PDA

View Full Version : I think Keigwin is annoyed

SparkYZ
08-07-2012, 1:57 PM
Copied and pasted from his facebook

Adam Keigwin
Sunday via mobile
Sweet, the gun crazies have started spoof twitter accounts in my name. They must have forgot I have never received even a single vote for political office. #ShootingTheMessenger

:D

jonkull
08-07-2012, 2:00 PM
Never received a single vote yet still seems to wield a lot of power. There's something wrong with that.

PolishMike
08-07-2012, 2:04 PM
Lol I hope @TracyRAP had nothing to do with that...

OleCuss
08-07-2012, 2:05 PM
Why is he going after the "gun crazies"?

99.99% of us have never received a single vote in the state of California.

SparkYZ
08-07-2012, 2:16 PM
99.99% of us would be deemed sane if we went through a psych evaluation.....

OleCuss
08-07-2012, 2:19 PM
99.99% of us would be deemed sane if we went through a psych evaluation.....

I appreciate the contrast you are drawing between us and the anti-liberty types!

strummerenator
08-07-2012, 2:25 PM
I personally am offended with his "shooting" reference. Again, it seems these people are all full of hate and simply enact and support legislation based on their own "perverse thoughts". I also like the played and boring stereotypical "crazies" reference, he really shows his tolerance with that misguided statement!

DonFerrando
08-07-2012, 2:45 PM
Yee needs to watch out, Keigwin is starting to steal the limelight. This can't be to the good Senator's liking...

POLICESTATE
08-07-2012, 2:47 PM
"Gun crazies"

yeah, that's exactly how he sees us.

And that is crazy.

em9sredbeam
08-07-2012, 2:50 PM
Hmmm, gun crazies. Has kind of a nice ring to it... What a JA.

kaligaran
08-07-2012, 4:05 PM
"gun crazies" that would look good on a t-shirt.

SparkYZ
08-07-2012, 4:19 PM
He's an idiot. The tiny shred of professionalism he had, died on twitter and Facebook. What a tool. Now he's ranting like us normal folk.

DuknBucks
08-07-2012, 7:37 PM
He's an idiot. The tiny shred of professionalism he had, died on twitter and Facebook. What a tool. Now he's ranting like us normal folk.

that sounds like he would be on the same playing field as us.........so he was elevated from the gutter? :D

Clownpuncher
08-07-2012, 8:02 PM
You are all racist. :rolleyes:

epilepticninja
08-07-2012, 8:04 PM
I wouldn't give him the time of day. Let's him know he's getting at us. He is reveling in all of this, trust me.

greasemonkey
08-07-2012, 8:26 PM
HAHAHA! You twitter feed has been stellar.

five.five-six
08-07-2012, 8:30 PM
what is a "twiitter"? and how can I use one to keep the pressure on this tard?

G60
08-07-2012, 8:30 PM
Anyone got a link to this spoof account?

curtisfong
08-07-2012, 8:56 PM
Never received a single vote yet still seems to wield a lot of power. There's something wrong with that.

Everybody should constantly remind him of that. He is obviously running the show, but isn't an elected official. Keep feeding his ego. The more important/powerful he admits he is, and the less relevant he admits Yee is, the better for us.

MUKAK
08-07-2012, 9:24 PM
any1 knows where this guy hangs out at? coffe shop? gym? i would luv a FTF with this guy

Mendo223
08-07-2012, 9:37 PM
^same here lol....i just want to simply ask why he is making me a FELON...when i otherwise follow all laws. i want to ask him what SB249 would solve, SINCE NOT A SINGLE PERSON HAS BEEN KILLED WITH A BB'd RIFLE...

criminals with intent to kill use illegal rifles purchased out of state without bullet buttons!!

kaligaran
08-07-2012, 9:41 PM
^same here lol....i just want to simply ask why he is making me a FELON...when i otherwise follow all laws. i want to ask him what SB249 would solve, SINCE NOT A SINGLE PERSON HAS BEEN KILLED WITH A BB'd RIFLE...

criminals with intent to kill use illegal rifles purchased out of state without bullet buttons!!

Why purchase the rifle out of state?
Why not just order a normal mag release to put onto the rifle? Both the rifle and the normal (non BB'd) mag release is legal to own in this state.
That's what I find so amusing about 249.

frankm
08-07-2012, 9:43 PM

Because he hates you. He hates you because you believe in Mom, Apple Pie, and the Constitution. You believe in Jesus, the Founding Fathers, and salute the Flag. You are an American. A real American. That's why he and his type hate you. Because you're in the way.

Mendo223
08-07-2012, 9:44 PM
exactly, this law SOLVES NOTHING.

another thing...this may be controversial.

CALGUNS SHOULD EXTEND AN OLIVE BRANCH AND SINCERE PROFESSIONAL CHANCE TO SIT DOWN AND TALK WITH ADAM..

seriously, they call us racist gun nuts...but what if we showed up in suits, at a nice coffee shop or something, and sit down and have a civil conversation where we can illustrate how much is wrong with their legislation...

that way, no matter how much they rant and rave about "racist" and gun nuts...CALGUNS can always say that "hey we extended a polite greeting to you to sit down in a civil matter and discuss this"

if he denies whatever...its the thought that counts.

Rob7.62
08-07-2012, 9:48 PM
No reason to parody him he makes himself look like a fool.

Arisaka
08-08-2012, 10:25 AM

CALGUNS SHOULD EXTEND AN OLIVE BRANCH AND SINCERE PROFESSIONAL CHANCE TO SIT DOWN AND TALK WITH ADAM..

seriously, they call us racist gun nuts...but what if we showed up in suits, at a nice coffee shop or something, and sit down and have a civil conversation where we can illustrate how much is wrong with their legislation...

that way, no matter how much they rant and rave about "racist" and gun nuts...CALGUNS can always say that "hey we extended a polite greeting to you to sit down in a civil matter and discuss this"

**** HIM. Why should anyone try to "patch things up" with someone who accuses us of being racist? I wish he would pick one of us in particular to libel.

jrr
08-08-2012, 10:54 AM
**** HIM. Why should anyone try to "patch things up" with someone who accuses us of being racist? I wish he would pick one of us in particular to libel.

Well, things may have gone too far anyways. Its unfortunate, and IMHO not really helpful to the cause. I believe we as a community have, inadvertently for sure, taken two political animals (Keg and yee) who have anti gun leanings that they were previously too lazy to force on us; and turned them into anti-gun zealots in the same vein as the Brady-ites. By personally engaging them, especially Keg, this has gone from a political grand stand by one senator that probably wouldn't have gone anywhere, to a personal crusade by him and his chief of staff.

So, FTF meetings with CGF, NRA, SAF, CRPA, etc. are not a bad idea to take the rhetoric down a notch. Right now, we can be successful because we have a personal stake in this fight. We should be careful to avoid making this personal for the other side. Politically damaging, yes, but personal - no.

My .02c, take it for what its worth.

m03
08-08-2012, 10:55 AM
No reason to parody him he makes himself look like a fool.

This.

edwardm
08-08-2012, 11:15 AM
What's the name of the fake Keigwin twitter acct?

masayako
08-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Because he hates you. He hates you because you believe in Mom, Apple Pie, and the Constitution. You believe in Jesus, the Founding Fathers, and salute the Flag. You are an American. A real American. That's why he and his type hate you. Because you're in the way.

That is right.

Dreaded Claymore
08-08-2012, 11:40 AM
You believe in Jesus

No I don't. At least, not in the sense I think you mean.

I'm pretty sure Keigwin still hates me though. :43:

advocatusdiaboli
08-08-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm pretty sure Keigwin still hates me though. :43:

He'd like to rendition you and many of us to Guantanamo and water board us until we admit we acquired 30-round AR-15 magazines after the CA ban because he cannot prove it without an admission of guilt. But he's not alone in his zealous defense of what is good for us despite ourselves.

advocatusdiaboli
08-08-2012, 12:56 PM

They view themselves as true Americans just as the Nazis and Gestapo viewed themselves as true Germans. So sitting down with them will be fruitless and you risk becoming a Neville Chamberlain achieving "peace in our time".

However, talk like the above quote doesn't help us.

It is easy to stray into ad hominem attacks when we have a fundamental inalienable right threatened by people who don't even understand firearms and are primarily compelled to pursue their misguided course of infringement by fear born of ignorance. I've crossed that line myself, it's hard not to given they already themselves have many times, dehumanizing us as 'gun nuts' and the like. that said, dressing up and playing nice is the first step toward 'reasonable' compromise and that means infringement. I advise against it. Tone down the ad hominem attacks and stick to the issues. He did suggest mandatory polygraph tests for 30-round owners which is police state stuff. Maybe he can be compared to people that want widespread DUI checkpoints ('show us your papers" style) and other unreasonable searches and seizures. Let's deal with the facts, he's given us plenty of ammunition and he's the unreasonable zealot, not us.

dfletcher
08-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Short people with ambition but no talent are dangerous.

XD40SUBBIE
08-08-2012, 1:04 PM
It seems to me...if Yee "hates" us and we are "crazy"...isn't there something immoral about hating crazy people...oh wait, it's Yee - morals were thrown out the window or out the parking lot with some suntan oil...

strummerenator
08-08-2012, 1:24 PM
They view themselves as true Americans just as the Nazis and Gestapo viewed themselves as true Germans. So sitting down with them will be fruitless and you risk becoming a Neville Chamberlain achieving "peace in our time".

However, talk like the above quote doesn't help us.

It is easy to stray into ad hominem attacks when we have a fundamental inalienable right threatened by people who don't even understand firearms and are primarily compelled to pursue their misguided course of infringement by fear born of ignorance. I've crossed that line myself, it's hard not to given they already themselves have many times, dehumanizing us as 'gun nuts' and the like. that said, dressing up and playing nice is the first step toward 'reasonable' compromise and that means infringement. I advise against it. Tone down the ad hominem attacks and stick to the issues. He did suggest mandatory polygraph tests for 30-round owners which is police state stuff. Maybe he can be compared to people that want widespread DUI checkpoints ('show us your papers" style) and other unreasonable searches and seizures. Let's deal with the facts, he's given us plenty of ammunition and he's the unreasonable zealot, not us.

Well said! Agreed 100%, zealots and extremism are the bane of their existence, so we can and shall rise above that with fact and merit.

Barbarossa
08-08-2012, 3:07 PM
Crazy huh?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-iACZC4iSrY4/UCLixuybP_I/AAAAAAAAC0U/w2SEcmCDetk/s800/249.JPG

omgwtfbbq
08-08-2012, 3:12 PM

BTW, When I read the "say yes to the dress" tweet. I actually laughed so hard I peed a little.... just sayin'

PolishMike
08-08-2012, 3:29 PM
BTW, When I read the "say yes to the dress" tweet. I actually laughed so hard I peed a little.... just sayin'

:) People seem to be enjoying them more than Keigwin... wonder why..?

radioburning
08-08-2012, 3:30 PM
Good, maybe in the future they'll learn to not hit a bees nest with a stick...

dantodd
08-08-2012, 3:55 PM

^^^THIS^^^

Whether SB249 passes or not is less important than the message that California Gunners will make the mere introduction of such legislation painful.

Wherryj
08-08-2012, 4:22 PM
that sounds like he would be on the same playing field as us.........so he was elevated from the gutter? :D

Hey wait, I never voted to elevate him from the gutter!

Wherryj
08-08-2012, 4:25 PM

Better analogy might be "Pissing on the third rail".

IPSICK
08-08-2012, 4:37 PM

Have you ever dealt with irrational idealogues? Reason and logic are very foreign concepts to them.

Johnnyfres
08-08-2012, 4:47 PM
He used "gun" "crazy" and "shooting" in the same sentence. Lets ban him.

Wherryj
08-08-2012, 5:22 PM
He used "gun" "crazy" and "shooting" in the same sentence. Lets ban him.

I am sure that I'm not the only one who takes offense at the term "gun crazies". It is a strong sign of a closed mind. He is obviously trying to marginalize his opposition rather than even begin to admit that the opposing opinion just might be as valid as his own.

While I don't wish ill upon others, I DO hope that karma has a lesson in store for him.

.22guy
08-08-2012, 5:41 PM
Those "gun crazies" pay his boss's salary.

90runner
08-08-2012, 5:49 PM

I actually sent a very professional and appropriate email to both he and The senator pointing out that, while there are some racists out there making comments towards Yee, We are just normal people and we are not held to a higher standard as someone in an elected position(yee) and his chief of staff. They are held to standards that the rest of us are not and they are expected to act professionally. I also said that if i was Yee, i would be extremely embarrassed to have that man as my chief of staff.

Kodemonkey
08-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Wow. I was following him on twitter and I never said one thing good or bad to the guy. Ive been blocked access to his feed.

I suspect he either just blocked everyone that followed him in the last week or blocked anyone that followed stop sb249.

He hurt my feelings. :(

motorwerks
08-08-2012, 11:45 PM
HAHAHA I just tried to add him, this should be short lived. I bet he wont even except me because I have range pictures from yesterday up. LOL :D

greasemonkey
08-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Sadly, I doubt they'll learn. At least Adam Keigwin is known to Sacramento staffers as "Yee Bingo" or "249 Bingo".

duggan
08-09-2012, 1:14 AM
I'm @StuartPidasso add me

fizux
08-09-2012, 6:30 AM
He did suggest mandatory polygraph tests for 30-round owners which is police state stuff.

Once he was able to repeal 2A by fiat in his own mind, it isn't much farther down the slippery slope to ignoring 5A by mandating self incrimination polygraphs, or even 1A with the "it's not up for debate" rhetoric.

SanPedroShooter
08-09-2012, 6:43 AM
I have never seen someone in such a relatively high positions behave so badly in public and on the internet.

I can only assume the Senator he works for knows about, and approves of his conduct. The guy that wrote he is down here ranting like the rest of us nailed it. I hope he hasnt decieded to keep his career in politics. Would you hire this guy? It would seem like a liabilty.

SamsDX
08-09-2012, 7:16 AM
I can only assume the Senator he works for knows about, and approves of his conduct. The guy that wrote he is down here ranting like the rest of us nailed it.

Sometimes I wonder if he's just trolling us for inflammatory comments that he can cherry pick and use later to bolster support for SB249. He tweets a lot of crazy, downright treasonous things that would lead to most elected politicians' being destroyed in the mainstream media (but then again, there are guys like hizzoner Bloomberg and hizzoner Daley). Adam hopes that people will think:

Guns are clung to by racists -> Racists oppose SB249 -> Racism is bad -> I'm not a racist -> I support anything that is against racism -> therefore I (should) support SB249.

He's working particularly hard to stress the second link in that logical chain, and the hate-filled comments unfortunately goes a long way towards supporting that jump. Sadly enough, it doesn't take much effort to convince people of the last logical jump (I'm not a racist -> therefore I support SB249) nowadays because of our strong cultural aversion to racism.

It's nothing more than a cheap parlor trick, but seeing some of the responses on Twitter, it looks like it's working amongst their base.

What I can't reconcile, though, is if he is doing it to get choice "sound bites," I don't understand why he insists on blocking everyone with an opposing viewpoint. Interestingly, I haven't gotten blocked yet.

Kodemonkey
08-09-2012, 9:31 AM
I have never seen someone in such a relatively high positions behave so badly in public and on the internet.

That was the reason I wanted to follow him. It was entertaining to me. I too was surprised how someone so close to a State Senator could be so unprofessional. It reflects poorly on the Senator, and it surprises me that neither of them can recognize that the Internet is forever.

Uxi
08-09-2012, 9:53 AM
This is the same State Senator caught frequenting prostitutes right?

curtisfong
08-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Like I said, Yee isn't too bright. Why else would he hire somebody like Keigwin to tell him what to do and when to do it?

Kodemonkey
08-09-2012, 10:06 AM
This is the same State Senator caught frequenting prostitutes right?

From what I have seen, he was questioned twice by police for being in prostitution districts. I don't see any arrests.

I think the guy is a slimeball for other reasons, but I'm not going to stoop to their level and accuse him of hiring prostitutes when there was no arrest and conviction for it. Even though he accuses us lawful gun owners of being murderers, I don't have to lower myself to his level.

Unless of course there is a conviction somewhere I don't know about.

And honestly, I think the prostitution accusation on the Stop SB249 website is distasteful. How many of us lawful gun owners have been arrested for absolutely NO reason only to have it later thrown out of court?

http://stopsb249.org/about-sen-yee/

bbsmth
08-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Lol. What a dork.

Uxi
08-09-2012, 10:26 AM
From what I have seen, he was questioned twice by police for being in prostitution districts. I don't see any arrests.

I think the guy is a slimeball for other reasons, but I'm not going to stoop to their level and accuse him of hiring prostitutes when there was no arrest and conviction for it. Even though he accuses us lawful gun owners of being murderers, I don't have to lower myself to his level.

And honestly, I think the prostitution accusation on the Stop SB249 website is distasteful. How many of us lawful gun owners have been arrested for absolutely NO reason only to have it later thrown out of court?

He's a slimeball for many reasons, that's just one. Conviction is part of the criminal justice process. Unless you catch him in the act, extremely difficult to prove. One's own reputation isn't held to a beyond a reasonable doubt standard, or even preponderance of the evidence.

His accusations towards us are entirely unfounded and just one might have been scurrilous, but the second and Occam's Razor can lead to a reasonable suspicion on Yee's ethics.

On top of everything else, yeah... he's a scumbag.

curtisfong
08-09-2012, 10:29 AM
In any case, I don't have a problem with prostitution. My gripe is the fact that Yee is a doddering old fool who hired a rash, ignorant, loudmouthed, vain, insecure, narcissistic staffer to run things.

motorwerks
08-09-2012, 10:38 AM
awww he hasnt excepted my request. LOL

I'm heartbroken.

jdberger
08-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Yee needs to watch out, Keigwin is starting to steal the limelight. This can't be to the good Senator's liking...

Yup. Look what happened to Melvin Purvis.

Sgt Raven
08-09-2012, 2:25 PM

http://stopsb249.org/about-sen-yee/

Well it's well known that Yee was arrested for shoplifting in Hi and then he left the State. Anyone else remember the TV show, The F.B.I. with Efrem Zimbalist Jr.? The thing that always brought the FBI in on the case was Fleeing across State lines to avoid prosecution, which IIRC is Federal Felony. :rolleyes:

curtisfong
08-09-2012, 3:22 PM

I don't think Yee is smart enough to understand the kind of damage somebody like Keigwin can do to his career.

RuggedJay
08-09-2012, 3:28 PM
I don't think Yee is smart enough to understand the kind of damage somebody like Keigwin can do to his career.

You would think. But then again, you never know.