PDA

View Full Version : Ramping up the Rhetoric..

BluNorthern
08-07-2012, 9:15 AM
This article in Yahoo today is so full of it! Obvious agenda is obvious just by the articles title.

"Handgun type used on Sikhs is mass shooting weapon of choice"

"The semiautomatic handgun used in the deadly attack on a Wisconsin Sikh temple is the same type used in other recent U.S. mass shootings, including one at a theater in Colorado, and the attack on a congresswoman in Arizona, gun experts said.

Wisconsin shooter Wade Michael Page used a Springfield 9mm semiautomatic handgun to carry out the attack at a Sikh temple in Oak Creek, Wisconsin, officials said.

Other recent attacks have also used semiautomatic handguns with high-capacity magazines.

James Holmes, the man accused of killing 12 people in a shooting spree last month at a theater in Aurora, Colorado, used one .40-caliber Glock handgun and had another one in his car. The weapons were purchased legally within the previous 60 days.

Jared Loughner, who is accused of killing six people and critically wounding Representative Gabrielle Giffords in a January 2011 attack in Tucson, Arizona, used a Glock 9 mm semiautomatic pistol with a magazine that held more than 30 bullets. He also had legally purchased the gun at a local shop and bought ammunition at Wal-Mart.

Seung-hui Cho, the Virginia Tech University student who killed 32 people and then committed suicide in 2007, also used a Glock semiautomatic handgun."

http://news.yahoo.com/handgun-type-used-sikhs-mass-shooting-weapon-choice-145915701.html

And of course....jumping on the bandwagon.......

"Top California Democrats rally around new assault weapons bill"

A California bill aimed at strengthening the state's assault weapons laws is gaining support from top Democrats in the wake of high-profile shootings in Colorado and Wisconsin.

http://blogs.sacbee.com/capitolalertlatest/2012/08/california-top-democrat.html

neouser
08-07-2012, 9:22 AM
I'm confused? The one used in Wisconsin is a Springfield and the other three are Glocks. Am I missing something?

robcoe
08-07-2012, 9:24 AM
I'm confused? The one used in Wisconsin is a Springfield and the other three are Glocks. Am I missing something?

http://urbangrounds.com/wp-content/uploads/journalists-guide-to-guns-1.jpg

Curtis
08-07-2012, 9:26 AM

Yes: "semiautomatic" and "high capacity magazines".

BluNorthern
08-07-2012, 9:26 AM

Nope...they are just glossing over the facts, lumping semi-auto pistols into the same evil weapons as their so called 'assault rifles'.

Read the articles...."high capacity", "This allows the shooter to fire the maximum number of bullets in a short period of time"....the same fear tactics.

neouser
08-07-2012, 9:27 AM
Ahhh. Got it. Sorry. I'm a bit of a blonde sometimes. I thought they were implying that the same make was used for all of them.

duggan
08-07-2012, 9:28 AM
Well at least the reporter used "magazines" instead of "clips", we need the journalist's guide to firearms on this one.

njineermike
08-07-2012, 9:33 AM
I thought they all used an AK47 like this one:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8e3G1S0e_g7vO6w33LAYM9vWJDngfd SyK2iU66QS9010KycoaDQ

These idiots wouldn't know one firearm from another if it was being removed by a proctologist.

joe_gman
08-07-2012, 9:35 AM
It is amazing to me that the most common type of handgun made (auto-loader) would be the same type used in these horrendous attacks. In other news, gasoline vehicles are the most commonly used vehicle that is involved in traffic accidents and unemployment numbers are higher in areas of our country with the largest populations.:facepalm:

Dreaded Claymore
08-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Yeah, but look what happens when I edit this:

"The semiautomatic handgun used to halt the deadly attack on a Wisconsin Sikh temple is the same type used by the police to end other recent U.S. mass shootings, including one at a theater in Colorado, gun experts said."

See what I did there? :facepalm: