives could have been saved if China had a 2nd Amendment prior to Mao's "Cultural Revolution" instead of a completely disarmed citizenry? Which brings up a question, did Mr Yee's parents flee China so to have actual civil rights and raise him so he could enjoy those rights? Apparently Mr Yee doesn't understand our rights came at a high cost and not to be taken lightly.

Well said.:cheers2:

Seems clear to me he spent to much time in 'la la land' (bay area) and was brainwashed- probably doesnt understand his own cultural history, and pretends it never happened.

DannyInSoCal
08-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Since when is PROVING someone is ignorant of facts and delusional in agenda racist?

Ten Rounder
08-07-2012, 11:22 PM
Word on the streets there's a $150,000 reward for the hooker(s) that can get him in a compromising position with photos.

Gryff
08-07-2012, 11:23 PM

True that. He must have had a talk with Willie Brown recently.

Ten Rounder
08-07-2012, 11:28 PM
This is a british tabloid fwihbt

5thgen4runner
08-07-2012, 11:32 PM
He is denying Californians our civil rights. Let me be clear, this is a civil rights issue.

Yes end of story. I don't get how people forget that, or plainly ignore it.

5thgen4runner
08-07-2012, 11:36 PM

Yep using the race card is a good way to end a debate and think you won. Perfect for the masses it makes them "feel" better.

Im ready to move to mars.

POLICESTATE
08-07-2012, 11:38 PM
Word on the streets there's a $150,000 reward for the hooker(s) that can get him in a compromising position with photos.

Wouldn't be enough for an elected representative from SF. Even a pic of him with coke on his face and a needle full of junk in his arm wouldn't be enough. You'd have to get one of him smoking a tobacco cigarette, holding an EBR and kissing a picture of Ronald Reagan to get his constituency to remove him.

Full Clip
08-07-2012, 11:41 PM
I'm a little confused why Yee and his minions keep whining about calls from outside his district. Will SB249 only apply to the chumps who voted him in? I'm pretty sure it applies to everyone in CA, that's kind of why we all are fighting.

Exactly fracking right.

Ubermcoupe
08-07-2012, 11:47 PM

LOL - seriously, I am laughing out loud. :rofl2:

jdberger
08-08-2012, 12:14 AM

How, exactly, is "go back to China" racist. If Sen. Yee was named Ivorov and someone suggested he "go back to Russia", would that be "racist"?

SID45
08-08-2012, 12:25 AM
He does not belong to this country! Send him back...

Werewolf1021
08-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Huffpoo comments... must... stop...looking...at...them.

There goes my blood pressure.

Ten Rounder
08-08-2012, 12:32 AM
If a man is being denied his rights by an oppresser, then isn't the oppresser the one who is the racist?

My skin color and race are erb.

jdberger
08-08-2012, 12:33 AM
Quote from one of the linked articles:

Adam Keigwin, Senator Yee’s spokesperson, added that this is only one of many steps needed to reduce gun violence.

Other steps needed, according to Keigwin, include mandatory psychological treatment such as anti-depressant drugs, which would decrease the likelihood of a person in a volatile state from committing a violent crime.

Keigwin stressed that while Democratic lawmakers such as Yee support second-amendment rights including ownership of hunting rifles and other single shot weapons. The type of weapons on the market today are too harmful to be available to anyone," he said.

“Our founding fathers could not have imagined the weapons that exist today,” said Keigwin

Just-in
08-08-2012, 12:34 AM
CALGUNS SHOULD EXTEND AN OLIVE BRANCH AND SINCERE PROFESSIONAL CHANCE TO SIT DOWN AND TALK WITH ADAM OR LELAND..

seriously, they call us racist gun nuts...but what if we showed up in suits, at a nice coffee shop or something, and sit down and have a civil conversation where we can illustrate how much is wrong with their legislation...

that way, no matter how much they rant and rave about "racist" and gun nuts...CALGUNS can always say that "hey we extended a polite greeting to you to sit down in a civil matter and discuss this"

if he denies whatever...its the thought that counts.

even better if after this offer was refused it was mentined in a prime time news report featuring opposition to the SB249.

morthrane
08-08-2012, 12:37 AM

I'm wondering the same-- it would be more than hilarious to see gun control/confiscation advocates painted as racists in demographic and historical terms.

Half Japanese here, and keenly aware of American history (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_American_internment).

Kris79
08-08-2012, 12:42 AM
Quote from one of the linked articles:

Adam Keigwin, Senator Yee’s spokesperson, added that this is only one of many steps needed to reduce gun violence.

Other steps needed, according to Keigwin, include mandatory psychological treatment such as anti-depressant drugs, which would decrease the likelihood of a person in a volatile state from committing a violent crime.

Keigwin stressed that while Democratic lawmakers such as Yee support second-amendment rights including ownership of hunting rifles and other single shot weapons. The type of weapons on the market today are too harmful to be available to anyone," he said.

“Our founding fathers could not have imagined the weapons that exist today,” said Keigwin

ill give up one of my guns for a cannon hahahha

im chinese and i think he is an idiot does that make racist ?

Mr.Do
08-08-2012, 12:47 AM
man..maybe if he shot a gun he'll change his mind? haha all kidding aside..what is he thinking trying to accuse CGN of racist attacks. There's a good amount of Asian-Americans in Calguns.net.

winxp_man
08-08-2012, 12:54 AM
I wonder what his user name here at CGN is? :43::43::43::43:

Vlad 11
08-08-2012, 1:27 AM
Wow , very interesting times

One can only hope that at some point in the future, people like Sen. Yee - who think violating civil rights is acceptable when they are gun rights - will have to pay for their actions in the same way if they violated any other civil right.

I feel the same way.

I consider gun owners in California a minority group of sorts. Due to political circumstances we are made vulnerable and are constantly facing attacks to our Constitutional civil rights. It never stops. Even if a particular issue is thwarted, there is sure to be another similar attack.

To me its because those that attack our rights suffer no consequences. They feel that with their majority they can attack with impunity, using all manner of underhanded tactics. This bill is the epitome of this.

They have crossed the line on this one. Perhaps we can hope with such egregious overreach, that line will be permanently pushed far back.

The racist attack charges are baseless in the highest degree. Anyone spending anytime at all on this forum knows that there is ZERO tolerance for racist attacks. To portray Calguns as a racist entity is defamation plain and simple.

rec_shooter
08-08-2012, 1:28 AM
Waiting to see what happens with all this

sdfire
08-08-2012, 1:32 AM
Out of all the people I have met in person here on Calguns, at least 30% are Asian . Calling Calguns racist is just nonsense from someone who has no idea what he's talking about.

FalconLair
08-08-2012, 1:32 AM
Who is the "You Guys"? Are you not one of us? Or special? :Dwhy thank you Cars, I feel accepted now :) what a warm and fuzzy feeling lol

five.five-six
08-08-2012, 1:50 AM
The folks who post on in the Huff Post comments are some pretty mean people. Wow! I thought we had some real internet bad asses here, I was wrong.

You need to reply to Norton that by Yee's logic the governors would need to be set to 10mph... Wouldn't all responsible car owners agree?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

RuggedJay
08-08-2012, 2:00 AM
Calguns.net has more asians in it than any other forum I frequent. Let's face it, asians love guns as much as anybody. Have you seen how much money asians spend on all their gear? Last time I went to a training class it was half asians and top of the line equipment.

FalconLair
08-08-2012, 2:39 AM
Calguns.net has more asians in it than any other forum I frequent. Let's face it, asians love guns as much as anybody. Have you seen how much money asians spend on all their gear? Last time I went to a training class it was half asians and top of the line equipment.gives a whole new meaning to the term Rhinestone Cowboys :)

thomascrowe
08-08-2012, 4:12 AM
Wouldn't be enough for an elected representative from SF. Even a pic of him with coke on his face and a needle full of junk in his arm wouldn't be enough. You'd have to get one of him smoking a tobacco cigarette, holding an EBR and kissing a picture of Ronald Reagan to get his constituency to remove him.

Thank god for photoshop!

dantodd
08-08-2012, 6:55 AM
How, exactly, is "go back to China" racist. If Sen. Yee was named Ivorov and someone suggested he "go back to Russia", would that be "racist"?

The same way that saying Pres. Obama should "go back to Africa" is racist. Now, there are political reasons for the statement that are completely unrelated to Sen. Yee's race which is why I said "bordering on." Racism is often couched in terms which may be taken in different ways which is why it is sometimes impossible to actually know if someone's comments were racially motivate or not.

voiceofreason
08-08-2012, 7:17 AM

I'd contribute $500 to that if it is useful in stopping SB 249.

Once that pic went viral... his career would be over.

The roots of gun control lie in racism.

ivsamhell
08-08-2012, 7:35 AM
isn't calguns 85% asian? wait, thats not racist, is it?

DVSmith
08-08-2012, 7:42 AM
isn't calguns 85% asian? wait, thats not racist, is it?

CalGuns is 85% Asian??? I was told CalGuns was 30% Prussian 44% Polish and 12% Irish and the rest USA mutt!! That is the only reason I joined is because it was just like me!! Now what do I do?

I feel so marginalized now.... :p

kalieaire
08-08-2012, 7:49 AM
hmm, well I'm Chinese-American. so this is awkward

Same here. Quite awkward.

I'm definitely Pro 2A. So are my parents who actually lived in China and suffered through the horrible cultural revolution because of the Communist party. We believe that anyone who had to suffer through something as tragic as communist rule would understand the need for the general public to arm themselves against an oppressive government.

The way things are going, I'm afraid there'll be real Judge Dredds in the usa.

MaHoTex
08-08-2012, 7:59 AM
Yee,
We are not racist, we are pissed off that you are blatantly attacking our Civil Rights rights and blame us for ever criminal that does something wrong when we have not hurt anyone and just want to ventilate a paper target and just plain want to be left alone with a harmless hobby.

If you would champion the Second Amendment and push to over turn semi-auto bans in this state, we would love you, we would have a picture of you on our computer desktops.

I agree with you 100%.

Mesa Tactical
08-08-2012, 8:00 AM
I have yet to see that here and I know that the mods would not allow that kind of post if brought to their attention. I am dissapointed that Senator Yee would outright lie about this board and its members.

If nothing else, this should make it clear that Calguns is now being read by members of the national press corps and punditry. So keep it up with those "go back to China" comments, they make us look good!

kalieaire
08-08-2012, 8:10 AM
If nothing else, this should make it clear that Calguns is now being read by members of the national press corps and punditry. So keep it up with those "go back to China" comments, they make us look good!

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9519203.jpg

NotEnufGarage
08-08-2012, 8:10 AM

The "go back to China" comments have nothing to do with his race. If you or the national media cannot comprehend the irony of someone coming to this country for the ability to live with liberty championing a law that would restrict that liberty this country is truly lost.

from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

daveinwoodland
08-08-2012, 8:11 AM
This was interesting:

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Mug-Shot-Doesn-t-Flatter-Supervisor-3326339.php

Fate
08-08-2012, 8:19 AM
Apparently, using the race card is standard procedure for Mr. Lee.

From the SF article link posted earlier:
YEE FAVORS DIVERSITY. The diversity of invasive plant species, at least. In 2002, Yee joined with dog and tree advocates to object to preservationists' contention that cypress and eucalyptus trees should be cut and dogs should be restrained to protect the native lessingia flower. In an editorial in The Independent, Yee compared those preservationists to racists: "How many of us are 'invasive exotics' who have taken root in the San Francisco soil?"

daveinwoodland
08-08-2012, 8:25 AM

I liked the quote in the SF Gate article about cruising the Mission District and the Suntan Oil. Shows a person's character IMO.

Full Clip
08-08-2012, 8:29 AM

In the same way it's awkward for Condi Rice, Allen West and Herman Cain when all conservatives are branded as "anti-black." Which is continuously.

It's unfortunate that we're dealing with an adversary — Yee & Co — which is so limited intellectually that they have to immediately resort to name calling.

"Go back to China" is our lowest form of argument. And we have to be above that.

BHPFan
08-08-2012, 8:29 AM

Is he comparing plants with humans?

Well, his comments pretty much say about him so is the fact that he's still a "suntan lotion shoplifter".

kalieaire
08-08-2012, 8:31 AM
Does anyone think that besides pulling the race card from the bottom of the deck, using hurtful remarks also adds nothing to the debate?

I would rather concentrate on the huge safety issues of requiring fixed magazines in an AR15 or other semi-automatic rifle as well as the infringing of the 2nd Amendment rights.

I mean, our rifles aren't M1 Garands, they have magazines that remove with a tool for a reason, in case after firing, there is an unsafe condition in which we need to remove the magazine and unload, for example, a round that was missed by the extractor that did not fire or even a stove pipe. I mean you don't lock the doors to an occupied automobile that is caught on fire and prevent it from being open for quick and easy extrication -- that's just plain stupid and silly.

Concentrating on these issues would easily get SB249 shot down, concentrating on trying to make Senator Yee "go home" to his home in San Francisco, will likely not help our cause at all besides venting frustration (regardless of how good it feels).

But lastly, if SB249 passes, you can be sure that I am picking up a Mini14 and M1 Garand in 10 days.

BHPFan
08-08-2012, 8:35 AM
I bet he even considers "racist" when groups wants to ban importation and consumption of shark fin.

javalos
08-08-2012, 8:40 AM
We've had gun control not for many years, but decades and it hasn't worked. The recent Colorado shooting only shows us gun gun control is a failure, how many more years, laws, and incidents do you need to be convinced its a failure?

Force people to take a pill? Really? Whose going to oversee that?

Read the Second Amendment Keigwin, no hunting in there and no restriction to only single shot arms. Yee like other lawmakers supports the Second Amendment? I've heard that same old song from Feinstein, Schumer, and the rest of the anti-Constitution crowd, they claim to support the Second Amendment and then they turn around and ban arms. Here is Feinstein's support for the Second Amendment after the passage of the Federal AWB on 60 Minutes, Feb 5 1995:
"If I could have banned them all- ‘Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns. I would have."
Don't tell us that Yee and others support the Second Amendment, its insulting to our intelligence

..and if they existed, they would of loved them. The Founding Fathers were not anti-gun like you are, they were pro-gun, read their writings.

kalieaire
08-08-2012, 8:42 AM
I bet he even considers "racist" when groups wants to ban importation and consumption of shark fin.

It's kinda funny you mention that because he did stop the bill that would have prevented the sale of Sharks Fin.

Why is it that Foie Gras gets banned, but Sharks Fin doesn't? That was a specifically calculated maneuver meant to get Chinese American votes for his mayoral race.

I watched a documentary with Gordon Ramsay with regards to the harvesting of Shark's Fins, it was horrible. American fisherman will generally practice good environmental methods of fishing, but the giant Fish Distribution Conglomerates will purchase their fish from fisherman outside of the United States who are polluting and raping our oceans.

Those fisherman are the same that catch and slaughter 10 tuna, keep one, and throw back the other 9 into the ocean for a good slice of sashimi. These are the same fisherman that will cut the fins off a shark and throw them back into the ocean.

This is irresponsible and I cannot ethically stand behind this.

TNP'R
08-08-2012, 8:43 AM
Well when a senator infringes on the rights of Americans what did he expect? Americans take their rights seriously. He does not represent us at all.

senorpeligro
08-08-2012, 8:45 AM
Allow me to break this down.

Telling a naturalized citizen to go back to their country of origin implies that native born citizens > naturalized citizens.

That plays into the immigration debate, which in certain sectors has a racist quality to it.

That makes us look like racists. They win.

Full disclosure, I'm a legal resident, excited to be about to apply for citizenship.

Full Clip
08-08-2012, 8:49 AM
Full disclosure, I'm a legal resident, excited to be about to apply for citizenship.

Good, we need your vote!

lithium381
08-08-2012, 8:52 AM

Yee hola amigo! Si soy Latino y tengo familia China por casamiento, como es que somos racistas?:oji:

Pues, no soy Latino pero tambien me casé a una china. Ya tenemos una niña bien hermosa juntos. Tengo el fiebre amarillo!!!

Este Yee . . . . .

senorpeligro
08-08-2012, 8:52 AM
Good, we need your vote!

Don't hold your breath, I won't be able to help with this fight.

kalieaire
08-08-2012, 8:53 AM
Man, the more I research into Leland Yee, the more I find a State Senator, unworthy of the name.

Is it really that difficult to live right and do right in today's day and age?

http://www.sfweekly.com/2011-07-20/news/leland-yee-record-mayor-crimes-report-matt-smith/

This is the kind of shady crap I've seen people pull to get kids into better school districts. I've seen it happen at Mission San Jose High School in Fremont, Monta Vista High School in Cupertino, Lowell High School in San Francisco, Palo Alto High School in Palo Alto.

You'd imagine proponents of Education and Healthcare reform wouldn't want to shield their children from the world but instead give them a chance to grow inside our society. But instead those with wealth and power would prefer to give their kids a life of privilege. I grew up in the United States in poverty, it's an experience that made me truly appreciate the 64 pack of crayons I had as a Christmas Gift.

Turbinator
08-08-2012, 9:08 AM

Do we?

Turby

radioman
08-08-2012, 9:10 AM

If there something to Lee's claim, Kes will find it and takes steps to address it.
But, if there's nothing to Lee claim, Lee has harmed us with the community at large and our sponsors who pay for ad space. There are legal terms for that and it's not covered under the 1A. I would think Calguns could sue him, and win, court costs and all.

Roy Mustang
08-08-2012, 9:11 AM
Yee is a career politician whose views flip flop as the winds change. He wanted to be mayor of SF but got spanked by Ed Lee in the election. He first opposed banning shark fin soup (playing the race card) then flip flopped when it looked like it was more "popular" to save the sharks.

senorpeligro
08-08-2012, 9:13 AM
Yee is a career politician whose views flip flop as the winds change. He wanted to be mayor of SF but got spanked by Ed Lee in the election. He first opposed banning shark fin soup (playing the race card) then flip flopped when it looked like it was more "popular" to save the sharks.

He's a politician. His job depends on winning the next popularity contest.

Mesa Tactical
08-08-2012, 9:20 AM
The "go back to China" comments have nothing to do with his race. If you or the national media cannot comprehend the irony of someone coming to this country for the ability to live with liberty championing a law that would restrict that liberty this country is truly lost.

Yee came to America when he was three years old!

If the vanguard of the California gun rights movement cannot comprehend how "Go back to China" is juvenile, offensive and counter-productive, then our cause is truly lost.

I don't recall any similar "go back to where you came from" sentiments being expressed here about Steinberg, de León, Hancock, Portantino, Feuer or any of the other usual suspects. Ask yourselves why that is and then you might begin to understand why this line of attack is particularly offensive.

To say nothing of how it is off the subject and makes Calguns members look like bitter, adolescent kooks.

If you don't think our arguments are good enough without the childish slurs, or you are unable to articulate them, then maybe you should step aside and allow adults to carry the discussion forward.

senorpeligro
08-08-2012, 9:22 AM
If you don't think our arguments are good enough without the childish slurs, or you are unable to articulate them, then maybe you should step aside and allow adults to carry the discussion forward.

:thumbsup:

SpunkyJivl
08-08-2012, 9:23 AM
Thats the instant go-to card when the left is being attacked. The worn out, irrelevant Race Card.

Clownpuncher
08-08-2012, 9:28 AM
Same card he pulled over the shark fin soup ban.

Speaking of which, how is it that he is ok with hacking the fins off of live sharks and having them thrown back into the ocean to die a slow painful death but heaven forbid someone own a gun?

radioman
08-08-2012, 9:28 AM
Thats the instant go-to card when the left is being attacked. The worn out, irrelevant Race Card.

Would he pull that card if it cost him money in court, and a loss in court could cost him votes too.

billmaykafer
08-08-2012, 9:33 AM
i only have mosin nagant,but even tho' it does not have a bullet button i am bothered by his actions. i spent 21 years in us military defending the us constitution as this suntan lotion thief wants to trample on my constitution is very wrong. i will continue to defend the us constitution against enemies foreign and domestic. maybe i should glue a button on the side of my mosin nagant.???

NoJoke
08-08-2012, 9:35 AM

I'm definitely Pro 2A. So are my parents who actually lived in China and suffered through the horrible cultural revolution because of the Communist party. We believe that anyone who had to suffer through something as tragic as communist rule would understand the need for the general public to arm themselves against an oppressive government.

I DO NOT understand what there is to be awkward about.

He is vehemently anti-gun, anti-2a.

If you are pro 2a, as you imply, what's the issue?

Please, please don't tell me it's because he's Chinese in race! There are good and bad Chinese, just as there are good and bad gun owners. He is actively and publicly oppressing - bad.

People who hang on to a particular person/politician/whatever just BECAUSE of a particular race is part of the problem because they are siding with bad at the end of the day.

Right and wrong knows no color/race. He is wrong.

senorpeligro
08-08-2012, 9:35 AM
i only have mosin nagant,but even tho' it does not have a bullet button i am bothered by his actions. i spent 21 years in us military defending the us constitution as this suntan lotion thief wants to trample on my constitution is very wrong. i will continue to defend the us constitution against enemies foreign and domestic. maybe i should glue a button on the side of my mosin nagant.???

Please don't. :eek:

Bizcuits
08-08-2012, 9:50 AM

I noticed that too, absolutely ridiculous too...

kalieaire
08-08-2012, 9:55 AM

Please, please don't tell me it's because he's Chinese in race! There are good and bad Chinese, just as there are good and bad gun owners. He is actively and publicly oppressing - bad.

People who hang on to a particular person/politician/whatever just BECAUSE of a particular race is part of the problem because they are siding with bad at the end of the day.

Gently put, this is one of those issues that requires a certain sensitivity. Awkwardness stems from responses like these:

http://new.tinygrab.com/d7a39d2a06e3449164c81c4c6b6f54eb98e8c4971b.png

as evidenced from the Huffington Post article. Now I'm not saying that you are specifically insensitive, just that others have been. That makes things a bit awkward for Pro 2A folks like myself who also happen to be Chinese American and most decidedly not communist.

Wherryj
08-08-2012, 10:08 AM

Apparently he's upset about being called a communist. Perhaps he should stop acting like one?

sdfire
08-08-2012, 10:11 AM
I think some of the more inflammatory responses he is getting are getting attributed to Calguns ,AR15.com, etc. Even if the response came from people not affiliated at all with these organizations . The Huffington post has a pretty solid record of making "quotes" go in their view's favor, regardless of context or source.

NoJoke
08-08-2012, 10:16 AM
Gently put, this is one of those issues that requires a certain sensitivity. Awkwardness stems from responses like these:

as evidenced from the Huffington Post article. Now I'm not saying that you are specifically insensitive, just that others have been. That makes things a bit awkward for Pro 2A folks like myself who also happen to be Chinese American and most decidedly not communist.

To help with the sensitivity issue, those are frustrated folks lashing out at the obvious. You are frustrated too? But better equipped to express your frustration by being able to properly identify the problem.

Brother - Thank you for your support. Thank you for fighting for the 2a.

You are an American that I am proud of and would/will defend.

KWB977
08-08-2012, 10:19 AM
This is from a guy who says banning shark fins is racist towards Asians.

When is this guy up for re election?

yakmon
08-08-2012, 10:36 AM
so maybe he shouldn't go back to China, he does need to GTFO of politics.

BigDogatPlay
08-08-2012, 10:37 AM
This is from a guy who says banning shark fins is racist towards Asians.

When is this guy up for re election?

He's not up for re-election at all for his current office. He is termed out in 2014. I expect he'll either be running for Mayor of SF, or a statewide office.

The way to respond to any accusation of "racist attacks" is to take a page from the late Andrew Breitbart..... prove it or it didn't happen. If they can't prove it with a verifiable example, say "well then it didn't happen" and start hammering again on the facts.

ETA: This approach pre-supposes that we, as both Calguns members and law abidingcitizens, are smarter than the lowest common denominator yayhoos that do actually post up racist or non-fact based crap on various board and social media. Senator Yee has a very colorful background, one that has not hindrered him in political races in and around the city of San Francisco. In a statewide race some of his past indiscretions might not play so well, but at the moment for this exercise he is pretty much mud proof.

Stick to the facts ladies and gentlemen. And when you see your friends name calling on the web on the issue, tell them politely the same thing. If that doesn't work, then tell them to STFU and break their device of choice.

:D

Dreaded Claymore
08-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Allow me to break this down.

Telling a naturalized citizen to go back to their country of origin implies that native born citizens > naturalized citizens.

That plays into the immigration debate, which in certain sectors has a racist quality to it.

That makes us look like racists. They win.

+1. This is correct, and deserves to be read twice.

edwardm
08-08-2012, 11:26 AM
This was interesting:

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Mug-Shot-Doesn-t-Flatter-Supervisor-3326339.php

And yet I can't FIND the mugshot on the intertubes. Hours looking, no joy. Grrr.

masayako
08-08-2012, 11:27 AM
I am Chinese American and I am a law abiding citizen and gun owner. Any question?

I hate SB249. It is not the solution.

senorpeligro
08-08-2012, 11:39 AM
And yet I can't FIND the mugshot on the intertubes. Hours looking, no joy. Grrr.

Might have to call.

http://www.hawaiipolice.com/services/police-reports

Trakker
08-08-2012, 11:45 AM
ATF form is racist

AfghanVetOrcutt
08-08-2012, 11:58 AM

+1 I'm not out there actively trying to take away your hookers so leave my guns alone.

XD40SUBBIE
08-08-2012, 12:06 PM

I was of the understanding that we have only one "race" - that's human. If you look at the more scientific approach, as in social science, there are only 3. The Caucasoid, Negroid or africoid and mongoloid. Those are classifications that deal with different adaptations. To say he is Chinese is not racist, since he is Chinese and you are stating a fact, which he himself accepts. In fact "Chinese" is more of a nationality than it is a "race". To tell someone to go back to China is less racist than it is fascist or nationalistic. To discriminate according to national or country of origin.

Roy Mustang
08-08-2012, 12:27 PM
I think Yee is looking to get another *** whooping from Ed Lee. Pandering gun control is only acceptable in Los Angeles or SF. Based on Yee's showing against Ed Lee last time and the fact that SF is actually being run half competantly now means that Yee will probably get spanked again if he goes to the polls against Lee.

That being said there are no congressional seats in play that Yee has a chance at; Gov'n'r or US Senator would be jumped on by Gavin Newsom who could easily beat Yee in both a primary and regular election. The best thing Yee could hope for is maybe an appointee position somewhere, but drawing attention to yourself doesn't help you get into those positions. I'm kind of at a loss at what he is trying to accomplish. Of course I'm probably giving the guy too much credit. Based on what I've seen him do politically over the past few years I think he's just a moron.

Wherryj
08-08-2012, 12:35 PM

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx238/wherryj/InternetToughGuy_2.jpg

Don't worry, it was probably a Prius and would thus have taken more damage than you when it hit you.

Wherryj
08-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Sounds like libel to me.

Can Mr. Yee prove that these racist attacks come from Calguns? Does Mr. Yee realize that Calguns has more lawyers per square gigabyte than just about anywhere else on the planet?

Perhaps a VERY public retraction is in order? If not, perhaps a very public personal libel suit?

vliberatore
08-08-2012, 1:39 PM
I am in no way condoning racism but....

First amendment.

/thread

Icypu
08-08-2012, 1:46 PM
Yes many people in Socal, myself included are asian. If we don't agree with Yee, then he is just trolling us when he calls us racist.

The Undertaker
08-08-2012, 1:47 PM
You know something...

I'm a naturalized citizen. I spent half my life as a citizen of the other "People's Republic" (of China). From the demographic that I have seen personally within the 2A community, I have no doubt that my situation is by no means unique. In fact, a majority of EBR owners here in the Bay Area appear to be of Asian descent.

We should start an "Asian Americans for the Second Amendment" society and go head-to-head with Yee and his cronies.

Personally, I think Yee is an ambulance-chasing ch__k. That's right - I said it. Because under the Left's double standard, I can.

mt4design
08-08-2012, 2:00 PM
I am in no way condoning racism but....

First amendment.

/thread

Exactly!

You know something...

I'm a naturalized citizen. I spent half my life as a citizen of the other "People's Republic" (of China). From the demographic that I have seen personally within the 2A community, I have no doubt that my situation is by no means unique. In fact, a majority of EBR owners here in the Bay Area appear to be of Asian descent.

We should start an "Asian Americans for the Second Amendment" society and go head-to-head with Yee and his cronies.

Personally, I think Yee is an ambulance-chasing ch__k. That's right - I said it. Because under the Left's double standard, I can.

That would be awesome.

So, we have a leftist crying racism for his anti-Constitutional, anti-traditional stance of gun ownership in this nation.

Now, he cries foul because people are speaking out?

So, he's going after the First Amendment now?

I don't agree with racially charged speech.

IMHO, racism is a display of ignorance.

But, people have the right to speak without fear of reprisal in this country.

And, as Americans, we have a long tradition of speaking ill about idiot politicians.

The bottom line seems to be that Yee just hates freedom.

kalieaire
08-08-2012, 2:04 PM
You know something...

I'm game, but we should open it up to APIA, perhaps we can get a few folks to run for office as well.

Imagine PRO 2a APIAs who're democrats. That would certainly rustle some feathers at the Democratic Nation Convention. ;)

brassburnz
08-08-2012, 2:06 PM
I like the statement, “While most gun owners are law-abiding, it is a fact that such weapons are more likely to be used to kill an innocent person than used in self-defense," Yee said.

It is interesting how such "facts" are promulgated. As a journalist, I was reminded that "facts" are given credence by people who buy ink by the barrel, or in today's world by the people who can buy the most bandwidth.

"I read it in a news article, so it must be true" is being replaced by "I read it on the internet, so it must be true." I don't know how to reach the masses, but I can reach my non-shooting friends. If I can, I will introduce them to shooting. If they don't want to shoot, I can introduce them to the "facts" as I see them.

SB249 will not be the last attack. We do need to stop it. We need to stop future attacks as well. We need more people who understand the "facts." Take a friend shooting. Take all your friends shooting. It's time to take a stand. It's time for action.

jello2594
08-08-2012, 2:20 PM
How do we get an organization's name on the "Opposed" side of the bill written in the actual bill language? I recall "Anti" bills having dozens of organizations in the "Pro" side and just a few on the "Opposed side" Can we get a group of our Asian-American members to start an Asian-American Gun Owners Society, and show their contempt of this bill in a formal setting that it's reflected in the record?

Agent Orange
08-08-2012, 2:34 PM
...To say nothing of how it is off the subject and makes Calguns members look like bitter, adolescent kooks...

The irony is a lot of members here are exactly that.

Mesa Tactical
08-08-2012, 2:37 PM
You guys still just don't get it.

Exactly!
So, we have a leftist crying racism for his anti-Constitutional, anti-traditional stance of gun ownership in this nation.

No, he's crying racism because he has been the target of racist attacks, on the phone and on web forums.

So, he's going after the First Amendment now?

No, he's simply noting that many of his detractors are racist dumbasses. This garners sympathy for his cause, however lame it might be.

And the racist dumbasses play right into his hands by posting "Go back to China" and images of Yee in Mao Zedong uniform.

Again, to the extent the rhetoric against Yee is different from what it would be against Steinberg, de León, Hancock, Portantino or Feuer, owing to his background -- that's racist. And the more Calguns members deny it and bluster with fake indignation and indeed continue to engage in the same baiting that justifies Yee's remarks, the more he wins. Because guess who else is reading this thread today?

Oh, BTW, hi there HuffPo readers as well as all you other national observers of how we California gun owners respond to a crisis. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57088/runescape/images/2/22/Wave_smiley.gif Welcome to CalGuns!

senorpeligro
08-08-2012, 2:52 PM
Here is a tweet from APALC:
APALC is the nation's largest legal aid and civil rights organization serving the Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander (NHPI) community.

APALC ‏@APALC
We can't stand the racist attacks against CA Sen. Leland Yee who introduced a bill to tighten gun control laws: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/07/sb-249-ca-sen-leland-yee-gun-control-bill_n_1752190.html …

Anyone able to help out with this?

MontClaire
08-08-2012, 3:00 PM
No, it's not because he is unfit for legislature, it's not because he doesn't understand constitution, it's not because he tries populistic tactic backstabbing law obliging citizens, its not because he favors criminals kill innocent people in this state, it's because he is chinese that we criticize him. Great! So he is stupid too...

NotEnufGarage
08-08-2012, 3:10 PM

No, he's crying racism because he has been the target of racist attacks, on the phone and on web forums.

There is nothing racists about requesting that a refugee from a totaliarian regime who was bought here by his parents in search of opportunity and freedom, who has sworn to uphold the Constitution of the USA and of The (Once) Great State California, who is trying to limit the freedoms of those he is supposed to serve take his anti-freedom, anti-liberty views and return the the country of his origin. If his parents had brought him from Greece, Italy, Spain, Iceland, Sweden, or Timbuktu, I would ask him to return there if that country has the form of of controlling government he seems to prefer. If you want to be in this country, learn what it's about and become part of it. Do not try to change it to be like where you came from.

Those of you who keep saying "stop the racist comments" feed into them playing the race card and give validity to the argument. Stop validating their weak and invalid claims.

Think with your own brains and stop believing their lies.

Go back to China means if you want to live under totalitarianism, go to a country that has that system. If you want liberty and freedoms, realize that our system has worked well for most of 235 years so it probably doesn't need to be changed, much, if any.

stix213
08-08-2012, 3:15 PM
The only racist comments I've seen is the hope he loses his next state Senate race.

mt4design
08-08-2012, 3:17 PM

No, he's simply noting that many of his detractors are racist dumbasses. This garners sympathy for his cause, however lame it might be.

And the racist dumbasses play right into his hands by posting "Go back to China" and images of Yee in Mao Zedong uniform.

Again, to the extent the rhetoric against Yee is different from what it would be against Steinberg, de León, Hancock, Portantino or Feuer, owing to his background -- that's racist. And the more Calguns members deny it and bluster with fake indignation and indeed continue to engage in the same baiting that justifies Yee's remarks, the more he wins. Because guess who else is reading this thread today?

Oh, BTW, hi there HuffPo readers as well as all you other national observers of how we California gun owners respond to a crisis. http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57088/runescape/images/2/22/Wave_smiley.gif Welcome to CalGuns!

You think Yee "needs" remarks of any kind to justify his position?

You give people like him far too much credit for trying to "play fair".

Bluster and fake indignation?

Seriously?

What part of "shall NOT be infringed" is in any way ambiguous?

I don't have "fake indignation".

I have RIGHTEOUS indignation feeling MY RIGHTS are under attack and I have no patience for those like Yee who find my rights an obstacle to their agenda.

Civil rights are not rights granted only to a minority position.

Freedom of speech is not a right granted only to a political hack while he or she decides to quash my rights.

When is it a good time to speak out and speak up for the rights of the individual vs. that of the political elite?

I say, when ever I get the opportunity and I do so because it is my responsibility to do so.

Many have died to ensure our rights are available to us.

They can't speak out so I feel compelled to do so.

Am I indignant at this moment?

Absolutely. Spot on. No apologies.

Why aren't you?

angrypeccary
08-08-2012, 3:18 PM
yee is against the 1st 2nd and maybe other amendments i say impeach this sob

NotEnufGarage
08-08-2012, 3:31 PM
yee is against the 1st 2nd and maybe other amendments i say impeach this sob

Please educate yourself on how political office holds are put into and removed from office.

Presidents and Judges, as well as a few other office holders can be impeached.

Governors, legislators (in some case), can be recalled.

You would have to live in his district to do so. You don't.

DonFerrando
08-08-2012, 3:40 PM
There is nothing racists about requesting that a refugee from a totaliarian regime who was bought here by his parents in search of opportunity and freedom, who has sworn to uphold the Constitution of the USA and of The (Once) Great State California, who is trying to limit the freedoms of those he is supposed to serve take his anti-freedom, anti-liberty views and return the the country of his origin. If his parents had brought him from Greece, Italy, Spain, Iceland, Sweden, or Timbuktu, I would ask him to return there if that country has the form of of controlling government he seems to prefer. If you want to be in this country, learn what it's about and become part of it. Do not try to change it to be like where you came from.

Those of you who keep saying "stop the racist comments" feed into them playing the race card and give validity to the argument. Stop validating their weak and invalid claims.

Think with your own brains and stop believing their lies.

Go back to China means if you want to live under totalitarianism, go to a country that has that system. If you want liberty and freedoms, realize that our system has worked well for most of 235 years so it probably doesn't need to be changed, much, if any.

+1 from a guy who also grew up in a totalitarian system but who believes in order to emigrate to another country one should understand and fully embrace the constitutional foundation it is built on, otherwise this is simply an insult to the people who you are asking to embrace you as one of their own (apart from the fact that you probably won't feel at home in the new place since its mentality remains foreign to you).

Personally I'd be embarrassed to seek office as a naturalized citizen and then have the audacity to tell the people of the country that adopted me what is right for them. As such I absolutely understand the outrage some people feel.

I love how welcoming America is, it's a definite strength (I have lived in a number of different places and I don't know of a country that is so accepting of foreigners - in fact this is the first society I have lived in that considers the term "foreigner" to have a negative ring) but I do feel sometimes it goes a little too far.

In order to be racist there has to be some reference made to race. I didn't see this done on these forums, perhaps it escaped me. "Go back to China" isn't enough to paint someone a racist since Yee is actually from there. The point here is to illustrate how outrageous his political stance is in light of his past, not in light of his race.

phrogg111
08-08-2012, 3:55 PM
So... the bill is unconstitutionally taking away guns, instead of allowing people to register them as "assault weapons". It's claiming it's a "clarification", but it's pretty clear that "a magazine that needs to be removed with tools" is "fixed" according to the original law, and "a bullet or cartridge is a tool".

So it can't work there.

Then it wants to simply clarify the law, banning firearms that have "a magazine that can be removed without disassembly of the action of the firearm".

So... a fixed magazine isn't part of the action? Pretty important to the action of the semi-automatic firearm in a "fixed magazine" firearm, which the law even calls them.

Also, the action can be disassembled without the use of tools. The magazine can't. They'll argue that a dremel can pull the fixed magazine out just as easily as a tool for a bullet button next? The magazine has to be milled into the magazine well now?

The law is not only absurd because it doesn't ban anything - it's dumb enough to think it can force itself down people's throats.

friedokra
08-08-2012, 3:56 PM
You know something...

I'd go for that. To be honest, I'm an ABC (American Born Chinese) but the only time I feel/consider myself "Chinese" in any aspect is during Chinese New Year and the Moon Festival.:rolleyes: The rest of the time, I consider myself an ordinary American citizen, but a law-abiding, gun owning American citizen like anybody else.

But I would definately join some sort of Asian American 2A group/society to combat Yee's bogus racist allegations. Of course, then Yee and his "psychology" background would say we're discriminating against him as reverse Asian haters or some b$ like that in an attempt to win over public opinion.

masayako
08-08-2012, 4:15 PM
I am Chinese and I say **** Yee.

ewarmour
08-08-2012, 4:31 PM
Then there are odd things that he doesn't seem to have explanations for. One has to do with the source of $1 million in mortgage debt Yee assumed more than a decade ago. His then-annual family income of $42,500 couldn't hope to cover the $60,000 in mortgage payments each year. The juxtaposition of Yee's massive debt and meager income interested then-SF Weekly reporter Peter Byrne. Through his campaign manager, Jim Stearns, Yee showed Byrne incomplete financial records meant to demonstrate that he and his wife, Maxine, could afford the debt because they had scrimped and saved.

Byrne was left to ask: "If the Yees have enough savings to keep paying off debts that their current income clearly cannot cover, where and when did the money originate?"

Yee is a corrupt career politician who does not understand the concept of freedom or liberty.

FairfaxCA
08-08-2012, 4:38 PM

Wherryj
08-08-2012, 6:08 PM
+1 I'm not out there actively trying to take away your hookers so leave my guns alone.

Definite sig material.

highpowermatch
08-09-2012, 10:55 AM

Ah yes, the tolerant compassionate left. The kindness towards fellow man is overwhelming. Can ya feel it???

highpowermatch
08-09-2012, 12:53 PM
You know something...

Classic post, AAFSA...... DO IT!! :thumbsup:

sjwolf
08-09-2012, 1:43 PM
I think this is my favorite Yee quote...

"These rifles are not about marksmanship, these rifles are about killing as many individuals as possible," Yee said.

Sorry Yee, my AR-15 is all about marksmanship and with a BB & a 10 round mag it's definitely not about killing as many individuals as possible. Love his use of the word "individuals" too. They aren't even "people" to him.

NotEnufGarage
08-09-2012, 1:45 PM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/07/sb-249-ca-sen-leland-yee-gun-control-bill_n_1752190.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Can we get a few of our stellar Calguns attorneys to assemble a class action suit against Yee and his aide for libel and slander? It might be the first move in removing the race card from the deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwardm
08-09-2012, 1:48 PM
You know something...

It works for Pink Pistols, I don't see why it can't work for Asians or any other ethnic/cultural/social group.

Pointing him out as a misguided American and a misguided Asian naturalized citizen is, of course, going to be run up the flag pole as racism, even if a bunch of Chinese naturalized American citizens do the pointing. But it's far more defensible (and sensible).

edwardm
08-09-2012, 1:50 PM

"These rifles are not about marksmanship, these rifles are about killing as many individuals as possible," Yee said.

Sorry Yee, my AR-15 is all about marksmanship and with a BB & a 10 round mag it's definitely not about killing as many individuals as possible. Love his use of the word "individuals" too. They aren't even "people" to him.

Maybe he needs to see footage of a service rifle match. That alone should cause much pant-wetting confusion.

The War Wagon
08-09-2012, 1:52 PM
He has nothing to fear. STOOPID cuts across all boundaries. :rolleyes:

Mesa Tactical
08-09-2012, 1:58 PM

Sounds a lot like this:

I call them "assault" rifles, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our hunting fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" rifles . . . in my humble opinion, these things have no place in hunting.

lowdowndad
08-09-2012, 2:39 PM
IMHO, as long as we're talking opinions here, Zumbo is an *****. We really don't need any help from him.

lowdowndad:cool:

CalBear
08-09-2012, 2:46 PM
Seems that the race card ends up being played by nearly every anti-gun individual. How ironic.

Uxi
08-09-2012, 2:50 PM
Always SMH when I see the apologists for inane leftists throwing anything against the wall to see if it sticks. Hook-line-sinker.

Roy Mustang
08-09-2012, 2:54 PM
I tell my hunting friends; Yeah they want my AR's today your O/U tomorrow.

Dutch3
08-09-2012, 3:31 PM
Merriam-Webster's definition of "Bigot";

"a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance"

So by definition, it would seem clear that Senator Yee is a bigot. His intolerance of and contempt for the civil rights of firearm owners (as a group) is well-documented, as are the yammerings of his chief-of-staff lapdog.

Yee's public comment about there being "no discussion, no debate" on the bullet button issue is further documentation of the fact he is an arrogant, egotistical bigot with no respect for due process or the Constitution. These facts alone support his removal from public office.

CitaDeL
08-09-2012, 3:40 PM
It works for Pink Pistols, I don't see why it can't work for Asians or any other ethnic/cultural/social group.

Pointing him out as a misguided American and a misguided Asian naturalized citizen is, of course, going to be run up the flag pole as racism, even if a bunch of Chinese naturalized American citizens to the pointing. But it's far more defensible (and sensible).

Turn the rhetoric around.

Yee is a homophobe that hates gay people because he is removing their civil right to defend against gay bashing. It is at least as true as his allegations that CGN is posting racist garbage.

uxo2
08-09-2012, 3:44 PM

I would love to see that.....

Legal action

vantec08
08-09-2012, 3:52 PM
ummmm, no Yee - -- Calguns is not. Calguns IS posting that you represent the inevitable slide into tyranny that has destroyed many societies.

ddestruel
08-09-2012, 4:00 PM
sue him for libel

Rock6.3
08-09-2012, 4:03 PM
Ignore the diversionary tactics of the Yee camp and keep up the pressure in a civil manner.

acolytes
08-09-2012, 5:13 PM

:smilielol5:

Librarian
08-09-2012, 5:50 PM
Merriam-Webster's definition of "Bigot";

"a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance"

Can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Ratboy
08-09-2012, 7:37 PM
Man, the antis are getting (hopefully) educated in the comments. :-)

Apocalypsenerd
08-09-2012, 7:42 PM
There is no such thing as bad publicity. Let him call Calguns racist a few more times. Then make a very public case against him demanding a retraction or a lawsuit will be initiated. The number of Calgunners will almost certainly go up.

adampolo13
08-09-2012, 7:50 PM
The reality is Yee et all are fighting an up hill battle. They know their bill has failed to accomplish their goal. Rid CA of our rifles. They also know that their bill is Unconstitutional but they are trying to save face and fight on. Personally, they can call as all racist and terrorists but it wont change how I sleep at night. I sleep pretty well knowing that my AR15 is within arms reach and my wife has her M&P 9mm within hers. God Bless America!

Carsgunsandchics
08-09-2012, 7:57 PM
I'm wondering if he realized his mistake on his original advancement against BB's and to save face he went to the extreme end of his options to purposely have it dropped by others, knowing it's Wacko and he'll have to look for a job.

xCaliChris
08-09-2012, 7:58 PM
Im relatively new here and it makes me happy to see people fighting the good fight. If i wasnt a broke *** student id contribute. Keep it up calguns! :patriot:

wjc
08-09-2012, 8:02 PM
Im relatively new here and it makes me happy to see people fighting the good fight. If i wasnt a broke *** student id contribute. Keep it up calguns! :patriot:

Understandable.

Here''s what you can do instead...

Go to http://www.stopsb249.org

- Send some letters to the Legislature
- Print out some of the flyers and pass them round.

NotEnufGarage
08-09-2012, 8:02 PM

China is not a race. Start engaging your brain cells and stop with the PC, media fueled, kneejerk reactions.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Bruceisontarget
08-09-2012, 8:06 PM

If you are making an effort in making your voice heard... you're contributing.

Aces and 8s
08-09-2012, 8:07 PM
He has received racist remarks on his social media account from a few morons, whether they are from Calguns or not, who knows. There is always going to be a few idiots who take things to a level they shouldn't be no matter what the issue at hand is, but the majority of us are not racist and we could care less if Yee is asian, cuacasian, african, hispanic, green or pink.

xCaliChris
08-09-2012, 8:12 PM
On it. :D

curtisfong
08-09-2012, 8:17 PM
China is not a race. Start engaging your brain cells and stop with the PC, media fueled, kneejerk reactions.

Reality doesn't work the way you think it does. Why give an idiot like Yee *any* ammunition? Sorry, but your "standing" your ground on this issue is pretty foolish.

77bawls
08-09-2012, 9:04 PM
I'm wondering if he realized his mistake on his original advancement against BB's and to save face he went to the extreme end of his options to purposely have it dropped by others, knowing it's Wacko and he'll have to look for a job.

That's what I'm thinking, if he wasn't so close minded, and was open to discussion he wouldn't be in that situation.

hermosabeach
08-09-2012, 9:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjS6cruqrx8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here is a posting on u tube on the Senator Yee / Calguns news story
Read the comments... A lot of racist remarks- is this what he is referencing?

Carsgunsandchics
08-09-2012, 9:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjS6cruqrx8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here is a posting on u tube on the Senator Yee / Calguns news story
Read the comments... A lot of racist remarks- is this what he is referencing?

Don't forget there are a bunch of people that comment that don't even live in this state. They still have freedoms and don't want our California Disease encroaching on them.

otalps
08-09-2012, 10:27 PM
Forget calling him racist names, that won't change anybody's opinion.

It is obvious at this point the fugitive lotion thief is nothing but a wannabe tyrant; so resorting to ridicule about his fear of inanimate objects and having the critical thinking skills of a rock should be fair game.