PDA

View Full Version : Places to shoot in Earp, CA (Needles Area)

bigdawg86
08-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Going to the river this weekend and staying at a friends house on the water in Earp, CA and thought this may be a fun time to hit up some BLM land...OR take some mag rebuild kits and have fun just across the river.

I tried looking up the BLM info but am having trouble tracking down specific maps with enough detail to figure anything out.

A little help?

bigdawg86
08-07-2012, 1:01 PM
I just called the BLM office in Needles, CA and the guy was of no help... I asked if he was able to tell me about shooting on public land. He essentially said my map only shows whats public and whats not, it doesn't specify per se if you can shoot there because if it is some wildlife habitat or something you shouldn't shoot there. So again I don't know where to look for info.

Press Check
08-07-2012, 1:49 PM
OT.

Got lost on the way to Vegas once, and ended up at a gas station in Needles. Interesting area.

5shot
08-07-2012, 2:40 PM
Click on the link in my signature line for the San Bernardino Co. Shooting map.

bigdawg86
08-07-2012, 4:31 PM
Click on the link in my signature line for the San Bernardino Co. Shooting map.

Thank you very much... so do all the squares cross reference with a Thomas Brothers map or anything of the sort?

Suvhater
08-07-2012, 5:13 PM
I use Geocommunicator (http://www.geocommunicator.gov/blmMap/MapLSIS.jsp).

If you feel like a short drive from Earp i use a spot near this old copper mine to shoot when im out that way.
coords 34.182154, -114.199374

bigdawg86
08-07-2012, 6:23 PM
I saw that road and wondered if it is accessible for something like a jeep liberty?

Suvhater
08-07-2012, 7:21 PM
its accessible in a smart car, very well maintained dirt road

5shot
08-07-2012, 9:29 PM
Thank you very much... so do all the squares cross reference with a Thomas Brothers map or anything of the sort?

No, those are county recorder plot map designations. If you check the same website, you can download the whole county ordnance that describes the legal boundaries for each section.
Normally, that's not needed unless your going to be somewhere close to one of the boundaries.