PDA

View Full Version : Rebut Senator Steinberg's Sensationalist Comments

strummerenator
08-07-2012, 1:18 PM
I recently sent Mr. Steinberg's office a scathing rebuttal for his dramatic, sensationalist comment below:

"I know that everyone is afraid of the strong lobby on the other side and I believe in the Second Amendment, I believe in the right of hunters to be able to fully participate in that sport, I believe that people ought to have the ability to have a gun in their home to protect themselves if that's what they desire, but no one will convince me it's anything other than a joke to say that having multiple clips and semi-automatic weapons that can shoot 100 or more bullets at a time is necessary in this state or in this country," the Sacramento Democrat said. "It's ridiculous."

He conveniently fails to mention current California law does not allow any magazine above 10 rounds. Many weapons are capable of shooting more than 10 rounds, but the point of the matter here is we as Californians are restricted to 10 rounds or less so why the need for the 100 round comment? Mr. Steinberg has NEVER opposed the violence stemming from Hollywood, but will jump all over the chance to oppress law abiding citizens who happen to oppose both his ideology and ego. It also seems that they are trying to push laws like this forward based on their own perverse minds, as every gun owner I know NEVER intends to use his or her weapons on another human being in a criminal fashion. They see a firearm, and through fear and a lack of education, jump to the conclusion that anybody in possession of one is a criminal by default. So with that mentality, we must pass laws preventing the legal citizens from obtaining these gateways into the criminal world as that is what we would do with one. Sigh, I digress. From what I have seen, legal gun owners in California are more aware of the laws and are very keen to follow them as they do not wish to lose their rights, so why criminalize them as they are NOT the problem? Please follow my lead and express your outrage and opposition to SB 249 and all other liberty destroying legislation, to Mr. Steinberg and all of his peers who wish to create criminals based on their own fear, lack of education, and thoughts.

Thanks!

rromeo
08-07-2012, 1:26 PM
No one will convince me it's anything other than a joke to say that having multiple senators and assembly members that can pass 100 or more ridiculous laws at one time is necessary in this state or in this country.